WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• thinfairy2020
    thinfairy2020 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    does anyone have advice on how to stop stress eating? I got triggered by my sister and ate another doughnut (and a half) so even though i’m below my cal limit, my sugar and carbs are waaaay too high :(
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Trailer...
    I haven't fallen off the wagon; I haven't even seen the wagon! :D
    For as good as I was last week not snacking, I'm making up for it this week. I see a 3-4 lb gain Friday morning. :/
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m right there with the snacking. Not sure what is up with that, but it may be related to so much time in the house.

Welcome @thinfairy2020! Glad you joined us. @jugar you always amaze me with your inspiring and insightful answers to questions for our team. Guess that’s why you are at maintenance. 🤗

No exercise again. Haven’t even looked at my steps. Just did and I’m a little over 7,000 so maybe I can get those last 1,500 steps. I’ve been a bit sloppy with my eating. And I’m really missing my Pilates, but I’m so exhausted by the end of the day. I just can’t do it.

I did hear that people, on average, have gained during the pandemic like 15 pounds, I think. So I’m going to be proud of my flat trend line through all this since March. No one trying to lose wants to not lose. But I know if I didn’t have this group, it would have been a gain. So there’s that. Thanks all you wonderful, inspiring people. I’ll try to get myself motivated to be more careful again and figure out how I can fit in my exercise.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    Two more new folks joining us - fresh energy, fresh motivation, and a reason for us seasoned members to set a great example, right? Welcome to @theweeonemfp and @Mandiv2020 - we hope you'll enjoy this group and get going on those goals. Introduce yourselves, and soon you'll get to know everyone :smiley:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    PW: 184
    CW: 183.6
    Well, it's a loss albeit a miniscule one!
    Happy Wednesday everyone.
    I've enjoyed catching up on all of your writings and plan to do some more of my own before the end of tomorrow afternoon.
    I drove Emily (my older daughter) to SouthEast NH today to pick up her rescue kitty. It was great to have the time with her and to see this amazing place with oodles of kitties of all ages and colors. I'm so un-used to driving that I'm really wiped out! I plan to hydrate more tomorrow and get to the pond for some swimming "first thing" in the morning. As long as we're there by 9:00 it'll be close enough to "first thing"!
    Sleep well everyone.
  • thinfairy2020
    Options
    i’m really discouraged right now :(
    I just couldn’t stop eating so I weighed myself and I weigh 4.8 lbs more than i did this morning. I know it’s mostly food and water weight but it really sucks to see that number go up so high
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I always weigh more at night. I try not to weigh myself more than once a day.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    So sorry I've been MIA for so long! Time just tends to creep up on you, doesn't it? I've been mega busy, trying to put some new courses together and then market them - I'm currently going after universities to try to help them with students who need help with their English. So lots to do - all good, though!

It's also been a good week, I've logged everything, exercised on exercise days (5 out of 7 every week), and I've upped my water intake (just a bit). Best part - no snacking! Seriously - lots of fruit in the house, nothing to eat after supper, and drinking water when I think that I want to snack (normally turns out that I'm just thirsty!) So far it's working.

Oh, Happy birthday @Stefbomb2020 - Your photos look like you had a terrific birthday.
    I'm keeping everything crossed for you @Terytha for the results of your Covid-19 test. Positive vibes flying to you from Worcestershire UK.

Here are my very late numbers:

27th July
    Steps - 2781
    Exercise - 31 mins Tabata & Booty workout

28th July
    Steps - 2691
    Exercise - 35 mins Upper Body Strength / Back & Triceps (weights)

29th July
    Steps - 1434 (literally pinned to my desk ALL DAY)
    Exercise - REST DAY

Welcome aboard all newcomers - have a fantastic day, everyone!

Y x
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! @Stefbomb2020
    And congrats on the new dress! I bet that felt great!
  • jugar
    edited July 2020
    Options
    All right everyone - take a deep breath! @deniners2 @thinfairy2020 and @SMcFall0215 You have slipped a bit, you're eating (feels good until afterwards...), and you are anxious! I think there is always a weird panic when deciding to get back on track, no matter how many times. Try to get ONE perfect day. Plan your food and exercise, follow your plan, log everything, and enjoy how empowering that one day can feel. That makes it a lot easier to go on! A slip or even a slide is not a disaster unless you walk away. You're going to be fine!

