WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My scale doesn't lie. I got up to 155 early this week, but I cracked down after reading all your posts. I logged, & I think I stayed under cals all but one day. So down 6 pounds this week. 😲

My work schedule changed, & it will probably change again. I now have a Sat/Sun weekend, so I made the decision to not have nachos yesterday because of weigh in this a.m. I ran 6.6 miles yesterday, & I accidentally went on a 10 mile walk this morning. Yup, I explored an unknown route within a known route, & it was longer than I thought. 😂 If there is a next time, I'm taking my Camelback. 😩

@Steph1498 I forgot, my everyday watch is also an older Garmin Vivofit. I like it particularly because I can pop it out of the strap to use it as a pedometer. I don't know about the newer versions. But truly, my Garmin 35 is awesome. It has GPS tracking for outdoor activities. It isn't perfect, but it has all the data I care about for under $100. I'm sure other brands have similar features, but my history has made me faithful. I hope you find what is best for you! Let us know.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    So, I feel more like myself today than I have in a week. That's a win. I logged all my food. I was a bit over, but I'll get there. But even better, I finally felt like I could work to get my steps in and met my goal of 8,500 steps. Haven't ventured out to walk yet, just walked around my house. I think I might like to try to get back to my pilates tomorrow if I wake up feeling as well as I have today.

Thanks for all your concern and support through all of this. I truly appreciate it. Onto a better week logging-wise, exercise-wise, and weightloss-wise. :smile: <3

@matthewsfive Vera, don't know if I missed it, but how are the plans for your son's wedding? Is it still going forward? Didn't you say it was in June? Hope everything is going well. Did you find the perfect dress yet?

@micki48 Michele
    Hi, thanks for asking, they are going to make the decision whether to delay the date to August or November. As of June 1st the Hotel will be open but the venue for the Reception will not be. We are afraid if they stick with the June date or even going with the August date that they will be very limited on the number of guest.

I've been looking on-line for my dress and not having any luck. I am very hard on myself and can't seem to find anything I am comfortable in. I still see myself as very heavy. I know that I'm not but can't get out of my own head. I've tried on about 20 dresses and I have 3 more dresses coming this week, fingers cross I find something I am comfortable in.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a good day today - and celebrated the moms in style.

Huge pat on the back @deniners2 ! It made me laugh that you "accidentally" went on a 10 mile walk. That's quite an accident! Well done, though - it sure helped you keep the blip from earlier in the week thoroughly under control :smiley:

So here we are in week 2! A good time to think back over just this past week, and see what little thing(s) you can tweak to make this week as good or better. Before packing it in for the night, a few reminders for weigh-ins!

Due today:
    @graceojo999
    @jguldi11
    @justinb_83
    @alexsandramorff

Due Monday:
    @reflectionofme
    @unevano (hope you're feeling better!)
    @MoStacy
    @ells_runs
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Back in town and back to logging as usual. Even though it was cold and a bit snowy, I still enjoyed the weekend in the wilderness and feel more refreshed. Looking forward to some decent weather and lots of time outdoors this week!

@micki48 My steps to finish out the week:

5/8: 11,415
    5/9: 5,929
    5/10: 5,230

I've decided to up my daily step goal to 5,000, and will see where I'm at in a month.

@jugar I will weigh in Monday morning since I wasn't home this morning to do so.
  • unevano
    unevano Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @Jugar Thanks. I am starting to feel better.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had a very lazy day. Didn't exercise and ate more than I should have (although I did log it all) But since hubby was providing the food I didn't want to seem ungracious - Mother's Day and all. So back on track tomorrow.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 5/9 = 7616
    5/10 = 719

