• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/21 steps 10319
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    My weight was kind of fluctuating this week and I was afraid I’d break my losing streak but I pulled it together the last few days and really stuck to some great eating choices. Now I think I’d like to be able to get into a maintenance mode. I looked at some “ideal” weight charts yesterday just out of curiosity and I think my BMI is at 27 which is considered overweight for my height. That’s why I know those charts don’t make sense. I’m actually built like my father was - very muscular. Those charts strictly look at height and weight. @1theresamcvean I can relate to what you said. My mother made comments about my body when I was pregnant with my first son and I was wearing shorts. She asked how I had the guts to wear shorts with “the way I looked “. I weighed less than 120, but it was a mean thing to say in any case!

Anyways, we finally have some good weather here for this weekend so I have plans to go for a socially distant walk with a couple friends who live on a lake on Sunday. It will be hard not to run up and hug them, but we all plan on behaving ourselves.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Congratulations "losers"! Lot's of success this week. And for those that are struggling keep on going. It takes lots of tweaking.
    @Cafelelia thank you so much for the Italian saying. I wish I could hear you say it in person. LOL. I am expecting a phone call to let me know one way or the other within the next few hours. Oh boy.

Daily check in Thursday:
    Water-perfect 64 oz plus
    Food-perfect!
    exercise-Day 2 of C25K, yoga, weights and abs
    Sleep-perfect!
    Vitamins Yes

My workout is only a 6 minute yoga today. I started wearing my fitbit again this week. My goal today is 10K steps.

I will let you all know as soon as I hear an answer.

I am trying to relax and stay calm. Going back to the basics of self nurturing has felt so rewarding.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Sleepymom5
    Friday
    PW - 203
    CW - 202.5

Daily check in Thursday:
    Water-80 oz
    Food-on plan
    exercise-30 min walk, PT, stretching and strength

Not a big loss but I am happy with it. I actually was up quite a bit more after the weekend and it came off very slowly. I had a good week and plan to keep it going. This week I will be focusing on portion control and the hunger scale. So far today is going well, we went for our walk already, we even got caught in the rain that we were trying to avoid. Hope everyone has a great day! TGIF!

@JillyBT How scary for all of you. I also know how real the delusions are for you Mother too. I am glad that you were able to get a new medication that seems to be working. It is terrible that insurance won't pay for it. Just try to take one day at a time. I know you don't know what is going to come your way but maybe just concentrating on one day will get you through. Also through that crazy week, you didn't gain, so that is good. Hugs!
    @pacsnc6 That is what I am taking so I guess symptoms can develop at any time. Glad that you were able to go off it with no difficulties.
    @Mrsbell8well. Great day yesterday! Good luck with everything! Exciting times!
    @lennoncpa I am glad you aren't near the dam. How scary for your friend!
    @1theresamcvean You had a great week last week and you still lost this week so that is awesome! That virus just wipes you out. I am glad you are listening to your body and getting rest. You will slowly build back to where you were before. What you say about the BMI charts are so true. Even with that, I so want to be out of the obese category and into just over weight Lol! I don't know why that is so important to me with all I know. I guess weight was always important to your Mother if she still says things to this day. I do think it was different back when they were raised. Did you ever see that article from the 1960s about how women should be sure the house is straightened up and the kids and wife should look clean for when the husband comes home from work? Priorities were a lot different back then.
    @Cafeleia Nice loss! As you know, May was my month for getting on track too. I think we are doing pretty awesome Lol!
    @nstephenson01 Yum! They sound worth the going off track. Lol! Sounds like you made up for it the next day although you didn't mention what the delicious dinner was going to be. :)
    @bburrer30 Nice loss! For not having the best week, you must have done something right! Keep it going!
    @brown6267 Another great day of steps!
    @lennoncpa You have been doing great! So what are your plans for maintenance? I hope you would stay here and check in once in a while :) Sunday sounds like it will be such a nice day! Enjoy being outside with your friends.
    @lenka1 Whoo hoo! Nice loss! Seems like you hit your stride this week.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,464 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    yxcr7qjpov6k.jpeg

