WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Whew! I had a weird day feeling like a did a lot, feeling like I did nothing at all, but sort of enjoying it along the way. Sundays are big work days for F2F - tallies, new challenge for the week, updates from team captains -- all kinds of fun. And then this is almost the end of the month so there are new members to recruit and put on teams - that is always fun, though. I'm glad you have discovered that having one main team is the way to go, @ells_runs . I found the same thing. After trying all kinds of running around from forum to forum, this is the one that stuck.

So there are a few updates to finish up! I think I caught all the exercise minutes to convert to steps - if it looks wrong, give a shout and I'll fix it.

I'm all ready for those Sunday and Monday weigh-ins now :wink:
    @graceojo999
    @jguldi11
    @reflectionofme
    @ells_runs

The new challenge for week five is up:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10804969/week-5-challenge-zero-to-hero#latest

Give it a go!
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Steps for the week. I did not wear my watch so these are just based on my phone which I did NOT have with me half the time. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I enjoyed every min of my vacation it was full of swimming every single day and terrible food lol

7/20- 6,520
    7/21-3,649
    7/22-2,589 + Water park 5 hours lots of swimming and running around)
    7/23-4,418
    7/24-1,298 (driving home)
    7/25-4,172 + 2 mile slow walk
    7/26- 6,720
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday !

So over the weekend I bought myself a new car... :) I haven't bought a NEW car in like 27 years, I always bought used before, and I keep my cars for a long time, my last car was 15 years old... Anyway, it's a subaru outback, it's pretty I named her Elsa because she is Ice silver... LOL

Eating and exercise was okay this weekend, not great, but not awful.. I am determined to have a great week, and a great August.. I wanna get outta the 160's so I have 6 weeks to lose 6lbs...

I did my 30 min video this morning, and I am thinking about doing 30 day shred in August the Jillian Micheals video, has anyone here done it ? I have the video but have never used it...

Have a great day !
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    I have done 30 day shred a few times and loved it! I started at the very bottom level (lower then her beginners suggestions) and worked my way up. Eventually, I got bored of it though and now doing different things. I'm looking into buying 'you are your own gym' which seems popular on various threads here. Anyone tried it and recommend?

@Terytha
    I cannot believe you've shed 100 lbs!! Woohoo, super amazing. I am in awe! ( And a teeny bit jealous...)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @Pearl4686 A year ago, I was jealous of everyone. We all get there eventually. We all have things that other people envy. I know you'll succeed. <3

I feel like I'm lucky in a lot of ways too. Once I understood the problem leading to my weight, fixing it has been simple. I had a problem of ignorance, and took to data-oriented calorie counting like a fish to water. Not everyone can say that.

I was probably surpassing 7000 calories some days. My first week of logging shows most days around 3000. Changing that kind of absurdity is much easier than trying to completely change what and when and how I eat the way some people have to.

We all have our own struggles.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @terytha very true, well said
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    I love everyone’s updates. @ells_runs I have accepted your friend request. (Anyone else I’m not yet “friends” with. Feel free to friend me.) Glad you are going to focus your time here with us.

Hang in there @conleywoods. I know how stressful this must be. Sending love and Light your way.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Congratulations on your new car.

I haven’t done any exercise yet today. The baby had her first eye doctor appointment today. They were taking a tree down at my neighbors house, but it’s actually closer to mine. I was watching that. Then went to the dentist. Now I’ve had lunch and feel like I could take a nap. I have logged everything so far today.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @ells_runs I think having a group helps. I joined a group back in 2011. We chatted for years. 5 of us our now fitbit friends. We chat through that all day long now. We have even done zooms to chat. None of them log in regularly anymore and I need that, which si why I'm glad I found this group.

@conleywoods we have a virtual staff meeting this afternoon. We technically go back next Tues. Half of our staff has quit. I understand your stress!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday!

It is hot and muggy, raining from time to time, but I had a lovely rehearsal this morning, got the grocery shopping done, actually bought ice cream (a SMALL quantity!) for the first time in ages. I made a gluten free blueberry cobbler yesterday (less dangerous than pie, I figured!) and it is crying out for some vanilla ice cream. it's for my husband :wink: I promise not to send you any, @conleywoods !

