Move More May 2020

Options

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    5/4:
    Closed the rings and got 19k steps in with jumping on the treadmill for short bursts between meetings. Food was good as well but I snacked a bit after dinner so am working on that today.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    5/4:
    1. moved all but one hour for the work day (was stuck in a conference call)
    2. calories controlled and all food logged
    3. stayed low-carb for the day - less than 50 grams of carbs net

Today I intend to add deliberate exercise every other hour during the day - squats, push-ups, etc.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    5/5
    1 - rest day n/a
    2 - was supposed to stretch, did not, watched an episode of The Musketeers and Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon instead
    3 - done, did 2/15min sessions on the "stairs" and tank top arms/boy short bottom at lunch time which was about 40 min with the warm up and cool down
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    5/5 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times) ✔
    2. Eat low carb ✔
    3. Limit drinks to weekends ✔
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily X
    5. Stress Less!! ✔

I didn't close the Move ring yesterday. I was 58cals short :/
    Need to make it up today! New day, new start!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    5/5:
    An hour of strength training. Not as many steps as I would like but time wasn't on my side yesterday. So, improvement needed but not horrible sloth.
  • taylok23
    Options
    5/5:
    No cinco de Mayo celebration for me yesterday even though a margarita would have been fun. I will call the 5th a victory day. I crushed my rings and had nearly 24k steps. Eating/calories/macros were all good. Can I do that every day? Likely not but it felt good nonetheless.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm just back from a staycation. Not mentally up to making specific goals but I know that this theme is what I need. I started working (hard) in my yard on Sunday to make up for the lack of fall cleanup. I'm doing 1-2 hours a day so far and will continue each day as long as it doesn't rain.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    5/6
    1 - done (chest)
    2 - n/a
    3 - done (stairs& walking)
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/6:
    1. moved every hour
    2. food logged
    3. stayed low-carb (50 net carbs)
    4. exercise - 75 push-ups, 60 squats, 1 minute plank
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow Taylor's, 24,000 steps is amazing. Good for you! Crushing it for move more May.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Tishsmith, don't consider yourself late to the party. Sounds like you have opportunities with yard work. Now that I'm on a 3 month staycation I'm thankful for having a 3/10 of an acre yard with flower gardens all the way around the perimeter as well as all the way around the house. Let's keep a positive attitude together. This I struggle with :)
  • baconslave
    edited May 2020
    Options
    5/6:
    11k steps. 5 Mile Boosted Walk (Leslie Sansone).
    Alas, Le Grand Saboteur got pizza. Enough for lunch and dinner for all of us. And having had to go out in the mess for a child's vision appt, wearing a mask, dealing with ridiculous traffic (hair salons and tatoo places reopened yesterday in TN), fighting with an ATM, the bank lobby to deal wit a fubarred debit card where I got looked at like a tinfoil lunatic for wearing a mask to protect others (Lawd! :unamused: ), torrential rains, flash flooding, and then a dump truck dropping off a load further delaying me getting home with a starving 9-year-old in tow...well a lot of pizza happened. Well, head up and moving on.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for 5/5 and 5/6.
    1. Not quite goal for 15,000 steps on 5/5 but made up for it on 5/6 with > 18,000.
    2. Closed step rings both days though.
    3. Low carb and low calories both days. Actually having some challenge eating enough.
    4. 4 days of run/walking so far. I seem to be increasing cardio capacity. Yesterday was so successful that I ran up hill. I've got hope for being able to run an entire mile without stopping. I've been ignoring the body weight exercises though.
    5. Working on the stress, today is the National day of prayer so that's what I'm focusing on.

Keep up the good work everyone during this crazy times.
  • taylok23
    Options
    5/6:
    Yesterday was another good day so I feel like I’m on a roll! Just over 21k steps and all rings closed on my watch so the move more is working. Next week may slow down a bit as I intended to switch my exercise focus to weight training so we’ll see how I get creative. Food wise I was over on calories but macros were good and by focusing on carnivore primarily, my sugar cravings are decreasing. I did make an emergency batch of keto brownies to have on hand just in case.
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    I'm liking the effort I see everyone capturing. That plus sunshine helps my outlook tremendously.
    Dealt with a work computer issue yesterday afternoon and didn't get outside but I will today. Chilly but very sunny and that's exactly what I like when working in the yard. I have lots of vines to get rid of and those use all my muscles LOL.
    I started intermittent fasting Tuesday, so far it seems like something I can commit to weekdays.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    5/6 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times) ✔
    2. Eat low carb ✔
    3. Limit drinks to weekends ✔
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily ✔
    5. Stress Less!! ✔

Did great yesterday. 6 mini workouts! Slept great too.
    Today, still have to make up moving and standing. Too much work today and I sat the entire day. urgh
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/7:
    1. moved 6 out 8 hours across the day (working from home and lots of time on the phone presents its challenges)
    2. stayed under calories for the day
    3. stayed low carb <50 carbs net for the day
    4. exercise = 140 body weight squats spread across the day
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/7:
    Was supposed to be a strength day, but it was sunny, if cold, so I switched my days and did a yard hike. 12k steps for the day.
    BTW I call it a yard hike as my yard is big and hilly and my Fitbit counts it as about 44 flights of stairs. :mrgreen:

So as the rains come today, I'll do strength.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in 5/7

-almost made it to goal steps
    -missed 2 hours of steps so didn't close that ring
    -did get low carb and low calorie
    -did body weight exercises in the form of weeding a portion of an overgrown flower garden. Does that count?
    -walked over to a friend's house and had a good chat, good for the soul and stress level

Wow, already a week into May. This month might go fast after all.
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    vkrenz gardening always counts :smile:
    I got in another hour yesterday. Will do another today as long as it's dry, tomorrow snow :o