MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I don't know if hang in there is the right thing to say. I think you're holding up remarkably well for all that you are going through. Pain like you describe is really tough. You work really hard to keep your chin up in spite of it, and are tireless in looking for solutions. I admire that so much. Your feelings are your feelings- sounds like you were looking forward to the day, but it didn't turn out as expected- always disappointing. <3

Congratulations to all the losers! (lol, this is the only place it's OK to say that.....)
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91 wrote: »
    Thursday
    gwamajtw91
    PW: 167.2
    CW: 167.1
    LTD: 8.9

Hey any loss is a loss - am I right? ;):D

@broncobuddee
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    uey2jdtzpcuk.png

Wahoooo congrats to our top winners!! Keep it up! B)

@trooworld, good job on keeping your eating under control yesterday. How did you do today? Wow to reading three books at once! That would hurt my head! :D

@apple852hk, great loss this week! Looks like you have found a good balance where you lose weight and can still have a few treats during the week. ;)

@Katmary71, have you ever done or considered intermittent fasting? Not for weight loss but for health reasons. Gin Stephens talks about all the benefits in her new book, “Fast, Feat, Repeat.” In her FB groups and on her podcasts people are always talking about amazing things happening with their health. Not pushing this lifestyle on you, but I see how open you are to doing whatever you can to end your pain. And of course, it might not do that for you all. <3 Anyway, that is funny about your nephews and your sister-in-law! :grin:

Hi Team! Today, was a good day. I did Barre cardio this morning and was able to do most of the program without taking too many breaks. The trainer keeps us either squatting or standing on one leg for like forever! I have gotten much stronger, so I guess she knows what she is doing. 😉 I made tuna noodle casserole for dinner and didn’t overdo it. Mostly because I want to have a wine spritzer in a little while with hubby. He asked if he should buy more wine and I said not for a couple of weeks. If it’s in the fridge then I want it! :grin:

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,627 Member
    Options
    @apple852hk nice loss! I got used to desserts and switched them to healthier ones like fruit or butternut squash with Greek yogurt. @AustinRuadhain gave me the great idea of baked apple, butternut squash, cranberries, cinnamon, and cashew milk, it's SO GOOD! It's better than it sounds, trust me!

@trooworld A book club would be so fun! I'm rereading Lestat by Anne Rice then reading The Paleo Solution Diet by Robb Wolf, then browse my Skinnytaste cookbooks from the library. I don't usually listen to audiobooks, I tend to have music on all the time, while reading or working out. Sounds like you're doing awesome!

Yeah team, nice losses! @Raleighgirl09 leading the pack, way to go!

• Katmary71
    Options
    @Cornanda Thank you so much!

@TeresaW1020 I actually tried Intermittent Fasting but skipping a meal. I usually just have coffee for breakfast so I did it naturally for years and with weight loss my blood sugar would go low but not real bad, between 68-75. I tried losing dinner instead but went down to 60 FBS so that's too low, I was eating everything in the house. I suspect it's because I was working out before dinner then so I never ate after a long cardio workout. I started eating breakfast when working out in the mornings so I wouldn't crash from workouts. Now I'm back to no breakfast, I don't think I could do just OMAD because of this.

Sunday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- yoga, arm cardio, dance, foam rolling, earth energy meditation/healing. abs
    Water- over

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga- done
    Core/arms- done- challenged myself to do sit ups for a song and it was the longest song ever, I did 400 more sit ups than normal!
    Recipe- none
    steps- 17,000

Great day, decided I'm going to study Kundalini yoga, I started looking into it last night. I tend to be more high energy and scientific but it takes natural and spiritual things I've done in the past and combines them. I did a Kundalini short video and it made me go to the bathroom 4 times in an hour so I got feedback right away and dove right in! I'm decked out in a bunch of gemstone jewelry to represent different chakras and accidentally went overboard watching videos from end to root and tried balancing all the ones I know need balancing only to discover in the last video you let loose all kinds of energy and get unbalanced if you don't start at Root Chakra. It's kind of scary because it talks about a huge release of spiritual fire when you release your Kundalini and I'm a control freak. It'll be real interesting and different, it would be pretty cool if developing and balancing my spiritual side is what all this pain is about and it helps. If not, I become more in tune with myself which will be a huge benefit and a win-win. AND I didn't even WANT a peanut butter tortilla for dessert! OK, a little bit, but I had to eat all the colors to represent the chakras I'm weak in and brown and white flour aren't chakra colors.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    FitRockr synced perfectly all week, until I left work Friday morning. It hadn't synced since then so I got no credit for my weekend steps at all. Boo :'(
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    FitRockr synced perfectly all week, until I left work Friday morning. It hadn't synced since then so I got no credit for my weekend steps at all. Boo :'(

