MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,624 Member
    Options
    Me again, I finally found a disco dance to the Bee Gees that I like @Austin Ruadhain and @its_cleo ! https://youtu.be/ATvDDH8t19Q

One more video, I'm going to consider myself grounded from posting videos after this one, I've been clogging up the thread with them! This one looks so stupid! What the heck are they wearing!? They're literally a bunch of clowns, how stupid! Yeah, watch the beginning about how to milk the cow and if you don't laugh something's wrong with you, it's the most I've laughed in a good month! Cleo, I have to do this JUST to do one and not feel self-conscious for a change! https://youtu.be/DMc0WSQCjMk
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Week 2
    4/11/20
    Saturday
    PW. 195.6
    CW. 193.4
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :)
    @Katmary71, so sorry for the loss of your friend, (((hugs))). I understand the desire to go to your parents for Easter and I’m sure that you all will take extra precautions to be safe. ;) Yes, I have done some Jane Fonda videos back in the day. I still remember the time I hadn’t exercised in forever and did an entire Jane Fonda video and then I literally couldn’t move for like four days. :D Side note: Have you watched Frankie and Grace on Netflix? LOVE the show and Jane still has the best hair ever! ;) I am loving all these workout videos that you are posting! Milk the cow! :D:D AND…I am in LOVE with Bob & Brad! I could sit and binge-watch them all day. They are hilarious and their videos are so helpful! So thanks for giving us The Two Most Famous Physical Therapist on the Internet! <3:D

@raleighgirl09, glad your hip is feeling better and that you are being OK with having something unplanned and not beating yourself up for it. What I got out of what you said is that it’s been several weeks since you did something like that. So, you own it and move on. How awesome are you! :)

@its_cleo, so did you do some of the dance videos? You totally should and if you lose your place just freestyle it. :D Don’t worry about your weigh-in dragging us down! This challenge was just to help us all try to be a little more mindful. Plus, I think our team is in the lead so far. ;)

@Cornanda, great tiny habits. I am also tracking my food every single day. It’s not like we are really hiding anything so we might as well track it right? Brushing your teeth after eating is a great practice too. I do intermittent fasting so as soon as dinner is done, I brush my teeth and turn on my fasting app, which really helps me with nighttime snacking. Don’t let that teeny tiny jump on the scale get to you. <3 If you are increasing your calorie burn and doing more exercise you will retain water in the beginning.

@AustinRuadhain, Ohhhh my goodness! I watched that video for the Tinga chicken and now I must make it. I forgot out much I love chipotles in adobo sauce and haven’t used it in forever. Thanks! <3

@vegan4lyfe2012, @davors19, @Shoop69, nice weigh-ins!! Keep it up! B)

Good morning team! Yesterday, I spent a few hours deep cleaning my house and then we watched our live FB stream for my church’s Good Friday service. It was nice but I am seriously missing my church family and can’t wait for all this to be over!! To add to my frustration, my Fitbit app isn’t syncing with my Charge 3. I have done everything possible to fix it and it’s still won’t sync. I am now thinking about deleting my account and starting a brand new one. That would mean I would lose all my friends and have to start over on Fitrockr. Ugghhhh!! :# I think I will go now and do a long workout to burn off some frustration and then figure out what to do with the rest of my day. It's a gorgeous day and I think I might pile DH and the dog in the car, hit the Starbucks drive-thru for an iced coffee, and take a drive. Stay safe everyone! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Oh yes, that disco workout is right up my alley! I had a really busy day yesterday and couldn't fit in the disco workout but I will definitely find time over this weekend to try it and I can't wait. Thanks for sharing it. :) Yes, I had a great day the other day and you are right: exercise is a mood elevator and can help improve the day so much! Thanks for the new recommendation, I love Lady Marmalade and will add this to my workout queue!!! That looks like a ton of fun. By the way, I'm an America's Test Kitchen junkie lol. I have a membership to their sites and have several cookbooks! ;)

@Cornanda tiny habits are where it's at! Brushing your teeth immediately after eating, that's brilliant!

@its_cleo You have to try one of the disco/ABBA workouts. It's so fun! ;)

@Katmary71 I HAVE to try the Bee Gees one you posted! I love them! The Earth, Wind & Fire one looks fun too.

