MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I’m very excited. This is the first time I’ve been happy to step on the scale in the last two weeks because I know it’s going to be a loss. It’s always amazing to work hard and see something happening.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- over
    Exercise- arm seated cardio, resistance arm band seated
    Water- great! Just dawned on me today with all this focus on eating too much I've gone without Diet Pepsi cravings for a week

Cardio 30 minutes- did around this
    Weights- arm resistance
    Yoga/core- none
    Recipe- I had a really cool Moosewood tofu recipe with a second recipe inside of it for a sauce but was already doing bad when I harvested the Thai basil for the sauce that I gave up and just did an easy tofu marinade and added garlic, ginger, and some of the Thai basil. My herbs are growing super fast, I need to make more recipes with them but it's hard to prep everything sitting down. Can't wait for heirloom tomatoes! My cherry heirloom tomatoes are all doing well but I want to get the big fat ones from Trader Joe's for Caprese salad in a month or so.
    Steps- 7000

Totally negative paragraph so I deleted it. Need to spend some time working on the garden but haven't been able to lately. Have some tomato cages to make and lots of herbs to harvest, plus some critters are daring to pick on my plants. Not sure how I'll do it plus it's in the 100s right now.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options

06/04
    Check In : mrmcgrath
    Day 6/3
    Weigh in : week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 191.9
    Today’s weight: 191

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under?over
    Macros: little off
    Exercise:🚶🏻‍♀️stretching

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    7208 steps. 7200 goal steps
    3.11 miles
    2572 burned calories
    25 active
    78 sleep score
    62 resting heart
    1278 calories consumed

Basic Goals
    Workout minutes:🚶🏻‍♀️stretching
    Complete food diary: 🥙
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: 🍌
    Meet fiber in range:👎🏼
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc.📚🧘🏻
    Breathing exercises:🌬
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours bed 🛌

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester soon
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive

Hope you all have a good day
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Your walk sounds like a delight for the senses! Sometimes the best things cannot be recorded but enjoyed in real life, as it should be!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, I'm very excited and eager to get back to work, even if it is just part-time for now. I do love it! I think 21 hrs 2 mins is a very long time, pretty much 24 hours so give yourself some grace! You kicked yesterday's booty!!!

@raleighgirl09 Yesterday was a hot day for us in CA, too. I had a hard time falling asleep. :( That's such a bummer that you couldn't go on your ride but wine on the deck sounds like a nice consolation prize. :) I hope you are able to get your inner tubes and go on your ride today. *GOOD LUCK* on the job!

@Katmary71 lol! I'll see if I can think of any others. Oh, here are two things: you have to make tortilla chips in the air fryer! Take 6 corn tortillas. Cut them into quarters to form triangles. Spray them with cooking spray. Put seasoning of your choice on (you can put just salt on, or you can put things like taco seasoning, or nutritional yeast and smoked paprika and salt etc). Air fry on 250F for 7-9 minutes. The chips tend to fly around so if you have a wire rack that you can put over the chips, it is best to put it over them while they cook.

@Katmary71 One more: if you like french fries, it makes the best frozen french fries. Place the french fries in the basket and air fry at 400F for about 15 minutes tossing halfway through (keep an eye on them because you may need to take them out sooner or leave them in longer). I bet pizza rolls, lean pockets and bean and cheese burritos would all be good in the air fryer. I can understand why you wouldn't want to be back in bed. I really admire you for being able to do all the activity that you do.

@Katmary71 That's fantastic that you've gone without Diet Pepsi for a week! Congrats!

@mrmcgrath Great day! Have a fantastic Thursday.

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stick to eating plan, 52+ oz of water
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Oops!
    Just realized I forgot to weigh myself this morning...my friend dropped off her dog for us to look after super early & it threw my routine. I will check in a day late tomorrow!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! Just a quick check-in today. I spent most of the day at work with my staff getting things ready to reopen at the end of the month. We are making a video to show the church what to expect and there were many, many retakes that had to be done. :grin: I did pretty well on my eating today and drank all my water. It was a rest day from working out. Tomorrow is weigh-in and I'm hoping for a decent number but we will see.

June Goals: 6/4
    1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 19 hrs. 23 min.
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) Rest Day
    3. No sugar or afternoon snacking No sugar/No snack
    4. Track all my points and get a blue dot 30 points
    5. 120.oz of plain water 125 oz.

