SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Hi team! We have a returning challenger. Please welcome back @KittyInBoots17
  • Beka3695
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Did some food prep today. In the spoiler below is lunch for the coming week. Ham/onion/pepper frittata. I also made bacon wrapped cabbage wedge and baked chicken.

Ready for the week to come!!!
    b0xrrfodwwm1.jpeg

I am still waiting on the bacon cabbage pics and recipe. I don't think you texted it back yesterday or I missed it lol

I didn’t photograph it. It is simply a cabbage head cut in 8th then wrapped in a piece of bacon and baked. You will need to cover with foil or add some water to the pan or it will dry out. I prefer it to be a little crispy, so I add water to “steam” it
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @peachplace whoa, a burpee challenge... Kudos to you, burpees are so hard I hate them with a burning passion! I’d love to be fit enough to not hate them though. Inspired by you, maybe I’ll try to do a few once you share that challenge ;)

I went to the gym today and tried to do a proper workout from the training program my trainer has designed for me. It was really hard, I had lighter weights on every exercise than last time, and I still couldn’t finish the workout. I still did my best, and my butt is definitely feeling it already.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Returning members, please welcome the new members to the team!!!

@Remaincentered
    @Curvybaja55
    @PeloMichelle
    @KittyInBoots17 --returning from hiatus
    @mwirebaugh
    @kilobykilo -- returning from hiatus

If I missed someone - please let me know.

Welcome to the team! Feel free to tell us about yourself :)
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @hipari so I totally hate burpees as well. But being they are a key component to spartan runs I need to be able to do them.. I’ll try and post the challenge later today.. and I’ll try and post my progress as time goes on.

I know how you feel after the gym. Did a yoga Saturday and my muscles were on fire... I have to focus more... I was supposed to go for a walk/run today.. woke up to late and my littles were up.. there goes that.. gonna have to wake up extra early tomorrow to try and get a work out in before work.
  • hipari
    Options
    @peachplace let me know if you stop hating the burpees as your body gets used to them :smiley:

I'm glad I went to the gym yesterday and got a decent strength workout in. Now I have two days for the soreness to go away and to just go for walks that don't mess up with my muscles, because on Thursday I get to both go for a little adventure and be social! We have a Summer Party event at work, I haven't seen my colleagues in person in almost 3 months, and we have some physical activity planned as well. We're going to a rope course adventure park, so social distancing is enforced by everybody being harnessed to the rope course and not being able to get too close even if we tried. Then we have dinner catered to a large tent within the park, so that's outdoors too.

I'm super excited for this event and getting to see everybody, but writing this I started feeling bad for being excited about something as mundane as a work party when there's brutality, riots and violence happening elsewhere and affecting some of you directly. I hope real change in power structures and protocols is achieved and everybody can peacefully move on to a changed and better future.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I'm Kate, a Brit living in central Portugal. I'm 35 and have always been overweight/obese and usually unfit. I'm probably in the best shape of my adult life just now and got to my lowest adult weight during this challenge last year..... I'm maybe 10lb off that at the minute and probably somewhere between 20 and 30lb from my end goal. I was 218 at my highest and vow never to see 190 or above again but seem to be very happy living in the 180s.....!

I'm crawling back after falling out with my scales a few weeks ago.... before I hid them away I was 182.5 despite my last weight on here being 178 something I think. Last week I had a sneak peak and was happy to see 184. A mini gain for the mindless snacking and reduction in exercise as the temp soared and my motivation plummeted.
    Then, my first truly free weekend out and about came and turned into eating all the things and drinking ALL the things. I didn't date weigh in yesterday or at the weekend as I should have done but faced the scales today and the figures are in:

Username -Kilobykilo
    SW June - 186.4
    Weigh day Saturday

I'd love to have gone down in May and now be 10lb lighter..... but you get what you deserve and need to take what you get. Soooooo here goes.... I'm going to be a bit hard on myself this month to really get back in the groove.

Let's see how long that lasts!

