Options
    KCJen
    Sunday
    CW 234.6
    PW 236.2
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Weirdness -- my steps for two Sundays in a row was 7,613! Couldn't have done that if I had planned it that way! LOL :smile:

I posted over the weekend for everyone to report in how things were going. NOT ONE PERSON REPLIED TO THAT POST, so here it is again...those of you old schooler's, remember the old commercial "It's not wise to fool mother nature?" (I think it was a margarine ad), well imagine that voice here...

IT'S NOT WISE TO IGNORE YOUR CAPTAINS!!!

This pandemic and quarantine is hard on all of us...talk to your Captains and your colleagues in the "struggle"...we'd love to hear from each of you this week...report in...share your personal struggle...we can't respond or even empathize if we don't hear from you...

If I haven't said so lately, y'all mean the world to me...hope to hear from you soon!

Stay safe and well!
    Jessica :blush:

I have been glued to the tv. Completely off my routine. This past week I started quilting, which I love to do. I have realized I need my routine and this week I am going to focus on getting back on my routine. And quilt while watching the news. :)
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Weirdness -- my steps for two Sundays in a row was 7,613! Couldn't have done that if I had planned it that way! LOL :smile:

I posted over the weekend for everyone to report in how things were going. NOT ONE PERSON REPLIED TO THAT POST, so here it is again...those of you old schooler's, remember the old commercial "It's not wise to fool mother nature?" (I think it was a margarine ad), well imagine that voice here...

This pandemic and quarantine is hard on all of us...talk to your Captains and your colleagues in the "struggle"...we'd love to hear from each of you this week...report in...share your personal struggle...we can't respond or even empathize if we don't hear from you...

If I haven't said so lately, y'all mean the world to me...hope to hear from you soon!

Stay safe and well!

I'm guilty of not being active here (or any social media platforms). These weeks during the pandemic I've been keeping at home most of the days with just my sister for company. We do go out every so often to walk or to buy groceries. However, most of my exercise comes in the form of Walking with Leslie Sansone and a 15-minute a day 30-Day Challenge. I've missed a few days of exercising recently due to poor sleep and pain in my upper back. The pain was from overdoing it in one of the 30-Day Challenge exercises. Most of those are too advanced for me, but I modify a lot. I think my anxiety plays a roll in not getting good sleep. I just got back to doing the exercises yesterday. However, this morning, I missed exercising again due to poor sleep. At noon, I did take a break to do a 40-minute long gentle yoga (I logged it as 20-mins though because gentle yoga is not the same as the quicker flowing yoga classes). I'm going to try my best to Walk with Leslie and do the 30-Day Challenge later.

Other news is that I'm doing a lot of work for Fountain House including manning the phones for my unit, lots of data entry, writing some PSAs for the House, as well as sitting in a lot of Zoom and Slack meetings. The rest of the time is spent on household chores and cooking with my sister. It's a bit late already, but we also want to start some planting indoors.

I still struggle daily with wanting to eat all the time, but that's not just from stressing over the pandemic. It's something that is chronic with me as I take a medication that makes me crave food all the time. My sis and I just made a batch of cabbage and lentil soup, so I'm going to try to make that my go to food when I'm craving stuff. It's healthy at least and lower in calories than say the cinnamon rolls we baked. I think I've been doing well, however, it's still so hard to resist. I want to be able to be full and not crave all the time.

• Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Arc130
    Steps
    Saturday 4/18- 7868
    Sunday 4/19- 10008
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

Stay safe and well!

Honestly, I've been keeping quiet because I've got it pretty good compared to many other folks.

l've got a back garden and a spare bedroom we've turned into a mini home gym (nothing fancy but a step bench, dumbbells and yoga mat). We have lots of green space nearby so I'm walking and running regularly. I have been so busy at work I haven't even been near the cupboards to snack in the daytime.

There are so many other points in my life where my circumstances were more precarious and lockdown would have been an absolute nightmare, so I really feel for all of you who are struggling right now. Stay strong. It will get better 😘

• Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    mqczqd42uani.jpg

Let's all send a big CONGRATS to

@cesse47

She has reached TWO-TERVILLE!!! Goodbye land of 300s!!!

Congratulations! Great Job! 👏😊🌷
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Steps
    4/19: 5,125
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    4/17-13,224
    4/18-12,260
    4/19-14,836

Hey @angmarie28 Can I get your steps for the 15th please? Thanks! Jess :smile:
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    I have a home gym ;)1scgmd6d2gis.png

Sad to say....that would work for me! Get in a strangers van for a good set of barbells? Okay, sounds like a great idea!! I’m in.

I miss my gym 😢😢😢
  • simbersea
    Options

Stay safe and well!

I’m another one that really hasn’t said much, because I’m doing fine. Yes I miss my gym and my friends. But we can go outside, walk, play pickleball, so really I don’t have much to complain about.

