MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 and @TeresaW1020 Thanks guys, this WW seems much easier to stick with than it was several years ago. My mom lost 9.5 lbs her first week and she said it's waaaay easier than it's ever been.

I love doing puzzles but don't have a space to do any at home right now. We do have one that we're all working on in my center right now. It's Tigger, I'll have to snap a pic of it. The last one we did ended up missing 3 pieces which was infuriating so I know the feeling lol

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    It's time to celebrate June 18th! This week's challenge is only today - so hop right on over and join the party
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10800761/special-day-june-18th-celebrate-for-the-heck-of-it-challenge#latest
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes indeed! :) Wow, your puzzle is beautiful, congratulations on getting it done!

@Jactop That's very sweet of you to offer me the tip, but what's funny is that I did make a small hole in the burgers (so that they wouldn't puff up on top, so they would stay flat) and they still came out like that. I'm just not good at burgers!!!! lol

@AustinRuadhain How frustrating! I'm glad you are back. Your Russian dinner sounds fun. Enjoy! Yes, the Vegan Meatloaf, this is the second time we've had it, it's pretty good. It needed more sauce but other than that, it was good!

Hello everyone! Today is healthy grocery shopping day. I have to go to 2-3 stores to get what I need (hopefully just 2). Dinner tonight is 2-ingredient dough pizza, do you know what that is? If you don't, the dough is healthier than normal pizza dough: it's made of 1 cup self-rising flour and 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt. You mix it together and it becomes a thin crust pizza dough. It comes out really well.

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stick to my points budget, 52+ oz of water
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 3 weigh in Thursday (18Jun2020)
    Previous weight:179.2
    Current weight: 178.2

I am so glad I decided to wait to weigh when I knew the number would be higher based on temporary factors. When I know it is up because I have really been on a tear not eating well, that's different and I need to weigh and see it because that is good data and I'll need it as one of my evaluating items. This was not that kind of circumstance - and I am glad I recognized that and gave myself permission to understand that there is a difference and not feel the need to be confronted by inaccurate data that won't help me reach my goal. One small step for Maria, one giant leap for being kind to Maria - conquering the hold the scale has on me and wrangling it to its place as a tool.

@trooworld thanks for the skinny vibes, it really helped! Hey, the pizza dough recipe sounds awesome and - easy!! I have made Fathead dough and while it is quite good and low in carbs for hubby, it's about 110 calories a serving more than yours (I use whole milk yogurt or it would have been a little higher amount less). I ran the numbers through the recipes on MFP. I like having choices, especially if they are easy!
    @AustinRuadhain I love the NSV!! I feel like me and dancing is one of those memes: "What you think you're doing - what others see!!" I commend you on the grasping of the "sideways bench around-the-world," I know for sure what a VICTORY that is!!!! =>
    @Jactop we are always glad to hear from folks, no matter when!! I sometimes have this happen - the reading but not posting and while I may be asking myself why - I just jump in when I can. I also have a bad habit of reading texts and not answering right away....hmmmmm, I see I have a pattern!
    @TeresaW1020 what a gorgeous puzzle!!! I looked for the missing piece and couldn't locate it - those pieces must be TEENYtiny!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    It's time to celebrate June 18th! This week's challenge is only today - so hop right on over and join the party
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10800761/special-day-june-18th-celebrate-for-the-heck-of-it-challenge#latest

Hey, Slimsters! This week's challenge thread is so uplifting and inspiring! Head on over and check this out. It will be worth your time just to read the amazing, inspiring post by @raleighgirl09 !

@trooworld - Yum to your homemade pizza! I have a pretty simple pizza dough I make with a can of beer. Not as healthy, but it's quick and the Teenager loves it!

@raleighgirl09 - I am right there with you on reading... and then thinking about a reply but not always getting one done. And then I think I have.

Your post this morning is so inspiring to me!
    One small step for Maria, one giant leap for being kind to Maria - conquering the hold the scale has on me and wrangling it to its place as a tool.

