TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May)

Options

Replies

• Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    @Krysless2 I'd like to do the Fitbit challenges again. What's your Fitbit username? I have so many friends on there, I forget who's who! :blush:

Well that's easy! It's Krysless2 !! 😉

Ha! I looked at !y Fitbit friend list, but you weren't on it! Not to worry, I went to Christines profile and found you there. Fitbit friend request sent! :wink:
    Options
    Wed 29th April
    Tracked:
    At first, but gave up.
    Under: Probably not. Shortbread defeated me... :grimace:
    Exercise: Yes (3.5 mile walk)
    Water: 32oz
    Steps: 11,479
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    4/28/2020
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - 21 Day Fix (Day 2) - Lower Fix (30 Minutes)
    Water: 112oz
    Steps: 13,706 (currently)

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    21 Day Fix: ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✔
    Only 1 Snack after dinner? ✖
    Yoga? ✖

I have the next six days off. We originally had a small weekend away planned starting Thursday, but obviously that is now cancelled. With how hectic things have been, I decided to keep my time off as it was (Thurs-Mon)... Today I had an overwhelming day of people getting WAY too close to me... literally continuing to step in my bubble to ask a question, me having to reach my arm out and tell them to stop coming closer(after continuously backing up away from them)... so I told my boss I am taking a personal day tomorrow... my anxiety was through the roof! He was fine with it, after taking 3 weeks away from the madness as well. I know people won't be acting better when I go back, but after weeks of this madness, I needed to get peace of mind!

I will get back on here in the morning to read through the last page of posts!

@cmhubbard92
    I hope you will be able to enjoy your time off. I am sorry you had to cancel your planned get -away. But sometimes being at home away from work and the world can be nice too.

@brandi_84 thank you so much! I'm grateful just to get away from the craziness for a few days. We are hoping the weather cooperates either today or tomorrow, and we can get the puppies down to the walking path at the park. Fortunately, it is the only thing allowed to remain open at the park!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    4/29/2020
    Exercise: Yes - 21 Day Fix (Day 3) - Upper Fix (30 Minutes)
    Water: 120oz
    Steps: 10,703 (currently)

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✖
    Only 1 Snack after dinner? ✔
    Yoga? ✖

I drove an hour to my moms house yesterday to mow her lawn. It was really crummy not really being able to hang out with her. We sat far apart for a while and talked, but it wasn't the same... kind of a bummer!

I made dinner in the instantpot yesterday... I threw some pork ribs with some barbecue, soy and Worcestershire sauce in the bottom of the pot, added 2c. Rice, 2c. Water, a can of mixed vegetables and a can of mushrooms. Turned it on meat/stew on medium for 15 minutes, then let it naturally release for 10 minutes. I am not a big rice fan, but absolutely loved this! It was the perfect combo, and I can see this working with so many other meats! I may try my quinoa in it next time, too!

I also made a yellow cake with vanilla icing... it looked absolutely horrible, but did taste fairly good.
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Richmondwriter MUAC for 4/29/20:
    Under: No (but only over by 13 calories)
    Exercised: Yes

I will try to knock off some extra calories today.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Richmondwriter MUAC for 4/29/20:
    Under: No (but only over by 13 calories)
    Exercised: Yes

I will try to knock off some extra calories today.

@richmondwriter
    Over by 13 calories is not bad at all.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    4/29/2020

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✖
    Yoga? ✖

I drove an hour to my moms house yesterday to mow her lawn. It was really crummy not really being able to hang out with her. We sat far apart for a while and talked, but it wasn't the same... kind of a bummer!

I made dinner in the instantpot yesterday... I threw some pork ribs with some barbecue, soy and Worcestershire sauce in the bottom of the pot, added 2c. Rice, 2c. Water, a can of mixed vegetables and a can of mushrooms. Turned it on meat/stew on medium for 15 minutes, then let it naturally release for 10 minutes. I am not a big rice fan, but absolutely loved this! It was the perfect combo, and I can see this working with so many other meats! I may try my quinoa in it next time, too!

I also made a yellow cake with vanilla icing... it looked absolutely horrible, but did taste fairly good.

@cmhubbard92
    I'm sure your mom appreciated your coming over and mowing the yard and happy to at least see you even if it wasn't the same.

The meal really sounds good. Minus the mushrooms. I should use my instapot more. But some of the meals I have made in it are so good I get carried away with the portions.

I made stuffed peppers last night. While my daughter loves peppers, rice, and ground beef , she didn't like the stuffed peppers. I loved it. I was thinking about trying it again with quinoa.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Tues, April28th:
    YesDay
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: Yes, +246
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 65oz
    Steps: 8886
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 3 of 3days
    Water Intake: 3 of 3days
    Steps: 2 of 3days
    IntrmttntFast16:8: 2 of 3days
    MFP 5week prediction: 145.1

@Krysless2
    It looks like a fantastic start to the week! Keep it up.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    4/29/2020

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✖
    Yoga? ✖

@cmhubbard92
    I'm sure your mom appreciated your coming over and mowing the yard and happy to at least see you even if it wasn't the same.

The meal really sounds good. Minus the mushrooms. I should use my instapot more. But some of the meals I have made in it are so good I get carried away with the portions.

I made stuffed peppers last night. While my daughter loves peppers, rice, and ground beef , she didn't like the stuffed peppers. I loved it. I was thinking about trying it again with quinoa.

@brandi_84 Thank you, we were happy to see each other.

