brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    06/23 steps 5384
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-over 80 oz (so easy when it is hot right?!)
    Exercise-25 min walk, 30 min swim, PT, stretching and strength

What a good day yesterday. I was very happy with my exercise. I finished up what I needed to do around the house. This morning all I have to do is pack the car for the shore and pick Nicole and Dakota up at 1. Nicole is a special Ed teacher and has a video class that ends at 1. Tomorrow she will do it from the shore. They are going to make ice cream. I am very interested how this all works. Dakota is her mini golden doodle not a grand child. One of these days...sigh....

I am looking forward to getting to the shore and getting some different exercises in like biking and kayaking! I also think I won't be having as many guests. My brother and his daughter will be coming for a week. My children too of course but no one else has asked. I think people aren't going away. We will see once I am down there. I also think people may think I need a break after everything with Jim. Either way I am fine. Your team mate here is a little boring. I am good hanging with Daisy and just being able to bike,kayak,walk on the beach and read. I am really not a bar person but my family is ;). So all the craziness you may see at the Jersey shore doesn't include me.

I will be checking in from the shore tomorrow! (Can you tell I am excited?!). Have a wonderful day everyone!

@Cafelelia It is exciting having things open up. It seems like the states who opened too quickly here are having resurgences. I think Toronto seems to be smart and going slow. What a good idea to have your own camp with your son's friends. I am sure that will be fun for all!
    @nstephenson01 and @timibotkin I will have to add that book to my to read list! I looked at the app and can't get past the beans Lol! I can't imagine having 3 servings/day. I guess that is a reason why I need to read the book!
    @1theresamcvean :D See! And my kids don't think I am funny! They say I am a mom who tells "Dad jokes". I just think I am easily amused! Lol!
    @Mrsbell8well For not wanting to do your thing, you did a great job! Nice job pushing yourself!
    @Freeglerock Wow! I guess this is the best part of gardening! I love seeing all of the pictures! The violets looks so pretty in there too! You have been really doing well lately, I am sure that you will be seeing 12s consistently soon.
    @KUMEcyclingteam Philly is pretty damn hot too! Lol! You remind me of my brother who would have blown off the sign too Lol! Now I need to see your bike. I guess the tires are for trails and the occasional dip in the river?
    @tryingagain5 I noticed you seemed to be losing interest so I was trying to pull you back in. I think you do really well when you check in here. I am so excited you have an appointment with your trainer! I know you really like him so I hope this renews your spirit to get back in the game. Don't beat yourself up, just start getting back on track. Even just a small change a day will add up. You can do this!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Tuesday Check
    Food - on target
    Water - 1.8l
    Exercise - 35 min indoor cycle, 30 min HIIT
    We finally had some rain yesterday so I moved my workout indoors. We had our neighbours over for a distanced visit outside in the evening. I planned for it and stuck to my 2 half glasses of wine rule, which has always worked really well. I had a bunch of bananas in the freezer so rather than making more banana muffins, I made chocolate nice cream. I can’t keep my kids away from it and it will likely be gone by tonight.

@sleepymom5 - I hope that you have a fantastic time at the shore and get the R&R that you so deserve! Also, I love the strap on your Applewatch. I just bought a few new ones and one is the same as yours!
    @mrsbelll8well - Hope that you are doing ok and please do not be discouraged by that gain. You can refocus and move forward, and the summer is a great time to do that. If you are interested, you can post your loss to date, which I know is impressive and this may be motivating for you. But note that this is entirely optional and you don’t have to post that if you don’t want to.
    @freeglerock - Nice loss and I am so impressed by your loss to date! Stay strong with the homeschooling and I so sympathize with the challenges. Thank you so much for posting those beautiful photos of your harvest! They made me hungry!
    @KUMEcyclingteam - That photo is awesome! Did you fall at all in the water?
    @tryingagain5 - I think it is a great idea to try to post daily. I am so happy for you that you are able to go back to the gym and have a session with your trainer. I know that you always enjoyed those sessions and he sounds like a great trainer. Post as often as you like and we are here to support you!
    @nstephenson01 and @timibotkin - I really like that daily dozen concept. Please let us how that is working for you both.
    @1theresamcvean - Today is the day for Phase 2, hurray! I wonder if it will really feel that different?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words @Cafelelia and @sleepymom5. I am doing great overall. My food is still not quite dialed in. I feel like I need to do drastic steps to force it back in alignment. But instead I am trying to go back to packing nutritious snacks and meals to think about nourishment vs. weight loss. I have to say I feel great. My body is definitely toning up. But we all know how easy it is to keep going up. I am working on it!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @freeglerock Love the pictures of your garden and harvest!! Nice loss this week also!!
    @sleepymom5 LOL I don't think I've ever managed 3 servings of beans! But I have been better about including them in my diet. I like meat/dairy/eggs too much which is why I strive for only 50% of his recommended daily dozen.

