SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Was there a week 3 challenge? Did I miss it.?
    Everyone have a great day.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    boehle wrote: »
    Show me what you're eating today

No pictures, but dinner was great: a super yummy pizza with bacon and fresh avocado, a glass of rose wine, and the company of a good friend out on a terrace. The pizza calories are total guesswork, but it’s pretty safe to say I’m still at a 1000 calorie deficit. Turns out, walking around town with realtors to view different office spaces takes the day from work to workout!

It felt like a workout too, it’s been super hot and humid all day and I was absolutely drenched in sweat just from slowly walking a couple hundred meters. There’s supposed to be a thunderstorm tonight and I hope there is, maybe that will clear the air a little.

I wish I could have avocado. I have learned in the past few years that its in the same family as bananas, which I am allergic too :(
  • boehle
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Show me what you're eating today

Too late!!! It’s in my belly!!!

For lunch I had a chicken salad wrap. I made chicken salad with a rotisserie chicken, celery, grapes and just enough mayo to moisten it. Yummm!!!

you had me until Mayo lol

I don’t know why, but mayo is one of the grossest foods I can think of. One time I tried a recipe that included mayo and the smell almost made me barf. Oh well, one calorie-dense temptation less for me lol

I am very much a consistency type of person.
    No Mayo, No cottage cheese, no yogurt... As picky as I am, I shouldn't weight what I weight lol
  • boehle
    Options
  • boehle
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    What do y’all use in place of Mayo? Greek yogurt would not work in this situation. A mild mustard??

Yesterday on my plate was a horseradish mustard that I am obsessed with.
  • boehle
    Options
    What is everyone having/had for their Morning meal?
    I am having cucumbers and garlic hummus, and had 2 cups of coffee.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 158.0
    CW: 157.6

I finally seem to be moving in the right direction; a 1/2 lb away from my first goal that I set for myself! 💥💥💥💥Yeah😘😁

Way to go Laurie!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Good morning
    Was there a week 3 challenge? Did I miss it.?
    Everyone have a great day.

TBH - as one of the moderators of this group, we are struggling to come up with new, original challenges. I will get with the other 3 mods and see if we have something in the pipeline.

If you have challenge ideas PLEASE send them to me!!!!
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17
    PW: 226
    CW: -do not wanna put this but it's the truth- 230.6 YIKES.

I am shocked. I weighed in more than once, same thing. Yes I did overdo some things over the weekend - it was hot and humid, so ice cream, haha - but I am like SERIOUSLY?! I don't even know what to say about it.
  • KittyInBoots17
    Options

I had one cup of coffee after what I saw on the scale. LOL. I don't normally eat much for breakfast anyway but that's just me!
  • KittyInBoots17
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Also for mayo sub - I too, do not like mayo, but not cuz of the consistency... for me it's the eggy taste. I don't like eggs. The smell, the taste - I actually get a gaggy feeling. Lol - but I do use Low Cal Miracle Whip. You can even mix it with a little yogurt and it will still taste like Miracle Whip. I love that shiz, ha!
  • boehle
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17
    PW: 226
    CW: -do not wanna put this but it's the truth- 230.6 YIKES.

I am shocked. I weighed in more than once, same thing. Yes I did overdo some things over the weekend - it was hot and humid, so ice cream, haha - but I am like SERIOUSLY?! I don't even know what to say about it.

I am up several pounds as of this morning too... Life gets in the way sometimes. Just have to keep moving along. This isn't a race, this is a journey
  • Curvybaja55
    Options
    My breakfast this morning avocado, boil egg and tea.
  • Curvybaja55
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Oops wrong group.

• samuel860
    samuel860 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Samuel860
    Week 3, Tuesday
    PW: 203.4 lbs
    CW: 204 lbs
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options

I had 2 gluten free waffles and blackberries
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Also for mayo sub - I too, do not like mayo, but not cuz of the consistency... for me it's the eggy taste. I don't like eggs. The smell, the taste - I actually get a gaggy feeling. Lol - but I do use Low Cal Miracle Whip. You can even mix it with a little yogurt and it will still taste like Miracle Whip. I love that shiz, ha!

@KittyInBoots17 - you missed the convo last month about our love for eggs. 🤣🤣
  • Beka3695
    edited June 2020
    Options
    fx6oudh7ageb.jpeg

I found this graphic on Instagram yesterday and thought hmmmm…
    I decided to add my stats to this just to see the breakdown.

What this graph means:
    TDEE - Total Daily Energy Expenditure --total calorie burn for the day
    BMR - Basal Metabolic Rate - the calories you would burn in a coma
    REE - Resting Energy Expenditure - same as BMR
    NEAT - Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis. This is the calories burned grocery shopping, for example.
    TEF- Thermic effect of food, aka the calories you burn from eating and digesting
    EAT - Exercise Activity Thermogenesis. This is focused exercise.
    NREE - Non-Resting Energy Expenditure. The sum of NEAT, TEF and EAT

Ok my stats...
    My BMR/REE 1651, so my others should be
    TEF: 165
    NEAT: 248
    EAT: 83
    NREE: Sum of the three above 496
    AVG DAILY BURN 2147

Yesterday was pretty much a rest day. My Fitbit counted 4,569 steps. I did walk several laps around the house just to get moving a little. I made dinner and obviously helped with the baby... According to Fitbit, my calorie burn for the day was 2200.

My take away from this:
    If I am super lazy my body will burn 1816 calories on its own.
    If I am having a 'rest day' it should burn 2064 -- pretty darn close to yesterday.

If I am putting 1500 calories in my body each day, I cannot expect a 3 lb weight loss per week. One pound is way more accurate unless I'm killing it with EAT aka exercise!

This is just additional data to help me understand the process better... and I love numbers!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    It's time to celebrate June 18th! This week's challenge is only today - so hop right on over and join the party
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10800761/special-day-june-18th-celebrate-for-the-heck-of-it-challenge#latest
This discussion has been closed.