Want To Lose 10 Pounds?

Options

Replies

• whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I'm up 1.

I weighed every day this week, and the scale was all over the place. About half showing a loss and half a gain. It was a busy week and we did fewer "meals" and more "making do." But I'm sure the biggest issue is eating too many of the cookies I've been baking as gifts.

On a positive note, I exceeded my 7500 daily step goal and active minutes every day but one. Snow/sleet kept me inside more, but I intend to aim for a daily outside walk this week. My legs are definitely getting stronger.

Sleep is still going well, but I stayed up too late a couple nights, and that is my gateway to getting off-cycle. Getting back on track is my #1 priority for the week because everything else (meal panning, decision-makng, etc.) falls into place more easily when I get good sleep.

Have a great weekend!
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,994 Member
    Options
    I'm up .4 lbs over last week.
    I'm going to post what I wrote in today's Friday LTL Thread.

Portions is probably my biggest stumbling block. I've always fought that battle and it still haunts me today. I love food and I think it stems from my childhood. I didn't eat to survive growing up rather I ate because I loved the taste of almost everything. Also growing up in the South fried foods were really a big item ie; fried chicken, fried this fried that. Even though vegetables were popular and ready available there were cooked southern style with ingredients that lets say not to healthy. I guess I have to add sweets/desserts into the mix as well.

The main culprit currently for me though remains to be portions. I'm working on it with every meal. If I stay with it long enough it does become a habit so I just have to keep working on it. I'll get there because I'm not going to let it whip me since I'm no quitter.👍😄
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,058 Member
    Options
    Down 1#. We'll see how the next week plays out.
  • Al_Howard
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Re: This Thread: Do we want to let it run? Start fresh this/next week, or 2nd week of May?
    I'd say let it run, as we can checkback.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Al_Howard wrote: »
    Re: This Thread: Do we want to let it run? Start fresh this/next week, or 2nd week of May?
    I'd say let it run, as we can checkback.

I agree Al!
  • linmueller
    Options
    Down #3!!! Woot woot!

Lose #10 Challenge 1
    6/26 Week 1 WI -1.0 total -1.0
    to
    8/14 Week 8 WI -1.8 total -10.6
    Lose #10 Challenge 1 ✔️ 🎉

Challenge 2
    8/14 Week 8 -1.8 total -10.6
    to
    10/9 Week 16 -1.8 total -20
    Lose #10 Challenge 2 ✔️✔️

Challenge 3
    10/16 Week 17 -0.4 total -20.4
    10/23 Week 18 -0.4 total -20.8
    10/30 Week 19 -0.6 total -21.4
    11/06 Week 20 -1.4 total -22.8
    11/13 Week 21 -/+0 total -22.8
    11/20 Week 22 +0.4 total -22.4
    11/27 Week 23 -1.4 total -23.8
    12/05 Week 24 +3.2 total -20.6
    12/11 Week 25 -3.2 total -23.8
    12/18 Week 26 -1.6 total -25.4
    12/25 Week 27 -3.0 total -28.4
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    @linmueller You go girl!!!!!
  • imastar2
    Options
    Down 1.8 lbs this week. Yeah! Back under my 1st Challenge weight of 310.8 lbs months ago. 🤷‍♂️
    Way To Go! @linmueller 👍
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,989 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2.2 pounds this week. That's a combination of a better job following my personal plan, and some dumb luck/randomness. I'm still 1.2 pounds above my personal target weight, but well below my official WW goal weight.

Today happens to be a fast day (10th of Tevet--remembering the beginning of the siege of Jerusalem by the Babylonians that marked the beginning of the process that led to the destruction of the first temple and the exile of the Jewish people from Judah [i.e., Israel]). No eating, no drinking until after sundown, but that basically means I skip lunch today!

Outside of that, all of my kids are back at home for a week or more, so we're having a really nice time together. There will definitely be more food around, as all three are major eaters! I'll do my best to stick to my plan.

Regarding the thread, I'm ok to continue it as is (or start it fresh with the New Year), but I am finding it very helpful to have a place to document my thoughts, and to get a bit of extra motivation to stick with my plan!
  • whathapnd
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'll check-in tomorrow. No sleep last night. But I've been holed-up with cookies, so it's not going to be good.