My pinched nerve or whatever is going on is not going well, so yesterday was spent on the couch on various heating pads, tens system, and just general rest, I took my gabepentin during the day, and it makes me super sleepy, so yeah I had a super lazy day... I had an x ray done, although it won't show anything that I don't already know, but I am working on going to see the spine dr.... something has to give... My whole left side from my shoulder down my arm and now down to my waist is numb, tight , twisted, and just moving hurts, sitting up normal in a chair is the worst but I'm here, I have some 100mg gabs, so I might try to take one and see if that helps...
  • jugar
    Options
    My pinched nerve or whatever is going on is not going well, so yesterday was spent on the couch on various heating pads, tens system, and just general rest, I took my gabepentin during the day, and it makes me super sleepy, so yeah I had a super lazy day... I had an x ray done, although it won't show anything that I don't already know, but I am working on going to see the spine dr.... something has to give... My whole left side from my shoulder down my arm and now down to my waist is numb, tight , twisted, and just moving hurts, sitting up normal in a chair is the worst but I'm here, I have some 100mg gabs, so I might try to take one and see if that helps...
    YIKES! Maybe @evelynladams527 has some ideas for you - working in massage and myofascial release therapy area, and she has tons of knowledge. It sounds nasty... Stay on couch and enjoy all the hugs flying your way.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I am feeling much better. Still not planning to jump up and down though. But I am going to go for a walk and see how that feels. We have already ventured out early to the grocery store to get the things Trader Joe’s does not have. Hubby likes his specific products. 😂 I also want to try a short Pilates workout.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Your pinched nerve sounds terrible. I hope you get some relief soon. 🤗

@jugar Your walk sounds wonderful. So fun to see all the wildlife. I’m going to look for bluebirds on my walk. They are shy and quickly fly away when they see you coming.

@matthewsfive I’m glad to hear the wedding is just likely being adjusted back. That must be so nerve wracking. All the plans and then having to shift. I am sure you will find the perfect dress and look amazing. 🌟
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I did not get any exercise this weekend because whoah cramps and anemia. I was seeing stars and light shows every time I stood up, so I decided to take it easy. Plus it was too cold/rainy for walking.

This aspect of my life seems worse since dropping some pounds. But well, it's not the worst trade off. It's only a week every few months.

Three people commented on my weight loss at work today. I'm wearing a different, super old hoodie so I guess my baggy 3XL sweaters are the reason nobody noticed until now lol. I just love how comfy they are. And zipper pockets! I love zippers on my pockets.
  • Terytha
    Options
    Can I just... vent about a weird thing?

A couple months after I started using MFP, my coworker found me here. It was kinda nice, cuz she doesn't get upset when I say no to snacks and she gives me barcodes to scan when I accept. I'm not like, shy anymore about wanting to lose weight. And part of working on my self esteem has been to own fully how much I weigh even when that number upsets me.

But she's kinda too happy about my success. Like, bragging to our CEO and our boss about it happy. Which is uncomfortable. I don't think either of those people really need to know the details. I may not be shy but I feel a need to have some personal distance with the people paying me.

I dunno it just feels weird and awkward.
  • Terytha
    Options
    ells_runs wrote: »
    Hi all!
    ells_runs
    PW 214lbs
    CW 213lbs

Only small loss, sorry guys and good luck! X

A pound isn't a small loss at all! It's a great loss.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy Monday, everyone!
    We might actually have a day that doesn't feel like the end of winter today - yesterday was cold and windy, so I have high hopes for today.

I'm starting my "tiny habits" mini-course today. I have been reading the book by BJ Fogg, and the research behind it, along with the playful attitude, is informative and enjoyable. So far, I am having trouble most with the prompts, or anchors as he calls them. I am so accustomed to living in my own little personal bubble (or fog!) that it is hard to even remember I am trying to insert a new behaviour anchored to those moments. For example, I want to keep up my strength while I still cannot do many of the exercises I usually do. To make that tiny, I do 2 pushups after every time I leave the bathroom. But often by the time I am leaving the bathroom, my mind is far far elsewhere! So I need to place some kind of reminder on the door or something. In any case, I recommend the book or website (just search for tiny habits) if you are finding your goals too big and hard to stick with, or if you are relying on willpower to keep to your commitments.

