Want To Lose 10 Pounds?

Options

Replies

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,983 Member
    Options
    Up 1 lb this week. On top of other weeks of continuous gain. Since August 19th six months ago I've gained 18.8 lbs. Was at a near all time low at 299.8 back 6 months ago. So doing the math I'm .72 lbs a week average per week. However I've had on the order of 3 major health events in the fall to finally be cleared by mid December. Now family issue which I won't go into that has made focusing on the difficult side for me.
    It is a matter of priority but I'm still not being serious enough about what I have to do to lose weight. I have a colonoscopy coming up Tuesday so clear liquids Monday with prep that evening and amidst that I have my 2nd vaccine jab this Sunday which has me very nervous because of my regimine the next 48 hours. I told DW at least I'd be in the hospital Tuesday am if I had a serious reaction to the vaccine.
    Well on to getting something together for Fridsy's LTL thread.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,033 Member
    Options
    Well, I found the 1.6 I lost last week, plus 0.2 . :(
    Not sure why, my caloric intake was under my goal, as were my SPs.
    I did have to cut back, slightly, on my exercise, but, over all was "in the zone".
    Oh well, this week a new start. ;)
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Missed 2 WIs while vacationing. Ate decent, drank way too much! Always gain water weight when I travel. 1st morning back I was up 10.6. I feel good about only 2 to go, but irritated that I lost a 10# mark. Eating was pretty good this week. Exercise not so much. This week I'm going to work to improve both, and reachieved the -30# mark!

6/26 Wk 1 - 8/14 Wk 8 total -10.6
    Lose #10 Challenge 1 ✔️ 🎉

8/14 Wk 8 -10/9 Wk 16 total -20
    Lose #10 Challenge 2 ✔️✔️🎉

10/16 Wk 17 - 01/29 Wk 31 - total -30.2
    Lose #10 Challenge 3 ✔️✔️✔️🎉
    Punta Cana
    02/19 Wk 34 +2.0 total -28.2
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,033 Member
    Options
    Well, lost 1.0#, still 0.6# higher than 2 weeks ago. Oh well.. "Onward and Downwards".
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1.2 for the week. I think this is just the scale playing catch-up.

I tracked every day and stayed almost within my weekly desired deficit. Sleep is off a bit, and I need to correct that ASAP.

At the end of last year, I raised my daily calories by 100. It's remarkable what a difference that small increase has made in terms of being able to be satisfied with my food choices and to more consistently stick with my plan.

Have a great weekend!
  • linmueller
    Options
    I'm down 2.6#, and feeling as uncertain as we often do when the scale suddenly blips up. I don't feel like I've earned it, haven't been moving much, have eaten pretty so so. I'd like to think I'll continue down from here, but ...

My plan for the next week is to eat better, track better, move more.

I'm truly baffled 🤷🤔🤯🤥

6/26 Wk 1 - 8/14 Wk 8 total -10.6
    Lose #10 Challenge 1 ✔️ 🎉

8/14 Wk 8 -10/9 Wk 16 total -20
    Lose #10 Challenge 2 ✔️✔️🎉

10/16 Wk 17 - 01/29 Wk 31 - total -30.2
    Lose #10 Challenge 3 ✔️✔️✔️🎉
    Punta Cana
    02/19 Wk 34 +2.0 total -28.2
    02/26 Wk 35 -2.6 total -30.8
    Lose #10 Challenge 3 ✔️✔️✔️🎉???
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    I am down 0.2 pounds this week, and I’ll take it. I know I’ve been a bit overindulgent and underdisciplined about that pesky container of cashews on the counter. As it turns out, eating “just a few” still has an impact, particularly when it’s “just a few” up to ten times a day. It leaves me with a February loss of 4.2, and as I said, I’ll take it. (I pontificated about small losses in a rare post on Connect this week.)

For purposes of this challenge:

05/06/20 wk 1 to 06/24 wk 7 lose 10.6
    Lose #10 Challenge 1 ✔️

06/24 wk 7 to 09/09 wk 18 lose 20.8
    Lose #10 Challenge 2 ✔️

09/09/20 wk 18 to 1/13/21 wk 36 lose 30.2
    Lose #10 Challenge 3 ✔️

1/12 wk 36 to 1/20 wk 37 -0.4 total 30.6
    1/20 wk 37 to 1/27 wk 38 -0.8 total 31.4
    1/27 wk 38 to 2/3 wk 39 -0.8 total 32.2
    2/3 wk 39 to 2/10 wk 40 -2.0 total 34.2
    2/10 wk 39 to 2/17 wk 41 -1.2 total 35.4
    2/17 wk 40 to 2/24 wk 42 -0.2 total 35.6
  • crewahl
    Options
    linmueller wrote: »
    I'm truly baffled 🤷🤔🤯🤥

Um . . . Lemme see if I understand this . . .

