MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - June 2020

Options
Cafelelia
Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
wdo5s620k649.jpeg
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers!

Here is your Team chat room for June 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:
Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
Downsizers - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am soooo glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of the Fat2Fit moderators and your Mission Slimpossibles captain along with Mark (@broncobuddee) who takes care of recording our weekly weigh-ins. On Team Mission Slimpossibles we also have three incredible motivators, @AustinRuadhain, @raleighgirl09, and @Katmary71 who work very hard to keep the conversations going and are always willing to give advice and support!

Here are some of the things you can and need to do as a member of the team:

1) Weigh-ins

It is VERY important that you follow the following format for posting your weekly weigh-in so that @broncobuddee can easily find and record your weight for that week. If you need a break for a week or more then please tag one of us so that we can move you to our support team.
    Tip: I keep my weight in an excel spreadsheet and then I can copy-paste right into a post on my weigh-in day. It's easy and also gives me a great visual record of my progress.

Username: (Your MFP username)
    Weigh-in week: (The week you are entering your weight for ex. Week 4)
    Weigh-in day: (The day you weigh in each week. Sat-Fri)
    Previous Weight: (The last weight you entered)
    Todays Weight: (Your weight on your chosen weigh-in day)

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage and hope that our team members will participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. Remember the purpose of joining a group like this is not only for accountability to a weigh-in but also because working towards our goals helps when we are surrounded by like-minded people. We are stronger together!!

3) Monthly Step Challenge

The Slimpossibles Step Challenge uses the website Fitrockr to track your steps and put us all in a fun competition. @AustinRuadhain is the moderator for our step challenge and will post the weekly winners as well as reminders to sync your data if needed. To join click the link and follow the directions to set up a FitRockr profile, connect your fitness tracker. Join Fitrockr

NEXT, JOIN THE SLIMPOSSIBLES CHALLENGE ON FITROCKR by going here (you'll need to log in or be logged in to FitRockr):
    Slimpossible Step League
    If all went well, you will see the message "Congrats! You just joined the following league: Slimpossibles Weekly Step Challenge"

Once You Are Set Up, you can view the Slimpossibles Step Challenge league at any time using this link, Slimpossibles Weekly Step Challenge
    You can also download the Fitrockr app for your iPhone or Android and keep up with your personal profile and your team challenge

3) Habit Tracker
    Fat 2 Fit has an awesome Habit Tracker on the main page. It will begin fresh each month and you can choose up to five habits that you want to work on. Then it’s up to you to go into the habit tracker each day and check off the habits you have completed.
    “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” ―John C. Maxwell

4) Monthly & Weekly Challenges
    We love challenges because they help us stay mindful of our goals and they allow us to get to know each other better! We will post challenges for the entire Fat2Fit group to do together as well as challenges for just our team. These challenges will always be voluntary.

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I'm 54-years-old and live in Georgia. I'm happily married to the love of my life. I also live with my mother and our little fur baby, Maggie Mae. I am the ministry assistant at my small church and love every minute of it.

I’ve struggled with my weight most of my life and have lots of ups and downs but I will NEVER give up!! Right now, I do WW online and work out to Beachbody on Demand workouts and use my treadmill. I also have been doing intermittent fasting for over a year and really enjoy how it makes me feel.

As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. <3

OK…your turn to share!

v1unwu0dgt6v.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,040 Member
    Options
    A new member will be arriving shortly! Please welcome @doutri2 and help them get all set and ready to go. Thanks!
  • lcloopy
    lcloopy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...I'm another Newbie here! I've tried MFP several times and hoping this challenge and you guys will keep me motivated. I'm 57, live in Maine, married, my hubby is in the Coast Guard and we've lived all over the country. Our 17 yr old daughter will be off to college in the fall (depending on COVID-19 conditions). I'll be an empty nester soon so it's time to focus on myself! Short-term goal = lose 20 lbs by my birthday in Sept. Excited about this challenge and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions along the way!
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Members. My MFP name is Doutri2 and you can see my bike that I used to compete in triathlons with- sprints and minis. I live in IL with my husband and two teens. I run cooking classes and birthday parties for kids, based around cooking and cupcake decorating. I am a former FACS teacher and now a substitute teacher
    With the onset of the pandemic in March, I lost a lot, meaning my job as a sub, my cooking classes and my roller derby workouts. I also lost some motivation to stay fit and healthy too.
    I joined this challenge to stay motivated and keep me accountable. Good luck to everyone.
    P.S. I sprained/strained my ankle last night during a long walk- not just once, but twice. So, today was a low step count day for me.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @doutri2 welcome to the team!

