MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @2020shih, @cherrymajoni, @veryhotmails, @trooworld, @digger61, @Cornanda

WOW!!! Look how great you all did this week!! And that includes if you stayed the same. Wayyy to go!! Can’t wait to see what you all do next week. :grin:

sh68ebyggzz9.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    F2F has a new chat thread for members from any team who are now at their goal weight, getting near it, or just want to see what maintenance is like. Drop by any time!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat-july-2020/p1?new=1

If you are already at goal, or want to stop where you are to see if it is indeed your final weight goal, be sure you are in the "Goal Zone" section of your team spreadsheet. Then come to this chat to explore this new and much longer phase together with others. Let's not be a statistic and just gain it all back, right?
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee - sorry for the delay. Maybe it's too late.

145lbs (65.8kg)

Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 2 - July 2020 Sunday
    PW 146lbs (66.3kg) = 28th June
    CW 145lbs (65.8kg)

Sorry I didn't post in the beginning of July. My sleep is everywhere and slept all last weekend.

This week tired so just wanted to sleep than eat. Notice that having to stay awake just want a quick fix of chocolate. But thankfully stopped myself after 2 servings of chocolate.

Lost - but as really not eating much.

GOALS
    1. Eat zoodles for dinner
    2. Eat slower, take at least 15 mins to finish a meal

Looking to fill in some holes on the spreadsheet and wrap up week one:

@apple852hk
    @deadpheonixrising

Thanks!

[/quote]

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! Yay, team!

Hello, everyone! Not much is going on today. I'm taking my mother-in-law on another 2-hour grocery shopping trip lol. It should be "fun" considering it's supposed to get up to 95F here today and I'm waiting in the car. I will leave the a/c on and listen to an audiobook. I'm making another Thug Kitchen recipe tonight: Sweet Potato, Squash, and Black Bean Enchiladas from Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook. This may be a mistake to run the oven in such heat, but then again, we may have our portable a/c on so it may be okay.

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    k6zx2ot6yhm1.jpg
    vmmjg41js1r1.png
    gwcdsgirmqfu.png
    3encghm1f7ry.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.59%
    2nd Weight No More 0.45%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.08%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 26.6 Lbs
    2nd Weight No More 22.1 Lbs
    3rd Shrinking Assets 3.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @GretchenReine 3.09 %
    2nd @ProfDawnLee 2.72%
    3rd @Emmajhare 2.64%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @GretchenReine 9.2 Lbs
    2nd @ProfDawnLee 4.0 Lbs
    3rd @Emmajhare 3.9 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @iamworthy14
    @KristieJC
    @UCGRocks
    @DesertColibri
    @Piqueaboo
    @KelGen02
    @Cornanda
    @Alexsandramorff
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

6dz7cs07eqmc.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    l2uqpv0wujdj.jpg

50+ lbs lost
    @Emmajhare
    @bigblues11

Under 250

@888Angie888
    @KelGen02

Under 175
    @H2596
    @bigblues11

Under 150
    @2020shih

0dri8smnxsf3.jpg

j62ot0vz0zux.png

CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING ONEDERLAND
    @KristieJC

c0bloxdqt1q2.png
    AND LOOK WHO HAS MADE IT TO GOAL!!!!
    @GingerPwr
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the winners! Sorry I haven't commented lately. It's rough still being in the cast. 9 more days to go. I've been weighing myself anyway and there hasn't been much of a fluctuation. I chatted with my daughter yesterday and asked if she thought I should continue doing the zigzag counting. She said she thought I should do the old WW flex points program I did before. I had lost 60 pounds using that program. I still have all the books/papers/etc. I dug everything out yesterday and had a stroll down memory lane (I still have all my logs from 10 years ago). I re-read the Tools section and did a little journaling and wrote out my winning outcome, goals, anchor, etc. Not sure if the current WW program uses these tools. I am feeling very motivated and had a little test run yesterday. I was able to make good choices, stay within the daily points budget, and found that I was pleasantly satisfied by the time I went to bed.

