Steps - 3337
    Exercise - 36 mins Total Body HIIT workout

25th July
    Steps - 2520
    Exercise - 38 mins Legs & Biceps Supersets strength workout
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,083 Member
    Options
    Seriously - I hope to catch a few more! You have 20 minutes to get this done
    q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg
    @graceojo999
    @alexsandramorff (last chance, then you have to be dropped!)
    @evelynladams527
    @Steph1498
    @matthewsfive
    Thanks!!!
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy Friday!

I was thinking yesterday about the whole mirror thing, @matthewsfive and anyone else fighting this body image stuff. I am actually less bothered by the mirror than by looking down at my own body. When I look at it, I find my legs chunky, my butt ham-like, and the belly a bit rounder than I would like. When I look in the mirror I am always surprised at how OK it all looks - it is like a different person than I see by looking directly. The surprise never goes away - it is weird. Maybe the fear of the mirror is that you'll look like you think you do by looking down at yourself? The brain is a weird and annoying thing.

I do the same thing, if I look at my belly or thighs all I see is jiggle and more work to do, but when I look in the mirror I'm also pleasantly surprised with the body staring back at me. I suppose it's a good reminder of how important perspective can be, both physically and mentally.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @micki48 @jugar Here are my steps for the week. I also swam 26 minutes Sunday 7/19 and 70 minutes Saturday 7/25.

e603cruhkvux.png

I let myself be a bit more sedentary this week than I have been lately as I was feeling PMS'y, but I still exceeded my overall weekly goal of 35,000 steps, plus swimming, so that counts for something.

I also gave in to some cravings and went over calories a couple days. It's so frustrating yet fascinating how hormonal fluctuations can make the mind forget about rational decisions in regards to food.

Despite the annoyances I'm happy my body is doing what it's supposed to do. I've gone over a whole year before without a cycle and that's really not normal.

I went to the beach yesterday with a couple of friends and we did the whole "I don't feel like I'm getting burned so I don't need sunscreen" thing. That logic failed us all. Lol. I know better but here I am burnt to a crisp. Had a lot of fun though!

I think I'll wait to weigh-in til tomorrow. I'm really bloated (yay womanhood) and inflamed from the sunburn and I know the scale probably won't be very kind right now.

Today I'll rest a bit but still try to hit my step goal, or at the very least do a bit of housecleaning. I'll also drink lots of water, and avoid too much sodium or sugar.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Ants! They are supposed to be seriously yummy - my son and I went to Cambodia 3 years ago, and during one of our outings with a fantastic guide, we stopped by some trees, and the guide grabbed something from a tree, walked up to my son, and said "You like spicy? Try these!" and handed him a bunch of small ants. My son popped them right into his mouth and found them to be quite delicious! I was surprised he would try it, but he was ready for anything on that trip.
    Why am I not surprised! What a nut.
    Sorry I'm late getting my weigh-in reported. It's not where I'd hoped it would be but I know what needs to happen. It's a multi-pronged solution beginning with my would-be-chef-spouse's habit of oversalting/oversaucing food!
    The other prong being to eat much smaller serving sizes. It really is all about what I put into my mouth that counts the most.

My CW is: 184
    (It's probably a bit better today but I already ate).
    Onwards to a good day.
    I hope it's healthy and calm for us all...even with the high heat and humidity about to attack.
    Mwah!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Here’s my weekly checkin. @jugar hopefully it’s within the window
    CW: 159

Sorry for the late reply. I’m traveling in the US for the next four weeks. I have to say the airports were creepy but flights were very smooth. This weekend we have really spotty coverage and I’m glad to get connected this morning. I’m not sure if I will have access to a scale for the next four weeks. I brought running shoes to try to get in my steps. The worst thing is all the American food and desserts in the last day I had cheesecake and chocolate cake and bacon and lots of vegetables.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    t4yq2dd8yxf4.png
    55jcej2u0g17.png
    io5jd8n0wudz.png
    k633tf85hgzr.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.20%
    2nd Trimstones 0.19%
    3rd Waist Aways 0.12%
    3rd -2 Shrinking Assets 0.12%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Trimstones 8.3 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 8.0 Lbs
    3rd Waist Aways 5.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @bburrer30 2.23 %
    2nd @apple852hk 2.07%
    3rd @Emmajhare 2.03%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @bburrer30 3.8 Lbs
    2nd @megan_smartiepants1970 3.2 Lbs
    3rd @Apple852hk 3.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @LaurieWrobo
    @Arc130
    @Stefbomb2020
    @biketheworld
    @loria901
    @KUMEcyclingteam
    @wbs2020
    @dillyg08
    @Cafelelia

qgtyxobzkclw.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    8p9jqwpgbtdx.png