@lcloopy look forward to getting to know you!

@doutri2 Oh my gosh, you were really hit hard, I'm so sorry for all the changes you've been through. That really sucks about your ankle, I hope you're not in too much pain. I do chair/seated workout videos right now, it's been a struggle to keep working out between no gym and my body giving out on me but I'm fighting to do what I can if you need any recommendations! Now the important question, is there such thing as a good, low calorie cupcake? I took the Wilton cake decorating classes, if I'd gone any further with it I'd be huge as I love frosting!

OK, I'm not feeling the greatest but the last few months I've just reposted my first month bio. I'm 48 and live in CA with two adorable cats (can't believe I just went there, such a crazy cat lady now). I was disabled for years from nerve damage issues from back problems/surgeries and a pelvic surgery gone-wrong. A couple years ago I was diagnosed with depression, went off most of the hardcore meds I was on, and started walking in water. Last year I decided with diabetes, fatty liver disease, chronic pain, and being obese I was done with killing myself for another year. On Jan 2 last year I started using my never-used recumbent bike, completely overhauled my diet, and lost the rest of my 100lb gain from my last back surgery/quitting smoking, got off diabetes medication, and have been maintaining. I started the gym last May and added in weights and more cardio. December I started doing body weight exercises, core stuff to help strengthen my back, and yoga. With COVID I turned into a YouTube video queen, I was actually making it a lot of fun but my nerve issues are back worse than ever and I've been cutting what I do more and more each day, last few days I've taken completely off and didn't even have my Fitbit on today. I've been pretty straight-on, even on vacations I've gotten gym memberships or walked so doing nothing is kicking my butt as a lot of the working out is for mental health though yoga and weights have made a huge difference in mobility. I'm definitely the worst I've struggled the last few years, I've had bad days here and there but this is definitely my longest stretch of struggling. Not the most uplifting intro, sorry!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories- over
    Exercise- none
    Water- actually this area I did great in!

Habits
    Cardio- none
    Weights- none
    core/yoga- none
    recipe- nothing new
    steps- maybe 1000? It's been hooked up to the charger all day, I don't even care to look at it. It's no fun when you're trying to NOT walk.

Not the best day, sorry gang.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    8fke316qdfqz.jpg

Good morning Team!! Wow, we have so many new members who are joining us in getting fit and healthy! :grin: I am so glad that you are here and look forward to getting to know you. We work hard to create a community, which means we want you to share the good, the bad, and yes...even the ugly. I encourage you to post often because I know from experience that staying connected will help you on your weight loss journey. But it's also OK if you only post once in a while. We are a no-pressure group. :)

I don't know about the rest of you but I am going to dig deep this month and get some weight off!! I have already filled out the Habit Tracker and have posted a reminder on the front of my computer to check it every day! I always seem to fizzle out BUT NOT this month!! B)

My goals for June are:

1. Clean fast a minimum of 18 hrs a day.
    2. Workout 30 minutes or more (housework counts)
    3. No sugar and afternoon snacking
    4. Track all my points and don't go over my weeklies (use my Fitpoints first)
    5. 96.oz of plain water

I encourage you all to use the June Habit Tracker

ooankp37zgxv.jpg

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thanks! <3 My walk at the lagoon was really, really nice. It was 6 miles roundtrip and there were quite a few people on the trail but not so many that it was too crowded. I went with a retired co-worker and we saw a bunny and some birds but that's it for wildlife! It was nice to hear the birds chirping which I chose to concentrate on rather than the freeway noise which could also be heard. Thank you for pointing me to Creative Mornings, I've never heard of them but it looks really interesting and right up my alley! I've signed up for one of the events and hopefully will sign up for more. :) I am sooooo stoked to be edging up on the 220s! Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't thought about that! :)

