• nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    nbbaby
    Week 3
    Monday
    PW: 208.8
    CW: 210.6

(I believe its week 3 for me so confused lol)

I'm playing the yo yo game apparently
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    cbabie
    Week 2
    Saturday
    PW: 144.4
    CW: 143
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    dy2ccpyx2bce.jpeg
    I just read in the news that instead of toilet paper, hair dye and other personal grooming products are now flying off of the shelves. Here is a new F2F group challenge. We want to see it all from you, the success stories, the greying roots, the crazy beards, the long bangs, the tussled hair. Post photos of your grooming successes, challenges or fails relating to you, your family or your pets. Maybe you have discovered your inner hairdresser or pet groomer? Maybe you went a little to crazy with the scissors? Maybe your roots are in high contrast right now? Show us what is going on!

You can post photos and commentary at the thread link here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10792163/the-good-the-bad-the-really-not-good-grooming-photo-challenge#latest

Have fun and we will keep this challenge going as long as you like!
  • trlong1308
    trlong1308 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I think I’ve finally realized why my weight keeps fluctuating. I’m stressed about my job. See, there are only 5 of us in my department and we are all getting paid, whether we’re at work or not. We have to report our hours, though. Most of what I do revolves around meetings…which haven’t been taking place. So, I go into the office on Tuesdays for about 2 hours. My work-at-home hours are around 10 per week. My coworkers in my department all have specialized jobs and they can do them at home. So they are reporting full-time working hours. I know my boss knows that there’s not much I can do from home, but I’ve still been feeling guilty and stressing about it. I have GOT to stop stress eating. I have planned my meals for the week and went grocery shopping to get everything. I did not buy chips or candy. Please pray for me as I try to tackle this week with a better attitude towards myself.

Hugs to all of you and thanks for listening!

I pray for your sanity and peace and that things get better. I know that it is really hard with everything going on in the world right now not to be stressed but you got this girl.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    1xrbhuvvchty.jpg

Thank You to the Slimsters here who are helping us test the "Team Vs Team" and "Activity Points" functions in FitRockr by being part of our little test challenge!

Any Feedback?
    Right now, the people that I think are on this Slimpossibles team for this challenge are: @gwamajtw91 , @TeresaW1020 , @leonadixon , @mrmcgrath , @Cornanda and myself.

Any feedback, you guys?

And did anyone want to join, but have trouble? If so, ping me!

Want to Join? Latecomers Welcome!
    If anyone else wants to jump in, you can join anytime by setting up an account on FitRockr and then using this link to join. If you have trouble joining, ping me and let me know (I can send an invitation if you give me your name on FitRockr).
    JOIN: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e892201753d2a0001a3eb31/1770f38a-8ecb-4b88-b171-5986174132ff

Note that your joining after the start of the month doesn't affect the team negatively in any way. You just contribute going forward!

Want to See How the Challenge Is Doing?
    If anyone wants to see the status of the team at any time, you can take a look!
    VIEW: https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5e892243753d2a0001a3efda

Do Rest Days or Sick Days Hurt the Team?
    Nope! FitRockr calculates a team average score separately for each day. Team members who have no data on a particular day are not considered as a team member [on that day] and do not count into the average [calculated for that day]. The sum of all day averages makes up the total score of a team.

What If I Think It Sounds Fun, But I Don't Burn Enough Calories to Be Helpful?
    Don't worry about it! Come play if it will be motivating and fun for you. Truly!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Oh, my. Big hugs on the job stress. πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Is there anything you can offer to do instead, something to help with? Ideas for process improvements or such? Something to study that might be helpful later?
    Whatever the answer, it is SUPER great that you are keeping an eye on our health, and so smart that you set yourself up for a winning week by leaving the chips and candy at the store. πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽

@Cafelelia - The new photo challenge is hilarious! :lol:
    I don't think of myself as vain, but I DID, when shopping for lockdown, make sure to have hair dye on hand, so my roots got cleaned up last week. Finally. You'd have loved the photo, as I did indeed let them go MUCH longer than usual. I did finally do them, though. Sadly, I took no incriminating "before" photos.

