Replies

• WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    PW: 257.4
    CW: 257

Had some additional stress this week as well as creeping up on ToM. But a loss is still a loss.
  • CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed last week - we were on a trip and I just forgot. I will have my weight posted this Thursday.
    CharlesScott78
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Yep, agreed about keeping things weight loss related, and sorry for my part in taking things off rails :) it was still good motivation-wise to do a little privilege check to give some perspective to my problems.

Today was good - I had a lunch meeting that ran longer than planned and I had a busy schedule in the afternoon, but instead of skipping gym altogether I just did less than planned.
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Weigh in Monday
    Curvybaja75
    PW. 172.4
    CW. 172.2
    The lazy days of summer is here and it is starting to show in my weight loss. Hope everyone have a great day.
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know that some people is uncomfortable about speaking about the current unrest that is going on. We all have a story to tell and how are you going to motivate me to be healthy and loss weight if you don't want to hear my story that is all part of the package. They are not asking to take side just to listen. This is what this team should be about just a shoulder to lean on in tough times . I may not experience what you are going thur but I am here if you need someone to talk to. Empathy it goes a long way.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Hey guys. I know 2020 hasn't been friendly to anyone but let's keep this a chat about being healthy, weight loss and motivation. There's tons of group forums for other areas of discussion.

Julie and Beka (you're awesome captain's)

Thank you
    Lesson learnt. A month in to working as a landscape gardener and I have put on another 8 pounds. It turns out feeling cream crackered at the end of a tough day working does no good if you stop tracking your food and eat crap. That is a full stone on since lockdown began. TIme to switch MFP back on!

Great to have you back! I need to be 'properly back's too.....

first full day at work today since 18th March. Excited but also forgot the organisation that goes into packing food for the day! Hoping to get into more of a routine, but just 2 days this week.....

Was determined to log everything today... until I just ate brekkie and weighed none of it. Must do better!!!!!

Happy Tuesday one and all.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Lesson learnt. A month in to working as a landscape gardener and I have put on another 8 pounds. It turns out feeling cream crackered at the end of a tough day working does no good if you stop tracking your food and eat crap. That is a full stone on since lockdown began. TIme to switch MFP back on!

Glad to have you back!!!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I know that some people is uncomfortable about speaking about the current unrest that is going on. We all have a story to tell and how are you going to motivate me to be healthy and loss weight if you don't want to hear my story that is all part of the package. They are not asking to take side just to listen. This is what this team should be about just a shoulder to lean on in tough times . I may not experience what you are going thur but I am here if you need someone to talk to. Empathy it goes a long way.

This is a group. There are options in the group to create those types of chats. Yes, we all are on different roads but it was brought up by more than one person, and not just in here that the political types if items and various other things defer from people wanting to be involved. If you want to create something like that outside of this particular chat, you are very free to do that and link to it.
  • boehle
    Options

Between my son graduating high school, him moving out and my grandma passing this past week... the scale was not pretty to me this morning. I just need to suck it up and get back to what has become the new normal
  • boehle
    Options
    Show me what you're eating today
    c7pisd0towtv.jpg
  • Beka3695
    Options

Too late!!! It’s in my belly!!!

For lunch I had a chicken salad wrap. I made chicken salad with a rotisserie chicken, celery, grapes and just enough mayo to moisten it. Yummm!!!
  • boehle
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

For lunch I had a chicken salad wrap. I made chicken salad with a rotisserie chicken, celery, grapes and just enough mayo to moisten it. Yummm!!!

you had me until Mayo lol
  • hipari
    Options

you had me until Mayo lol

I don’t know why, but mayo is one of the grossest foods I can think of. One time I tried a recipe that included mayo and the smell almost made me barf. Oh well, one calorie-dense temptation less for me lol
  • hipari
    Options

No pictures, but dinner was great: a super yummy pizza with bacon and fresh avocado, a glass of rose wine, and the company of a good friend out on a terrace. The pizza calories are total guesswork, but it’s pretty safe to say I’m still at a 1000 calorie deficit. Turns out, walking around town with realtors to view different office spaces takes the day from work to workout!

It felt like a workout too, it’s been super hot and humid all day and I was absolutely drenched in sweat just from slowly walking a couple hundred meters. There’s supposed to be a thunderstorm tonight and I hope there is, maybe that will clear the air a little.
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Iamworthy14
    Monday’s
    PW 161.6
    CW 163.8

Left over carbs from daughters graduation party that I may have had a few too many. The ritz /club crackers won back on track this week!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    What do y’all use in place of Mayo? Greek yogurt would not work in this situation. A mild mustard??
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    wu33ybq73wpo.jpg

First full day back at work was celebrated with an impromptu dinner out. It was delicious
  • hipari
    Options
    What do y’all use in place of Mayo? Greek yogurt would not work in this situation. A mild mustard??

First you have to explain what you use mayo for (lol), I can’t imagine putting it in anything so I can’t really say what I would replace it with. For a wrap I’d probably use sour cream, but specifically the 12% fat kind. Here in Finland we reeeaally love sour dairy products, and there are 3 distinct products that all translate to sour cream in English. The highest-fat product is about 40% fat (still nothing compared to mayo at up to 80%), and that one is ”special occasion” stuff. The middle one is 25-30%, and the one I use for ”everday” cooking is at 10-12% fat for regular and 6% fat for light version. The light version is not good in my opinion, it feels like they took the flavor out along with the fat.

I hate mustard too (yep, I’m picky), for marinading the chicken probably just a little bit of olive oil with spices, herbs, garlic, and/or citrus juice.
This discussion has been closed.