MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain, you should talk about me doing fun workouts. I have no idea what it takes to do martial arts, but I’m sure impressed. B) Today, I did Barre Blend core which is hard because my core is the weakest part of me, but I have seen improvement. I also did a 20-minute power walk on the treadmill.

@vegan4lyfe2012, another thing we have in common! I LOVE eschatology! I filter everything I see in today’s world through that lens. I bet you do the same. That is a good thought to abstain from rich food while doing the study. I did my first fast after doing an Esther study and then we had a Purim party. We had so much fun! I sure hope that my ladies can begin a meeting again soon for Bible study. I miss it and them! :)

@deadpheonixrising, it’s the start of week two. Don’t get down on that small gain. I am sure you will get it off this week. :)

Hi Team! Well, today was a good day. I fasted for 21 hours, had a good workout, and accomplished a lot of little odds and end stuff for work. Tomorrow, I’m going up to the church to help my children’s pastor with the end of the year awards for our Awana kids, and then we are going out to lunch. This whole week has me doing lots of little things so I’m going to have to focus on not losing sight of the goals that I have set for myself. Wish me luck!! B)

June Goals: 6/8
    1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day. 21 hours.
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts) 30 min. Barre Blend Core/20 min treadmill
    3. No sugar or afternoon snacking No sugar/no snack
    4. Track all my points and get a blue dot 31 pts. yes blue dot
    5. 120.oz of plain water 128 oz.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    So my weigh in is tomorrow and I'm optimistic! I had my yearly physical this past week and was up 3 lbs from the very beginning of March. Dr told to get back at it. Just joined WW and got the Green Plan. I def need to eat more veggies bc yeah, that really lacking lol
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09, ohhhhh I love where you live, and thanks for sharing that video. I would love to live near all that water! You have totally inspired me with your kayaking abilities and now I want to make that a goal for myself. I have always thought how much I would love to sit that close to the water and enjoy the beauty of nature. I have a friend at church who actually teaches kayaking right here in town. So, it’s not like I have an excuse not to make it a goal. Right? :grin:

@TeresaW1020 20 you know the saying -it's all good in the hood? Well, that's what I apply here. Your kayaking friend, as a lover of kayaking, will keep doing as she does....paddling, loving nature, having fun. The pals she invites will go with her or - or they will not. And she will have love in her heart for those friends....either way. To have such a friend - and one who understands the mechanics (as I assume you mean by 'teaching') is quite an exquisite gift. It's worth doing.

Please go - it is awesome.

As much as I hope this was not a rant - end of rant..... =>
  • raleighgirl09
    Options

@raleighgirl09 Oh my! That location looks beautiful! I am right on Lake Michigan and we have lots of rivers, tributaries and small lakes but I just can't bring myself to go kayaking. I can swim, but I'm still scared to kayak. Two of my friends are always asking me to go with them and my daughter wants to, too. I think I might be more scared of ending up somewhere that I can't get out of. This is what happens when someone watches too many horror movies! Your place looks so serene and picture-perfect :smile:

@vegan4lyfe2012 ya know - Lake Michigan is no joke, no slouch - well worth being wary of. If you have the ability and confidence to go with friends and at least 'shore sneak,' I highly recommend it. We do this in the winter here in NC. Shore sneak with all safety gear....stick close to shore and enjoy the wonders and beauty but be close enough to get to safety quickly, if needed.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »

@raleighgirl09 Thank you for posting the video of the NC coast. My brother lives in SC and is always posting photos he takes of his adventures and it looks beautiful. I don't get there very often but I am due for a trip. It must have been so serene, your kayak trip. I can imagine birds chirping, the smells of saltwater, and the feel of a light cool breeze (or maybe warm?) on my cheeks.

@trooworld the back side of the island (about 40ish % of the trip) was everything you described....warm lush breezes, salt marsh scents, birds calling and squalling if we got 'too close,' to nests (read per bird perspective - we didn't actually get too close), a cool breeze when we felt a bit warm - especially after splashing water on ourselves. The first part was about 25% crappery conditions and a bit of hard work to, plough through but totally expected. Once we were through that, it got easier and easier.

