Something that Made You Feel Good Today

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Hey guys, did you know we have a thing called a collarbone?? I discovered mine this morning when I looked into the mirror! (Also, as of today, I've lost 53 pounds since the middle of June! I am only 39 pounds away from seeing 299 pounds...)

@rieraclaelin

Oh, I remember when this happened to me! I didn't know what to think as I hadn't seen the deep wells the collar bones make since I couldn't remember when :)

Wait until you've lost enough to actually see your rib cage - that will blow your mind! :grin:

I'm getting to the point now where I'm feeling positively bony.....
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Hey guys, did you know we have a thing called a collarbone?? I discovered mine this morning when I looked into the mirror! (Also, as of today, I've lost 53 pounds since the middle of June! I am only 39 pounds away from seeing 299 pounds...)

@rieraclaelin

Oh, I remember when this happened to me! I didn't know what to think as I hadn't seen the deep wells the collar bones make since I couldn't remember when :)

Wait until you've lost enough to actually see your rib cage - that will blow your mind! :grin:

I'm getting to the point now where I'm feeling positively bony.....

And it is uncomfortable! Even with my memory foam mattress, my ribs still uncomfortable poke into it when I sleep on my side or stomach. Also, it is disconcerting when you realize that you can GRAB THE BOTTOM OF YOUR RIBS. It seems like poor body design. I shouldn't be able to poke my finger under my ribcage.

• I'd LOVE to have my hair to the middle of my back! I'm jealous! My hair is really fine and it will not grow long at all; gets to about the middle of my shoulder blades then starts breaking off. And if I let it get too long, it just gets all flat and stringy with no body at all. And I hate styling my hair - I'm the type that wants to run a brush through my hair, pull it back with a couple of clips to keep it out of my face, set it with hair spray and go on with my day. And I only set it with hairspray because my hair is so fine that if I don't, I fight having wisps in my face all day, and I hate having my hair in my face. In summer, I just pull it back into a pony tail or french braid, if I have it long enough that I can braid it.

My hair is quite long and down to the base of my tailbone. Now, hair is very individual and if some of this isn't helpful, don't use it.

I sleep on a satin pillowcase and put my hair up at night. When it was your length I braided it; at this length the braid wraps around and gets caught under my arm and wrenches my neck, so I put it into a top bun. I do not wash it every single day. I wash it about once a week, shampoo only on the scalp and the hair immediately adjacent. I do not use conditioner any more often than once a month or two, depending on the season, and then I only use it on about the last foot of hair. I let my hair air-dry, which takes about 45 minutes, and that's easily spent sitting at the computer and browsing. Only then do I brush it out.

I wear it up in a knotted bun or a braided and knotted bun most of the time; it's too long for a French twist, and normally wear the bun low just above my neck. I often tie a scarf over it, because that further protects the hair, but not always. Overall the point is to reduce stress on the hair.

It's really very easy. I take it down from the night bun, brush it out, and do it up in the day bun, and then I forget about it until the evening, when I take it down and brush it out and do it up in the night bun. Well, sometimes I leave it down cause he likes that, but that's not something I talk about here. (grin)

• 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 229 Member
    Looking at myself in the mirror and seeing a beautiful and strong woman. No comments or criticis or any focus on weight or other flaws. Simply seeing me. It was incredibly satisfying.
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Went on a nice hike with my parents and one of my dogs. The weather was beautiful and the trail was just the right amount of challenging!
  • bmeadows380
    I haven't posted in this for a while, but I'm as giddy as a kid on Christmas Eve because we are getting snow today, the first snow of the season, and its sticking! There's a good heavy dusting out there, and we don't usually get the very first snow to stick!

(and yes, I am one of those weird folks who loves snow lol)

9cdg64adtfb2.jpg

qeofdan21bbt.jpg

7ohw2kqnj0el.jpg
  • eliezalot
    I haven't posted in this for a while, but I'm as giddy as a kid on Christmas Eve because we are getting snow today, the first snow of the season, and its sticking! There's a good heavy dusting out there, and we don't usually get the very first snow to stick!

(and yes, I am one of those weird folks who loves snow lol)

9cdg64adtfb2.jpg

qeofdan21bbt.jpg

7ohw2kqnj0el.jpg

That is gorgeous. You are correct. Snow is the best. Please go twirl around outside in it and catch a few flakes on your tongue so I can live vicariously!!
  • bmeadows380
    @eliezalot

lol

unfortunately, it didn't last long; only still there in the shaded areas. But I'm hoping thats Mother Nature's teaser for the winter - I want snow! we didn't have much last year.
  • eliezalot
    @bmeadows380 (excuse me while I turn teenager again) EEEEEEEEEEEE that's so exciting!!!! (okay, i'm back now).

But seriously, that is so exciting. Bask in it, enjoy it, and get your flirt on!
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Way to go @conniewilkins56 💫💫💫
  • bmeadows380
    That's fantastic, connie! Congratulations! You've fought for that so long :)
  • eliezalot
    @conniewilkins56 Congratulations! You're amazing!!!!
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    @conniewilkins56 congrats!! ♥️
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I am not sure how good it made me feel but I didn’t get weighed this morning because I was afraid my weight would jump back up on the scale!....it is really chilly here this morning at 59 degrees....I went to the pool anyway dressed in my swimsuit,a hat,beach towel,hoodie, and water jogging shoes....the air was 75 degrees but the wind was whipping at about 25 mph and out of the north....and I got in...after the initial plunge and shock to my system it wasn’t too bad and I got an hour work out in!....was very proud of myself!....I promised myself when the weather started cooling off I was still going to swim as many days a week that I could...except for rain or temps below 65 degrees....the longer you do anything, the more of a habit it becomes....it’s not like I am swimming at the North Pole!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    @conniewilkins56 It is super cold here too and it gets dark so early that I can't do anything outside after I get off work. Kinda sucks.

I am heading to your neck of the woods in mid December and looking forward to the warmer temps. I plan on packing both my Hoodie and my swimsuit.