@TeresaW1020 I'm sorry you are having trouble with your FitBit, that is so frustrating!

Calories: over/under over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: some sort of walk or video. 52 oz+ of water
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, guys. I ate takeout food last night and although I made a healthy choice, I think restaurant food the night before weigh-in was a bad idea. :( Also, I didn't drink enough water this week. I hope to have a better week next week.

Username: trooworld
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 238.6
    Todays Weight: 239
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    h3tkdf9ii1gw.gif

Check-in - Friday Report 🟒
    🟒 I was so glad that I check in here. The videos and conversation inspire me, and I really didn't want to check in and say I had not done any exercise after all that. So fast forwarded past the sneaky voice that said "I could skip today, everyone would understand," got in motion, and felt great once I was going.
    🟒 Amazing bonus! My husband was so inspired by the progress I have been making on the yard, using the "Pull One Weed" Tiny Habit, that he was inspired to do some yard work as well. I had not asked him to. He just felt like being part of the fun!
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices 🟒
    Exercise: yes! 🟒 (fitness videos 84 min., gardening 10 min) I did some Leslie Sansone boost walks, including the one with Nick, plus a repeat of the Abba video. @Katmary71 I also tried one of the booty videos, the one with music by Sia, from the SaskiasDansschool. I had mixed feelings, likely because I was so terrible at keeping up! :lol:
    Water: good 🟒
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) 🟒
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟒
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1) 🟒
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) 🟒
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) 🟒
    Goals
    - 10K steps 🟒
    - Bonus workout video (1+) 🟒 Yes!
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟒
    - 90 min movement (yoga, weights, gardening, etc) 🟒
    Goal for week - Move up a Fitness Level in FitRockr. I am at Level 13 right now, and want to see what it would take to get up to 14. Pinning this here, so I keep an eye on it.
    Goals and Improvements for Today (Saturday)
    βœ… Habit Tracking
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min)
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    βš™οΈ Goals
    - 10 K steps, at least some outside! I need to get a wiggle on, as rain is coming! Husband just came to say that he will walk with me if we head out now!
    - Bonus workout video (1+)
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!)
    - 90 minutes of movement, yoga, weights, etc

Sharing video workouts to try:
    Nothing new today. I need to catch up on all the fun things you guys have been finding!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Decided to peek in and I want to say something to the newer friends in our group. Don't feel like you have to apologize for not losing weight, we're not holding it against you! Even doing everything right the scale won't move or go up some weeks. I tend to think of it more as a friendly competition, sure it's fun to be in the lead but it's not necessary, if we held stuff like that against people it would just cause a lot of shame/guilt and we definitely don't need to be feeling that from a supportive group. I would've left this group by now if I was getting guilted into losing only because that's impossible. I didn't want to check in one week because I hadn't lost anything, it's a horrible feeling to feel like you let others down over something that while we can support one another, it's truly a personal experience to change our habits for the better. The response was so encouraging I stopped feeling bad and the support's awesome. I'm maintaining now so I'm not contributing to the weight loss aspect at all, glad we can still hang out despite it!

BTW, so glad the physical therapists came in handy! I need to find the tricks for back pain. Impressive that three of us have found some things by them that help. Imagine if we had them for PT! I'd probably end up end up with a crush because of how good they make me feel! Imagine having a husband who could calm down anything that flared up, I'd keep him around for that alone!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hey, Slimpossibles!
    I did a quick check-in on our little test Team V Team competition with Waistaways. This one is based on calories burned via exercise rather than steps, which will hopefully be a new kind of fun, especially for people who do exercise but don't get in so many steps.
    Anyway, as of this morning, the teams are neck and neck, with Slimpossibles ahead by just 1 Activity Point.

Keep on moving!

u3zda5iulj81.jpg
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    OFFICIAL WEIGH IN

04/11
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.5
    Todays Weight 192.2

It isn’t much but it is a loss!

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hey, Slimpossibles!
    I did a quick check-in on our little test Team V Team competition with Waistaways. This one is based on calories burned via exercise rather than steps, which will hopefully be a new kind of fun, especially for people who do exercise but don't get in so many steps.
    Anyway, as of this morning, the teams are neck and neck, with Slimpossibles ahead by just 1 Activity Point.