Weekends don't seem to be as exciting as usual these days. Try to find a way to make them a little special. Maybe take a break from working if possible, plan something fun to do or just relax. Enjoy! :)
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    ljdanny
    week 3
    thursday
    pw 189
    cw 191
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@Mrsbell8well - wow, sounds like it's all go for you at the moment. I do think when everything seems to align just right then it is a sign and hopefully it will be a big improvement for you all x

@sleepymom5 - I'm very familiar with feeling like 'if only I was where I used to be' but we can only go forwards. I think you've amazing considering all the stress you've had the last few months, and sounds like you're totally back on track now so am sure the scales will be showing it in no time

@1theresamcvean - congrats on the loss! I've also tried to be a lot more aware of mindful eating, it's surprised me how often I would go to eat when I wasn't really hungry, just bored or out of habit, or a certain craving.

@Cafelelia - your bread looks yummy! So many talented bakers in this group

Lovely to see so many losses this week. I think we're maybe getting into new routines? Well done to all anyway xx

I have to agree the BMI scale is frustrating. The thing is it was never meant to be used for individuals, it was originally to measure huge groups, like whether the population of a country was overweight, and it probably gave a fairly general average for that purpose. I find it frustrating that now so many medical professionals seem to use it as a 'go to'. I think it's so much more about where you feel healthy and comfortable at.

Week is going ok, sticking to the stricter plan and seems to be paying off so far. A few friends have all got together and we're digging out old photos and scanning to share with each online - it's giving me a giggle if nothing else. It's also a bit eye-opening to think that I thought I was really overweight at the time and I would love to be back at that weight now.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    Sleepymom5
    Friday
    PW - 203
    CW - 202.5

Daily check in Thursday:
    Water-80 oz
    Food-on plan
    exercise-30 min walk, PT, stretching and strength

Not a big loss but I am happy with it. I actually was up quite a bit more after the weekend and it came off very slowly. I had a good week and plan to keep it going. This week I will be focusing on portion control and the hunger scale. So far today is going well, we went for our walk already, we even got caught in the rain that we were trying to avoid. Hope everyone has a great day! TGIF!

@JillyBT How scary for all of you. I also know how real the delusions are for you Mother too. I am glad that you were able to get a new medication that seems to be working. It is terrible that insurance won't pay for it. Just try to take one day at a time. I know you don't know what is going to come your way but maybe just concentrating on one day will get you through. Also through that crazy week, you didn't gain, so that is good. Hugs!
    @pacsnc6 That is what I am taking so I guess symptoms can develop at any time. Glad that you were able to go off it with no difficulties.
    @Mrsbell8well. Great day yesterday! Good luck with everything! Exciting times!
    @lennoncpa I am glad you aren't near the dam. How scary for your friend!
    @1theresamcvean You had a great week last week and you still lost this week so that is awesome! That virus just wipes you out. I am glad you are listening to your body and getting rest. You will slowly build back to where you were before. What you say about the BMI charts are so true. Even with that, I so want to be out of the obese category and into just over weight Lol! I don't know why that is so important to me with all I know. I guess weight was always important to your Mother if she still says things to this day. I do think it was different back when they were raised. Did you ever see that article from the 1960s about how women should be sure the house is straightened up and the kids and wife should look clean for when the husband comes home from work? Priorities were a lot different back then.
    @Cafeleia Nice loss! As you know, May was my month for getting on track too. I think we are doing pretty awesome Lol!
    @nstephenson01 Yum! They sound worth the going off track. Lol! Sounds like you made up for it the next day although you didn't mention what the delicious dinner was going to be. :)
    @bburrer30 Nice loss! For not having the best week, you must have done something right! Keep it going!
    @brown6267 Another great day of steps!
    @lennoncpa You have been doing great! So what are your plans for maintenance? I hope you would stay here and check in once in a while :) Sunday sounds like it will be such a nice day! Enjoy being outside with your friends.
    @lenka1 Whoo hoo! Nice loss! Seems like you hit your stride this week.

