WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,087 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Last Call!

Only 2 weigh-ins to go, from 2 of our new members. I hope you're still with us!

@alexsandramorff
    @greywaves

Post your weight for this week here by 8 am Eastern time (GMT -4) Sunday. Thanks!

And I'd still like to know if you're sticking with that weird weigh-in this week, @SMcFall0215 , or if you want to revise it to a more realistic number??
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I managed to salvage my groggy day and got a few things accomplished but sadly nothing left at day end for exercise. So I'm going to hit the hot tub and head for an early bedtime. Tomorrow is a new day...

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mothers or who have/had mothers!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    I have been really frustrated with the scale lately. I took last week off due to water weight and going up about 5 lbs. Still not happy with the scale so I took measurements.

PW: 219.0
    CW: 221.0 😡

So next I compared my bust, waist and hip measurements from March 1st to now and I have lost 3.5 inches! I lost an inch and half from my waist.

Yay! Congratulations, Kristi. That is a great thing to try. I know I have found the same to be true and it sure is great to have another measurement other than the scale. It must feel great!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    So, I feel more like myself today than I have in a week. That's a win. I logged all my food. I was a bit over, but I'll get there. But even better, I finally felt like I could work to get my steps in and met my goal of 8,500 steps. Haven't ventured out to walk yet, just walked around my house. I think I might like to try to get back to my pilates tomorrow if I wake up feeling as well as I have today.

Thanks for all your concern and support through all of this. I truly appreciate it. Onto a better week logging-wise, exercise-wise, and weightloss-wise. :smile: <3

@matthewsfive Vera, don't know if I missed it, but how are the plans for your son's wedding? Is it still going forward? Didn't you say it was in June? Hope everything is going well. Did you find the perfect dress yet?
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Steps this week:
    Sunday: 5,600
    Monday: 4,955
    Tuesday: 3,358
    Wednesday: 6,128
    Thursday: 2,175
    Friday: 4,699
    Saturday: 5,000
    My semester is done done I’m delighted that I have a solid A in Chemistry and B+ in Statistics. Hallelujah!
    I plan to get longer walks in this week and will figure out additional exercise to do. Choose something I like? Hmm, well, I’ll have to think about that! I generally hadn’t liked any type of exercise on a regular basis unless it’s water based.
    Time to work on that subconscious mind and make a change.
    Xoxo
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thanks for feedback on the watch @conleywoods and @deniners2 I haven’t seen the Garmin vivoactive watches before. Still looking into them.

@terytha your pic is inspiring! It’s a struggle for sure and great work! It’s amazing that our minds can find a new normal so quickly and not let us enjoy the accomplishment.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day to everyone! I hope you all enjoy relaxing and a little sweet today! 🥰

@jugar here are my steps to complete the week
    5/7: 12,677
    5/8: 1,532
    5/9: 9,373
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Friends!

PW - 179.3
    CW - 179.4

Steps:
    8/5 - 2372
    9/5 - 2729

Frustrated and not happy. I'll try to check in again tomorrow.
  • jugar
    Options
    My semester is done done I’m delighted that I have a solid A in Chemistry and B+ in Statistics. Hallelujah!
    My hat is flying in the air flipping around and spinning! A and B+ in the hardest subjects ever!!! Of course you did. So proud of you!!
    gy5se63abask.png

• SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    A couple of questions:
    @SMcFall0215 - have you solved your wonky scale problem? I still really cannot believe you would have put on 11 pounds. Let me know by the end of today if you want to revise, even if it is a guess based on several weigh-ins where you place the scale in different places, etc.

Ok, so I bought a new scale! Unfortunately it says the same thing. My guess is 2 weeks ago when I sent in my starting weight of 156.8 it was actually the ERROR! The week prior to that I was 167 my scale told me the batteries where low so I changed them and moved my scale to my bathroom. (Both terrible thing 🤦🏻‍♀️) the following week I got the weight of 156.8 and that’s what I sent in to you all. I didn’t even consider that my scale was totally lying to me until I posted my 11 pound gain and I realized, damn they are right change the batteries and move the scale. But wait a min 💡 I just did those things and in turnnnnnnn 11 pound gain! BAM, I been thinking I did great this whole time losing 9 pounds and NOPE..

So I will keep the 167.8 and start myself from there, with a new scale, new mindset that there was actually no 9pound loss or 11 pound gain haha.

• SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @jugar I thought it was tagging you when I did the quote thing but I guess not... looks like I just tagged myself 🤣🤣🤣
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar I thought it was tagging you when I did the quote thing but I guess not... looks like I just tagged myself 🤣🤣🤣

Just be sure not to delete the [quote= part and the [/quote] at the end of what you're trying to quote!

Thanks for the update, then. I'll adjust the tally numbers!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Dropped another bit on the scale today, which means I'm just about 13 lbs away from my lowest ever weight.

When I was 16/17, mom and I went on Weight Watchers and I hit 169 lbs before stopping. I was so pleased, but I wish someone had told me that was still like 20 lbs overweight. :/
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun- 5,716
    Mon- 7,079
    Tues - 12,938
    Wed 11,015
    Thurs- 9,120
    Fri -11,312
    Sat - 9,571

Happy Mother's Day to the mothers out there. And for all of you that don't get to see your moms today, I am thinking of you.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    07l1b5ocaznx.png
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    PW: 151
    CW: 149
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options