MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - wow! I'm so impressed with your fast! You go girl!
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Congratulations all FitRockr Steppers!! Nearly 1 million steps - Wow!!

Today I was so tired I nearly swam in a pot of coffee all day. Thank goodness this wasn't a cardio day! I can get steps when I'm tired but I sure can't get on the bike :o I also avoided snacking all day. Nothing makes me want to snack and graze more than sleep deprivation (no wonder I kept on all the weight after I had kids!). I had pre-planned my day and I stuck to it. Now time to get the kids to bed and crash out myself :D
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Well, I lost my giddy yup between lunch and dinner. I had an eating fit while cooking, which happens to me sometimes. I did log it all and I wasn't over as badly I expected. That is a win for me- logging it and being honest with myself helps me decrease the frequency of these issues. Tomorrow is another day!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 698 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in (and maybe Wed...?)

Eh, it's gonna be a tight few days. Contract gig heating up, grandbaby needs her Gigi so Mamma can go to work before daycare opens, interview went well and soooooo hoping to get that second interview scheduled (they already let me know I'm in for the second one!!)!! Contract - the site (vascular surgeon) I am helping out is feverishly working to get subjects enrolled and there is a lot of prep work on the front end and...I just want to do right by them. The sites - the subjects (people who agree to be in a clinical trial) mean an awful lot to me. Suffice to say that there are a lot of meeting of intersections in life right now and things to navigate.

I want to pause for a moment and say - I know there are so many of us that are in the middle of some powerful stuff. Sometimes we know because we say it out loud - and sometimes we know because we wonder where some of the voices we have come to appreciate have gone. If this is you - and you pop in just to read - I want to say I am thankful you do. Please keep doing that, even if you do not have the time or energy to respond. It's ok to absorb, take care of you. If you're keepin' on keepin' on, that is fantastic. If you need help, stop by or even just message the fearless someone privately. I, and I am sure many others here, would be happy to chat it out.

Hey - YAY STEPPERS!!! It's not easy day by day to keep the dedication to continue striving for the goal. Nice work, gang!

@TeresaW1020 wow, so darn proud of you!! Was just telling hubby today that hunger is not an emergency and it is the rhetoric that we tell ourselves around hunger that is the real issue. I agree with your earlier post....it is waves. They come, they go - they can pass. And sometimes (oftentimes??) it's ok to ride it out. Not gonna preach it but some hunger is ok and learning to deal with it is as important as healthful eating. Learning what hunger is to you, for you, and how to get through it helps in so many immeasurable ways. Keep it up, nice work.
    @MommaGemz WOW - yay YOU!!! It's hard to hold the fort when it feels like it's crashing around you but being able to talk to yourself about what you care about while in the midst of the difficult lagging fatigue....awesome. So happy for you, I know you feel so good for your effort and happy with YOU. => Fab.
    @AustinRuadhain YES! Rock the vote!
    @trooworld wow, I love that you are getting deep into the thought work on all of these factors. The most important thing is you giving it the attention and thought, the sidebars from all of us in the Slims, while helpful to guide you, are not the critical component...YOU are the critical component. Awesome stuff.... => And your planning via bank register is about a GENIUS plan!
    @Cornanda so awesome, YES - tomorrow is another day. Another opportunity to meet yourself and goals and if they fall shy for some reason....another opportunity to learn about YOU, and adjust, adjust, adjust. You are doing well, you are being kind to you. You can *absolutely* keep doing that, we have faith in you, I hope you have faith in you. You can do this. The key is truly being dialed into you and your thoughts around the things that have historically drug you down. This will help you move on if/WHEN crap doesn't go as planned but you always have you and you always have a new opportunity at the next meal or day. I love you having the known menu options for the places you like! I'm going to combine this and and the idea from @trooworld - look at the history to see where you have been and when next we go out to eat, I'm going to look at the history of what we have liked (and advocate for that) - and then use the online menu to guide me!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    @Katmary71 - tonight I made the skinnytaste giant turkey meatball and it was very yummy! Thanks for the idea. I'm at a stage where I'm sick of all my recipes. However, when I pasted the recipe into MFP it came up with double the calories that she has posted on skinnytaste..... ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh no, the calorie count doesn't sound right?! I've been maintaining and can eat two servings which is huge and my maintenance calories before exercise is only 1450. I can double-check in between posts and see as I used recipe builder for it. I love using basil instead of parsley, it's probably my favorite of her recipes. She has a maple-soy glaze for salmon with siracha that's really good too, it's probably my second favorite. I still have two of her cookbooks from the library since they don't want returns, I've had them for 3 months!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda The calorie count I have for the meatball is 275/4 servings.