I say let the thread run. It will be nice to have our history/comments to look back on as our losing/maintaining evolves. Plus, I want to actually lose the ten pounds I set out to lose on THIS thread. 😃
  • whathapnd
    Options
    Way to go all you losers!!! Woo-hoo!!
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    whathapnd wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I'll check-in tomorrow. No sleep last night. But I've been holed-up with cookies, so it's not going to be good.

I say let the thread run. It will be nice to have our history/comments to look back on as our losing/maintaining evolves. Plus, I want to actually lose the ten pounds I set out to lose on THIS thread. 😃
    Yeah, me too.
  • whathapnd
    Options
    I'm up 4.4 pounds.

I expected a gain, but I didn't know what to expect . . . because I haven't been tracking well the past couple of weeks.

A bit of the gain is inflammation, but the bulk of it is simply from eating too much. Earlier this week, I thought about skipping weigh-in this week. I knew it was going to be bad. But I think date is useful, and if I skipped this week and ended up being up slightly less next week, I would miss out on useful info.

There are still good things happening from an eating and moving more perspective, but I've literally been out of control with the cookies the past couple of weeks. I'm mad at myself, but I need to take action instead of dwelling/beating myself up.

I think my head is in the right place to take action. Back to tracking and better meal planning.
  • imastar2
    Options
    I'm good to let the thread run till May. Gives me incentive to shoot for a target.
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    I was up 2.9# after last night's Chinese food. Better next week!!!
  • imastar2
    Options
    Up .6 lbs this week. Not too bad for a Christmas week. Working with a new medication. That's always interesting.

On a positive note I did wind up with a 27.2 loss from 12/31/19 - 12/31/20. Just looking for a little Joy for 2020. Still a long way to go and sooo looking forward to a stable 2021 whatever stable means in today's environment. Going to make a concentrated effort to between .5 and 1 lb off average this year by taking Action on two fronts. Portions and balance. Hello 2021😄
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,917 Member
    Options
    imastar2 wrote: »
    On a positive note I did wind up with a 27.2 loss from 12/31/19 - 12/31/20.

Derrick - we're aiming for similar goals. I’m setting an objective of two pounds a month, which is a little less than you accomplished in 2020. More is always nicely, but I’ve concluded it’s better to stay ON the wagon than it is to jump off, run 9n ahead - and get run over. Slow and steady . . .
  • whathapnd
    Options
    I was down 1.4 on Friday. (I was down another 1.4 this morning, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself.)

I feel bad about all the cookie I ate during the holidays. This was a year I didn't have to bake but chose to bake. I still have work to do when managing access to junk food I love.

Despite the cookies and the December weight gain, I'm going into 2021 feeling optimistic about my ability to get back to goal and get healthier. I'm particularly proud of sticking with a commitment to increase my activity. I've been slowly ramping up since September. I had a stretch goal of getting 200,000 steps in December. I made 216,400. This was a combination of both aiming to stand and move more during the day and intentional walking. I walked 101 miles in December (again a combination of planned walks and just trying to move more.) I know the increased movement isn't going to magically make the pounds disappear, but exercise has been missing from my plan for a few years, and this ramp up has me excited on a number of fronts.
  • linmueller
    Options
    Up 0.4. May be due to increased exercise, or too much junk (but I think I tracked accurately), or sodium or digestive issues. We'll see next week.

6/26 Wk 1 - 8/14 Wk 8 total -10.6
    Lose #10 Challenge 1 ✔️ 🎉

8/14 Wk 8 -10/9 Wk 16 total -20
    Lose #10 Challenge 2 ✔️✔️

10/16 Week 17 -0.4 total -20.4
    10/23 Week 18 -0.4 total -20.8
    10/30 Week 19 -0.6 total -21.4
    11/06 Week 20 -1.4 total -22.8
    11/13 Week 21 -/+0 total -22.8
    11/20 Week 22 +0.4 total -22.4
    11/27 Week 23 -1.4 total -23.8
    12/05 Week 24 +3.2 total -20.6
    12/11 Week 25 -3.2 total -23.8
    12/18 Week 26 -1.6 total -25.4
    12/25 Week 27 -3.0 total -28.4
    01/01 Week 27 +0.4 total -28.0
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,548 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    As of New Years Day I'm in. Since last March I've put on a 10# Corona Gut. Four days OP. I'm doing the WW Green plan, back to counting points. Attended my 1st WW Zoom meeting yesterday.