One of the places I have been grumpy about scale numbers of late is the pushme-pullme argument in my head about wanting to keep the scale number down versus legit wanting to add some more muscle. I used to carry more muscle, and I'd like to be building it. I found that we have an inexpensive fat caliper in the house. So I went and measured my body fat. Hmm. Maybe I'll try tracking "% Body Fat" as an additional measurement on MFP? If nothing else, it's a nice reminder that the number on the scale is not always the best measure. It's just one tool, as you say, to help me look at wheter I need to make a course correction!

Okay, I am going to go catch up on the challenge thread, and then I'll play, too!
    pa877xorjs6u.gif
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hi. Nothing exciting here this Thursday. Hope you all are well.

@TeresaW1020 Prayers for your Mom with the surgery. Hope all goes well. Your puzzle is amazing! Please consider wearing a mask when you get your hair done- required or not. I want you to stay healthy!

@trooworld I always enjoy hearing about your cooking adventures!

@Jactop No and Go. I like it!

@AustinRuadhain Let us know how the Russian feast turns out.

:):):)<3
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91
    Thursday
    PW: 165.3
    CW: 164.9

@TeresaW1020 I am also a puzzle lover, but have not attempted one with that many pieces (my max has been 1000), so very impressed!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Jactop, thanks for that info on blood sugar levels. I did have a talk with my mom this evening about paying special attention to how she feels and not to try to do what I do. What a good burger tip you gave @trooworld! I will remember that one. ;)

@AustinRuadhain, That Russian meal looks so good! Especially the Pagac bread. Let us know how it turned out. Ravensburger puzzles are the best quality. I showed DH an 8000-piece one that I really want. It was pricey so I told him I would put in on my Christmas list. ;) And yes you really can’t count only the number on the scale. I don’t have to tell you that muscle takes up less space in your body than fat does. So, taking measurements is probably better for you than weighing. Right? :)

@bethanie0825, glad that you are liking WW and that you are doing it with your mom is great. I love Tigger!! <3

@Cornanda, Thank you and I promise to think about wearing a mask. Hey, I wore it twice today when I went into Goodwill and American Thrift Store. That should count for something, right? :grin:

@trooworld, I keep forgetting to try that 2-ingredient pizza dough! I have been using Flatouts which work great and are only 2 points. I’m sure yours is tastier. :)

@raleighgirl09, yayyyy for the great loss this week! You did well this week on being kind to Maria. I appreciate that because I think that Maria girl is a one groovy chica! :wink:

@gwamajtw91, great weigh-in this week!! B) Thanks! It’s by far the largest puzzle I have ever done and I was happy when it was finally finished.

Hi everyone! Today, was a very good day. My staff meeting finished early so I went hunting for some new puzzles and the thrift stores. I found three, 1000-piece puzzles for $1 each. I wouldn’t have bought them new but for that much money, I will do them! After I came home and I was looking on Facebook Marketplace and found a woman selling 6 puzzles (all good brands and beautiful pictures) for $30. Hubby and I are meeting her at a local store’s parking lot tomorrow. So, I’m all set for a least a little while. :grin: I also fasted for just over 21 hours and I’ve set myself up a new fasting schedule. I’m feeling VERY motivated!!! B)
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hey Slimsters!

@gwamajtw91 - Brilliant weigh-in! Congratulations! :smiley:

@TeresaW1020 , I may need to do through my closets if there is this kind of demand for puzzles, as I think I have a few!
    Hurray for your wearing a mask to Goodwill and to the American Thrift Store! If it helps to know you have nerdy company, know that I am out there wearing a mask when I go to the store. Gloves, too, truth be told. We have friends that have gotten it, and it sounds like something to avoid if possible. As @Cornanda says, take care of Teresa. We are find of you and want you to be healthy if at all possible! :heart:

You are right about measurements. I'll see if I can find my measuring tape and start tracking those. I still weigh in every week, as I figure that number should change very little week on week.

