TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow members of The Big Butt Theory!!! My name is Christine, and I am your captain, along with my two co-captains, @brandi_84 and @Krysless2 . Just reach out to us if you need anything!

I am 27 years old and live in Connecticut. I am a dog momma to two dogs, an 11 month old puppy(his birthday is May 13th!) and a 10 year old golden doodle. Both are my babies, and I look forward to unwinding with them each evening! When the weather is nice, I enjoy taking them to the park with my boyfriend, and walking some laps together around the walking path. I also enjoy taking walks in our neighborhood, and sometimes throwing some running into the mix(I have been very inconsistent with running, and would like to improve!)

I have been with The Big Butt Theory since February of 2019, and have been captain for quite a few months, now. I am here if you ever need help/support-feel free to friend me if you would like! I am not super active in the newsfeed, but try to be supportive when I am over there! :) If you need to grab my attention in this page, please tag me @cmhubbard92 :)

I look forward to kicking May's butt with you all!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Give Yourself 30 Days
    "30 days from now you're either going to be BLOWN AWAY by how much you've improved in how you look, feel and perform. OR, you're going to regret not having done your best. THE CHOICE IS YOURS!"

The beginning of a new month of The Biggest Loser challenge is a great time to give yourself a new goal list that you wish to accomplish in the next 30 days! I know that our team has been struggling for the past two months-some of it we have no control over! However, there ARE things we can control over this next month to become more successful during this difficult time!

1. Give us a list of goals you wish to accomplish by the end of the May Biggest Loser challenge! These should be attainable, realistic, and not overly aggressive. Feel free to use goals such as steps, exercise, limiting certain foods, etc.
    2. Create a mini plan on how you will accomplish your goals! You do not need to share these with us, but write them down somewhere that you will remind yourself of what your goal is!
    3. Change/add one positive to your daily/weekly routine! Maybe add an extra glass of water, cut the sugar out of one cup of coffee, or replace chips with some fruit, maybe give yourself one compliment while looking at yourself in the mirror.

None of these are perfect ideas, but they're ideas to get you on the right path! :)
    ixf6epj6wyq7.jpg

Here is my example(and my goals for this month):
    Here are my goals:
    2. 9,000 steps a day, 5 days each week.
    3. Complete 2nd round of 21 Day Fix with minimal modifications.
    4. Accurately log food/drinks for the entire month. One day a week with flexibility allowed.
    5. Lose 3 pounds.
    6. Meal prep at least 2x a week

How I will accomplish my goals:
    1. Step goal: Keep moving.
    2. 21 Day Fix: Up 2.5lbs(to 7.5lb) on dumbbells, do weight exercises completely. Modify pushups/planks as needed, but try to do as much of full exercise as possible, before turning to modification.
    3. Log all foods/drinks. Weigh food when possible.
    4. Stay dedicated. The weight will come off ONLY if I eat less than I burn. I have 100% control over this!
    5. Try meal prepping on Saturday or Sundays for the week. It will make the week much easier for you.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Information on our Step/Water Challenge! This month these challenges will run Sunday(Starting April 26th,) to Saturday,(May 2nd) to remain in line with the Mini Ultimate Accountabilty Challenge, and our weigh ins!

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink!

Here is the spreadsheet

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE STEP OR WATER CHALLENGE, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE SPREADSHEET, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WEEKLY STEP GOAL.

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Goal for May
    My ultimate goal is to complete the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge 6 out of 7 days Throughout April I was starting to notice that if I don't complete the water challenge or my personal Intermittent Fasting goal then most likely I'm not staying under calories that day and not able to complete the MUAC for that day. I'll keep a closer eye on this trend throughout May...

Previous April Goal
    I'd like to finish April with a unwavering 15x in front of my number on the scale.
    I thiiiiink I am comfortable enough with saying I completed this goal, so I'll give myself a Check✔️

@cmhubbard92 Can I increase my step goal to 9500/Daily; 66,500/weekly?
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Christine, how do I go about rejoining the challenge? :blush:
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Christine, how do I go about rejoining the challenge? :blush:

Oh rats!!! I think I just missed the deadline! :disappointed:
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel hopefully it is not too late! I just requested that you be added to the team, and will need a starting weight if they say yes!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Goal for May
    My ultimate goal is to complete the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge 6 out of 7 days Throughout April I was starting to notice that if I don't complete the water challenge or my personal Intermittent Fasting goal then most likely I'm not staying under calories that day and not able to complete the MUAC for that day. I'll keep a closer eye on this trend throughout May...