Well, my husband is driving me nuts. 24/7 is not good for any marriage 😄. But we haven’t killed each other.

I’m ready to go back to work, I’m ready to drink wine and chat with my friends. I’m ready to have my hair cut and colored. But if that doesn’t happen for another couple weeks, I’ll be fine. And by next week the water might be warm enough to paddle board. Yeah!

• simbersea
    Options
    4/16 8095
    4/17 14297
    4/18 8645
    4/19 15431
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    I’m another one that really hasn’t said much, because I’m doing fine. Yes I miss my gym and my friends. But we can go outside, walk, play pickleball, so really I don’t have much to complain about.

OK, @simbersea What's pickleball??
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @schlerin I can completely understand how you're feeling! During my college years (in between my first and second trip to the university, before graduating the 2nd time around), I spent three years working in retail, layaway and cashiering at Walmart and Hill's Department store at Christmas (layaway at Christmas is a whole nother beast!)...and I get how selfish and stupid people can be. In this case though, do you get the feeling it's that or in some cases, just ignorance about the whole pandemic, what to do and what not to do?! I know there's no cure for stupid, but I keep wondering whether people really know how to behave and how not to...it's not like we're getting one clear, concise and accurate message...there's misinformation EVERYWHERE...in any case, thank you for your service to the community at large...it's people like you who are helping all of us!

@Emmajhare I'm a little envious that you "have it all together" and of course, that you have a mini gym...I find myself not knowing what to do with myself through the days. Yes, i'm working from home and doing virtual piano lessons, but everything just seems so weird...and I'm still getting the hang of the whole "resource/foster parenting" thing...don't get me started on that one...my heart just breaks daily...so emotionally I'm pretty much a wreck and I'm soooo exhausted...not sleeping well. Anyone else having issues with sleeping during this whole pandemic experience? I think it's stress.

@Arc130 Sound like you're another busy person too...all of us are dealing with things in our own ways and we each have our individual issues and ways that it's affecting us. My eating isn't horrible, although I'm coming off a REALLY good month because I was participating in a contest. Now that that's over, I've gotten a little lazy on the nutrition side, but stayed active with my 7k steps a day...so at least that's consistent. I find walking relaxes me a little, even if I'm just doing a walk in place routine...listening to music...or dancing...it let's me shake off the day in any case.

@Angmarie28 OMG, you're a busy beaver!! Don't you dare apologize...I just mainly wanted everyone to know that I'm here for them if they need extra support. I didn't mean to "come down" on anybody. Hang in there...things will even out...at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Well, I'm gonna get off here and head to bed...I just finished walking and getting my steps in for the day...gotta get Maddy to take her shower and then I can watch the news and head to bed. I'm hoping to not be awake at 2am like I was last night. Take care guys...
    Jess :blush:
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    @schlerin I can completely understand how you're feeling! During my college years (in between my first and second trip to the university, before graduating the 2nd time around), I spent three years working in retail, layaway and cashiering at Walmart and Hill's Department store at Christmas (layaway at Christmas is a whole nother beast!)...and I get how selfish and stupid people can be. In this case though, do you get the feeling it's that or in some cases, just ignorance about the whole pandemic, what to do and what not to do?! I know there's no cure for stupid, but I keep wondering whether people really know how to behave and how not to...it's not like we're getting one clear, concise and accurate message...there's misinformation EVERYWHERE...in any case, thank you for your service to the community at large...it's people like you who are helping all of us!
    Jess :blush:

Thanks for that. No, you are right and it's mostly the unknown and the conflicting messages that are making people crazy. And I know people are doing the best they can, just in the moment it's frustrating and in a way kinda funny(some of the things you see...) So for those of you in tougher, more stressful positions sending happy thoughts and many thanks your way.
  • simbersea
    edited April 2020
    Options

OK, @simbersea What's pickleball??
    Jessica

Pickleball is a racquet sport. It’s a combo of tennis and ping pong. Played on a reduced tennis court, it’s similar to tennis but faster and you use a ping pong type paddle and a wiffle ball. its fast and fun. It’s usually played with doubles. I play with a women’s group and my husband and I play mixed doubles. Honestly it’s just a fun sport. Burn some calories, get outside, have a good time.

Here is a video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5x9XWUzhgvA
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Steps
    4/20: 4,833
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @simbersea - excellent! I'd never heard of pickleball before either. Looks fun!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    4/20 11,282
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I have been majorly slacking off on both my diet and exercise. I finally went for a walk last night and it felt good to get out and enjoy the nice weather. My diet has been horrible, I have no control when I'm stressed and it's showing in a major way on the scale.

I'm lucky to still be able to go to work everyday but I work in a hospital. I'm getting my by *kitten* handed to me on a regular basis. Oh well, I have more than steady work which is great. The few times I have gone to the grocery store in the past month and a half there have been too many crazy and way too close to you people so we may need to be in quarantine forever.
This discussion has been closed.