I'm still not used to checking it! :'(
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    So my weekend was pretty much a bust as far as my goals go. I've managed to stick to "no sweets" and "no sodas" although even that was a struggle. I was craving crap so bad. I could not make myself go out in the heat this weekend to workout though. I have no choice but to make sure to hit my steps today and tomorrow or Wednesday's weigh-in is going to suck so hard!!!

Considering I really wanted ice cream this weekend, I am proud of myself for steering clear of the sweets. When my daughter and I grabbed lunch, I stuck to my water and no frosty. So, those are wins despite how sedentary I was!!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! How did I do Sunday? I did okay, I had to use my restaurant notes. ;) More below. Yeah, I switch between the books a lot. It would drive some people crazy, I know! lol I love tuna noodle casserole. :)

@Katmary71 It can be but...I have pretty bad social anxiety so it is also anxiety-provoking. :( Especially when someone asks me a question directly. It's not bad when I can sit back and just fade into the wallpaper and listen, but when someone asks me what I thought about a book or anything else, I get tripped up and usually feel really stupid. I'm a much better conversationalist in the virtual world. :) I've not read Lestat but I've read Interview with a Vampire, which I loved. I should read more by Anne Rice, she's good! Yeah, when working out, I tend to have music on, too. Thanks! Good luck with the Kundalini yoga, I hope it helps you.

@GretchenReine It's soooo hard to do anything in the heat, let alone workout! Congrats on the wins! :)

Hello all. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I took the dog for a walk in the morning and then had leftovers for lunch. It was hot all day and I went over to take a shower at my brother-in-law's apartment and by the time we got home, it was about 6:30 pm and I did not feel like cooking dinner. It's a good thing I had my trusty list of restaurant choices! I used it to order some sushi delivery and stay on-plan. It's supposed to be kind of hot today, too, so I'm going to cook some meals right now to thwart any feelings of not wanting to cook later.

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options

You still have time to manually sync your data. Go to the "Dashboard" page and at the top there is this very, very smaaalllll button that says "Fetch Data." Press that and it will manully grab your info 👍
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I get an email every Sunday from FitRockr that reminds me to check on syncing.

@TeresaW1020 @raleigh_girl thanks to your previous comments on fasting and hunger, today I am telling myself that I can wait, hunger is not going to hurt me. I did OK over the weekend and now I want to build on it this week.

@GretchenReine I like how staunch you are being in sticking to your goals. You should be very proud of yourself! Cravings are tough and they happen. When I start getting them it can lead me to completely fall off the wagon and go on a free for all- which is worse than allowing myself a small treat. If you're still craving ice cream this week, the child size frosty has 200 calories.... I also like Yasso bars (frozen yogurt)-- they have lots of yummy flavors- (cookie dough! Oreo!) and around 100 calories.

• GretchenReine
    Options
    @Cornanda I'm so very much like you! I typically fall off the wagon and binge on an entire box of Dove bars. I did look for Skinny Cow ice creams yesterday but the grocery store was out of them. I haven't heard of Yasso bars before. I might have to see if they carry those. I'm trying not to give myself too much leeway because then I'll just give in to regular sweets and I'll be back to a family size bag of Double Stuf in no time!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @Katmary71 There are many ways to do IF and it sounds like you are doing just that. My mom eats two meals a day and I do too at times. I’ve just started doing OMAD and longer fast. Do you put cream or sugars in your coffee in the morning? I do firmly believe that a clean fast where you take in no calories or flavors (other than bitter) is best for health benefits. Ohhh and I LOVE Anne Rice’s writing! Lestat is such a great book! :)

@GretchenReine Hey good for you for not caving into your ice cream craving. That is a major win! I used to go to a WW meeting with a woman who walked 4 to 6 miles a day inside her house. She would put on a podcast or book on tape and walk and walk. We were always amazing at her. :)

@trooworld That is great that your planned restaurant choice was there for you to choose from. And even better than you are cooking foods for when you don’t want to cook. You are going to have a great weigh-in this week if you keep this up!