Sometime after 1/29 you went to Punta Cana. While you were there, you gained ten pounds. (I’ve been known to do 15 on a cruise, so I applaud your restraint.). By 2/26 you weighed 0.6 less than you did before you went to Punta Cana.

Sounds like normal catching up to me. I know after a cruise I lost the majority the first week, less the second week, and then just about all by week three. I think your body is just catching up.
  • linmueller
    Options
    Yes, @crewahl you've got it. 🙂 And yes, there's some expected gain and loss, esp the water weight I always find on travel days. And if I was eating better and moving more, I'd be less skeptical, BUT I'm not!

Honestly, I think I'm trying really hard not to let myself think I can just continue as I've been and expect to lose. I can already feel myself buying into this false "logic". Losing weight sure is a lot of mental work!
  • newmantjn
    newmantjn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I can join the challenge. I'm just not sure what it is. Post our losses each week until we lose 10, then later, rinse, repeat?
  • whathapnd
    Options
    @newmantjn This space is for anyone looking to lose at least 10 pounds. Try to post at least weekly and share anything you find useful to share as you strive to reach that goal.

Maybe take a look at the first few posts for context?

FWIW, this challenge started in May of 2020, and I've yet to lose my first 10. (But I'm back under my May starting weight.)

• newmantjn
    Options
    OK, I'm in then. I'll try to post Wed. or Friday. I'm already posting Friday, so that might be a good day. I try to weigh myself everyday, so it really doesn't matter.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,924 Member
    Options
    So I have been MIA on this thread since September 2020. Not sure what happened to my motivation, my mindset etc. but results were about what you would expect. I have gained about 25 pounds in the last 4 months. No excuses here I knew I was on a gaining path but was not interested in changing things. I returned to a live ww meeting this morning and I am trying to get back to what I know I need to. Its been all of about 4 hours now and I am already fighting the cravings! Keep telling myself its less than 4 hours till dinner you can do this.
  • crewahl
    Options
    cakeman21k wrote: »
    Not sure what happened to my motivation, my mindset etc. but results were about what you would expect.

Yup, it’s a funny thing - the less I care, the more I weigh; the more I care, the less I weigh.
  • linmueller
    Options
    cakeman21k wrote: »
    Its been all of about 4 hours now and I am already fighting the cravings! Keep telling myself its less than 4 hours till dinner you can do this.

This is the hardest part, and I've been struggling with it for 2 weeks. I keep telling myself it's just 3 days, and then it'll be easier. I'm going to try talking myself through, meal by meal. I never thought of breaking it down 🤦 Thanks for mentioning this!
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly getting my head back into the game. There are some things I did really well this week, and some things that weren't quite where I want them to be.

On the good side:
    • Alcohol was limited to the weekend
    • Every meal was an appropriate and limited portion
    • I got exercise in 3 days
    • I felt more in-control of myself

On the negative side:
    • I did have more snacking after dinner than I wanted to
    • I didn't exercise every weekday (though, I had a couple of early commitments this week, so that was a little beyond my control)
    • I am feeling really stressed out with work, and that's making me feel really anxious

All in all, I'm going to call this a better week than I've had in recent times, and will continue to work towards stringing a few of these together, and improving from week-to-week.

182/131.8/146
  • newmantjn
    Options
    Down 4.2 for the week. Today's weigh in was a bit suspect. Usually, I get up, go to the bathroom and then weigh myself. I had dropped a tiny bit yesterday. Today, my routine was interrupted and I forgot to weigh in until I had a Diet Mountain Dew and a Coffee. Then I remembered Steve's advice on the difference between a good weigh in and a bad one, so I figured I may just as well wait a bit...and see how it goes...

So, I dropped 2 lbs since yesterday. You can take "dropped" any way you like.
  • newmantjn
    Options
    Also, I'm down 11 lbs total in this incarnation of my weight loss journey. (Seems like this lifestyle must include reincarnation or some sort of Ground Hog Day thing...)

So anyway, it looks like I'm starting on the second ten. I'm going on vacation for a bit, so I may see this patch of ground again as well. It's a ski vacation, so at least I'll be getting some exercise.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,983 Member
    Options
    Up .2 lbs this week and was hoping for better but coming off 2 colonoscopys last week back to back Tuesday and Wednesday my body is all shook up up. Now mentally DW and I have been going through it week and it's not over. Will make a separate post on that called
    Keeping your wits when life is dealing you fits.
  • whathapnd
    Options
    I'm up 1.8 despite a good week from an eating and tracking perspective. I met my desired deficit this week. I said last week I need to dial things in a bit tighter, and I did that this week. I have a bit of inflammation that could be a contributor.

So, I'm not worried, but I am bummed my weekly losing streak is over. I made it to nine weeks in a row.

I made a giant pot of zero point soup yesterday, and will pre-make some protein-rich breakfast options later today. Being prepared really helps me.

Sleep suffered again this week, so still working on that.

Have a great weekend!