Enjoy the rest of the day - I have to get going on next month's spreadsheet and get some new members assigned to teams. The last week of each month always gives me lots to do :grimace:

tally ho!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Way to go @Stefbomb2020 , @Gidgitgoescrazy & @Terytha !!!
    And now on to a new week.
    Saturday was a busy day getting packed up and Sunday was 8 hours in the truck. Sadly food was over both days. I am terrible for snacking in the vehicle on road trips so I planned ahead and brought a lot of fruit instead of chips and junk but it still all adds up! But we did get a nice long walk in after we got everything set up in camp yesterday evening. And today I have already hauled & stacked a load of firewood and gone for another good walk. So am counting that for today's exercise.
    And it turns out they were telling the truth about the internet connection. It's pretty good so I'll be able to keep in touch. :)
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    I started enthusiastic like this last time but then it wore off and I went back to old habits, no logging, no daily posting etc so I'm nervous that will happen again...

I've been there before, so many times! I've since adopted the mindset of 1 day at a time, I can't control what will happen tomorrow but I can certainly make today a healthy one! Also not getting hung up on those days where I'm not as active or I eat more treats, one day doesn't have to affect a whole lifestyle of changes.

Glad to see you in the group!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I will be rejoining the August challenge after a (slightly too long :/ ) break.

Thanks for the warm welcome @jugar .
    I quit around a year ago (or was it only a few months?) with the plan to maintain for awhile as life got a bit crazy. Unfortunately, lockdown has seen me regain half of my hard-earned losses :(
    So I am back to hopefully work the gains off and maybe a bit more :#

I'm 37, live in the UK and very busy with young kids and studying for a masters in mental health. I have dieted on and off my whole adult life and really would like to find something that works long term. I have a terrible sweet tooth and I tend to eat absentmindedly without taking any notice what goes in. So half the battle is in my head.

Good luck everyone! Here's to a great August!
    Welcome @Pearl4686 I'm looking forward to getting to know you as we share this journey.
    Interesting that you are in the mental health field. I was having a conversation the other day about the implications of COVID-19 on mental health and the huge opportunities for research projects that it will create.

• micki48
    Options
    x5wnooqtitsd.png

Waistaways Week 4 Step Challenge Results
    Total Team Steps: 452,574

Top Steppers...

1st - @ells_runs 101,843
    2nd - @jugar 88,092
    3rd - @KellyBgetsfit 83,228

Met Daily Step Goal
    @YinxFed 5/6 days
    @ells_runs 5/7
    @micki48 5/7

Great work team!!!
  • micki48
    Options
    @ells_runs I'm not sure where you are getting the 380,xxx number of steps from. If you look at the spreadsheet the 283,485 is accurate for what was reported. I wanted to give you credit for all your steps, but I'm not sure where the 100,000 difference would be. I am missing three days of steps counts: 7/3, 7/4, 7/5. If you want to report those steps, I would be happy to add them to the spreadsheet and have them count for the month. Let me know. :smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    Another good day for me. Logged everything and stayed under. No excersize but I'm aching from yesterday + tired.

I started enthusiastic like this last time but then it wore off and I went back to old habits, no logging, no daily posting etc so I'm nervous that will happen again...

Well, now your have our voices back in your head. Every day, one of us will be saying "Where's that Pearl? What's going on? She should be checking in!" in your head. Listen to us, and you'll be brilliant at keeping going! Everyone gets burned out from time to time, but the trick is not to let it last very long. You know it doesn't go well when you just go off on your own, so just give that up, ok? :D
  • jugar
    Options
    Talk about voices in your heads. I'm out on the stoop, calling for those last weigh-ins due up to today ---
    Yoooo Hooooo!
    @graceojo999 (and maybe your sister if she really wants to continue, but she'll have to log in herself and let us know!)
    @reflectionofme
    @ells_runs

Heads up for Tuesday!
    @CM_73 -- and we want some stories to fill in the gaps from the last time we heard from you! :wink: Hope all is well.
This discussion has been closed.