@cbabie - Way to go! Great weigh-in! :smile: :smile: :smile:

@nbbaby - Hang in there! We have all yo-yoed at some point. Keep chipping away, and you'll find a way. πŸ‘

@Trlong1308 - Wow! What a GREAT weigh-in! That was like a 2.5% drop. :smiley: πŸ†πŸ‘πŸ½

@trooworld - It just makes me so happy to imagine you getting down with DISCO in your workout! I love your health goals, and it sounds like you have fabulpous lans for making usde of your time off! :love:

@mrmcgrath - This wrecked me, for some reason: I got into the Cadbury Eggs. :lol:
    Yeah, those Easter treats can be so dangerous. Fortunately, Easter is behind us, and I know you'll be back at work!

Side note: I was on the phone to my son's orthodontist today, and she was laughing about how many people had braces-related mishaps over the weekend. She thinks lots of stuck-at-home kids got revved up my all the extra sugar and then.. got into trouble.

@TeresaW1020 - Thank you for your fabulous Monday morning update! :
    So glad you are back at menu planning and such. Someday we will all be wearing real pants instead of jammies during the day. 😊😊😊

Anyone else get a laugh about some of the articles about people working with the new dress code for online meetings?
    You can have fun with WFH Dressing Ideasβ€”All Collar, No Pants

But if you have a call, you may need to also make sure your spouse is wearing something not overly casual...

@KatMary71 - I feel like I'm living an episode of Chopped Googling the next produce item that'll go bad to find recipes I have ingredients I can craft around it.
    Oh, my! Thanks for making me laugh! A big YES to this! :lol::lol::lol:
    My husband and son are getting much better about eating leftovers. And I am finding new ways to hide leftovers in dishes.

@its_cleo - Woohoo! Glad you liked the BeeGees video @KatMary found. Me, too!
    #DiscoForever

Hurray to the team for losing 13 pounds last week! Everyone in on going for a team loss again this week? :smiley:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Sounds like you had a great day yesterday, I'm trying to wait until the end of the week to go shopping but am down to salad for about two days and it's 2 weeks right now, definitely been a challenge. Enjoy your shopping trip! Something about a fridge packed with fresh produce is awesome.

@trlong1308 Wow, 6lbs is amazing!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Prayers for a successful week! It sounds like you've done well at stocking the house with healthy food and a good plan.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I'm pretty sure I joined the activity group on Fitrckr. I had to put something down as a last name to save my profile but I'm sure you all can figure out Katmary71 A is me!

@cafelelia Hilarious topic! Yesterday was the first time I wore a bra and dried my hair in awhile, I was shocked when actually paying attention to my looks yesterday how much my roots have grown out and how many rogue chin hairs excaped my notice, I've just been putting my hair up in a ponytail when it dries, washing my face, brushing my teeth, and putting on lotion and that's it in the mornings.

Monday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- YouTube video strength dance and yoga, Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 3 miles adding weights, I'll foam roll before bed if I remember
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- Legs today for the first time in a week but kept it semi-gentle
    Yoga/core- done. Did a different plank challenge than I normally do, it was a little longer but still had the harder planks and some new ones I've never done. I think I like the varieties over holding static planks, it's more challenging than holding a plank for a long amount of time.
    Decluttering- none
    Recipe- on my second week not going to the grocery store, dinner was frozen chicken cutlets, frozen vegetable mix, and a potato with olive oil and herbs from the garden. I took some black bean sweet potato chili out of the freezer so I'll tough out a few more days though I think I'm down to two days of lettuce at this point for my lunch salads. I'm leaning toward Peruvian spicy beans next but am not sure what I'll use them for.
    10,000 steps- done

Been a little off my game today, think because I haven't been sleeping the best. I ate breakfast before working out and my stomach was growling half the time, been one of those days where I wanted to eat a lot of food but after going over the last two days (not by much but still) I didn't want to overdo it. I stuck to my goal of 2 cookies, gave some away too so I think I'm ok even though they called me all day.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I can see how that would be stressful. I hope this week is better for you.

@AustinRuadhain Aww, thank you! I had fun with the disco workout. Yeah, I think I definitely need to make full use of this time off!

Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under even
    Exercise: Leslie Sansone 30-minute video.
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Cleaning house from bottom to top, does that count?, 52 oz+ of water.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Did you get your fitbit to sync? I had a good amount of trouble with mine. Once I got it going, it's been OK. I do have to try 5+ times before it will actually do the sync.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2020
    Options
    05yfp8w3anhl.jpg

Check-in - Monday Report
    Good day 🟒 especially happy to be having fun with the Pull-One-Weed Tiny Habit!
    Monday Report
    Calories: 🟒 on target; all good, on-plan choices
    Exercise: 🟒 a Leslie Sansone mile, an Essentrics stretch workout, gardening, and a family walk with husband & teenager
    Water: 🟒
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) 🟒
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟒
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1) 🟒
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) 🟒
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) 🟒
    Goals
    - 10K steps 🟒
    - Bonus workout video 🟒
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟒
    - Activity Calorie Burn (stretch goal) - 1200+ πŸ”΄
    Tuesday Goals
    - 10K steps
    - Bonus workout video (1+) 🟒
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!)
    - Activity Calorie Burn (stretch goal) - 1200+
    Goal for week - Move up a Fitness Level in FitRockr (12 > 13)
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @trooworld - So glad you had fun with the disco workout!
    p6o7t0lv7hpz.gif

@Katmary71 - I hope you are feeling more on your game today. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    I think you particularly like the Leslie Sansone channel videos that feature Nick? I did this video yesterday and thought it was fun -- [url="http://"]Week 6 Bonus Burn: 1 Mile WALK PARTY | Walk at Home[/url] -- and then went looking and see a bunch in a little series from 2019, many of which have him and some other walk leaders (search YouTube for "Leslie Sansone New Year 6 Week WALK Challenge").
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@Cornada, yes I did get my Fitbit app working. I’m not sure what of the many, many things I did but it just started working and seems perfectly fine now. How are you doing on sticking with your eating plan? Are you getting in any exercise? Are you being good to yourself! <3

@Katmary71, I agree that I love having my fridge packed with fresh veggies and fruits. The green grapes and strawberries looked amazing, so I bought double since we all like them so much. Sorry that you have been off your game but good for you for sticking to only two cookies! I seriously can’t be around cookies at all. :#

@AustinRuadhain, That link to WFH Dressing ideas was great!! What an awesome style that girl has. No way could I pull off the looks she has. And I really do need to do one of those DIY stands for my iPad. :D

Fitrockr issue:
    I can’t seem to get my steps to sync to the site. I was having a problem with my Fitbit app but that seems to be working now but no matter what I try to do Fitrockr won’t sync. Ugghhhh!! Can you help me?? :'(

@cbabie, Yayyyyy great weigh-in!! B)

@nbaby, I have been playing that game too. We will get it together. How are you feeling these days? <3

@vegan4lyfe2012, I am sorry that you have been so stressed but it sounds like you know why and you have a plan to help with the stress. Good for you for not buying chips and candy when you went grocery shopping. I will be praying that your attitude going into this week will be better and that you will spend more time taking care of yourself and not beating yourself up. <3

@trolong1308, NICE weight loss!! What did you do that was so right this week? :)

@trooworld, those fajitas look great! I keep telling my DH that he should let me buy an airfryer. Maybe when I am heating the kitchen up this summer by turning on the oven, he will see the value in it. You have such a great attitude and plan for what to do with your time off of work. I am right there with you. Finally! πŸ˜‰

@mrmcgrath, If I had Cadbury Eggs I would have been up too. Those things are addicting! :)

Good afternoon everyone! :) Well, I got up this morning and drank my black coffee because I am back on the intermittent fasting bandwagon. I went to the grocery store and walked past all the 50% off Easter candy that was EVERYWHERE and instead stocked up on lots of fresh veggies, fruit, Greek yogurt, and other WW point friendly foods. Then I came home and did a Triceps/chest dumbbell workout and a 25-minute power walk on the treadmill. I broke my fast with 3 oz. of leftover ham from Easter, Greek yogurt with a 1/8 cup of pecans with a big bottle of water. I watched this video this morning from a woman that lost 250 lbs and she said that one of the biggest trigger moment for her was realizing that she is the only one who can and does control what she puts into her mouth. Every other reason is nothing more than excuses. That resonates with me because I am the queen of excuses. But NOT today!!! NOT TODAY!! B)
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Day 4/13
    Weigh in : week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.2
    Today’s weight: 192.2