Previous April Goal
    I'd like to finish April with a unwavering 15x in front of my number on the scale.
    I thiiiiink I am comfortable enough with saying I completed this goal, so I'll give myself a Check✔️

@cmhubbard92 Can I increase my step goal to 9500/Daily; 66,500/weekly?

@Krysless2 I updated it for the May challenge! :)
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Simbersea
    PW: 153.8
    CW: 152.6

I had a great March (- 9.6lbs)
    April was a plateau month (-0.8)
    So hopefully May is the start of a good month. I have 5.6 lbs to goal. I’m not sure I can make it in May but I’m going to try. 🤞🤞🤞
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92

I posted on the wrong month. Can you please put me down for 9k steps daily this month? And I’m in for water too
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    Simbersea
    PW: 153.8
    CW: 152.6

I had a great March (- 9.6lbs)
    April was a plateau month (-0.8)
    So hopefully May is the start of a good month. I have 5.6 lbs to goal. I’m not sure I can make it in May but I’m going to try. 🤞🤞🤞

@simbersea a great loss to start the month! :) I have changed your weekly step goal to 63,000 and the water goal is there! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    4/26/2020
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: no (~450 cals over)
    Exercise: Yes - 21 Day Fix (Day 21) - Yoga Fix (30 Minutes)
    Water: 90oz
    Steps: 2,685 (currently)

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✖
    21 Day Fix: ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✖
    Only 1 Snack after dinner? ✖
    Yoga? ✔

WOOHOO! 21 Day Fix complete! I will be restarting, again, tomorrow! I will add 2.5lb to both of my weights, and I'm excited to kill it again! :) I did pretty terrible on my intake, today, but I did track everything so I'm not totally bummed.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT.
    Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, May 26!
    Options
    @Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel hopefully it is not too late! I just requested that you be added to the team, and will need a starting weight if they say yes!

Thanks Christine! :smile:
    My starting weight for May is 171.2lbs
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Can you add me to the Step & Water challenges for May, please? :flowerforyou:
    My step goal will be 8,000 a day.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Can you add me to the Step & Water challenges for May, please? :flowerforyou:
    My step goal will be 8,000 a day.

Not a problem @Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel I have you added back to the challenge! :)
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Sun, April26th:
    YesDay
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: Yes,
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 70oz
    Steps: 11745
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 1 of 1days
    Water Intake: 1 of 1days
    Steps: 1 of 1days
    IntrmttntFast16:8: 1 of 1days
    MFP 5week prediction: 147.2

Notes: This Sunday was better then last Sunday as far as eating goes, so I'm off to a good start.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Sun, April26th:
    YesDay
    UnderCalories: Yes,
    Water: 70oz
    Steps: 11745
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 1 of 1days
    Water Intake: 1 of 1days
    Steps: 1 of 1days
    IntrmttntFast16:8: 1 of 1days

Notes: This Sunday was better then last Sunday as far as eating goes, so I'm off to a good start.

@Krysless2 that is an awesome Sunday!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited April 2020
    Options
    4/27/2020
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - 21 Day Fix (Day 1) - Total Body Cardio Fix (30 Minutes)
    Water: 130oz
    Steps: 12,886 (currently)

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✖
    21 Day Fix: ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✔
    Only 1 Snack after dinner? ✖
    Yoga? ✖

I jumped right back into 21 day fix. Today I did up my weights from 5lb to 7.5lb, and I only modified one exercise for the entire time. I also felt great NOT doing two workouts in a row! :)
  • Krysless2
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Mon, April27th:
    YesDay
    UnderCalories: Yes, +134
    Water: 80oz
    Steps: 10331
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 2 of 2days
    Water Intake: 2 of 2days
    Steps: 2 of 2days
    IntrmttntFast16:8: 1 of 2days; queso is the devil 😈!!
This discussion has been closed.