Now that I have a fitbit, Michele @micki48 and a few others are having fun with daily challenges for steps. I went down to our bike path (used to be a railway) yesterday, even though it was frigid out, and took a good walk. It's a great pathway - nice and flat so it does not upset my annoying glute injury. It is next to a river through a large wetland with amazing bird life. I saw several kinds of ducks, geese, and heard lots of other birds as I went along. Usually there are herons galore, but none were there yesterday. Hardly any people either!

I hope you all have a great Monday!

I actually love this!! Tiny goals equal success... when I lost my 100 pounds I seriously did it 10 pounds at a time. I set tiny goals and when I hit them they felt like HUGE accomplishments and I was sooo excited to hit a goal... I didn’t know this was a book but I’m definitely going to look for it

• unevano
    unevano Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @Jugar Thanks. I am starting to feel better. I was actually able to eat and drink something. Big weight loss this week due to not eating or drinking anything up until yesterday. I would not be at all surprised to see a fairly large gain over my weigh in come my next weigh in. I hope not, but that is usually the case after a fast.
    PW 234.5
    CW 225.5

I am also going to be tracking weekly on Mondays:
    Current:
    Blood Pressure 128/65 pulse 55 (I always take my blood pressure 4 times and use the average)
    blood glucose 99
    ketone level 1.0
    gki 5.5

My last blood pressure test before today's was taken on April 25th when my weight was 234.5:
    Blood pressure avg 144/72 pulse 68 (Average of 4 readings)
    Glucose 102
    ketone level was below .1

My goal is to stay in ketosis and do intermittent fasting of one meal a day. Will be throwing in longer fasts when I feel like I need it. I am a real believer in longer fasts do to the stem cell activation after about 2-3 days of water only fasting. Previously I weighed 260+ pounds (I stopped weighing myself after I reached 260 pounds because I was so disgusted with myself for not being successful in losing weight). I was doing everything I could think of to lose weight but the methods and diets I was trying weren't working for me or I couldn't seem to sustain any progress I made because I would binge eat. Weaknesses were chocolate, red vines, ice cream, yogurt, chips of any sort and dips. I didn't have a glucose or a ketone monitor at that time but I bet I was close to being diabetic. I would go into Safeway and frequently use their blood pressure machine and my blood pressure was up around 148/88 pulse of 77. I finally read the book "The 100" which explained why I was going thru what I was going thru as far as weight gain. Basically it was an easy to follow carb restriction diet. I lost weight easily on it and I was in a state of bliss but then it plateaued and wasn't losing any more. I then started to like the idea of the Keto diet and that brought me down to below 200 fairly rapidly. That was around January 1st of this year. I then got sick with a small intestinal blockage (same thing as I had last week). For some reason I went back into my old eating habits and I finally decided on April 24th when my weight was 236 pounds that I was going to start losing weight again. I started getting a lot of my old problems back again such as acid reflux, asthma, allergies, joint pains, head aches, fatigue, insomnia among some other issues. That is when I found Fat 2 Fit weight loss challenge and was lucky enough to be accepted into this wonderful Waistaways group. My ultimate goal that I set for myself when I was 260+ pounds was 154 pounds and that seems like it is still a good goal. I believe I can reach that goal by January 1st 2021, which will be approximately 2 pounds a week. I haven't been exercising much but am considering starting to do some moderate exercises and see how that goes.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    ells_runs
    PW 214lbs
    CW 213lbs

I’m not a leader on this page or anything but do not apologize for a “Small” loss!!! A loss is a loss and all those pounds add up.. keep up the great work before you know it your “small” loss will be a big number.
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi all!
    ells_runs
    PW 214lbs
    CW 213lbs

What's this? Apologizing for losing a pound? Apology not accepted! You did great! I always find a pound in a week a major success. 3500 calories burned more than you ate. Picture that full pound of butter in your hand and feel proud!!
This discussion has been closed.