@Stefbomb2020 you look fabulous! That dress - wow. Your husband knows how to shop for you! Looks like you had a wonderful birthday, and then it's back to keto and becoming even more fabulous! :heart:

I'll get your numbers in soon @YinxFed -- bug me if I forget! You are doing great to work so hard and then to also get your exercise in. Role model!!
  • jugar
    Options
    We have yet another new member for August - and a fellow resident of Québec! From Montréal, welcome @tobeme3
    When you get here, @tobeme3 , please be sure to post your weigh-in day and current weight, and then you'll be all set to go for August, which starts on Sunday for us. Thanks!

I also have been slipping on my nagging. I tell you. I should be ashamed of myself...

Weigh-ins Update!
    overdue:
    @graceojo999
    @reflectionofme

due today:
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods

due Friday:
    @deniners2
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @Steph1498
    @evangsimmons170
    @SMcFall0215
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @happimess01

This is the week when it is most important to get weigh-ins done on time! The end of the month tallies are painful when there are late ones...

I promise to be back to nag some more until ALL the numbers are there. You know how much they make me happy :tongue:
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215 So glad to hear about the family's COVID test results. No wonder you didn't feel on top of your game! But the past has passed. You can't change it so just let it go. But you can (and will :)) be able to control today and tomorrow...

Yesterday's supper turned out better than I had anticipated. I was over on my calories but nothing ridiculous. It was a yummy tomato feta tart with tomatoes from their own greenhouse as well as a lovely charcuterie board. So a bit tricky to keep track of everything but I did my best and tried to stick to the healthier choices. And I've already completed XBX program for today. I've brought my scale along with me but the numbers all week have been a little wonky. I'm not sure if it is the trailer floor not being quite solid or what but I'll have something for you @jugar !
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    i’m really discouraged right now :(
    I just couldn’t stop eating so I weighed myself and I weigh 4.8 lbs more than i did this morning. I know it’s mostly food and water weight but it really sucks to see that number go up so high
    Oh, I can definitely relate! Put the scale away until your next weigh in day. I'm serious! Write down the negative things you chew on in your head and check-in about the truth or accuracy of those statements...chances are, they're neither! Take another deep breath and give yourself a hug.
    Find one thing you appreciate about yourself, focus on that, then drink a glass or two of water and take a nap. I'm serious about that, too! When I feel discouraged, I'm usually thristy and tired...so, go for it.
    One of the reasons I decided to respond to your post is so I could follow my advice...I wasn't using it so, thank you! I appreciate your honest assessment and willingness to share with us.
    Keep it going. I'm glad you're here.

@YinxFed it's good to see that you're back! Good seeing you. I look forward to hearing more about the classes you're creating.

@Terytha fingers and toes crossed that whatever you find out, you'll be able to tackle head on to work on a solution.

I got a good swim in today and even though some T-storms were building, they scooted off to the horizon and the Connecticut River. They may be back in a while but, I don't mind 'cause I already got some time in the pond!

Have a good Thursday everyone.

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    PW: 215.0
    CW: 216.0
    LTD: 39 LBS

This could have been worse! I was 218 on Monday so I had a loss just not enough for the spreadsheet 😆 I don't know why this months period was so rough. I'm just glad it's over 😌 Moving on...

Yesterday was decent calories. Ate 75 more exercise calories than I wanted but still under. Walked, swam and did my ballet workout yesterday.

Sounds like some of us are having the freak outs! I have had some too. Just remember it's normal and it will pass. Take action 🎬 but do so in a caring way. Show yourself some compassion...okay?

@Stefbomb2020 Happy birthday! You look amazing and it has to feel good fitting into the dress. Looks like an awesome day.
  • thinfairy2020
    Options
    @Stefbomb2020 happy late birthday, you looked amazing!!!!!!
    i’m trying to plan that perfect day today but wow i’m sore! I might be going axe throwing in around 3 hours which will definitely be a good distraction from snacking
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 150.5
    CW 151.5
    Frankly, I was shocked it wasn't worse. I too was finding myself ravenous and reaching for anything and everything for a couple days. Seems to have passed. I got away for a couple days to a beautiful empty cottage, brought my sewing machine, a W.I.P. (work in progress), and a lot of healthy food. Enjoyed the peace and quiet. I need to schedule that again for September/October.
    I wish that 'dry July' only referred to my not drinking any alcohol...it has been brutally dry and super hot in the garden and it looks like its been torched. depressing to go out there. My 'dry July' has been fine and easy, I wonder how I ever saved the calories to have that glass of wine in the evening!
    Stay well all.
This discussion has been closed.