WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,071 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Challenge! Review and Reset. Mixing up the challenges from June and making sure the ingredients get made into something you're going to keep using. Enjoy!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801194/june-week-4-challenge-review-and-reset#latest
  • bburrer30
    bburrer30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Daily steps
    June 14th: 15,856
    June 15th: 13,467
    June 16th : 13,816
    June 17th: 8,695
    June 18th: 2,973
    June 19th: 13,699
    June 20th: 7,069

This week was my off week. It wasn't too bad over all just very emotional. I was able to get in 14.50 miles , I almost made it to 15 miles. I am keeping the same goals this week and trying for a better one .
    My goals for next week are:
    1) 82 oz of water
    2) min of 12,000 steps daily
    3) 15 miles of hiking
    4) 3 days strength training

We did have a great father's day even with everything going on. Grandma was back in the ER this morning thankfully she didnt have to stay. Her tube that's draining her kidney keeps getting blocked . Thank you everyone for letting me vent when I need to.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    06/21 steps 8092
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

4rcrjmurt30k.jpeg
    Congratulations to @Twyla77, @kirsten11872 and @bburrer30 for being at the top of the team’s weight loss in week 3!!
    Congratulations to @twyla77 for making the F2F Honorable Mentions!!
    Way to go!!!

• Cafelelia
    Options

fmxckj5pnvdz.gif

Week 3 Step Challenge Winners

1. @JillyBT - 81,107 steps
    2. @Cafelelia - 77,948 steps
    3. @Timibotkin - 77,076 steps

Together 7 team members had 506,338 steps this week!!
    Congratulations everyone!!

• Cafelelia
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Food - on target
    Water- 1.8l
    Exercise - 30 min yoga, 8491 steps
    Good day yesterday and I am so pleased that my husband had such a nice day. Well, it is the last week of school with 4 days left. My younger son already had his first tantrum of the day about the work assigned. He is almost 10 and too old for tantrums, but after so long in lockdown, I can’t blame him. I am just going to go easy on the kids this week. If the work gets done, it gets done, and if not, that’s ok. I finished my first week of the Fitness Blender program. I chose a 2 week one just to see how I would like it. I am enjoying it so far and am still standing! @gingerpwr - Thanks for recommending it!!

@sleepymom5 - So happy that you had such a nice Father’s Day for Jim!
    @bburrer30 - You did great for such a challenging week! Hope that your grandmother is doing better.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Welcome to week four. I read somewhere that if we have one positive thought in the morning, no matter how brief, it sets us up for a more successful day. Sometimes it's pretty hard to do.

Right now, I'm sitting at my desk with noise-canceling headphones on and it's not even taking the edge off. The sidewalks and road right in front of the house are being completely ripped up and replaced. It's not just noise though, it's shaking the house. For the next three days, I have so much really difficult thinking work to do on the launch of the new company. It's now I wish the coffee shops were open. I'd ride my bike down someone else's perfectly smooth new road to another neighbourhood and work in one all day.

Speaking of riding my bike to another neighborhood - and here's my positive thought for the morning, I visited with my daughter early Saturday morning and we walked through a laneway to get to that big park I ranted about last month. (They have distance circles in the grass now, so not scary.) I notice this vignette.

Toronto is now so populated and real estate is out of this world. Not long ago laneway housing became legal in places that used to be garages or workshops and things like that. This scene made me feel like I was on vacation in Europe. The building this row of homes is behind is a very upscale clothing store in a destination shopping area. Such hustle and bustle (when it's not Covid time) and then this.

:blush: Here's my positive thought for the day. I almost can't hear the complete destruction right in front of me.

ksa6csfmhwlh.jpg
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Congratulations @twyla77, @kirsten11872, @bburrer30 for leading the group with your losses last week! Well deserved all three of you. You've been working hard despite everything going on around you, which can be empowering.

@timibotkin Even if your steps were down, slinging gallons of paint on a ladder sounds like a HIIT workout - cardio and arms. I agree with Pam. Don't let the scale get you down. You've maintained so far this month and this could be your week.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Whoa! Not bad at all is right. You had a great week and are having a fantastic month. I hope the migraines stay away this week. You deserve it.

@KUMEcyclingteam Steady losses remind me of marathon or cycling training. It's the steady ones who sneak up and take the lead.

@JillyBT I'm so happy you maintained with all that's going on around you. It sounds like a lot of extra work but I bet you feel better knowing that your parents will have much better caregivers. It's going to help you a lot with a strong line of communication and will be such a relief to have caregivers who get to know your parents well. One of the biggest things we must change coming out of Covid is the infrastructure for the care of our older parents, particularly high-quality care in their own homes. My mom's main desire was to stay in her home but in October wound up in hospital and now a nursing home. She is coping and safe but biding time.

