Move More May 2020

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    5/12:
    An hour of strength training using 10lb for the small muscle work and 17.5 for the heavier lifts. Slowly slowly building it up so I can move past the place I keep getting stuck.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I did some sprints and squats otherwise it was a lazy day.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    5/13
    Food -> on point, within calories and low carb
    Exercise -> rest day
    Moving -> 2700 steps, moved 6 out of 9 hours
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/13:
    1hr 20min ish of various Leslie Sansone walks. 12k steps
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    5/13 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times) ✔
    2. Eat low carb- went for a 100 min hike! I kept it under 100g.
    3. Limit drinks to weekends- I had 1 drink. Vodka soda. Enjoyed it.
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily ✔
    5. Stress Less!! ✔

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    5/13:
    I closed my rings and clocked 18k steps on a strength day so not too shabby there. I didn’t eat the best by having some sweets then overate protein at dinner. I just wanted all the food. Oh well, keep on keeping on.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/14
    Food -> had a 'not hungry' day yesterday... ate well but was under on calories (oh well), net carbs were 40 (just had to have that banana :wink: ).
    Exercise -> did yard work yesterday - tree trimming - after work since we are supposed to have a rainy weekend the week.
    Movement -> still doing doc, so only moved 5 of 8 hours during work. Did get over 3000 steps for the day tho.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in for 5/13 and 5/14

Almost made it to 15,000 steps on 5/14 but wasn't even close on 5/13.
    Didn't get those rings closed either day.
    Well under calories and low carb both days.
    Using my new resistance bands very carefully and getting a good arm workout every day.
    Pretty good low stress days.
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/14:
    Ugh. Nothing went right. By the time I finally had time to exercise I was too tired to do strength, so I went out to walk. Then a raccoon came up on the deck and started to eat the cat's food and then it started raining on me. And after all that I got pissed and just read the ebook that is due tomorrow beside hubby while he gamed and the kids messed around downstairs. Only 8k steps for the day. Hopefully things will workout better today.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    5/14 Check in:

2. Eat low carb- ✔
    3. Limit drinks to weekends- ✔
    5. Stress Less!! ✔

I knew it was going to rain during lunch so I went for a run in the morning. It felt good, kept me in a good mood. I wanted to go to another long walk/hike after work but it was raining and turned thundering so I stayed home and did back workouts. I'm sore today.
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'mma gonna join this party.. even if I'm already half way through the month...

Did a walk last night, and even though I didn't quite hit my 11K step goal, I got up to 9,358 when all I wanted to do was sit on the couch. The walk helped stimulate me, so instead of sitting on the couch after, I did dishes, watered the lawn, pulled some weeds and put away a basket of laundry that had been languishing for a week in my bedroom.

This morning? 5:30 am swim. 1/2 an hour (ish) 6 laps. I really should figure out the length of the pool and start tracking my meters...
  • taylok23
    Options
    5/14:
    I ended up with just over 22k steps and closure of all rings. The weather is starting to turn in OH so I was able to get outside a bit. On the food side, I didn’t have a great day but it wasn’t awful either. I don’t normally eat breakfast, opting to ordinarily fast for 16 hours. I started the morning with a small omelet and some bacon. I wasn’t hungry at lunch but snacked a bit in the afternoon. By dinner I was starved and ate more than needed but stuck with my normal carnivore. Consequently I passed out by 8 on the couch. I want to experiment with smaller meals more frequently and see if that helps.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/15:
    Food was good, low carb (less than 50 grams)
    Movement- moved all 8 hours of the day
    Exercize - 75 squats, 75 push-ups and lots of yard work... had to beat the rain!
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/16:
    sloth. Not the slothiest slothness, but sloth nonetheless. I'll try to be better today. Everything just conspired against me yesterday.
  • taylok23
    Options
    5/15-517:
    I closed all rings on Friday with nearly 19k steps however I underate during the day then pizza happened. I decided to take in the outdoors with the nice weekend. While I closed the exercise and stand rings both days, I didn’t make my movement goals but still clocked 15k and 10k steps respectively. Yesterday equaled ice cream but everything else was on plan. Today I got back to carnivore and behaved myself. Weekdays seem to be better for me assuming stress is low. Fingers crossed for the upcoming week.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/16:
    Saturday was a total washout - 5 inches of rain between Friday night and Sunday morning - still managed to get 5800 steps for the day. Food was good -> under calories and under carbs.

5/17:
    Sunday was better weather, sun came out so we could clean up the yard after the rain. Got 5900 steps doing yard work and cleaning up from trimming trees on Thursday and Friday. Food was good - under calories and under carbs for the day.

Weighed myself this morning and I am now down 12 lbs in the last month (April 19 till now).
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/17:
    yard hike. 11.5k steps for the day. Lovely day out there.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Gardening all weekend, weather was perfect. Rain today so getting some strength in during work breaks.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    5/15-17 Check in:

2. Eat low carb- ✔
    3. Limit drinks to weekends- ✔
    5. Stress Less!! ✔

5/15 XXXXX
    5/16 ✔✔ Drinks, cuz it's wkend. ✔✔
    5/17 ✔✔ Drinks, cuz it's wkend. Shy of 5 cals?! Well, I worked out a lot, so who cares. ✔

Had a decent weekend. Weather was okay. It rained a lot but stopped here and there so I was able to get out and do stuff. Hiked the trails, walked the metro parks, visited friends... it was a nice weekend. Really needed it.
    Now back to Monday and it's gloomy out again. But hope to get some steps later after work.
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/18:
    Leslie's 5 Mega Miles vid. 12k steps for the day.