Happy tuesday everyone!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Daily check in june 1st

Yesterday was a hangover day. Could have eaten all the foods but managed to stick to plan despite not making it on here to log....
    Had scrambled eggs for breakfast, low fat cream cheese and chutney toast with salad for lunch and a gorgeous homemade roasted veggie pasta for tea. Drank gallons of water and got 18000 steps in.
    Also had my appraisal at work and found out my job is safe but restructuring within my team will start today 🙁

Today's goals:
    Get back to logging
    Work up a sweat
    Finish work at 1730 as I have a killer day tomorrow and need to work on balance.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    @WishfulThinning18 I can’t even imagine the stress, fear, and frustration you’re experiencing right now. Do what you can for yourself.

We did pretty awesome last month! I think a twofer is definitely in order. I haven’t done much official exercise the last week but boy have we been doing lots of yard work. We live on 3 wooded acres and it quickly becomes a jungle. Lots of tree trimming, pulling weeds and scrub, laying 50 bags of mulch, digging flower beds, planting the garden, etc etc.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and happy 2nd of June.
    Today my son picks up his diploma. This makes it all so official.
    I am going to start weighing my self daily again to get my in the correct mindset of watching what I take in.
  • hipari
    Options
    Evening check-in, and thanks @boehle for saying out loud it’s 2nd of June :smiley: I would have forgotten to pay my rent (due today) if you didn’t write the date. Life is so monotonous these kinds of things keep slipping from my mind because there’s no rhythm to anything.

I have mixed feelings about today. I did good food wise and hit my deficit, but instead of having a productive work day and taking a walk I took a nap, then worked until 6.30PM, and spent the rest of the evening on my couch eating dinner and watching Netflix while answering to more work messages on my phone.

Right now I kinda feel like there’s no balance that would stop me from going all-in obsessive about my steps, deficit, eating etc. Usually there’s a struggle between balancing everything in my life, but since most things have stopped existing, there’s really not a lot of interesting stuff or variety fighting for my attention. I’m returning partially to the office next week so I hope that will be a good-sized distraction: not too big to derail me, but enough to keep my mind in a non-obsessive place.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Hi crew!
    I have been struggling a little this week. It started Sunday - I could have eaten the corners off the house. I’m guessing that was due to a very eventful, active Saturday. Monday rolled around and we opted for Chinese takeout. I had that for dinner again last night. It is gone now so maybe my struggles will cease, too. I told my daughter that I felt like I needed a vegetable 🤣 We are planning veggies with a small serving of pasta for dinner.

I am currently weighing up 0.6 from my official weekly weigh in. I am trying not to stress bc I know Chinese is loaded with sodium.

Here is to a better day today and a loss for the week!!!!
  • ScottyTheGent
    ScottyTheGent Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good morning community, my name is Sterling Scott. I also go by Scotty. Looking to be consistent this summer. I binge eat a lot which cause led my weight to fluctuate, and slowing creep back up. I’ve gone from 230 to around 190 4 times in the past 6 years. Looking to get down to around 185 by the end of the summer, AND MAINTAIN this time around. Looking forward to the journey with everyone
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in
    PW: 158.8
    CW: 159.2

Up slightly, but it could be b/c I had some pizza last night and I'm sure even though it was GF and veggie, probably still loaded with sodium as I have to keep going to the bathroom this morning- lol😜
  • samuel860
    samuel860 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Samuel860
    Week 1, Tuesday
    PW: 203.8 lbs
    CW: 205 lbs

What can I say LOL
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. My son got his diploma yesterday, we transferred his car into his name and then he went and got new plates for the car. I am truly an empty nester now. WAHHHHH!
    I weighed this morning and exactly the same as yesterday (but still up from last week). BLAH
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I am back and ready to go again! Thanks for giving me this "second chance". This whole virus thing threw me off track. I've been trying to get back to it but I think I really needed the break.

To re-introduce myself, I am a 34... 35 next month - UGH. LOL! I love baking and cooking, gardening and anything to do with animals. I was at 267 when I started, andd once down to 187 but am currently 226.2... This is what happens when I don't count cals, ha! But anyways this site truly works for me and I know it, I just need to stick to it. So let's do this!

Happy to see old and new members! And thanks to Beka for your positivity and encouragement to restart. I really appreciate it!!! You guys are awesome!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    n9gia7mc9dge.jpeg

Sautéeing veggies for DAYS!
This discussion has been closed.