@TeresaW1020 and @Cornanda - The Russian feast tonight was a huge success! That stew is easy to make with no oil and/or vegan if desired. The Pagac bread was an even bigger hit! I found the 15 minutes of kneading and the 10 minutes of fooling with a design on the top of the loaf both very relaxing! Anyway, my husband ate two small pieces. The teenager has wolfed down more than half the loaf. He may be done for the night, but I am not assuming. :lol:
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 258
    Todays Weight: 258
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great loss, hope it keeps going down for good
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Congrats on a great weigh-in! Woo hoo! I've made Fathead dough, too and liked it...I used to be on keto (yes, I've tried all of the diets lol!). It is good to have choices! The 2-ingredient dough: you can make all sorts of things out of it: breadsticks (yummy), etc. just go on Pinterest and search for it or Google it and you'll see there are tons of things you can do with it. I made focaccia bread with it once. ;) Your post on the challenge was super inspiring!!!

@AustinRuadhain Ooh anything made with beer sounds interesting! :) Thanks for linking the challenge again, I went back and read @raleighgirl09's post and it was really inspiring! That's a good idea to track % Body Fat. I have an old school body fat caliper too that I need to try out.

@Cornanda I hope you are well, too! LOL sometimes my cooking adventures are definitely adventures! Tomorrow, I'm making something special: it's my husband's birthday so I'm making him a "Too Much Chocolate Cake" and arancini balls with marinara sauce. The arancini balls are something I made last year for Christmas and they were so labor-intensive I swore I'd never make them again but he loved them so much, here I am making them again lol.

@TeresaW1020 It's really good, it tastes like regular pizza without the guilt! That's great you found 3 new puzzles. Make that 9!!! Great weigh-in!

Hello everyone! Today I have quite an adventure. I'm driving up to LA to get my mother-in-law and bringing her back down to SD. It's going to be a minimum 5-hour drive round-trip. Depending on traffic, it could be a lot more. I've packed snacks! I've got audiobooks! I'm ready. Wish me luck!

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: walk with dog
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stick to my points budget, 52+ oz of water
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    Week 3 (6/19)
    PW:186.5
    CW:188
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    THURSDAY CHECK-IN: 🟡/🟢
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    Thursday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟢
    - Weights 🟢
    - Stretch/Yoga 🟢
    - Martial Arts Breathing 🟢
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scary-Behind-Project 🔴
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟢
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    FRIDAY GOALS
    Friday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟢 Already did a Jenny Ford step workout today!
    - Weights ⚪
    - Stretch/Yoga ⚪
    - Martial Arts Breathing 🟢
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    = Scouts Project Work 🟢
    - Scary-Behind-Project ⚪
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ⚪
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE ⚪

@Cornanda - Hang in there! 👐🏾

@trooworld - Safe travels! I love audiobooks and long drives! Aside, these days, from negotiating gas stations and thinking about germs, that's my idea of a good time. I hope your books are fun! And your baking plans for your husband's birthday sound awesome! "Too Much Chocolate Cake" sounds super fun. Here's the Beer Pizza Dough recipe, since you sounded interested! I use it to make a deep dish pizza for the teenager, and blind bake it to keep the crust from getting soggy. 🚘🎂🍕

@cherrymajoni - Great weigh-in! Even if things even out some next week, you sure look on track to do well this month! Yay! And super great that you have gotten the spiritual benefits from that fast! 🙏🏾
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @cherrymajoni, holy moly look at that amazing weigh-in!! You got a big blessing from being obedient to what the Lord called you to do. Way to go!! B)

@trooworld, be safe on your drive to get your MIL. Good for you for packing snacks so that you will be prepared. :)

@Cornanda, girl you know that I won’t allow you to beat yourself up. What happened this week and how can you turn it around? We are here for you! <3

Hey everyone! I went and picked up my six new puzzles today and I’m excited to get started on another one. Maybe tomorrow. Right now I am deep into my new book, “Fast, Feast, and Repeat” If any of you are interested at all in intermittent fasting, I can’t recommend this book enough!! I haven’t been fully committed to IF like I know I need to be and that is changing. I usually just fast for however long I feel like it, but now I have a daily chart where I will try to stick to the time I have planned for. The goal right now is to do 3 days of 23 hours, 2 days of 18 hours, 1 day of 19 hours, and one day of 16 hours. I’m also upping my workouts starting Monday. I created my own hybrid calendar for both Barre Blend and weightlifting where I will do some of both most days of the week. On my off days, I will either rest or walk on the treadmill. And to make things super exciting I just got into a pair of capris that were several inches from buttoning last year at this time. :grin:
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Friday check in

