WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Mon Step- 8,814
    Workout Liift 4 20 min Barre Blend 35 min

I had a great day and the scale is down, which is good. I was bummed it wasn't down more last week. We had our virtual staff meeting and I didn't really learn anything new.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Mon Step- 8,814
    Workout Liift 4 20 min Barre Blend 35 min

I had a great day and the scale is down, which is good. I was bummed it wasn't down more last week. We had our virtual staff meeting and I didn't really learn anything new.

Why should a virtual staff meeting be any different than a regular one? :D I used to have a colleague who would just sit through them with his head down on the table on his folded arms, looking like a collapsed tent. After a few years, I came to know exactly how he felt...
    CM_73 wrote: »
    I have loads of pictures on my phone and videos of dolphins playing around the boat, just need to find the time to edit everything and get a couple of interesting ones together!

I am looking forward to seeing that! I live pretty far from the sea and miss travelling there. And you'll be back on track in no time - every day, every day - boring but effective :smile:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy So excited for you! I am on my second Subaru outback and they are awesome. They will drive anywhere and through anything. They also can hold an amazing amount of stuff too! You will love it.

@KellyBgetsfit That is crazy half your staff has quit. What state do you teach in? We are supposed to find out more info this week but I'm not counting on it 🙄.

Ah! I'm up 3 lbs. I know a lot is water weight but yuck. Hormones and just have felt yuck for a few days. I have not been very attentive to eating and exercising hasn't been its usual effort. Today is the get your butt in gear day.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Today was good food wise. Had a lovely dinner of falafel with homemade houmous and a huge salad. Delicious and reasonable in calories. I even managed to fit in a half a piece of birthday cake.
    The scale is up for the last 3 days. I know it's probably water weight from re-starting workouts but it's stressing me out because I've been so careful.
    I'm hoping to go for a run later tonight. Week 6 of Couch25K.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Oh dear. My taller half has decided to wash windows today - he can turn that into such a major production that I think I need an excuse to go somewhere! Biking? Walking? Gotta do something in spite of the major humidity :grimace: The garden isn't far away enough!

Yowza! Acuse him of channeling Nana Adams (her birthday was today, afterall) and to knock it off already. :-)
    I was happy that we got a walk in to the library to collect a book that we've been listening to (the electronic library had to take it back for 2 weeks). I knew it was breezy enough to keep the humidity from killing me. The added benefit was that had we *driven* the 3/4 miles instead, I would've found lots of reasons to pop a bit further down the road to get a soft serve cone! Whew. That was close.
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome to one more new member! @Tinyfairy will be with us in August - looking forward to it!
  • jugar
    Options
    It turned out to be a good day - my bike ride did me a world of good, and the humidity has gone WAY down. That really helps. And I am glad you did not drive and end up with that soft serve @evelynladams527 ! That stuff is dangerous. I am almost sort of grateful that the lineups, mask, and other constraints have made going to Wood's snack bar for one of those less attractive.

I see you out there running this evening @Pearl4686 ! I know you are doing it! It is always hard when the scale does not shine back at us with the same renewed energy we feel when getting back on track - but just remember that building new muscle is as cool as losing weight. Good on you!

@conleywoods - that butt is now in 3rd gear, heading for 4th, right? Pedal to the metal!!!

So folks, a few more weigh-ins are due -

Late! Yikes!
    @graceojo999
    @reflectionofme
    @ells_runs

Heads up for Wednesday:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527

Remember when it is weigh-in time -- good, bad, or boring, it is only information on that moment in time. The information is useful, even if it doesn't make you happy. Don't avoid it - there are lots more weeks to refine your methods and get the weight going in the right direction. Just get on the scale and post it here. It hurts worse to avoid it. And we're all there cheering you on no matter what!
  • jugar
    Options
    Sounds like a few of us are getting snacky! I went there on Monday, but yesterday was better. Stand firm, team! Resist!

@thinfairy2020 welcome! You'll have a good time with this group, I hope. Tell us a bit about yourself and your weight/fitness journey - if you're comfortable to share your name or where you live, that is fun - or whatever you like to tell us. I will update our shared doc (google) that has everyone's intro on it - it is good to keep track of who and where we all are. Put in your goal weight, how far you have come so far, etc. and we'll all be there to help you reach your goal and (most importantly!) stay there. We're pretty determined not to be part of those stats about regaining after losing.

@ells_runs - hope you're feeling better. It is no fun to be lying in bed this time of year. And don't worry about the gain - I'm sure you'll get it right back off again soon. Being sick is always an acceptable reason :smile:
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    PW:180
    CW:180.4
    :s ugg
    Looking forward to August!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was better but the evening snacking gets carried away. My plan is to really think about what will satisfy me. I feel like I'm craving something but I don't know what. So I keep eating in hopes I will find it. That needs to stop. Going to be more mindful and get things under control. My weight has come back down so I am not in such a panic. Welcome @thinfairy2020 this is a great group. @ells_runs Hope you feel better soon!

Yesterday I walked only. Today I have my walk done and I plan to do my ballet workout later. I haven't done it for a few days.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Welcome @thinfairy2020 !

Yesterday was good. I stuck to the food plan and managed to get a good walk in. And I have been able to hit the computer and get some of my bookkeeping caught up while I am isolating in the campground.

Today I am starting back with the XBX program for exercise. I find it easy to use when I'm away from home. I'm a bit concerned about supper though. The people my husband is working for have invited us over so it will be one of those make-it-up-as-it-goes-along situations. I always find those challenging. I don't really know these people and don't want to offend but I'll make the best of it!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Stayed on track today but no workout as I have a pounding headache. Scale is still up so I'm stressing out as I know how easily I fall off the wagon if there is no progress. It better goes down by Friday's weigh-in!

Welcome all newbies! This group is FAB!
  • thinfairy2020
    thinfairy2020 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thank you all, i’m excited to be here!

uhhh I don’t really know the best place to start an introduction, but i’ve been getting in shape since september of last year and have lost a bit over 55lbs which is exciting (175lbs at the start of this all). my goal weight is 95lbs (I have a small frame and i’m pretty short, so it’s not an unreasonable goal). i’ve been having problems with reaching a new lowest weight and overeating so much weight rockets up, but i’m trying to get that under control :) I had to have a doughnut today since i’m with my family, but I burned over 500 calories!! i’m hoping today will go well and i’m going to read to distract myself from unneeded snacking
This discussion has been closed.