Calories: maintenance
    Water: over/under : under
    Macros: off
    Exercise : πŸšΆπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ’ͺ🏻

5218 steps
    2.19 miles
    2326 burned calories
    29 active
    83 sleep score
    59 resting heart rate
    1643 calories consumed

Basic Goal
    Workout: πŸšΆπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ’ͺ🏻
    Complete diary : πŸ₯™
    Hydrated: πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
    Below sugar goal: πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
    In fiber range: πŸ₯¬
    Self care: πŸ§˜πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
    Breathing exercise : 🌬
    Sleep : min 7 hours πŸ›Œ
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I have found my motivation with these old Drivers Licenses. I want to be "A" again!
    cg5q0bd83vu6.jpg
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 well done for putting the cookies straight into the freezer with a label reminding you of your eating goals.
    Great job! Even if you do snack on then - let's wish it's a smaller portion than you would have done. Keep it up!

April 13, 2020 7:39AM
    @apple852hk I was at my parent's house and talked my Mom into making cookies together and actually said yes to bringing some home despite eating too many tonight. I put them straight in the freezer but made sure to put a label on them saying to remember my goals and to moderate them, thank you for the idea
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @trooworld well done for putting a note on the fridge thanking yourself to eat right.

Why didn't you put a note in your cashew but stash too?

April 13, 2020 3:55PM
    @apple852hk I now have my note on the refrigerator. I think it is going to help me to keep from snacking. Not that I have a lot to snack on, but I do have some cashews to snack on
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Week: 3
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 199
    Todays Weight: 201

Well that was a short stay in Onederland.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you! The link didn't work but a bunch of videos came up when I searched You Tube with that info. I've been trying out all the 3 mile ones from the 3 sets of VHS ones I have the last couple days.

@TeresaW1020 A successful day all the way around, way to go! Huge kudos for avoiding the candy, I thought I'd have to go to the drugstore and was worried about that one. Glad your house is stocked with fresh and healthy food! It actually stresses me out to run out of my usual foods even though I've food prepped enough to get through a couple days.

@vegan4lyfe2012 You'll definitely get there! I think that's the only picture I have of myself at my highest weight, I cringe every time I need to pull it out.

@Jactop You'll be back there but I know it sucks to see that darned "2" again.

• Katmary71
    Options
    Tuesday check-in (I need to put a calendar on my coffee table, every night I can't remember what day it is!)
    Calories- under
    Exercise- Leslie Sansone 3 mile with resistance bands and I added weights, YouTube videos, yoga, foam rolling, gardening
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- 1 upper/1 lower
    Yoga/Core- done- been trying different plank challenges as I was getting bored, finding ab challenge isn't as challenging as it used to be and adding in another short video but it's a lot of abs to do daily
    Decluttering- none, may cut this from my list as I'm down to stuff that needs to be donated and already have a big pile of stuff in the garage that can't go anywhere
    Recipe- unsure, pulled black bean chili out of freezer so dinner's covered for a few nights.
    10,000 steps- been trying to stay between 10,000-15,000 and not go over but was walking around while on the phone and lost track of time, I'm around 20,000. And my calves aren't happy with me!

I think I'm feeling off because I've expected people to come to the door the last couple days so I'm not as comfortable working out as there's a window people can see through when they walk up, I axed dancing as out of my workout that would be the most embarrassing to be busted doing. I worked out at different times too so that could be it since I've basically been on a schedule lately. The heater/AC yearly maintenance was today, poor guys had huge masks on and could barely talk without panting. I cleaned up my herb garden and succulents, still can't believe it's spring but lavender and peonies are in bloom.Talked to a high school friend for the first time since we were teens, he brought back a lot of funny memories of what a trouble-maker I was! Thursday's my doctor's appointment about my blood pressure, really irritates me that nothing I'm doing/have done has helped. It's like I worked my butt off to get healthier and off diabetes medication just to end up with blood pressure problems and will need medication that came out of nowhere. I sound like a huge grouch, I'm sorry!
This discussion has been closed.