For some reason, we have been using mushrooms in a lot of food. I have not been a major fan of mushrooms in the past, but my boyfriend has been insisting on putting them in almost everything lately... And I'm starting to like them a lot more! I can totally relate to the portions problem! I made myself a plate last night, and resisted going back and having seconds!

I love stuffed peppers! I bet quinoa would be really good in it! I have a problem with cooking it to the right consistency... One thing I really want to have success with in the instantpot, is homemade mac and cheese! I love my baked macaroni, but think that the instant pot will make it come out much softer and gooier :)

If you're interested, one of my coworkers shared a site for instantpot recipes! Six Sisters There are crafts and other things to check out on there!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Wed 29th April
    Tracked:
    At first, but gave up.
    Under: Probably not. Shortbread defeated me... :grimace:
    Exercise: Yes (3.5 mile walk)
    Water: 32oz
    Steps: 11,479

@slinky_BraveHeartBunsofsteel
    3.5 mile walk is very impressive! My legs burn at a mile.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    4/29/2020

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✖
    Yoga? ✖

@cmhubbard92

@brandi_84 Thank you, we were happy to see each other.

For some reason, we have been using mushrooms in a lot of food. I have not been a major fan of mushrooms in the past, but my boyfriend has been insisting on putting them in almost everything lately... And I'm starting to like them a lot more! I can totally relate to the portions problem! I made myself a plate last night, and resisted going back and having seconds!

I love stuffed peppers! I bet quinoa would be really good in it! I have a problem with cooking it to the right consistency... One thing I really want to have success with in the instantpot, is homemade mac and cheese! I love my baked macaroni, but think that the instant pot will make it come out much softer and gooier :)

If you're interested, one of my coworkers shared a site for instantpot recipes! Six Sisters There are crafts and other things to check out on there!

I will check that site out. Thanks!
    Mmm..mac and cheese sounds delish. Mine comes out hard on the edges when I bake it. So be sure to let us know when you try it in the instapot and how it turns out.

My daughter loves mushrooms. I have not allowed them in the house, so when we go out to eat she orders a meal with mushrooms in it. She showed me some recipes she wanted to cook that calls for them and the pictures look good.I told her if she cooked it I would give it a try.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 I'd like to do the Fitbit challenges again. What's your Fitbit username? I have so many friends on there, I forget who's who! :blush:

Did someone say Fitbit challenge?? :-)
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

That's right girl! You ready to be brought-in!!?
  • jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow, I don't post for a few days and I feel WAY behind!

So obviously we have rolled over to May, but a quick catch up for me... I think like a lot of us April was difficult and I, for one, was just happy to have not put on a few pounds. I have been super motivated this last week of April though, so happy to report my mini challenges for the last couple of days...

I posted Monday, right before the other one closed so I will start with Tuesday.

4/28
    Tracking - Yes
    Within calories - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 15,099

4/29
    Tracking - Yes
    Within calories - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 13,427

It was very rainy here this morning so our neighborhood workout was thwarted, but I am happy to say I did something I never do... I went for a run in the middle of the day. It was warm but it felt great. Added bonus, it got me up from my desk for a while and out into the Florida sunshine.

My weigh in day is Friday, but I guess I should say that my May starting weight is 130.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Thurs, April30th:
    YesDay
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: Yes
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 80oz
    Steps: 10457
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 5 of 5days
    Water Intake: 5 of 5days
    Steps: 3 of 5days
    IntrmttntFast16:8: 2 of 5days
    MFP 5week prediction: 148.1
    Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel Posts: 10,891 Member
    Options
    Thur 30th April
    Tracked:
    No
    Under: Doubt it.
    Exercise: Yes (31 minutes elliptical)
    Water: 56oz (better!)
    Steps: 5,577

I woke up with a sore head. I did 31 minutes elliptical, hoping to do more later. My headache got progressively worse throughout the day and I ended up lying on my bed watching Netflix at 4pm till bedtime. The head feels ok today, so I should be good to workout today.. I hope! :smile:
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    Richmondwriter MUAC for 4/30/20:
    Exercised: No; rain prevented my usual walk. I need to find a backup indoor plan for workout.
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    jmalderman wrote: »

So obviously we have rolled over to May, but a quick catch up for me... I think like a lot of us April was difficult and I, for one, was just happy to have not put on a few pounds. I have been super motivated this last week of April though, so happy to report my mini challenges for the last couple of days...

I posted Monday, right before the other one closed so I will start with Tuesday.

4/28
    Tracking - Yes
    Within calories - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 15,099

4/29
    Tracking - Yes
    Within calories - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 13,427

It was very rainy here this morning so our neighborhood workout was thwarted, but I am happy to say I did something I never do... I went for a run in the middle of the day. It was warm but it felt great. Added bonus, it got me up from my desk for a while and out into the Florida sunshine.

My weigh in day is Friday, but I guess I should say that my May starting weight is 130.
    jmalderman wrote: »

4/28
    Tracking - Yes
    Within calories - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 15,099

4/29
    Tracking - Yes
    Within calories - Yes
    Exercise - Yes
    Steps - 13,427

Great job in coming up with an alternative exercise plan--and a nice one as it turned out!
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    4/29/2020

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✖
    Yoga? ✖

That is so sweet of you to cut your Mom's lawn--you sound like a wonderful daughter! I'm sure she enjoyed the time with you nonetheless.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options

That's right girl! You ready to be brought-in!!?

@Krysless2 yes please! What do you need to find me? I believe my Fitbit name is Susan B and I live in MD. I can never find people when I search for them. :-/
This discussion has been closed.