25+ Lost

@Carriestrine

Under 175

@Freeglerock

Under 150
    @cafeleila

m49nv8dmlujs.jpg

AMAZING LOSS OF OVER 100 LBS!!!!!!!!!!
    @Terytha

4fzvm1634vvr.png

CONGRATUALTIONS FOR REACHING ONEDERLAND
    @Tryingagain5

sryh8d5j4hxt.png
    CONGRATULATIONS FOR REACHING GOAL
    @KUMEcyclingteam
  • jugar
    Options
    There are some great celebrations there! And we did OK if not brilliantly. Thanks for everyone's efforts :heart:

This week we have an additional challenge - it is time to recruit some new members to Fat2Fit. Several of the teams are down quite a bit. It seems that people who sign up in the summer don't last long! There is too much else to do, I guess, so we need some new people who are committed to posting, sticking through it, and not just weighing in a couple of times and disappearing.

If you have friends who might be interested, send them first to the F2F home page
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
    to explore, see how things work and how much people participate. Then if they like what they see, they can click the sign up and join in. Our team is in pretty good shape - we don't really need new people (although we won't say no if someone chooses us!), but some of the other teams have room. Spread the word! Put it on your MFP home, and tell other friends from outside who might be jealous of how well you are doing :wink: Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Soon we will be welcoming back @Pearl4686 ! Those of you who have been here for a while will remember her, and I am glad to see her returning. Tally ho!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot to say, this team is FABULOUS!
    <3<3<3
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Oh, and I forgot to say, this team is FABULOUS!
    <3<3<3

So are you, welcome back!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

87fillfs6jrx.png
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Soon we will be welcoming back @Pearl4686 ! Those of you who have been here for a while will remember her, and I am glad to see her returning. Tally ho!

Welcome back, @Pearl4686 Glad to have you continue your journey with us. Yay!!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Calling all steps...

@jugar and @KellyBgetsfit Still need Saturday from both of you. :)
    @SMcFall0215 and @evangsimmons170 Need the whole week for both of you. :smile:

@jugar I think some people still need their exercise worked in to the daily step #.

I have done very little today. I guess I need to call it a rest day, although that's kind of cheating since I'm not sure what I'm resting from. How does so much time slip away from me? Anyway, hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday.

@Steph1498 Welcome back to the US for a bit. I know how that goes when you visit. You need to eat all your favorite things. Maybe just limit yourself to a few bites of all but your absolute favorites. Good for you bringing those running shoes. Enjoy your visit.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! So nice to hear from 'old' friends.
    Day 1 was good. Logged everything, stayed on track and went to an outdoor fitness class, which was hard work but fun.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    Sat Steps 8384
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @Pearl4686 welcome to the group :smile: we are quite chatty here :smile:

@jugar your idea about the way we get new members sound really good.
    When I signed up wit F2F I also signed up with other 2 similar groups. I think I started in May? All guns blazing I thought the more groups I joined the more motivation I gain from it. In result I had so much going on and so many groups to post that I just had time to say quick hi, post my weights, steps and that's it. I didn't fully engage with anyone.
    So for August I'm only a member of this lovely group. For some reason I relate to this group the most. I've sent you all friend requests, I've set up my profile properly, my macros and calories and I'm going to really engage in August.

One worry are my steps. On Friday was my last day at work and I'm not going back to work until 17th of August. My job kept me busy and kept my step count good. What I was thinking of doing is to try and keep my routine similar. So get up at the same time as I would before, and morning hours keep walking - even if it's only in front of TV - for the amount of time as I would be previously. I'm hoping that will keep me going.
    So that's the plan - I'll see if it will work in practice.

@micki48 Just wanted to say that my step goal for the day is 15,000 and also will my grand total of steps update automatically? It shows 283,485 but it should be 380 something. I'm sorry for being petty but every step counts :wink: :blush::smile:

It is Monday already in the UK so here's to great day and smashing those goals!
This discussion has been closed.