Pam, I have seen that! Perhaps one of my mother's influences is that her mother was Mrs. Cleaver. That is actually my mother's maiden name. I remember my grandmother putting on lipstick before she answered the door. I still put lipstick on before going out. These days it gets on the inside of my mask. It's a hard habit to break.
    t9nt55rwnhc9.png
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    I did something fun this morning, instead just teen school wrangling:
    7t08fo24pu6w.jpeg

Lisa, If I bike over from my house, do you think I'll burn the calories for a piece of your beautiful bread?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean oh my gosh I love that article. My daughter and her boyfriend live together and are having some ups and downs. I just read this article to her to give her some advice lol! Gosh I have most of this nailed!!! Never occurred to me to remove Molly's shoes for her at the end of a long day haha.
    @Cafelelia Holy cow! That bread is a true work of art! I am a baker and understand how perfect your loaf is! Wow. Was it delicious?

Well still no word from NC so we cancelled our trip this weekend. We are pausing till we hear a definite yes. Once we do, then we will head back there and hopefully purchase a home the same weekend. Not going to deny that I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Molly just made me a Tom Collins. Can you all believe its the memorial weekend? Doesn't that mean summertime??? Wow.

So I have had another really good day. I have made sure to get lots of sleep last night, did my yoga and a meditation, I am at 9K steps and very confident I will hit 10K, I made homemade granola this morning and have enjoyed very wholesome nutritious meals all day. Here is the thing...I am so amazed at how time consuming it is to nurture ones self. Geez it takes a big effort. Actually when I lost 60 pounds I was very very focused on me and my needs. I always took the time to make sure I was on target with sleep, exercise and food. Now that I am refocused it surprises me at how time consuming it is. I feel like a jack in the box getting up from my computer every hour for 10 minutes and doing big figure 8's around the house to get my steps in.
    But over all, there is a lot of self love going on, and I feel it. It's really sweet to love myself so much. It makes me feel valued and special.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @1theresamcvean oh my gosh I love that article. My daughter and her boyfriend live together and are having some ups and downs. I just read this article to her to give her some advice lol! Gosh I have most of this nailed!!! Never occurred to me to remove Molly's shoes for her at the end of a long day haha.
    @Cafelelia Holy cow! That bread is a true work of art! I am a baker and understand how perfect your loaf is! Wow. Was it delicious?

Well still no word from NC so we cancelled our trip this weekend. We are pausing till we hear a definite yes. Once we do, then we will head back there and hopefully purchase a home the same weekend. Not going to deny that I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Molly just made me a Tom Collins. Can you all believe its the memorial weekend? Doesn't that mean summertime??? Wow.

So I have had another really good day. I have made sure to get lots of sleep last night, did my yoga and a meditation, I am at 9K steps and very confident I will hit 10K, I made homemade granola this morning and have enjoyed very wholesome nutritious meals all day. Here is the thing...I am so amazed at how time consuming it is to nurture ones self. Geez it takes a big effort. Actually when I lost 60 pounds I was very very focused on me and my needs. I always took the time to make sure I was on target with sleep, exercise and food. Now that I am refocused it surprises me at how time consuming it is. I feel like a jack in the box getting up from my computer every hour for 10 minutes and doing big figure 8's around the house to get my steps in.
    But over all, there is a lot of self love going on, and I feel it. It's really sweet to love myself so much. It makes me feel valued and special.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

Ahh, Angelina, sei cosi divertente!
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    @GingerPwr Happy anniversary and enjoy your dinner!

@Mrsbell8well you’re right it is very time consuming to focus on yourself and your goals.
    But it’s necessary!! For mental and physical strength - to find time just for yourself every single day

This discussion has been closed.