WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Those are some amazing numbers of steps! Wow.

A few more week 2 weigh-ins due by crack of dawn tomorrow -
    @CM_73
    @ELENA01
    @matthewsfive
    @Stefbomb2020

Hope to fill up all the gaps :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Here is an end of week question for you. Do you have a word or a phrase (or an image) that reminds you of your commitment? Something you say to yourself that keeps you to it?

I know these might change from time to time, but try to think of your most powerful reminder or encourager. The words or image that give you the courage to keep on.
  • jugar
    edited July 2020
    Options
    One more thing!
    F2F has a new chat thread for members from any team who are now at their goal weight, getting near it, or just want to see what maintenance is like. Drop by any time!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat-july-2020/p1?new=1

If you are already at goal, or want to stop where you are to see if it is indeed your final weight goal, be sure you are in the "Goal Zone" section of your team spreadsheet. Then come to this chat to explore this new and much longer phase together with others. Let's not be a statistic and just gain it all back, right?

In WaistAways, I am at goal, and I think there are at least 3 others who are close. Let me know if you want to move to this new part of the team - thanks!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Question: I’m curious.
    What do you all set as your goals for the week on MFP? 1, 1.2, 2 pounds a week?

How about activity? I’m unsure if I should put lightly active or active? I routinely get over 8.5k steps and move a lot during the day, but don’t always “workout”.

Also, if you Fitbit, do you set it for negative calories based on your Fitbit activity throughout the day? I’m not sure I like seeing that I have 300 calories left for the whole day at breakfast only for it to change by the end of the day.

I have been reducing it over time. From 2, to 1.5, to 1, and now I guess I'm probably around 0.8? I got tired of weird numbers so just set it to 1500.

Sedentary setting assumes some activity, around 3-5000 steps per day, so I'd put you at lightly active probably.

I used negative calories with Garmin. It's too broken to use with Samsung sadly.
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    All fixed, never mind 😂
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    CW: 165 LBS
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    ells_runs wrote: »
    😂😂😂😂😂

I'm so sorry!!!! It is wrong image!!!! 😲🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

I'll try again!!

I'm so embarrassed! I can't delete it either! 😬

So glad you said that - I was very confused for a minute! 😂
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    ells_runs wrote: »
    😂😂😂😂😂

I'm so sorry!!!! It is wrong image!!!! 😲🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

I'll try again!!

I'm so embarrassed! I can't delete it either! 😬

So glad you said that - I was very confused for a minute! 😂

All fixed 🙈😂
    Thank goodness, or though I love my hamsters 😂
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Sure the exercise really helps too, but the intake is going to make losses more than the expenditure.

100% agree. I can exercise hard all week but waste it all by overeating. Thank you for the truth. Many times it comes down to simple math, unless we have a medical condition or imbalance.

My failure is small snacks like chocolate chips or sunflower seeds after I've eaten a meal. I grab and grab without thinking of the consequences. When I add it all up, I've eaten 1200 calories the last 2 hours of the night.
  • jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Here I am, it's morning....back on track. I am going to check in before bed tonight and report that I am STILL on track. Now I've said it, I've got to do it.
    I'm so close to my goal, only 11 more pounds.....I don't know why I lost my will power/caring/that mysterious element that enabled me to lose 35 lbs since January.....but I've got to get it back.
    and @jugar you are so right, it is all about the food intake. I learned that most from my hairdressers (2 sisters), both about 4' 11" and each of them lost and have kept off 100 lbs through going to a 12 step type of group and weighing and measuring food. My AHA moment in conversation with them was when I mentioned walking and one said, oh, I really should walk...??conversation continued and I realized that they hadn't exercised, their loss was strictly through weighing their food intake. My excuses with a super busy life, no time for exercise = no weight loss, were over and I bought a food scale AND found this group on MFP. It's worked amazing. And as I write this, I think my resolve is creeping back in.
    @micki48 My initial goal in Jan. was 1 lb a week and I set MFP to that along with sedentary (secretarial job) but it went faster than that for me - likely because I'm not really THAT sedentary but I didn't change the setting as I was okay with the pace and just considered any exercise a bonus. Caring for a toddler can be exhausting...I liked the suggestion (sorry, forget who and don't dare go back to find it as I'll lose my entry) of playing the hiding game with your granddaugher and try to do your exercise in between...I used to play something similar with my nephew, take any random objects (we had three little decorative wooden birds) and hide them in one room...we could play that for hours - gives you a little mental break too.
    @evangsimmons170 great steps this past week! Careful in that heat!

So happy to see your mojo returning! It is a drag, but weighing and measuring or otherwise controlling the good old food is what works. PROMISE - the amount of food will eventually feel normal. I have maintained for a long time now and still have to watch it, but much less than before. There are foods I don't really want anymore. But the weight is gone, the heartburn is gone - and the only time they return are when I hit a trigger food and overdo it. Those dratted bear traps still lurk, but most days things are pretty easy. You're almost there!!! 11 more pounds. They are hard and slow, those ones, and you need to be sure to sit tight on mini-plateaus whenever the hunger gets too strong. Wait. Stay. Then lose some more only when you feel more normal. It takes time for the body to adjust.
  • jugar
    Options
    The Week 3 Challenge is UP! And you are climbing up your own ladder. Go for it!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803404/week-3-challenge-one-up-yourself#latest

The week 2 Challenge is also going to stay active if anyone wants to continue the daily commitment and reflection. It works!
This discussion has been closed.