WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    @podperson1 Way to take a stand! I like your style. I was thinking about you yesterday when I spoke to a woman in the neighbourhood who I was two meters behind in a lineup at a vegetable market who was complaining about waiting in line. She said she will not eat take out from a restaurant but takes the subway. She said it would be like eating at a buffet. I'm the opposite. I don't want to take the subway or other provincial transit for a very long time. I feel like convertibles should see an uptick in sales. :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Monday check in
    Food: 14:10 IF. Had a good talking to myself while on my hike about getting my act together so it was a better day food wise
    Water: Good
    Steps & Exercise:17,766 steps; 3.5 mile hike with the dogs

I played a little game with myself Monday morning... I was hungry but still had 45 minutes left on my fast. A corner of the garden has been taken over by weeds but I kept procrastinating. I I told myself to get busy and pull all the weeds in 45 minutes. It took me an hour but it finally got done. Yes, I guess I rewarded myself with food which I know I shouldn't do but it was my planned breakfast of a banana and greek yogurt with granola and berries, not a cheat meal and now the weeds are gone! Lame, huh? The things we do to ourselves.

Tuesday check in
    Food: 16:8 IF. Pre-logged and ate on plan
    Water: OK
    Steps & Exercise: 15,948 steps; 1 hour walk around the neighborhood. I kept thinking it would start raining and didn't want to venture too far from the house so just meandered down various roads. It was rather relaxing. Oh and my neighbor told me she had seen a bear where I had hiked on Monday so I was being a bit of a wimp by staying on the main roads. I wasn't in the mood for bear encounters. Hope to hike tomorrow when this rain blows out of here. I'll feel more courageous tomorrow :wink:

@melaniedscott Great food suggestions!! We're big fans of spicy food also. @sleepymom5 I always recommend, when trying a new food, going with someone who is familiar with the cuisine. The only way I ever managed to try sushi was with a good friend who knew my tastes. Now I love sushi! It less scary that way LOL

Nancy, I think the weeding work and then breakfast was a great strategy. Not lame at all. :blush:
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Wednesday
    Food-felt like I ate too much but on reflection it was almost all very nourishing except maybe the chocolate salted caramel oat milk ice cream after dinner.
    @gingerpwr I had bought edamame noodles but not tried them till you mentioned them. I made too much. Last night I used the leftovers. Added marinated sprouted tofu, green onion, carrot, sesame oil, tamari sauce, sesame seeds and a sprinkle of chili crunch oil. I was going for a quickie cold sesame noodle salad. It was delicious!
    Water probably 60 oz.
    exercise-yoga 20
    Sleep-8 hours

Had my chiro/acupuncture session yesterday. Left me dragging the rest of the day. Thought I was going to skip dinner but really wanted to eat. Did grocery shopping after work. Making yellow summer squash curry soup and a blueberry tart for a new mom.

Update on transfer. Have not heard anything further. Using this time to finish up all projects at home and work.
    Glad to have this extra time to be productive and to relax.

Have a good day everyone!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    06/17 steps 13815
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    It's time to celebrate June 18th! This week's challenge is only today - so hop right on over and join the party
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10800761/special-day-june-18th-celebrate-for-the-heck-of-it-challenge#latest
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Rain rain go away so I can get a walk in 🙄
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @Freeglerock Great idea planning for the souffle. I'm considering that for lemon poppy seed loaf, cake, or mini muffins. I have some poppy seeds that I need to use before they become stale and then I received six lemons instead of two in my grocery delivery this week.

@Mrsbell8well I took a rule out of your playbook on Sunday and made two loaves of banana bread, one for my son's family and the other for my neighbours. I didn't even have a bite. I'm thinking of something similar for the lemon poppy seed creation but would like a taste.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @nstephenson01 Great loss! I thought about your weeding strategy and yesterday I did something similar. Yesterday afternoon, I bought Wendy a croissant sandwich at a Korean bubble tea shop. She loves croissants but didn't like the idea of it with chicken, ham, and veggies. So, I took it apart, weighed the ingredients, then ate it myself ~ before supper. I realized this could be a disaster the day before I weigh-in. I looked at the time. It was 5:15 and had about 15 minutes to hustle to the garden centre with my wagon before it was to late to get in line and go in. I walked fast for 15 minutes to get there, making sure to pull the wagon with my dominant hand so that my Fitbit would track all my steps. I picked up some plants and hurried back with a full wagon. I didn't feel crazy at all because of your weeding trick.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @sleepymom5 Thanks for the advice. I think toning up could be rewarding enough to keep me from worrying too much about the scale. I know it will be slow because it's the last 7.9 pounds (I said 7.9 because I wanted to see the 7) and I'm building muscle. I mean, not like a man, but muscle weighs more than fat. I still have a flabby layer over the muscle in some places. But not my arms ~ even the bat wings have flown away.
This discussion has been closed.