@annliz23 Wow! I can relate to grandchildren wearing you out. I missed my two so much for the three months in lockdown that when we saw each other for the first time last week, the first thing I noticed was how big my almost-three-year-old granddaughter had gotten. She also seemed a little nostalgic and wanted me to carry her up the stairs several times. Good thing I've been doing that boot camp. And then my grandson just learned to walk, so is falling down and getting into danger, and I'm down on the floor crawling to keep him safe. When they left I had to lie down. Happily though. Congratulations on being a pound down.

@CassieGetsFit2013 Outstanding comeback! I know it seems confusing but must feel great too. I also suffer from depression and have since I was a child (rare but sometimes happens). One thing I learned somewhere along the line is that having a sense of control over something helps you feel like you're in the driver's seat. Even though controlling the condition is so elusive, having control over something else that's healthy really goes a long way. So does routine. I weigh myself at the same time of day, every day, and still, it goes up and down like a yoyo. The average weight trend (I learned that from all the statistics on the news lately about Covid) is what I look at now. Yours is great!

@Freeglerock I just want to move to your village. My apologies if it's bigger than a village, or a cliche, it's more idyllic for me this way. I know in reality they're probably digging your road up right now too. LOL

@lennoncpa Thanks for dropping by just to say hello. That made my Sunday evening.

Also, thanks everyone for all the nice comments about being captain. I'm sure it's going to help me more than you and I feel bit selfish about that. But I promise to try to do a good job.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    9epmhf7rl3vz.jpeg
    @1theresamcvean - We are officially in Phase 2 as of Wednesday!!!! Patios and hair salons are now a go!
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @Cafelelia OMG!!! My son just called and I'm making us a reservation. I cannot wait to hear from my stylist. I'm so happy! My daughter works for the Distillery District Restaurant Corporation and they're going to have lots of tables and a way to order from your phone and a food runner will bring your food out. Sophisticated. She'll be so busy this week as she is a marketing and HR director because those things are closely related there. Oh, happy day!!! For those not from TO who would like to see it a bit of the Distillery District and one of the restaurants, and some of the work my daughter does in marketing, have a look at this. I am somewhere in this video my hair is curly, not straight like my picture here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVy84xPOG-M&feature=youtu.be
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    t5fzxry05siv.jpg

Haaaaaaaaaaapy Monday everyone!

@sleepymom5 You are a total rock star! You deserve a break, and I'm glad you're staying on the team while you focus on prioritizing yourself and your family. You are amazing, and thank you for being such a great co-captain!
    @1theresamcvean Congratulations and thank you for stepping up! You're going to be wonderful, too, and together with @Cafelelia I'd say our group has the best captains in the entire Fat to Fit community!

The pic above is just as much a reminder to me as to anyone else, that when we set our goals, we need to outline the steps we'll take to reach them. I've gotten a bit lax over the last few days, so I needed to refocus myself today.

Goal: Lose 5 lbs by July 11.

Steps:
    1. Drink 80 oz of water a day
    2. Better clean eating plan
    3. Exercise 6 days per week

Everyone have a magical Monday!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean thanks! I am feeling really good! :smile:
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 glad you are still going to be on the team! You have been a great captain! I know I do not have the time to dedicate to being captain. I do not blame you.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hello Team and Happy Monday!!

Its a much welcomed warm and sunny day here. We had 5 days of rain and I still managed 98,925 steps last week. I'm so over the rain! While my garden seems to prefer rain water to well water, it really needs heat so I'm happy it actually feels like summer.

Being back in the 160's makes me feel so good and slender. I've been planning my food ahead of time and doing surprisingly well sticking to my plan. I'm normally a don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today kind of person but I have a major case of what I'm callig covid-crastination (is that a thing? LOL). So I'm finding if I set myself a certain time limit, I'm much more apt to get that task or chore done. Yesterday I gave myself one hour to clean our hardwood floors. I've put it off for so long that it ended up taking longer than 1 hr but I got it done. Taking a few minutes to plan my food, exercise and a couple of chores each day seems to be working well.

Goals for this week
    10,000 steps/day
    30 minutes of exercise/day
    Pre-log food and eat according to plan
    3 days of 14:10 IF (TBD), 2 days of 16:8 IF (wed & sat) and 2 non fasting days (TBD & Sun)

Let's have a great week everyone!!
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I did a thing yesterday and purchased a one month plan of weight watchers. I thought maybe if I’m paying for something I’ll be more motivated to follow the rules!

@lennoncpa I would be such a foster fail!!!! He is just so stink in’ cute!
This discussion has been closed.