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 682 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 1 weigh in Thursday (04Jun2020)
    Previous weight:185.1
    Current weight: 179.5

Woohoo! Some water and some actual weight and I'm pretty happy about progress! It's been 7-8 weeks since I've been under 180 so I'm going to continue to be vigilant, I'd like to get past the point of fluctating myself back into the 180s so I need some buffer to feel completely confident. But I'm on the right track!

Good day today: water over, cals under, 2 walks in the 'hood. Did I tell y'all that I was caught in a downpour while walking one day last week...? HA! My shoes were filled with water as I trudged home, phone in my pocket under my shirt and me holding it out so the water ran down the fabric and didn't drip on the phone. It was crazy - but kinda fun!

@AustinRuadhain thanks so much for the kind words and you have given me a light bulb moment! We *have* to be our own best coach. We need to be as straight forward, but with as much respect, as we would be with others. We need to try to help this person who is working toward a goal and be their best friend. I think we need this from our internal source, in order to accept it from any external sources.
    @cherrymajoni great day yesterday!! Loving that you were checking in and hitting the bedtime goal at the same time!!! :D:D:D
    @bethanie0825 I am the same - some competition can really help me put in some extra effort! Ugh on tom gains...just when I thought it was safe for me to get back in the water (stopped having tom), I started having water retention in the heat - so frustrating!
    @Katmary71 I have been thinking about you on and off all day!! I hope you can get some relief and until you do - I'm really hoping for better and bearable days. Your tofu sounds amazing, it's one of my favorite things to eat - low cal, low sodium, high protein and so versatile. I don't know if you've ever done this, I actually did it by accident. I was oven roasting cubes of tofu I had dried really well before cutting and left it in the oven too long and it became....a snack. Really tasty to just pluck some out and munch as I was doing other things - not really crunchy but dehydrated and chewy. It was very simple salt and pepper with olive oil. Funnily enough - I've never done the beans in my instant pot. The olive oil adds a creaminess and luxuriant mouth feel that is very satisfying so I keep it because it adds very few calories per serving and I usually have a half cup on top of scrambled eggs; very filling breakfast! Oh, and I just can't past a lima....just can't.
    @mrmcgrath great day yesterday!!
    @trooworld thanks for the good vibes! I'll be talking with the actual company on Monday - super exciting! Congrats on being called back in - ya know, going back part-time first may make a really nice transition back into the swing of things, let us know how it goes! I seem to be squared away for the bike tires so I'm hoping to join my friend tomorrow (fingers crossed!)
    @lexabeep zowie, that is an awesome weigh in!! I am so happy for you and I know it's a great confidence booster! Agreed....it's such a good feeling to know you're giving it everything and that things are happening! I know I won't have that every week but there is a magic when you can physically feel the difference even before stepping on the scale... =>
    @TeresaW1020 WOOT for a great eating and water day! You must be so excited for the re-opening and I think it's pretty amazing for all of the staff to be working so hard to make it easier on the congregation - very loving to include the extra touches to ensure it's as smooth as possible for everyone!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    2020shih wrote: »
    Grrr sorry guys I have not been on plan at all . feeling a bit better today so lets hope I can turn it around.

@2020shih it's ok - it's a one step at a time journey. I think there's a popular belief that it's really hard as you get to the end of losing weight to maintenance but I disagree. Truthfully, it's much harder to take the first steps, even if it isn't your first time taking them. It takes a lot more effort to put one foot in front of the other on day one than at any other time - but you can do it. I bet you have done hard things many times and you can do this, too. It's ok when we make mistakes or backslide - we can learn from it every time so that the next time......we have more tools in the tool belt and a little better idea of how to go about it. <3

Is there something in particular that you could benefit from, within the group? Sometimes it helps to use this forum as a sounding board, or as a deep well of experience and a willingness to share. Let us know some of your challenges and questions and maybe we can help out...? Or just vent - and get it off your chest. Tell us what you're up to and what hurdles you're facing. =>

We've all been at day 1 - I've been there so many times I can't count them all. Just keep after it - you can accomplish anything one step at a time.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @lexabeep Way to go, that's a great drop in weight!

@TeresaW1020 How exciting that you're opening soon! It'll be weird to have a lot of changes, no more coffee and doughnut holes for the kids, but it'll be nice to be back there in person. I hate to admit this but I HAVE kind of liked foam rolling during the music though. Something tells me I should have never admitted that, lol! It's right in the middle of my workout time though!