Hiya gang! Well, Merry Friday and Happy Weekend!!!!! B)

Today has been great - got a good walk in and was busy all day. Cals great, water great, sleep good! I've been feeling a little....something....about a job. I'm still looking and doing, learning more from LinkedIn and trying all of the tips and things I can think of. I had a few minutes yesterday where I felt a little panicky and weirded out but I took stock, made a plan and am keeping at it. I know it will happen but it's so easy for the inner demons to come calling.

Exciting - Wednesday I broke the 20,000 steps barrier and yesterday - almost 23,500. Shazam. Saw my sweet baby granddaughter Hazel yesterday, which was way fun and we took a walk in their 'hood. Went to a chiropracter for my hip early this week - it's been really bugging me with accompanying shooting pains in my leg, knee and ankle just for kicks. It helped quite a bit and I'm going next week again. I felt so good that I was able to do a lot of walking, happy about that! I don't expect to break 20,000 very often - that is quite the time suck as it takes me a couple of walks, 1.5-2 hours for exercise. Not too cumbersome when not working but, well, I'm hoping to stop that soon!!! :D

@trooworld and @AustinRuadhain thanks for the notation on the challenge post. It actually became a bit of a motivator to write all of that out - it reminded me of how far I have come and...that it is important to share the journey with others and maybe provide something of value to the journey they are on.
    @TeresaW1020 so glad your puzzle-deep in pieces!! :D That's quite some plan for fasting, I had no idea it could get that complex. I think I often fast unintentionally when I have low hunger days, often I don't eat between 9p one night to 1p the next day. I have noticed that when I end up eating really late for the first meal, I'll only eat 2 meals and have an easier time eating lighter cals. If I can do that with any kind of consistency, I do find weight loss is almost a given.
    @AustinRuadhain it's always heartwarming when someone gets something from what I share, thank you for say so! It's one of the things I love about this team - it's easy and safe to share and there is a lot of support to give and get. I totally get the scale issue and you working to do some intentional structure of your body - very inspiring to *me* as I think about life on the side of not constantly looking for a loss. I wonder if I should get calipers...? I have a lot of loose skin and fat that I fear is not going to go away but I also wonder about a different measure to have to look at...? Maybe this is conflict avoidance on my part... =< Btw - that Russian bread....omg, I would want to eat the whole thing! WOW, does that look good!
    @Cornanda right there with the rest of the team - hang in there. I like @TeresaW1020 's approach - assess and attack!
    @trooworld oh yes - me, too! At some point in time, all of the diets worked and if they stoppe....well, I moved on to something else! I eat kinda low carb now just because higher carbs are more calorie dense and hubby eats lower carb and we end up leaning that way. I do sometimes have a conflict like the Fathead but BOY was it good!!
    @cherrymajoni that is some loss, lady!!! I am so delighted for you, and to have also had a spiritual experience is amazing - but I may have that backwards; you had the amazing spiritual and also lost weight. Very humbling that you stuck through it and saw such results for that effort. Hey - how is the baby sleeping? I hope that the wee one is allowing mom and dad a good night's sleep on the regular! You're doing a great job with the 5k training, too - all of these wins are just such validation to your commitment to you.... =>
    @davors19 awesome job maintaining and.....drumroll.......IN THE GREEN!!!!!!
    @gwamajtw91 wow, great loss - congrats and way to go!!! =>
  • 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Username.-2020shih.
    Week 2.-
    Weigh in day .saturday
    Previous wi.152
    Todays wi. 150
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    Friday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- seated cardio, arms, yoga, foam rolling
    Water- so-so

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- did today
    Yoga- done
    Recipe- zip, can't do right now

Just trying to keep my head above water, wasn't too successful the last few days but am pulling out all my mental tricks tonight.
This discussion has been closed.