We purposefully started at the point of highest winds and waves. We had the luxury of that due to the way the wind was coming from and when the incoming tide ocurred - in relation to the direction we headed and the complete route. Reading back - this sounds more complicated than the reality, when planning a trip. Simply put - it's an island and roughly a circle - so you just start wherever those things will mostly occur. => Expect crappery because it will happen somewhere and sometime but with planning, you know the hardest sections and can plan accordingly.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options

06/09
    Check In : mrmcgrath
    Day 6/8
    Weigh in : week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.2
    Today’s weight: 190

Yesterday
    WW smartpoints 0 points remaining
    WW fitpoints 8 remaining plus weekly point
    Calories: 1639
    Water: over/under: over
    Macros: spot on
    Exercise: 💪🏻🚶🏻‍♀️

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    9706 steps : 7200 goal steps
    4.11 miles
    2626 burned calories
    39 active
    80 sleep score
    63 resting heart

Basic Goals
    Workout minutes: gym-upper and walking
    Complete food diary: 🥗
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: 👎🏼 need to rethink this. My fruit intake has increased
    Meet fiber in range:👎🏼
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc.📚,
    Breathing exercises:🌬
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours bed 👎🏼

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester soon
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive

Yesterday was spot on with calories,water, exercise and macros but not sleep. My goal is at least 7 hours and I have fallen short 2 nights in a row now. I have been doing more chores in the evening and not taking the time to unwind. I think I will tey to do that tonight to see if it helps.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath That's great! I don't remember if I said, but that's the plan I'm on. I really like it. My sleeps been bad, too, for weeks and weeks. I hate it! I hope we both can get some good sleep soon!

@AustinRuadhain I did have a wonderful walk...see below! ;)

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on a good day yesterday! I hope you enjoyed your work at the church.

@raleighgirl09 So you were rewarded with the backside! That's good you started with the part with the highest winds while you had the most energy.

Hello everyone! I had a wonderful walk yesterday: I parked near a large park in a part of town which is one of my favorite sections because it has a lot of good restaurants and coffee shops and is always full of people/good for people watching. I set a goal to help me walk longer: IF I walked up to this one road and made a right and walked up further, I could reward myself with a sit-down coffee from one of my favorite coffee shops. I really, really wanted this reward so I knew I would walk this far and I did! It was the first time I had actually sat down anywhere for any type of food or beverage.

Monday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: walk somewhere, 52+ oz of water
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, I definitely see through a lens of eschatology. We are twinsies!

@raleighgirl09 I would definitely stick to the shoreline...but I wouldn't go on Lake Michigan. I think I'd have to tell my friends we have to stick to the Paw Paw River or St. Joseph River (throwing those names out there in case anyone's heard of them). I think I will give kayaking a try...after my ankle heals, of course :smile:

@trooworld That is an awesome goal for your walk! Yay!

So here's my update from last night. Remember how my daughter said she was going to abstain from rich, indulgent foods with me during the Bible study? Well my how quickly she forgets. She came home from work and plopped down across from me in the living room with some Hudsonville vegan ice cream. I looked at her and was all like, "Are you serious?" I told her it made me mad that she would do that and if she felt the need to eat it, to take it to the kitchen or eat it before she comes in the house. I wanted to scream! I held steady, though, and did not ask her for any of it. She bought a flavor I don't like anyway. I ended up over calories, but only by just over 100, so still less than maintenance.

Stand firm today...drink you water and eat your veggies!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in
    Calories- under (yes!)
    Exercise- arm weighs, seated arm cardio, yoga

Habits
    30 min cardio done
    weights- done
    yoga/core- done
    recipe- hm, guess the tofu but it was an easy marinade
    steps- 12,500

This is pretty funny but I think a trickster is picking on me at this point. I said yes to going to my brother's house for dinner but was hurting pretty bad and will never let my nephews see me in so much pain. It's only a few mile drive, I to improve my mood I cranked my music and rolled down my window. I was in the turning lane and felt something wet on my leg, I got out of the car and looked and a bird must've flown just right to hit my door right where it would drip on to my leg.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 199
    Todays Weight: 199
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

EGADS. @TeresaW1020 I had a slip up by a whole bottle last night! A drink before dinner on a day of low hunger and light eating and....dang - the 5 glasses of wine just slid right down, no problem! Aside from that bad decision came the bad decision to raid hubby's stash of trail mix at about 1am! Whuuuuuuut? Good grief. Aaaaand moving on but grumbling to myself... =<
    Up to that point, yesterday was a great day for water, cals, exercise and sleep - all on target until wine-oh-puloosa. Today has been really good as well - water is going to be over, food has been really good but sleep was interrupted and at about 4.5 hours (thanks, overindulgence) so I am tired. Another low hunger day so probably will be low on cals and trust me - no alcohol. {{{{shudder}}}}

