WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I just did my first Leslie Sansone walk at home video (2 miles) - I have been meaning to try them for a while, and finally did it! Were you there with me, @evangsimmons170 ? It was not as satisfying as a walk outside, but with today's weather, I'll take it!

I actually understand what you're saying, @jugar. It's good exercise, but the outdoor walking seems much more intensive to me. The only way I feel a comparable burn is if I do a 5-mile Leslie Sansone Walk or longer.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Well, ok I tried to reply to @deniners2 but that didn't seem to work.. :/
    You can do this 2 ways:
    1. Click on "Quote" just under the message. Don't delete the things that say bracket quote="whoeveritis+message number"] and bracket/quote]! (I'm writing "bracket" so that it doesn't actually look like a quote...). You can delete parts of the message in between those 2 bracketed things, but be sure to leave them. You can delete any text you don't really want to reply to, or you can just leave it alone. Write your message AFTER the [/quote]. You can keep your post open and add other quotes also by going to their message (if it is on the same page!!!) and hitting "Quote". That adds it to your open post.
    2. OR, you can just put in their user name as you did - they will get a notification that you have mentioned them (if their notifications are set that way. You can address as many people as you want in a message by using their @name.
    To be sure it all came out right, use "Preview" before posting. I'm talking all this time about the web version, not the mobile or table app - I don't use those for the messages, only for logging and very little else. If someone knows if it is different on the app for quoting, please go ahead and chime in!
  • jugar
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Pw 176.6
    Cw 175.8

@jugar when I weighed in on my last monday of April and said I wanted to switch to Saturday's, you asked me to weigh in for the last Saturday of April and that would be my starting weight for May... I think you forgot that. So when I gave you my weight for the last Saturday you kinda looked at me odd... :)

So thats why you have me with that question mark... lol
    I have the question mark just to be sure I was using the previous weight that was OK by you. It wasn't clear in my foggy brain, so I put in both until the sun shone through. You have now provided the awesome ray of sunshine!!
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar Steps for 5/8, 18828 and 20 minutes lower body exercises - I can feel it today! Feels good to know there are muscles working - I think it was the squats that I feel the most.
    I look forward to being on maintenance like you. I don't ever want to do the big weight gain and have to lose ever again, have done it too many times - at 51, I want to stay fit from here on. I just know myself too well, I'm afraid I may need to log and weigh forever to stay on top of it.

It is SO good to feel those muscles - and squats will do it every time :smiley: Just be sure to do good stretches too. And YES it will be wonderful to welcome you to the world of maintenance. I am posting (by request) a message about maintenance to one of the other teams where 3 people have recently arrived there. We will probably also start a discussion thread for anyone who is at their maintenance weight from any team. You will be most welcome there when you arrive! It is much the same as losing - if you just sit back and rest on your laurels (can couches be made from laurels?), you will be back on the regular team in very short order. I stay here after a long time maintaining because it works. When I try to wing it, things do not go so well!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    There have been some really solid losses and good messages this week. I'm sure it has helped everyone as we go forward - don't forget, that the people who weigh in early in the week are already coming towards that 2nd weigh-in and I hope week 2 is just as good! Don't let the slump happen - this usually hits us for week 3, but now is the time to prepare. Keep logging, and if you can stand it - PRE-log your meals and exercise. Then you feel both obliged to do it, and relieved that you don't really have to think. Just follow the plan you made when you were feeling virtuous!

A couple of questions:
    @SMcFall0215 - have you solved your wonky scale problem? I still really cannot believe you would have put on 11 pounds. Let me know by the end of today if you want to revise, even if it is a guess based on several weigh-ins where you place the scale in different places, etc.

@eggfreak - do you have steps/exercise stats for last Sunday, May 3rd? I might have missed them, but if you could post again that would be great.

Update steps and all by tomorrow if possible! @KellyBgetsfit @evangsimmons170 you can knock us up to 500,000?
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar Sunday May 3, 13890 steps
    @Terytha wow, now there's no forgetting what all your efforts accomplished!
  • jugar
    Options
    @terytha SERIOUSLY!!! That is amazing.

s3ceoxxtonec.png
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You can do this 2 ways:
    This was really helpful to me as well. I saw other people using it and was wondering how. Thanks!

• CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Way to go! What a difference.
    Sometimes we get so focused on where we are that we forget where we were...
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @terytha Wow. So nice of your husband to take that pic so you can truly see how far you have come! Nice work. Changing our bodies takes time but it also takes time to change our minds too. You look amazing! So proud of you 👏👏👏
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Thanks @jugar.. got the CBD. May actually be making a difference already. I have a bunch of physio type exercises I am doing, but I really actually need to see them.. not happening right now though!!

Have a great weekend everyone! Be safe out there!
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 190
    CW 191.7

I was going to ask to be excused considering my state this past week with little logging and almost no exercise. But it is what it is. 😔 I’d say get rid of my weigh in this week, but I know this team is not about the win as much as the support.
    I'm glad you said that. No one likes posting a gain - even if we understand that it happened due to circumstances we can't really control. An injury, a cold, whatever - yes, you could have asked to be excused from this week's weigh-in. Yes, you would probably catch back up. Yes, I would have been fine with that and let you have the week off. I'm kind of a softy that way.

But inside, I would be thinking that those weeks are the we are giving us good information we should not turn our backs on. What happens when you are stressed, or injured, or have a cold? (your inner guru or doctor asks) Do you adjust your intake to the state of less exercise? Do you eat more because of it because you need comfort or are bored? It is all information - and as long as you take the attitude that it is interesting, it is really positive. I loved @matthewsfive 's recent post about that. I know I used to just stop weighing myself when I didn't want to know how bad it really was. But over a long time, that blip is just data, and it's interesting. You can find other ways to get the comfort, or break the boredom. Or you can accept that you're going to have a gain some weeks. And move on soon!

All my long-winded way to say, I'm glad you weighed in! The team will do just fine with a few gains in there - it's all information for the team too. Someone else might be feeling bad about a gain, and see that their teammates do it, so they can do it.

Hugs to you, though - getting over a concussion isn't the funnest thing I can think of. :heart:
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 1

PW 190
    CW 191.7

I was going to ask to be excused considering my state this past week with little logging and almost no exercise. But it is what it is. 😔 I’d say get rid of my weigh in this week, but I know this team is not about the win as much as the support.

Hoping to get to 100% soon. A week now. Getting older makes recovery take a bit longer. Though I’ve never had a concussion before to compare.

Be well all. Hope to catch up in a bit. 💕

Glad you didn't opt out, you got this
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 1

PW 190
    CW 191.7

Hoping to get to 100% soon. A week now. Getting older makes recovery take a bit longer. Though I’ve never had a concussion before to compare.

Be well all. Hope to catch up in a bit. 💕

Hey, no worries. Your head is still in one piece and that's a pretty big win. :)
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    HEADS UP for Saturday weigh-ins
    @lovethyneighbor

!

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170

Here are my steps for this week: