Move More May 2020

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
Well, here we still are with our movements ultimately limited by this cornonavirus. Some of us are slowly opening back up, but many are still having trouble getting all of the on-plan food they need and are still penned in more than is ideal.

So this month we'll again focus on something we can control, our response to all this madness.
We'll keep trying to do better. Try to get that physical activity in using dancing, exercise videos, or just getting things done around the house. You can do your activity all at one lump or small bursts throughout the day.

Some of us want to make a "More" goal. Got the activity down but feel like you can still improve? Choose something to do more of.

Of course, as always, my challenges are open to interpretation, and if you feel like your activity is fine and you have other goals, feel free to post and tackle them here. Sure there's a theme, but if you just need to focus on the Basics, please join us nonetheless!

This starts Friday, but you can go ahead and post in the thread to get notifications. :smile:

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thx for the May thread @baconslave!

For the month of May, I will like to also add another goal. To not stress. Or to stress less.
    This staying at home, work, family, fiancee and his daughter (16 soon to be 17) is becoming a stress factor. Constant cleaning, cooking and not being able to get away is getting to me.
    So I need to find a way to stress less. With weather becoming warmer, I should be able to escape a little more... I know I'm not the only one feeling like this. Hugs to everyone!!

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times)
    2. Eat low carb
    3. Limit drinks to weekends
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily
    5. Stress Less!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    May Daily Plan

1. Beast - starts in phase 2 (maintenance) and then switches over to phase 3 (cut) near the end of the month - do all the workouts, follow the food plan.
    2. Stretch - 3x a week, Tues/Thurs/Sat
    3. Cardio - every day minimum 30 min.
  • yummycherrychocolate
    Options
    May Daily Plan:

1. FITNESS FIRST - wake up, do workout *first*. I always wait and hesitate and then completely put it off.
    2. KETO - keep success in keto macro and calorie plan. april was a huge win following 70% fat 20% protein 10% carbs, keep consistent and it becoming involuntary and easy at the end of the month.
    3. INTERMITTENT FASTING - follow 20:4 fasting cycle each day eating all calories from 12-4pm
    4. APPLE WATCH ACTIVITY - complete daily moderate intensity ring each day
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    1. Activity - I have become lazy while working from home (not just the last few works but way longer than that), so exercise every day - aim for more than 5000 steps per day.
    2. Stay on track with diet, record everything that I eat and continue with low carb eating
    3. Get up from the desk every hour instead of sitting here for hours at a time.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Hi, Keto noob here. Started this woe on Sunday (4/26) and have already found this group to be super helpful.

May goals:
    1. Increase the length of time for my jump rope workouts, continue increasing weight during my weight lifting workouts.
    2. Continue learning about Keto and tracking food to make sure I’m on track

• baconslave
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Here we go now!

Goals:
    1. Stop sitting so much! I know that being a homebound homeschooler (13 year homeschooling veteran) means I'm stuck supervising 4 kids' education, 2 of which are younger and require me staying in their face so they'll accomplish anything. But I need to do MORE NEAT. I've slacked off the past couple weeks.
    2. Make a weekend workout a routine thing instead of occasional when I feel super guilty or get a random nice day to go out.
    3. Get more steps.
    4. Not go insane. :mrgreen:
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Goals for Move More May, I will be furloughed and starting my stay at home all the time journey. It may not be easy but this group accountability and support will help so thank you all in advance.

1. >15,000 steps per day
    2. Close the Fitbit rings
    3. Continue low carb and low calorie goal
    4. Run 3X week and body weight exercises 5X week
    5. Be mindful of stressing less
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My goals will be similar to April.
    1. Keep closing the rings on my watch and increase those goals weekly. Fit in small bouts of movement/NEAT outside of exercise.
    2. Focus more on calorie intake to go from maintenance to loss.
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/1:
    A healthy yard hike for over an hour. 12k steps for the day.
  • taylok23
    Options
    5/1-5/2:
    Have closed the rings both days with 17k and 15k steps. I wasn’t as busy today with the nice weather so I took in the sun and did some reading. Eating both days has been fine- trying to cut back on portions and ignoring the draw of sugar. Gotten 16 hour fasts or more in both days too. Overall, a good start to the month.
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/2:
    Yard hike on a glorious day. 11k steps.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/2 and 5/3:
    Had a good weekend - logged all my food and stayed active all weekend. No purposeful exercise, but we painted the front of the house and replaced the front door so lots of up/down on ladders and the mini-scaffold. Logged 7800 steps on Saturday and 7600 steps on Sunday. Didn't eat enough on Saturday, ate a little more on Sunday, but I figure that will even out in the long run.
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/3:
    5tfutq6omsrv.jpg
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    5/1~5/3 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times)
    2. Eat low carb
    3. Limit drinks to weekends
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily
    5. Stress Less!!

5/1 was the only day I came short on closing the 3 rings by 40 cal. Did so much outside activities over the weekend. It was AMAZING! We're down 20 degrees again (43 high)and no 60 degrees in sight for the next couple of weeks... But the garden is prepped and veggies in. SO hopefully they do it's thing and start to feed us.

• taylok23
    Options
    5/3:
    Like @baconslave, I was feeling slothy yesterday so I took a break from exercise and didn’t close my move ring. Still managed about 13k steps but broke a 42 day record 😟

Food was okay for the day but a bit higher in carbs than normal as we got carry out for lunch. I cut back on portions at dinner but was a bit over on calories. Today is planned and on track!
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Progress for May 1 -4.

1. > 15,000 all but one day. Yesterday got 21,547 with push mowing and weed eating.
    2. Closed the rings all days.
    3. Success for low carb and low calorie all days, did go some higher yesterday but did have a lot of calorie burn too.
    4. I have run/ walked the last 3 days in a row. Today was an especially good run with able to go longer running before needing to walk a bit. Rain in the forecast for the next 3 days so thought I'd better get out there when I can.
    5. Working on being less stressed.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    5/4
    1-beast back and shoulders done (because I skipped weights Sun and needed to double up)
    2-n/a
    3- cardio - 30 min of "stairs" on the step ladder (2x15)
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/4:
    Yard hike. 12k steps.

Today will be tricky. It's strength day which means steps will be low AND it's rainy/sleepy today. Must get over 5k.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    5/4 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times) ✔
    2. Eat low carb ✔
    3. Limit drinks to weekends ✔
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily ✔
    5. Stress Less!! XXX

Stressing bad. Fiancee's kid related. Can't control this frustration and it's eating me up.

• ccrdragon
    Options
    5/4:
    1. Did not get 5k steps but did move more during the day (got up and at least stretched every hour of work except 1)
    2. Stayed under calories for the day
    3. Stayed low-carb (< 50 net carbs for the day)