Keep on moving!

u3zda5iulj81.jpg

EXCITING
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Username: mlhopp93
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 340
    Todays Weight: 339.5

Goal this week is to not gain back my 1.5 loss the last two weeks.
    If I could only lose and not re-gain I can get to my goal weight -- seems obvious but not getting through my thick head :) one meal, one food choice at a time......one exercise, one choice to get out from behind my desk each day.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Decided to peek in and I want to say something to the newer friends in our group. Don't feel like you have to apologize for not losing weight, we're not holding it against you! Even doing everything right the scale won't move or go up some weeks. I tend to think of it more as a friendly competition, sure it's fun to be in the lead but it's not necessary, if we held stuff like that against people it would just cause a lot of shame/guilt and we definitely don't need to be feeling that from a supportive group. I would've left this group by now if I was getting guilted into losing only because that's impossible. I didn't want to check in one week because I hadn't lost anything, it's a horrible feeling to feel like you let others down over something that while we can support one another, it's truly a personal experience to change our habits for the better. The response was so encouraging I stopped feeling bad and the support's awesome. I'm maintaining now so I'm not contributing to the weight loss aspect at all, glad we can still hang out despite it!

BTW, so glad the physical therapists came in handy! I need to find the tricks for back pain. Impressive that three of us have found some things by them that help. Imagine if we had them for PT! I'd probably end up end up with a crush because of how good they make me feel! Imagine having a husband who could calm down anything that flared up, I'd keep him around for that alone!

Guys, @Katmary71 is so, so on the money about this. Please, oh please, never ever feel bad for not losing weight in a given week, whether or not you have an idea as to why the numbers went that way. We are all on the path, all trying to get there (or, if we hit goal, practicing the balance). It's a long game, losing weight and getting fit. Keep chipping away at building new habits, just keep going, and you will get there.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    User name: Digger61
    Weekly Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 209
    CW: 209
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you for your support! Funny, I didn't realize Grace and Frankie was on Netflix! I thought it was Amazon. I watched 5 episodes today forcing myself to chill and put my legs up and for a change I didn't watch it while online. Just turned off the TV, put on some Adele to relax and have my Sleepytime tea, check in here, and enjoy Asher curled up next to me. I was tempted to keep watching but don't want to watch it all at once! I was watching our favorite physical therapists while foam rolling, they have more ideas on foam rolling than I ever would have thought of, smart people! Like my workouts need to be any longer!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Great to see you! You're doing amazing with your weight loss, very consistent!

@trooworld Do you have America's Test Kitchen vegetable cookbook? It's supposed to be really good. I base most of my meals around vegetables so it's something I've thought of buying but preferably second-hand or maybe I'll check it out from the library first. Cookbooks are expensive these days! I tried to do the Earth Wind and Fire video and it's too silly for me, but I did still laugh at the udder part! The Bee Gee one was fun but I don't think I'd do it over and over like some of the others I've found.

@AustinRuadhain I love that you're husband is getting into tiny habits too! I didn't realize I was doing it at the time but my parents stopped by and I had a bunch of books for her (I borrow from her and she wants to go through them before I donate so I had a huge stack from the last month). I went into the closet and picked out a couple more just to accomplish something small in decluttering. Books are definitely the hardest out of everything I have in the house. Anyhow, I love that your husband is getting in the spirit. It's so much easier to think of things in small amounts, like working out to one song or one video, cleaning for a minute, or pulling one weed!

Does the exercise competition go by calories burned via our Fitbit? I can't enlarge the screen you posted.

@mlhopp93 You got this, keep up the great work!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Apr 2020
    Sunday
    PW 157.4 (71.4kg)
    CW 155.6(70.6kg)

Lost - a real loss this week. Just hope I don't go back with all these easter eggs around.
    Ate bigger lunches which may have carb and no carbs for dinner. It's going well. I haven't really eaten dessert but there is a clotted cream and scone to be eaten next week but I have been saving it for a day that I haven't eaten as much carb.
    Been walking every day and always over an hour.

Don't recall eating chocolate this week. But I did eat custard egg tart for two nights in a row at the beginning of the week. But hey...it's worked out; but maybe could have losted more weight.
    Although I do slather a lot of butter on my hot cross bun breakfast. Need to be more mindful and use less butter.

Still eating a hot cross bun for breakfast but also with yoghurt and berries. Maybe after Easter I'll just eat yoghurt?