@AustinRuadhain – so I think I am doing well with the habit tasks to form the habit of taking away the power I choose to give the scale number. I find I am not saying #3 out loud, that just feels strange to meso I think I’m ok to just think it. And I am working #6 all throughout the day. Like today – I was thinking about what the number might be on my weigh in day, Thursday. And might SS still be at the same number I have seen 2 days straight and will that be accurate and then it’s a gain and then, and then, and then – I said HEY!! These are just negative thoughts that I don’t have to believe. I can let them float on past and not give them any more power than I am willing to give the scale….just let it go and the bubbles in my fizzy drink just kept on going to wherever they go - peacefully. And I was happy to just move on to other thoughts. I love the bubbles analogy! =>
    1. Remind myself that the scale is a thing, a tool - no more and no less
    2. Tell myself something positive about my actions, food and exercise from the day before
    3. Say out loud "the number is data, not a definition of me as a person"
    4. Step on the scale like a regluh Joe - once
    5. Get off the scale with an acceptance of the number and record it in Fitbit
    6. Acknowledge negativity if it snarks up in my brain but then remind myself that this is just a habit thought and I don't have to believe it
    7. Drink coffee

@Jactop awesome maintaining!!
    @Katmary71 holy crow - that is horrible! Something about bird poop being on me is so much of an eek out, I bet you were pretty grossed out!! And yeah - you wuz totally punked
    @vegan4lyfe2012 rivers are amazing for paddling, so much wildlife to see and the vegetation is usually pretty amazing, no matter what river you're on... => Looks like a great day for you and a victory over ice cream! I find that, in general, folks are not doing something against me when something like that occurs, more that they are doing it for them and may not be taking me into consideration. I know this will sound counterintuitive but - it makes for a less stressful food world when we can be ok with what others choose, even if it isn't what we're choosing at the moment and we'd really kinda like to have that thing. It's definitely rounding a really prominent corner, to be able to truly feel that way, but getting there does make a lot of things so much easier. Just food for thought, so to speak... => I have a much more broad explanation and reasoning but I don't want to come across as preachy - if you would want me to expand on the thought and how to begin getting there, I would be happy to share - but I don't want to just impose my views not knowing how you feel about having them shared. :D
    @trooworld man, isn't that first place you go for something after the isolation such an amazing treat?? And you really stretching your personal limits to get to that goal is just awesome, YAY for that amazing walk!! You are so on target for your goal of 76 more – you can do it!! Yes, a significant loss does change life in many ways – and in so many others ways…..nothing changes. It was a head adventure for a long time and every now and again I experience something even now that is a wowser and reminds me from whence I came. It feels less traumatizing now, though. For example, it used to just freak me out that folks would heap compliments or exclamations about how much I had lost, how different I looked, etc. It’s easier now – but isn’t it strange that it was such a hard thing to endure? I had to work through a lot of mental BS to be on this side of it. Wow – that scale looks amazing! I have a digital one I got for free here at the coast but the aggravation may be worth spending some money to avoid, right? =>
    @mrmcgrath wow, other than sleep - what an amazing day! And really great stepping, way to go! I hope you get terrific rest tonight
    @TeresaW1020 girl, was I ever thinking about you and your Friday TODAY! I never set out to drink too much but it sometimes sneaks up on me! I haven’t been feeling too terrible, just like the vertigo thing when I bend over – I was glad to see you got past it and have had better days!
    @digger61 sounds like some fun times are about to happen – wooooHOOOOO!!!! Where do you guys take the camper? I’d love to see pics of your fun and happy places!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    A bit of a request - I don't think this is a challenge, per se, but I'd love to hear about and see some of where our SlimFellows are, for anyone interested in sharing! It was fun for me to think about the group while I was kayaking and take pictures and think about what to share about my little slice of heaven here in my home state.

Where in the World Are YOU??? B)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 do you mean specifically the guys? If you mean everyone I'm between Folsom and Sacramento in CA.

I remember clicking the rant link a couple nights ago to check it out, I somehow managed to reply to everyone, do my daily update, and rant about my doctor's appointment to all of you but on that thread. I figured you guys were tired of hearing about it when no one responded, no wonder there were so many new members to our group! This is a perfect example why I stopped taking IT classes! Thank you for your response @Jugar !
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In

Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 237
    Current - 235.8
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @ :D:D raleighgirl09 do you mean specifically the guys? If you mean everyone I'm between Folsom and Sacramento in CA.

I remember clicking the rant link a couple nights ago to check it out, I somehow managed to reply to everyone, do my daily update, and rant about my doctor's appointment to all of you but on that thread. I figured you guys were tired of hearing about it when no one responded, no wonder there were so many new members to our group! This is a perfect example why I stopped taking IT classes! Thank you for your response @Jugar !