Before I go, I have to share a picture of today's lunch before my daughter trotted off to work. The purple potatoes are straight from her garden and they were delicious steamed. We also had boiled carrots and baked tofu. I ended up topping mine with Himalayan Pink Salt and nutritional yeast. Completely stuffed!
    1evkcuyghbmx.jpg
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 258
    Todays Weight: 259

Sorry for late
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    MommaGemz wrote: »
    I sent a note to support@fitrockr.com to let them know. It looks like a glitch with the data coming from FitBit, as everyone with a suspiciously low step count is a Fitbit user (currently 6 through 18 on our team rankings). 
    Bethanie P and Michelle M are FitBit users, but their step counts are not so obviously problematic (maybe they just had a larger number of steps in when the issue occurred?).

Their support has been amazingly helpful for a free app (appears to be just a labor of love). Based on past experience, they will sort this out pretty quickly. They are based in Europe, and may not look at this until tomorrow?

Do you know if there are any standard troubleshooting steps I could take that might help out? It's still showing a sync date of July 6th. I've even logged into the desktop version of Fitbit thinking that might help it out. It's just hard to get excited about a program that is inconsistent (this is the Data Nerd in me that is cringing about the effect of a "forgotten" week on my overall statistics). FitBit is syncing with MFP just fine, so at least some exchange of the data is happening with Fitbit.

Thanks for your help with this!

Hi there!

@MommaGemz - Phew! So glad that you found the manual sync option!

I did get got a reply from FitRockr:
    We have opened a ticket at Fitbit as it seems that syncs have stopped on July 6. Fitbit rarely answers tickets so the best way forward is for participants that experience issues with Fitbit syncing to reconnect. This can be done in the Fitrockr profile. Just click on disconnect and connect again.
    @MommaGemz , @GretchenReine and @bethanie0825 - If automatic syncing is not working right now, you might try disconnecting and reconnecting?

We have 3 other people that were affected by the Fitbit glitch on July 6 and whose data has not been synced since.
    @raleighgirl09 , @Jactop , and @leonadixon -- It sounds like the best things to do, per FitRockr, is to log on to your FitRockr profile, and then disconnect and reconnect to Fitbit. I think if you do that sometime Saturday or Sunday, your data for the entire week will be updated.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

So, if anybody knows a better way to do this, please feel free to say so! We used to manage a Slimpossibles Step Challenge by having challengers report their steps in this discussion thread and having someone collect those and add them up each week on a spreadsheet, so that's one option if anyone is up for it!

I think mine finally synced.

If FitRockr ever becomes an issue, I am more than happy to man a spreadsheet and keep track of it to keep us going. I am a spreadsheet junkie!!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Hopefully the 9 days will fly by. Good luck with your new program! :) Your lunch looks yummy. I love the purple potatoes. Usually, when I cook them, they come out gray lol. I must be cooking them too long.

@GretchenReine WOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, GIRL!

Hello everyone! Lately, the weekend has become the weakend for me. I don't mind one day of less nutritious choices, but this weekend, it was two days. :( This is not going to get me to goal! What happens is my husband is home, it's the weekend, I want to relax and have fun and then this happens. I didn't go hog-wild binging, but here's an example of my weekend behavior, this happened this weekend:
    Saturday
    Breakfast: frozen fruit smoothie
    Lunch: tuna salad sandwich w/single serving Cheetos
    Dinner: Hot dog on a bun with air-fried frozen fries
    Sunday
    Breakfast: fat-free Greek yogurt with bananas and sliced almonds
    Lunch: Panda Express 1/2 Super Greens, 1/2 chow mein + String Bean Chicken Breast + Firecracker Shrimp (didn't eat all of this)
    Dinner: 2 pieces of thin-sliced pizza
    Plus I had 2 beers on both nights. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sunday
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: ride the spin bike, eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Hopefully the 9 days will fly by. Good luck with your new program! :) Your lunch looks yummy. I love the purple potatoes. Usually, when I cook them, they come out gray lol. I must be cooking them too long.

@GretchenReine WOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, GIRL!