@doutri2 I'm sorry you lost so much in the pandemic. That's a lot to lose. I wanted to say that my secret dream has always been to join the roller derby, but I'm far too fragile healthwise to join now lol. Welcome! <3

Hello new members! I'm in my 50s. I live in CA with my husband and spoiled rotten pug. :) I'm currently furloughed but I don't know for certain if my job is going to call me back, it's very worrisome. I'm on WW, I've been on WW since March 1st but have actually been on WW many, many times lol. I always go back to WW because it's what works for me. I have my struggles but I'm trying to push through them to come out on top and keep going. Welcome!

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over by 1 point
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: rest day
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: walk with the dog and husband, 52+ oz of water
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 what are fitpoints?
  • Cafelelia
    edited May 2020
    Options
    f806msft42c9.jpeg
    tvze99ouriks.png
    5fn9dwyo4582.png88qcp888odf1.png

WEEK 4

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.45%
    2nd Downsizers 0.32%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.28%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 21.7 lbs
    2nd Downsizers 16.2 lbs
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 11.1 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @RaisedToRamble 3.65%
    2nd @Twyla77 3.57%
    3rd @Gidgitgoescrazy 2.30%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @RaisedToRamble 8.6lbs
    2nd @Twyla77 5.0%
    3rd @metonymicalinsanity 4.4lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @apple852hk
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @guitargirl55
    @jmbrown11
    @Be_theBest_Me
    @lindamtuck2018
    @Emmajhare
    @suzyjmcd2
    @kirsten11872

vdzai03x5na4.png
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    gciu2dvvlka1.jpg
    tvze99ouriks.png
    kerb36ef00sr.png
    h54tc78sh5yo.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 1.28%
    2nd Downsizers 1.13%
    3rd WaistAways 1.06%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 62.3 lbs
    2nd Downsizers 57.4 lbs
    3rd WaistAways 49.1 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @WishfulThinning18 5.87%
    2nd @samuel860 5.65%
    3rd @metonymicalinsanity 5.30%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @metonymicalinsanity 16.8 lbs
    2nd @WishfulThinning18 16.2 lbs
    3rd @samuel860 12.2 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Angemarie28
    @kyfrancik
    @jmbrown11
    @eggfreak
    @missGYST
    @mrsjhardin
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Freeglerock
    @unevano

fpzbe26o47lj.png

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    doutri2 wrote: »
    Hello Team Members. My MFP name is Doutri2 and you can see my bike that I used to compete in triathlons with- sprints and minis. I live in IL with my husband and two teens. I run cooking classes and birthday parties for kids, based around cooking and cupcake decorating. I am a former FACS teacher and now a substitute teacher
    With the onset of the pandemic in March, I lost a lot, meaning my job as a sub, my cooking classes and my roller derby workouts. I also lost some motivation to stay fit and healthy too.
    I joined this challenge to stay motivated and keep me accountable. Good luck to everyone.
    P.S. I sprained/strained my ankle last night during a long walk- not just once, but twice. So, today was a low step count day for me.

@doutri2 - Welcome to the group. I am so sorry for your losses. 👐🏽 It's great that you are now up for working on your fitness and health. 👍🏾

laafc60f5mo7.gif
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    @TeresaW1020 what are fitpoints?

It's a Weight Watcher thing. I get what are Fitpoints for working out and can use them towards my daily point count. I use them first instead of the extra weekly points to help motivate me to make my indulgences worth it. ;)

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    OK Team!! We struggled last month, but we are in a brand new month and I believe that we can shoot right to the top in June!! Let's make it our best month of the year!! B)

3g2tph676qzn.png
  • gberin
    gberin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Username: gberin
    Weigh-in week: week 1
    Weigh-in day: Sun
    Previous Weight: 188
    Todays Weight: 189
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,040 Member
    Options
    WEEK 1 Challenge is UP! Send your folks on over for an easy and practical one -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798612/two-magic-numbers-challenge-week-1-june#latest
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Howdy, Slimpossibles!
    Welcome to all our new members! Hurray to all our returning members!