I have been thanking myself every morning for eating right the day before and the day ahead. It seems to help but maybe unconsciously.

Reached my goal to drink less tea to give mouth a rest. Only a drink of water.

I did snack on the watermelon at lunch time. Nice sweet taste.

GOALS next week
    1. Thank myself every morning that I'll eat right that day
    2. Drink less tea during the day - give my mouth a rest from taste between meals
    3. If I do eat Easter chocolate. To eat for taste not just gobble it up. Instead drink some water first or read 1 page of a book to distract myself.

• apple852hk
    Options
    @trooworld

Did you try leaving a thank you note for eating right? What's your experience if it helps or not-?

"@apple852hk I love the idea of writing a note thanking yourself for eating right, great thought"
  • apple852hk
    Options
    @Katmary71 did you end up trying the note near the food idea?
    I put my note near my chocolate stash but thankfully this week I ate no chocolate. But when I was putting away my Easter eggs in the stash, it did make me stop and think that when I do eat it...least I will be mindful.
    Usually I would have eaten some whilst putting something in the stash.

Of course I know I should not have chocolate around but there's no point self denying. It's about portion and frequency control. What's your go to food item that is your treat?

"April 6, 2020 6:46AM
    @apple852hk I like the idea of putting a thankful note near food, I'll have to try that!"
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Calories- under, I'm currently over by a carrot but wanted to close my diary so I didn't log it, feel totally guilty but I know the calorie count will go up in the next hour so it's burned off and I'll log it before bed. I shouldn't care about going over every once and awhile but it bugs me to be in the red, I normally would've skipped the carrot but really wanted it! There's a 600 calorie difference in my Fitbit adjustment from yesterday yet I worked out the same and did more cardio today than yesterday. Every time I think things are on track and know roughly how much to eat I'm thrown back off! I'm going to my parent's for sure tomorrow so I'm leaving room for going over in case there's something good for dessert.
    Exercise- YouTube videos, yoga, foam rolling
    I wasn't going to post videos for a few days but discovered a real cool instructor with a different theory on dance where you have a basic step or two then move the way your body wants to. My favorite is Another One Bites the Dust, you walk four steps then pump something in your body 4 times. I didn't know if I'd like it or not but was groovin all over the house and must've done it at least 5 times! This is one based on clapping and moving to the music. I'm trying really hard to still workout without making legs worse and listening to my body so I had to stop watching as I wanted to try it so bad! https://youtu.be/RclSThmc-IU I saved about 15 more workouts to my playlist. Was bummed when my legs tightened up early on, had to scrap any lower body strength training (just planned to do butt and skip leg weights and use mini-resistance bands) and did two yoga routines, one for tired legs that felt amazing (Yoga with Adriene).

Habits
    Weights- upper body 3 days, lower 1 day, core every day of some sort
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga/core- done
    Decluttering- bag of books gone, two books out of closet- better than nothing!
    Recipe- finished lentil cauliflower tacos tonight. Not sure what to make next, I'll probably go to the store Monday or Tuesday as I'm down to one more salad then the only veggies left are onions, carrots, and potatoes. I was going to make another skinnytaste recipe but next up was chicken and lentils and I've had a couple of servings of lentils every day for over a week now. Might re-make roasted carrot, chickpea, and garlic soup, that was probably my favorite soup I made during winter.
    10,000 steps- done

Turns out my VCR works, glad I didn't toss all my old exercise videos! I have some Karen Voight yoga sculpt videos and a bunch of old Leslie Sansone ones from early 2000s. There's already so many on YouTube that it's overwhelming, I'm trying to do at least one new one a day, usually a short dance one but will give those old ones a go. I don't have to try EVERYTHING at once, right?!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

Happy Easter Slimpossibles!! :) I know that for many of us this day is not what we are used to. We are used to being with friends and family doing all the fun Easter stuff together. Or maybe you are like me and used to being in church celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. I could really let myself wallow in what I'm missing but that is NOT what today is about. So, I will watch my church message on Facebook, I will make a nice dinner, and I will be very thankful for my many blessings. I will also pray for those who are suffering, for those dying, and mostly for this terrible virus to go away! Be well and stay safe my friends! <3

ys473v1dz2d2.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day!
This discussion has been closed.