Hello everyone! Lately, the weekend has become the weakend for me. I don't mind one day of less nutritious choices, but this weekend, it was two days. :( This is not going to get me to goal! What happens is my husband is home, it's the weekend, I want to relax and have fun and then this happens. I didn't go hog-wild binging, but here's an example of my weekend behavior, this happened this weekend:
    Saturday
    Sunday
    Lunch: Panda Express 1/2 Super Greens, 1/2 chow mein + String Bean Chicken Breast + Firecracker Shrimp (didn't eat all of this)

Sunday
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: ride the spin bike, eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water

Weekends are absolutely the hardest...and it's a mental game for sure! Maybe meal planning for the weekend with him? Even if y'all discuss ahead of time where you're going to eat so you can look at the menu and plan ahead of time with your calories (or whatever you track). All in all it doesn't sound like you did really bad with food. Maybe be a little more active? I'm sure it's tough when you're home with him...you want quality time and all.
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Wahooooo Team Slimpossibles!! We rocked it out this week taking the lead in weight loss and the highest percentage of losses!! B) Big shout out to @GretchenReine for her 9.2 Lb. loss! Wayyyy to go!! Let's keep it up and make next week even better!!! :grin:

6xis5em3sknz.png

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

What is the Green Challenge???
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    So, my weekend was quite sedentary...as a lot of weekends are. I did not hit my step goal either day. My food was not bad, which I'm happy with...and which will help me...but...I'm still nervous about weighing in on Wednesday. This will only be my second weigh-in with my new goals. I've done quite well with them...although they are far from perfect. The key is progress, not perfection...right?! Anyways, week 1 was beyond amazing as far as weigh-ins go. I was dedicated and on-point and couldn't have asked for a better weigh-in. I'm not unrealistic though. I've seen The Biggest Loser. I know how WEEK 2 goes!!! Don't we all? I've got 2 days to get my butt moving and make sure I hit my goals and do everything to make sure it's the best weigh-in it could be. LOL It's not going to be a week 1 weigh-in...but I'd like for it to not be UP if that's at all possible!

And yes...I am going to stress about it for the next 2 days!!!

On another note...I've already started looking ahead to my August goals...how do I improve upon this month? What can I add? What do I need to change? Things like that!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I prick the peanut butter tortilla with a fork but they still puff up. I do it for about 4 minutes. A friend tried it and his fan is super strong and it made a mess, my air fryer is a Ninja and it comes out awesome. Um, if my peanut butter spills I may or may not wait for it to cool a bit and scoop it up. Man have I been craving one but I can't have peanut butter in the house, I've lost 6lbs the last 10 days and am almost back to goal, cravings aren't as bad now that I'm back to mostly produce thank goodness! I must've been bloated more than I thought as I'm basically just not eating exercise calories then eating at maintenance.

I've been doing vegetarian Wednesdays and we switched it to Monday, I'm looking forward to pasta with a ton of veggies and herbs from the garden. I roasted a bunch of vegetables and skipped most the pasta the other night, tonight I'll probably make pesto instead of meat sauce but I have to crack the walnuts I have on my table and only have feta cheese. The guy I'm seeing is visiting for another day, I had trouble getting on yesterday and thought I lost a 540 day streak! One of my "friends' on here got mad at me and is threatening to get me kicked off fitbit by harassing me unless I apologize to him for something I didn't do. I let Fitbit know what's going on as he's been reporting me. I was stalked in college and I absolutely refuse to let a man harass and threaten me over something so stupid. I hope this will just end, I know what I legally have to do from college and hopefully it's handled and won't go further.

Sunday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, hip hop, Fitness Marshall dance, yoga, foam rolling, arm weights, earth energy meditation
    Calories- under
    Water- awesome!

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- done
    Yoga- done
    Recipe- just been throwing stuff together, made some awesome meat sauce with ground turkey and chicken sausage but no recipe
    Steps- 11,000-12,000
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012, that is great that you have gotten some new motivation by digging out your old WW materials. Just think if you stick to your plan how great the scale will be once you get that cast off. Those purple potatoes look fun!! :)

@trooworld, my only suggestion for your weekends is to first plan ahead the best you can and to try to make wiser choices. I know that it’s hard when your DH is around and you both are wanting to relax. You just got to keep your eye on the prize! ;)

@GretchenReine, the Green Challenge is a fun thing we do to try to keep the teams motivated to lose weight. When we record your weigh-in on the spreadsheet it is recorded in green if you have any kind of loss. If you have a gain it is recorded in red. So the percentage is for the team that has the most losses no matter how small. :) You are smart to be realistic with your week 2 goals. Week one was amazing for you but as you know that was a lot of water weight that you lost. Now you go into fat loss and that will be a lot slower. You just keep working on your goals and doing the best you can you will see results. <3