I'm Austin, one of your three Team Motivators! Along with the super-fabulous @Katmary71 and @raleighgirl09 , I work with our fearless Team Captains @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020 as needed to help keep this wonderful group humming along!

I joined Fat2Fit well over a year ago, part way through my journey, and find this group to be super helpful and supportive. I have lost over 130 pounds since I buckled down on losing weight (January 2018), and have reached a healthy weight. I am now working on to build muscle and maintain/improve my fitness. I study martial arts. For cardio, I love walks and step aerobics, so you'll hopefully see those activities on my check-ins. I love to read up on things, and have studied habit building* and nutritional science** as I have worked on losing weight and getting healthier. Every body and every person is different, and I have enjoyed learning more and engaging in the kind of science experiment of figuring out what works for me. Making it happen has been and is still all about developing new habits for me, so I am a big cheerleader for our Fat2Fit Habit Tracker! (Actually, track habits any way that works for you and I'll be excited, but the group tracker lets you do something other people on the team can see, and I think there is real power in that!)

Hello, June! Here we come!
    5lopxdb4dnrg.gif

* If interested, check out the work of B.J. Fogg (professor at the Stanford Behavior Design Lab)! One of the people who took his class at Stanford used what he learned to invent Instragram. Fogg has a book called Tiny Habits, which I love. If you want to reprogram your health and fitness habits, the Tiny Habits system in this book is super simple and practical and unexpectedly (to me) fun. Fogg's team has a weekly free Tiny Habits course to help you build new tiny habits to make your life better! If you get at all interested, though, the book is even better.

For inspiration on habits, see also the work of James Clear (author of Atomic Habits). His talk on How to Get 1% Better Every Day was particularly inspirational to me. He kicks it off this way:
    "So if you were able to improve by 1% each day for an entire year... you would end up 37 times better at the end of the year. And if you were to get 1% worse, you would whittle yourself down almost to zero."
    I just love that message -- you don't need to change something huge to reach your goals. Start small. Keep making small changes. Persistence will get you there!
    36lbnjnx73x9.jpg

** If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-based site nutritionfacts.org, as a great place to start.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    WEEK 1 Challenge is UP! Send your folks on over for an easy and practical one -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798612/two-magic-numbers-challenge-week-1-june#latest

Hey, Slimsters!

Totally do check out our Week 1 Challenge!

If you take it on, you pick just 2 measurable things to concentrate on this week!

Read all the details, and then decide if you will join us!

I have not decided on my 2 things to concentrate on, but will confirm that tonight!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee from the May challenge - not sure, did you see this:
    raleighgirl09
    Week 4 weigh in Thursday (28May2020)
    Previous weight: 182.9
    Current weight: 185.1

Thanks so much for all of the work you do for our team and F2F......UHHHHHMAYYYYZINGGGGG!!!!!! =>
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in
    --> but first the intro!!
    Hi team, both returning and new to the fam! I am Maria in NC, been in the group since July 2019 and am one of the motivators for the Slimpossibles! I have been slightly remiss in that, having lost my job during COVID-19 and having some struggle with working through that. I can say this - we are all, from the organizers to captains to moderators and motivators.....human - but all still in the game. It's ok to be vulnerable and as human as needed because we've all been there and often return just to be sure... => I was once, many years ago, at least 300 pounds and a size 26. I am now at about a 50 pound loss with this go-around since April 2019 and working toward maintenance. Working toward the working toward, as it were. Maybe 20 pounds left. Might I offer this insight....? It being ONLY 20 pounds more does not mean it's easier - however, it does mean that I have a lot of experience and tools in my tool belt to make it possible. Take heart in all you do - each step is one step closer.

The check in! Today was ok - I went over by 265 calories and that was at the end of the day....off-the rails eating. I did get a lot of exercise so it shows green but it was over my 1300 limit. No night eating, as it were, but a hodge-podge dinner thing after a couple glasses of wine and having ditched the dinner plan. Back at it tomorrow! Water was over and steps and exercise were on target/over plan. Sleep was great - and has been really good.

Tomorrow is a new work week of being unemployed and making a job of looking for a job. Kinda sounds like a country song, yeah? =>

Rest well and easy, friends.

Maria
This discussion has been closed.