Tuesday check-in
    Calories- over
    Exercise- none
    Water- great!

Habits- no exercise, took the day off. Did great while my friend was here but went crazy tonight. It's pain and the accompanying anxiety, I tried to do things I shouldn't have like cooking as I love doing it plus hate leaving the kitchen messy and am real stubborn about letting people see me being "weak" so by the time the guy I'm seeing left i was hurting a lot and exhausted. He sees me with my legs elevated and helps me out but it's not something I'm used to sharing if that makes sense. It's me, my body, and soul in survival mode and it's my battle. People can offer support but aside of others with similar pain conditions most don't get it and I won't whine or "poor me" over it. It is what it is.

Back on track tomorrow!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    F2F has a new chat thread for members from any team who are now at their goal weight, getting near it, or just want to see what maintenance is like. Drop by any time!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat-july-2020/p1?new=1

If you are already at goal, or want to stop where you are to see if it is indeed your final weight goal, be sure you are in the "Goal Zone" section of your team spreadsheet. Then come to this chat to explore this new and much longer phase together with others. Let's not be a statistic and just gain it all back, right?

I've never ever hit my goal...I get "near" it and then gain it all back. I've done this twice now.

and
    MommaGemz wrote: »
    I've never ever hit my goal...I get "near" it and then gain it all back. I've done this twice now.

Me too. Meee toooo :'(

@GretchenReine and @MommaGemz this is such a powerful thought pattern, one I have had many times and still, even now, have to override in my head. One of the best things I have learned in working the 'thought work' angle of weight loss is that we have these crappy thoughts and we can either battle against them and say we shouldn't and think there's something wrong with us for thinking it or....OR....we could say, ok that's a thought I have as a habit but I don't have to be in pain over it and I don't have to believe it. For now, I can tweak it and start there. So the thought is "I'll never hit my goal." The next time I hear that thought, I can change the conversation a little and purposefully change the direction of that kind of thinking. "I have not hit my goal in the past. For today, I can do X and Y and especially Z to hit my goal for today and help me get to the ultimate goal. I believe that I can hit my goal. I believe that I can build habits that will help me hit my goal."

You don't have to believe it to start that conversation with yourself but it is helpful because you are building a new thought pattern. If we just keep drowning in the crappy thoughts, we will continue to believe them. Of all of the things that weigh us down - literally - it's what we're constantly telling ourselves and then we point to everything that goes wrong and say we are proving it to ourselves.

You can hit your goal. => What can you do today to get there and what can you tell yourself about it?
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Wow, you are incredible! Congratulations. Woo hoo!!! You did it, you can do anything you set your mind to, girl!

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! How have you been?

@MommaGemz Congrats on not snacking while tired. That's huge!

@raleighgirl09 I love what you said about the people that are in the middle of stuff, that is so nice. And YES, after I wrote what I wrote yesterday, I did go through my bank registers and I'll say more below. :)

@Katmary71 I made the infamous "PB Tortilla + Honey and Cinnamon" last night and it was as good as I hoped it would be! ;) Thank you for telling us about it.

Hello everyone! I said yesterday that I would go through my bank statements and see where we've been eating out. That was pretty easy to do as I balance my checkbook in a spreadsheet and I just put a filter on the spreadsheet and choose the category "eating out" and it just shows entries tagged "eating out". I found the most frequent restaurants we ordered from were: poke, pizza, Mediterranean/kebab, Thai, Chinese, sandwich, and sushi. I selected some choices from the menu of each restaurant and put it in the notes app of my phone (see the photo below). This should be a great help! :)

Tuesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: Leslie Sansone video
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Leslie Sansone video, eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water

y9deb9m64hj8.jpg
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories- Under
    Exercise- walking and weights
    Water- 104oz
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    I want to pause for a moment and say - I know there are so many of us that are in the middle of some powerful stuff. Sometimes we know because we say it out loud - and sometimes we know because we wonder where some of the voices we have come to appreciate have gone. If this is you - and you pop in just to read - I want to say I am thankful you do. Please keep doing that, even if you do not have the time or energy to respond. It's ok to absorb, take care of you. If you're keepin' on keepin' on, that is fantastic.