@raleighgirl09 Awesome loss in weight! Love your walking in the rain, you're hardcore now! Hm, I don't remember ever having eggs and beans together, where have I been? I bought fava beans today at the farmer's market but plan to boil those. I thought I'd never bought them before but kept having deja vu, I'd bought them from the same seller a few years ago and asked her how to make them then too! Wasn't the most balanced day but the farmer's market and talking with farmers/gardeners was the best thing that happened to me in awhile. Anyhow, beans in the Instant Pot, the only ones I'm not that happy with is black beans, I need to try them longer. I stopped at Grocery Outlet to buy junk food after a lousy appointment and almost squealed when I saw something I haven't seen since quarantine- dried garbanzo beans, woohoo!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 258
    Todays Weight: 258
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Calories- over
    Exercise- arm seated cardio, seated "6 pack" abs

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- none
    Core/yoga- abs
    Recipe- not really
    steps- about 8000

Had my doctor's appointment today and didn't go the best. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great. I stopped at Grocery Outlet for junk food and ended up being 75% healthy. I want to try stuff like pizza rolls and tater tots in the air fryer but they only had 5lb bags, even at a decent price I couldn't do that to myself! I also don't usually get a lot of packaged food plus a lot of brands are off-label so I wasn't sure what they were and shocked by calorie counts, it helped a lot! I was still in an evil mood when I got home, I decided I wasn't going to sit around and make myself miserable and might as well do something I like if I was going to be hurting so I went to the farmer's market. Yeah, bought some fun produce, have 8 new plants that somehow got into my bag plus had someone to talk organic gardening with for awhile, and since my ice cream was lousy I bought a single-serving baked good that I haven't even eaten yet but it was the best thing I've done mentally in awhile. Had no desire to eat everything when I got home though I did drink a cup of Diet Pepsi, but not a whole 2 liter! Not craving that either, maybe I'm turning a corner. Weird day, the doctor's appointment reminded me I'm in this alone and shouldn't count on others and the farmer's market reminded me I'm part of a community.
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 @Katmary71 Thanks guys! I’m really happy to see that change. I will be honest in that I noticed a pattern the last time I lost and my body seems to be following it again. If your a woman you can guess that it has to do with hormone levels. I read a long time ago that the week leading up to can cause a natural boost in metabolism. I took advantage of that. :). I’m sure the weight will be coming off much slower from now on for me.
    Im super excited each time so see everyone’s goals being met. I also can relate 100% for those that had a rough week. It’s nice to have a team and keep up the work everyone.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71, What a day you had yesterday! I’m sorry that you felt alone but glad that you were able to find community at the farmer’s market. It also sounds like what could have been a terrible eating day ended up being a very good day with a minor, and I would say much-needed indulgences. Enjoy your baked good! <3 I think it’s totally fine to foam roll during church! DH does Sunday school on Zoom and but that has now become my workout time. Plus, I don’t want to put on make-up if I don’t have to. :grin:

@lexabeep great weigh-in this week!! B)

@raleighgirl09, Yayyyy on your weight loss this week!! That is a great visual of you walking in the rain trying not to let your phone get wet. Glad you had good humor about it. :grin:

Good morning team! TGIF! :grin: I was happy to see the number on the scale this morning. I was hoping for more but down is down! Tonight is my weekly planned indulgence night and I am making spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, and red wine! I’m not gonna lie. I LOVE wine! :D I do plan to do really good workouts this weekend, drink my water, and see how far I can push my fasting. The plan is to have the scale lower on Monday than it is today.

What are your plans for this weekend?

eutgp87jwvb7.jpg

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Official weigh-in

My daily weight was much lower but I always post my weekly average as my official weigh in since the scale fluctuates daily. I didn’t handle my stress very well this week and it was my downfall. Oh well...we shall see if next week is any better.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 (((( SKINNY VIBES )))) for a good weigh-in today! Well, I see you didn't need my skinny vibes, congrats on your loss!!! Enjoy your planned indulgence. My planned indulgence is the night of weigh-in, too (tomorrow night) lol. It's going to be Mushroom Cheesesteak Sandwiches! I don't have big plans for the weekend. I will probably go for a walk or two with my husband and the dog but that's about it.

@raleighgirl09 Whoa, what a fantastic weigh-in!!! :D I like walking in the rain so I can understand what you are saying about the downpour lol. Yeah, that's a good point about transitioning back into the full swing of things...I've been out since March 17th so I do need to get reacclimated to working! Have fun biking!!!

@Katmary71 I'm sorry you didn't have a good doctor's visit. Do you have other stores near you or is Grocery Outlet the only option? That stinks that they only had 5 lb bags. That was a good idea to go to the farmer's market, something positive for the day.