Tuesday check in

Daily goals
    10,000 steps/day ✔️ 16,251 steps
    30 minutes of exercise/day ✔️ 45 min dog walk; stacked firewood for a while which I think seems odd with it being so hot but we went through a ton over the winter and both wood sheds need to be replenished. Hubby splits and I stack... that's our arrangement. I fell off my strength training wagon so hope stacking firewood makes up for it :smile:
    Pre-log food and eat according to plan ✔️ On Track for the most part although I did have a handful of tortilla chips. I was craving something salty and it was taco Tuesday after all!
    3 days of 14:10 IF, 2 days of 16:8 IF and 2 non fasting days (TBD & Sun) ✔️ 14:10 IF
    50% of Dr Greger's daily dozen ✔️ 19 of 24

Another good day yesterday. I had big plans for today but woke at 5 am feeling horrible. Managed to water the garden and am struggling to complete my 16 hour fast. Otherwise its likely to be a couch day in the AC :( I'm hanging onto the 160's by my fingernails. Not sure what tomorrow's weigh in will look like... I have my food planned but I tend to eat crappy when I don't feel well...
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    artq1j6j2k4t.jpeg

Can you believe we are in the last week of June for our challenge! F2F July registration is now open! Please consider posting this link on your wall and circulating among your MFP friends:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801389/july-2020-f2f-registration-for-new-members#latest
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 4
    PW: 201.0
    CW: 203.0
    +2

Definitely have a lot of work to do.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Holy cow it's Wednesday! That snuck up on me.

Username: GingerPwr
    PW: 134.8
    CW: 135.5
    LTD: 29.5 lbs?

Well that's not the direction I wanted, but it's not too bad. I know I've had some salty and fried foods the last few days, so I need to clean it up some this week.

Today was an adventure. I had some constant chest pain yesterday, which I thought was probably gas, but still felt some tightness and discomfort today, so I called my doctor. They were like, "go to the ER." So I did. Four hours, an EKG, several blood tests, and a chest X-ray later, they let me go. No heart attack, and no blood clots, so WHEW! Gotta go for a stress test next week.

The funny part was this: The alarm on my heart monitor kept going off because my resting heart rate was in the low 50s. Both nurses and the doctor called me an "athlete," because I have such a low resting heart rate. I was like "I'm no athlete" and they asked how often I did cardio exercise.
    "About 4 times a week"
    "What type of exercise?"
    "I either jog or do Hiit"
    "Yeah. You're an athlete."

Aaaaanyway, now that I know I'm in good shape I'm gonna go humiliate the hubs in ping pong.

I skimmed through everyone's posts. Everyone hang in there. Remember you're worth the effort you're making!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    @sleepymom5

You're right, I did do better when I posted more often. It seems when I fall, I really fall.

I do seem to do better with more accountability. I'm going to do my best to post more.

I'm really glad I have the appointment with the trainer too. I saw he posted something about having a 28 day challenge so I'm going to ask him what that is about and see if I can get involved in that as well.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Freeglerock
    I'm glad the gym is opening too. I'm sure it will be hard since it's been a while but it probably will come back sooner than I think. Can't wait for my appointment tomorrow afternoon.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I just stopped by to say that I finally got on to the site. I couldn't access anything on the app or desktop for hours until just now. I had so much I wanted to say to so many of you and will do that in the morning.