I wanted to take a moment to say Thank you! This was a great reminder and really just what I needed to absorb today. Every person's experience inspires me, even if I don't have the energy to respond to every post (or even to make a post myself).
    You can hit your goal. => What can you do today to get there and what can you tell yourself about it?

I am trying to shift my perspective about past experiences. I can sink into the feelings of disappointment about the past, or I can look at it and see how I can learn from it and modify my current and future experiences. The best strategy for me right now is to focus on just the current day. Only the current day. Looking at the months it may take me to reach the goal is just overwhelming.

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I just wanted to check in and say that I've been reading everyone's posts and what's relevant to others sure can be relevant to me. Thanks to all of you for sharing the good the bad and the unpleasant.

I've been doing really good so far, being back on my old WW program. This is day 5 and I ended the other 4 days all on my target points. I still put the food into my diary on here to see the calories and I am kind of surprised that the calories ended up being about 100 less than MFP says I can have. So...I've been ending my days in the GREEN and it makes me feel so good!

Just 6 more days for this stupid cast to come off. I tried giving blood today, but since I have a donor tendon, they said I have to wait 90 days from the date of surgery (because I received a cadaver tendon). The nurse was so kind. She said I needed to keep all my red blood cells for my ankle to heal and that was more important than me donating. I felt terrible taking an appointment slot that someone else could have used. But, now I know...just have to wait until August 28th.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday. Drink that water, peeps!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@vegan4lyfe2012 That is great that you are doing so well! I have never had a cast so I can only imagine how happy you will be to finally have it off. How long will you have to be in the boot? :)

@MommaGemz I sooo resonated with your post on shifting your perspective about past experiences. It is very easy for me to get so upset with myself over what I haven’t done that I can lose sight of what I’m doing right now and what I’m learning about myself. We really only have today and dwelling on our past mistakes doesn’t really help us move forward. Thank you for the reminder! <3

@trooworld, that is a great idea to plan ahead for when you will eat out and what you will have. I look forward to hearing from you on how it helps with impulse eating. B)
    You don't have to believe it to start that conversation with yourself but it is helpful because you are building a new thought pattern. If we just keep drowning in the crappy thoughts, we will continue to believe them. Of all of the things that weigh us down - literally - it's what we're constantly telling ourselves and then we point to everything that goes wrong and says we are proving it to ourselves.

Nailed it!! B) I haven’t reached my goal either or really gotten close to it in over 25 years. Twice I made it to 202 lbs but didn’t get into Onderland. Like I said to MommaGemz, I can easily beat myself up for what I haven’t done. But what does all that crappy, negative talk do for me? Nothing!! I HAVE to believe and tell myself that I will see Onderland and then I will see my goal weight. There really is no other conversation about my weight worth having. Thanks, friend!! <3

@Katmary71, I get what you're saying about your pain being your battle. I have a friend who suffers from chronic pain and most of the time no one has a clue because she just refuses to let it conquer her. I think you are like that too. We are all inspired by your grit and determination. <3

Hello everyone! Today, was a mellow one. I did a really good biceps/back weight program and then Barre cardio. Afterward, I dusted and swept my floors. Then I spent some time working a new jigsaw puzzle and binge listening to my favorite podcast, Intermittent Fasting Stories by Gin Stephens. I just LOVE listening to the stories of these real people and how IF has changed their lives. I decided to start over with episode one and take notes from the stories that really resonate with me. Today’s notes included making friends with hunger so that it doesn’t control me. Also, since no food is off-limits I don’t have to feel deprived or that I need to eat all the foods at once. Food will always be here for me to eat. I am just choosing to delay and not deny it. Today, I broke my fast at 21 ½ hours and had an iced coffee and a Quest bar. For dinner, we grilled hotdogs and I had a side of jalapeno chips with them. I’m sure the sodium was high so I better go get a big glass of water. :grin:
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Today’s notes included making friends with hunger so that it doesn’t control me. Also, since no food is off-limits I don’t have to feel deprived or that I need to eat all the foods at once. Food will always be here for me to eat. I am just choosing to delay and not deny it. Today, I broke my fast at 21 ½ hours and had an iced coffee and a Quest bar. For dinner, we grilled hotdogs and I had a side of jalapeno chips with them. I’m sure the sodium was high so I better go get a big glass of water. :grin:

@TeresaW1020 way to go!! Friends with hunger, yes! Just like the hills we walk on are our friends (burning extra calories) the hunger is also a friend. Not talking about starvation, etc., but hunger is first and foremost - a natural bodily function that serves a purpose. And sometimes, the purpose is for me to know when I am using some of the stores of energy I have hanging out on the ol' bod. This is huge! What if we say - hey, awesome....I'M HUNGRY!!! ;) And choose to see it as a good sign. I have often done the challenge with myself I described some months back - I wait an hour. If I'm still hungry, I may eat a snack, the next meal early, etc. If not - and this happens more than folks at first might think - I'm actually no longer hungry. But you already know this doing the IF....good for you!

My mantra is - I am not deprived. I have chosen not to eat (fill in the blank) for a while or today or *right now* but I could eat it is I chose to - and then I think about why I want to stay with that choice. And I can look forward to the food I am currently avoiding when I plan for it.
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Wow, such great thoughts to unpack on here. Tomorrow's schedule will contain extra time for re-reading and reflection. <3
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I will be in a boot for 2 to 3 weeks.

I have an NSV to share: After Wednesday night Bible study, my daughter asked me to stop at a store on the way home because she wanted some Spicy Sweet Doritos. I started craving them...but instead of giving in to the impulse to grab a bag for myself, too, I mentioned we should have TVP tacos for dinner and she agreed. I satisfied my chip craving via tacos instead :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In

Username - bethanie0825
    Day - Tuesday
    Previous - 230
    Current - 227
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday quick end of day check in!

Hi all - calories were under today and water over....water has been mostly good buuuut, I have had a few days where I have to really force even the minimum and 1 time, not even that. I have to really keep thinking about it these days. Exercise is good, getting a good walk in daily - hip has been whispering to me the last couple of days, after 2 week of no pain at all. Coincidentally - steps have increased most days. I'll probably be talking to my doc about it when I go see him.

@bethanie0825 wow, I am so happy for you - you have really been putting forth the effort and it shows! Wonderful loss this week, congrats!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 what a great NSV! Recognizing a trigger right away, worth so much!! Redirecting the urge/craving into something manageable and on plan.....priceless! B) Man - I know you are counting every second to bye-bye BOOT! Will you be on limted physical activity for a while? What a disappointment about the blood giving but it will be here before you know it...and THANK YOU for being a donor!!
    @MommaGemz you're doing the right things and you're right - the past is in the past. It doesn't have to be the future, too. So smart - one day at a time, one moment at a time. One meal and one pound at a time. That's how it happens anyway and the if you can conquer these small stackable foundational pieces, the bigger picture naturally takes shape. => <3
    @trooworld man, I need to have dinner in your town! What great choices and so smart to have your choices lined up!
    @Cornanda and @katmary71 I have found a few times that the calories don't always match up when I run them through the MFP recipe function - and there have been times I have had to very carefully pick through the entries because some of them are....well, there is no other word for it...some are just wrongWRONG.
    @katmary71 hugs, friend.... <3 What a crazy balance to have to ride, between being stoic and being open. I sometimes think that folks dealing with things also don't always want to be asked 'how are you?' because maybe the answer is not something they want to dive into - and maybe they just hate being asked. I'm so glad that you have found your way around what works for you and how to manage that, and manage the people. And you just keeping doing and trying. And getting back on track - the important part. =>
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Thank you so much! I think a humongous struggle for me is setting the goal and knowing what's realistic. I mean, I set my small goals...that part I can do. However, setting the "ultimate" goal weight is tough for me. You can't really go by BMI charts (even my doctors tell me they're *kitten*) and I've never been a healthy weight as an adult. I guess my first big goal is to get to ONEderland and go from there. BMI charts say I should be between 125 and 169...which both seem ridiculous to me. I'm 5'8" and have been over 200 pounds since the 8th grade. I can't even fathom what I'd look like at those weights! LOL I've hit ONEderland once as an adult and then lost it. This last time that I lost over 100 pounds...I got close but didn't hit it. I always put it back on though. :(
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In!

Username - MommaGemz
    Weigh-in Day - Thursday
    SW - 196.2
    PW - 187.6
    CW - 187.1
    LTD - 9.1
This discussion has been closed.