Hello everyone! I made something yummy for dinner last night (Vegan Spicy Peanut Rice Noodle Bowl) but it was quite high in points/calories and carbs so I decided since I weigh in tomorrow morning, I won't be having it for lunch today (I usually eat leftovers for lunch). I'm going to have a nice salad for lunch instead. Pasta tends to totally screw with my weigh-ins. We are having falafel with homemade hummus and store-bought tzatziki tonight. I'm really looking forward to it. I think I'll make the falafel in my air fryer. This morning, I'm going to go back to the neighborhood lake and go walking. I might increase my mileage! :)

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: walk in the neighborhood
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: walk at the lake, 52+ oz of water
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Check-In
    THURSDAY: 🟢/🟡
    Overall, it was a good day! Lots of cardio! Big progress on a Scary-Behind Project! 😀
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    Monday Goals 🟢
    - Workout: 🟢 platform stepping during a conference call (15 min); Jenny Ford step aerobics video (72 min); outdoor date walk (56 min)
    - Weights ❌
    Stretch/Yoga ❌
    Martial Arts Breathing 🟢
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scary-Behind-Project #1 - Scouts - Do at least ONE item from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE 🟢🟢🟢
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟢
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Housecleaning 🟢
    FRIDAY Goals
    So far, so good! 😀
    Friday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ ⚪
    - Weights ⚪
    Stretch/Yoga ⚪
    Martial Arts Breathing ⚪
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scary-Behind-Project #1 - Scouts - Do at least ONE item from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ⚪
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Housecleaning 🟢
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @trooworld - 🎉 Hurray for that yummy healthy dinner! And double hurray for planning carefully how to eat leftovers. I love that you have watched how foods affect you, and then planned accordingly! 🔎

@mrmcgrath - Hey there! Looking at the spreadsheet, it looks like you lost weight, just less than you hoped!
    🥳 Woohoo! Great weigh-in! Seriously! As @TeresaW1020 says -- down is down!
    👐🏽 As far as the stress and not handling that well -- hang in there, and keep looking for those better ways to deal.

@TeresaW1020 -- Woohoo! Hurray for being down! 🥳

@KatMary71 -
    For what it's worth, I have had related experiences with doctors and other health professionals. I think of it as their being my hired guns. I can pay them for their opinion, but at a certain point, I know more than they do (I live with this body every day) and some of it's a judgement call. I get to decide. So, for me, an empowering way to relate has been that I am in charge.
    😁 SO glad you had that great community experience at the farmer's market. Your comment about getting fun produce and the 8 new plants made me smile!
    🎉BIG hurray to staying 75% healthy in your food shopping, and to a cup rather than 2 L of Diet Pepsi!
    Your Habits list looks like you had a remarkably good day, with all that going on!

@davors19 - Hurray for holding steady! 👍🏾👍🏾
    How are you doing otherwise? Staying reasonably calm in these unusual times?

@raleighgirl09 - I think you are SO on the money with this comment:
    I think there's a popular belief that it's really hard as you get to the end of losing weight to maintenance but I disagree. Truthfully, it's much harder to take the first steps, even if it isn't your first time taking them. It takes a lot more effort to put one foot in front of the other on day one than at any other time - but you can do it. I bet you have done hard things many times and you can do this, too. It's ok when we make mistakes or backslide - we can learn from it every time so that the next time......we have more tools in the tool belt and a little better idea of how to go about it. <3

And I am super thrilled I said something that is helpful to you. I get so much insiight and coaching, so many ideas, out of your comments here!

@2020shih - For what it's worth, I agree with @raleighgirl09 -- that the taking of the right actions, that "being on plan," is harder at the beginning. Something you might look at -- is your idea of "on plan" too big a change, right now, from where you are?
    (This is coming from someone who started off the journey with steps like "I will not eat a candy yet. Maybe not even until afternoon." It was a scary but manageable baby step for me, to put off eating candy until later in the day.
    Anyway, wherever you are, be kind to you, to that person who is working so hard, regardless of how much better you can imagine doing.

@lexabeep - 🥳 Just to chip in again and say WOW! Congratulations on the great weigh-in! All down is good, and whoosh weeks are extra exciting, even if (because!) they don;t happen every week! So YAY you for doing the work!

@gwamajtw91 - I so sympathize with the disruption to the morning routine. I hope the number's a good one, when you get to weigh in! 👐🏽

Coaching for myself today, and maybe you, too:

82owkofmcbsb.jpg

This discussion has been closed.