Hey team! Well, I ended up not doing my workout this morning. I was all set up with my weights and everything when a friend called who needed to vent, so I listened to her for over an hour. Then I had to rush to get dressed so I could take my mom shopping. I’m going to do some housework in a bit and will call that my workout for the day. :grin: I’m also doing something today called meal-less Monday where I am not eating all day and plan to fast for at least 36 hours. I’m going to really try and if I can't do it then I will eat something later that will be under 500 calories. It’s called Alternate Day Fasting so tomorrow will be an up day where I will eat at least two full meals. Lots of IF’s have had success with ADF and getting their weight to move. We will see!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I do know how week 2 goes...so I'm trying to be prepared. I'm also trying to not give myself a "pass" to eat whatever I want knowing that it won't be a big loss...if that makes sense. Good luck with your IF today...and your housework! I'm glad you were able to be there for your friend!!!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »

Saturday
    Sunday

Sunday

@trooworld I totally get the whole weekend and planning for a little more indulgent, laid back fare. Looking at your weekend food posted, I would suggest the following. Breakfast seems pretty benign and likely pretty close to what you normally might have? Then lunch and dinner venture into choices more 'weekendy' or spontaneous. For those, I would suggest planning ahead for the 1 meal per day - either lunch or dinner but not both - to have the more indulgent or fun or spontaneous choices, however it is you're thinking of that type of meal. Make it the one most associated with a fun event, time spent with hubby or a socially distanced event, etc. For the other one, pre-plan a normal meal. You may need to do that around other events such as - you have a party in the afternoon and dinner out at night. Pick the one to plan more indulgent eating and make choices that are on plan for the other meal. You'll have some kind of idea of what the choices will be even if they are not 100% within your control. And if they are - so much the better.

You can also try other things such as @vegan4lyfe2012 has done with calorie averaging and having fewer on 5 days and 'saving' some for the other days, but maintaining your overall average target calories for the week. This could help keep it all together even with some more flexible eating planned.

Lastly, I would suggest looking at your thoughts surrounding the weekend eating and choices, as well as the weekdays. Do you feel restricted on weekdays and need a 'break' from those choices on the weekend - and why, if yes? Do you allow flexible enough choices during the week to not feel deprived on the weekends? Are you getting some "relief" from something that you need to focus on and figure out? What is being relieved and what are you telling yourself about that relief? Are you taking yourself into an 'all or nothing' mentality? The backlash of being really good all week (this is the all part) can be when you move off of the plan and it becomes much more than you wanted to indulge in (this is the nothing part -my fave podcast calls this 'eff it' eating). Planning ahead to indulge can actually help when you are maintaining your resolve to not indulge. You can still enjoy the event, outting, evening or lovely midday even with on-plan choices. What I mean by that, as an example, is you can enjoy yogurt and fruit at a ballgame instead of hotdogs and chips and still be with people you like, watching a fun game and having fun and the only difference is the food in your mouth. Many times we equate one with the other when actually - the food isn't the most fun part of the event, it's one component and if we break down, the people and reason for the event are the real reason it's fun - we just typically wrap it all into one fluffy ball and then have a hard time separating the food from the rest of it.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: day off
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: arm day extra walking and more sleep
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    HI Team! Sorry I have been so quiet lately. Last week was very hormonal (that TOM) and my motivation was incredibly low. I still managed to log every day, stay within my calorie window, and meet all my exercise goals, but it took pure strength of willpower to get there. I crashed on the couch and didn't move every evening. But I did read every single post and that also kept me motivated and on the right track! Thank you so much to every one who contributes on this thread - especially at times when I am not contributing back, because it really saved me last week!

Today I am feeling much more energized after getting some sleep this weekend. I did have a bout of stress and anxiety this morning, but that wound down and I was able to kick some butt on the stationary bike.

I have been adjusting my calorie window/deficit so I can have enough energy during the days, but still have a sufficient deficit to lose about a pound a week. I think I'm getting there. I have a rough idea of what I should eat on exercise vs non-exercise days. I just have to give it a week or two to see if it's correct.

Anyone else doing the Week 3 challenge? I decided on flights of stairs and I'm already regretting it :D:D
This discussion has been closed.