Until then, I wanted to share an article that really resonated with me. I thought of many of you when I read it. A few of you are experiencing your parents suffering due to a lack of adequate infrastructure in the healthcare system and I suspect it's not just in North America. I found this article gave me hope. If not for our parents, perhaps for us. It's not about the healthcare system but about preparing ourselves for old age.

A quote: Ideally from birth, we should prepare to live to 100 – George Leeson.

Let me know what you think.

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20200520-can-the-centenarian-olympics-help-you-live-longer?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Clicks&utm_campaign=Wellings

:blush:
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in...actually don’t have time...more later!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    06/24 steps 8057
  • ProfDawnLee
    ProfDawnLee Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Profdawnlee
    Weigh in day: wednesday
    Week 1: 140
    Week 2: 143
    Week 3: 143
    Week 4: 143

Plateau still. My dinner time is my problem area. I have a tendency to overeat, eat too fast, not eat mindfully, take seconds, too big portions. I feel rushed often around dinner time trying to finish up working from home, getting food on table and then dealing with the constant up and down and up and down grabbing things for family, dealing with picky eaters, toddler tantrums, and just exhaustion from the day of work and mom life. I would love some strategies to deal with dinner time stress beyond just prep ahead of time. When I prep ahead of time it helps immensely but it isn't always possible.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    9z1ydh79cdeu.jpeg

Check in for Wednesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-over 64 oz
    Exercise-60 min walk, PT, strength and stretching

I am at the shore! I wanted to post this picture last night but wasn't able to get on MFP.
    I do have to run and pick up a few things so I don't have much time. Today isn't going to be too relaxing but if I get everything I want done today, I can relax all weekend. I should be getting my bike back today too. We are meeting family for drinks at an outdoor bar. I am going to drive so drinking won't be an issue. I will have one when I get there and that is it. I actually don't think we will get in. Nicole and I agreed that we won't go in if it is overcrowded. It should be fun but I am not sure if it is worth the drive over. It is a tiki bar on the water so if everything works out it should be fun. Time to get going! Have a great day everyone!

@Cafeleia I have a few different bands and covers for the face. I had to do a lot of trail and error to get one I liked. I forgot about the nice cream, I have to look up that recipe again.
    @Mrsbell8well I know you will figure this out. Maintaining isn't easy I hear, you will find balance.
    @podperson1 Thank you, I am so glad you are on our team. You are a very supportive member too.
    @tryingagain5 I know you are going to get back in your groove. Things are slowly getting back to normal and hopefully you can start falling into a good routine.
    @GingerPwr I am glad that everything checked out with your chest pain. That must have been scary. I think you do some killer workouts so I am not surprised you would be considered an athlete.
    @KUMEcyclingteam That's pretty cool! Fun and an awesome workout too! I love that your Mom still has to warn you not to fall off your bike! Lol!
    @1theresamcvean This site is frustrating sometimes. I book marked that article to read later.
    @ProfDawnLee That is a hard time of day, especially with little ones. You have to make a plan for that time of day. Make sure you have meals planned. I know that you don't want to hear it but prepping really helps. If you can't find time to prep, buy things that are already prepped for you. Bagged salad, chopped fruit and veggies. They cost a bit more but are worth it when you don't have the time to do it yourself. What are the toddler tantrums from? Being hungry? Maybe feed them first so you can relax and be mindful of your dinner. If you are starved too, maybe eat some cut up veggies while you are preparing dinner. I really think if you try to find a solution for each issue that you have, dinner time can go a lot smoother. Hugs!
    @melaniescott Thank you. It has been a long time and it was time to step down. I am glad to stay as I do love this team. I hope you start feeling better soon. Hopefully you don't have to go on the medication.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 149.9
    Today's weight: 149.3
    Loss to date: 28.1

This is taking a long time but I'm happy anyway. I think that as Pam @sleepymom5 says, it takes longer at the end (I have 7.2 pounds to goal), and Kristy @xX_PhoenixRixing_Xx confirmed that muscle is denser and weighs more. I think I'm more excited about toning up than anything. My main goal is not to coast or stay happily here. I would really like to get to goal. I set a reasonable one for my age and it was a weight I was very happy with in my 40s.
This discussion has been closed.