@katmary71 no, I meant all of us fellow Slimpossibles - classic example of me thinking I am funny! HA! For anyone who wants to share about where they are, I'd love to read about it and see pics like @trooworld shared. => Wow, I'm not even sure how something like that even occurs, clicking on one thread and posting to another...? It doesn't take much to stretch me to my limits of technology and I wouldn't even know where to begin to know that had even happened, let alone how it was accomplished.

Ok, so funny story. I went looking for your post about the appointment and was thinking I was an idiot because I couldn't find it and how could I have missed it...? And, just now realized that was your point, it isn't here.... :D:D:D So now I know the part I put in italics was misunderstood by me - leaving it right there to illustrate my point....SHEESH!!

And now I am wondering how the appointment went...? I remember this one was just a jumping point to a better one via referral but I'm hoping you got that and that appointment will be soon and not be delayed. =>
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Check-In
    MONDAY: 🟢
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    Monday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟢
    - Weights 🟢
    Stretch/Yoga 🟢
    Martial Arts Breathing 🟢
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scary-Behind-Project #1 - Scouts - Do at least ONE item from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE 🟢🟢
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟢
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Housecleaning 🟢
    TUESDAY Goals
    So far, so good! 🟡/🟢
    I am going to really push to get everything else done, but Scary-Behind-Project #1 is caught up!🥳
    Tuesday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ ⚪
    - Weights ⚪
    - Stretch/Yoga ⚪
    - Martial Arts Breathing 🟢
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scary-Behind-Project #1 - Scouts 🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢 I am caught up! This project is at 100%!
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ⚪
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Housecleaning ⚪

@Katmary71 - And I wondered why you were quiet! 😹 I'll go read that update on the Rant Thread.
    🥳

@raleighgirl09 - I am glad you are recovering from wine-oh-puloosa.
    I am so glad the bubbles image spoke to you! It did to me, when I heard it from someone else, years ago! And I adore how you said it, being happy to let the bubbles do their thing and move on to other thoughts!
    HEY!! These are just negative thoughts that I don’t have to believe. I can let them float on past and not give them any more power than I am willing to give the scale….just let it go and the bubbles in my fizzy drink just kept on going to wherever they go - peacefully. And I was happy to just move on to other thoughts. I love the bubbles analogy! =>

@bethanie0825 - Woohoo! What a great weigh-in! 🥳👍🏾
    @Jactop - Woohoo! Way to go, staying in Onederland!

flvciy7sqaf4.gif
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In

Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 237
    Current - 235.8

@bethanie0825 Fantastic weigh in, so happy for you!!! :)
  • cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Am not really one for great rants but here goes, so yesterday I had planned to start my week 2 coach to 5k run. Intention was to do it at 7am and be ready for work at 8am but at 4am my toddler came to our room. 😩 I took him back to bed and told him to sleep then I closed and locked our door. He came about 10mins later and found the door locked and went back to his room. But at 6am he came back again and this time he lingured around our door so my husband went and opened the door and let him in our bed.

😠😠 My husband and I have a deal unless he's crying and in clear distress we don't open the door and he needs to learn to stay in him room. So I was pissed coz I have been woken twice now and now he's in our bed. Of which he spent about 30 mins moving around untill he slept. So it was now closer to 7am time for my run but I was just to drained to go.

I keep telling my husband we need to stick to schedule!!! Does he listen no and get this he is the one who will spend the rest of the day complaining he didn't sleep well while I'll just get on with things..

Action plan

In the event we have night time disturbance I need to ensure I have a evening run instead. But I have been sticking to my goal of 10k steps a day.

Also be more insistent that the baby doesn't come in our bed.

Today am not doing any fast and I don't think I will rest of the week but definitely still taking calories
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    A bit of a request - I don't think this is a challenge, per se, but I'd love to hear about and see some of where our SlimFellows are, for anyone interested in sharing! It was fun for me to think about the group while I was kayaking and take pictures and think about what to share about my little slice of heaven here in my home state.

Where in the World Are YOU??? B)

Texas
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Thanks! :) Way to stay strong against that ice cream! Woo hoo!

@raleighgirl09 It was!!! Thank you! I'm sure it was an adjustment when people gave you compliments/talked about the weight loss. It's something that will be weird for me. I can't imagine it. Yes, it may be worth spending the money to get rid of the headache of that #$@! scale! lol Your request: I'm from San Diego. It is totally hot here right now, a heatwave so to speak: yesterday, it was 92F at 4pm. My husband and I just bought our first condo last spring. We live on a canyon which sounds pictureque (and sometimes is) but we deal with some homeless people coming through to walk into the canyon which can be sketchy at times. But in the mornings, when it is slightly foggy and the sun is coming up, it can be beautiful!

Tuesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stick to my points budget, 52+ oz of water
This discussion has been closed.