@Cornanda Great job at not letting hunger control you and having a good weekend! I have found that when I’m hungry if I will go have a big glass of water or even a cup of black coffee that the hunger will pass. I think learning the difference between head hunger and true hunger is something we all struggle with. But I believe that it can be done! ;)

Hi Team! Well, I finished off the bottle of wine last night and vowed to not touch anymore for at least two weeks. I’m feeling really dedicated right now and wine calling my name isn’t part of the plan. :D I had a good workout this morning doing weights for my triceps and back and then I did Barre cardio. I have four more weeks of this workout program and then I get to move on to something new. It’s definitely making me stronger and more flexible. I fasted 20 hours today, but that is because I didn’t even turn my fasting app on until 8:30 pm last night. Hubby went and got us Subway and I had the chicken teriyaki with lots of veggies and some chips and then I'm back to fasting. Tomorrow, I will fast until at least noon because I have to take mom to the doctor, go grocery shopping, and then do my workout. I'm sure I will be very hungry when that is all said and done. :#:)
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    MommaGemz wrote: »

You still have time to manually sync your data. Go to the "Dashboard" page and at the top there is this very, very smaaalllll button that says "Fetch Data." Press that and it will manully grab your info 👍

I know. I checked it all week and it was syncing it without my having to prompt it to, which it's suppose to do but isn't consistently.
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I know. I checked it all week and it was syncing it without my having to prompt it to, which it's suppose to do but isn't consistently.

Mine seems to do the same. I forgot about it all week, but went to check on it when @AustinRuadhain mentioned it. It looks like it got about 4 days in and just stopped. But I did the manual sync and it collected all the rest. I will set up an email alert like @Cornanda did to remind me to go check it. Data nerds like me don't want to lose data :D:D

• bethanie0825
    Options
    MommaGemz wrote: »

Mine seems to do the same. I forgot about it all week, but went to check on it when @AustinRuadhain mentioned it. It looks like it got about 4 days in and just stopped. But I did the manual sync and it collected all the rest. I will set up an email alert like @Cornanda did to remind me to go check it. Data nerds like me don't want to lose data :D:D

Same, I'm sad!!! I like seeing my hard work on there lol
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I love the Interview with a Vampire series. I read the first 3 probably 20+ years ago, so I'm due for a re-read. Gotta find the books out in the shed, though. I'm also a huge fan of Dean Koontz. Do you like horror?

Anyone else here like the Sigma Force series by James Rollins? They are a mix of science, history, adventure and thriller. I never would have thought they'd be my style, but I really like them. And, of course when you read a series that has the same characters, they become your friends. I'm on #14. There are 15 all together with 4 little side books that are only available on Kindle. Those side ones are very quick reading...like 30ish minutes. He cranks them out at a rate of one per year. I don't know how he does it!

Anyways, doctor's office called today and said his schedule changed for tomorrow and they needed to reschedule me to Friday. So...3 extra days with this cast. I feel like I'm never going to get rid of it. I haven't walked on my foot since May 28 and I am so tired of the scooter and crutches. I'll stop whining now. I don't know why I'm looking forward to the pain of rehab.

@TeresaW1020 I will stick with Sundays being my weigh in day and I'll start back this coming Sunday - July 26, if that's ok. Thanks!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

@TeresaW1020 I will stick with Sundays being my weigh in day and I'll start back this coming Sunday - July 26, if that's ok. Thanks!

Let me tag @broncobuddee so he will see this post. I know you are excited to get back to weighing and losing! :grin:
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I'm being a huge baby about having to change my diet and the worst is they want to take my coffee away! I was so proud of myself for stopping creamer but still use stevia or Splenda, I just had my first plain cup with only cinnamon and I'm not impressed, I may have to quit coffee altogether. Great workout today!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh, my reading sister! I can't stand on ladders and had just reread Interview with a Vampire when a friend reminded me of the witch series, I made the guy I'm seeing get down like 20 books from my closet and have a ton more to reread. I have a bunch of Dean Koontz but am way behind, I haven't bought a new one in years but have a lot of his hardbacks. Same with Stephen King and John Saul. I love psychological thrillers though I read a lot of urban fantasy, cozy mysteries, and medical thrillers. I do have some James Rollins in my "to read" pile. I love all kinds of books except for historical and westerns, my Mom reads about 10 books a week so I get hand-me-downs and I share her Kindle account and have at least 10,000 books around the house from her, I'll never catch up but hate NOT reading them before I donate so I'm rereading my favorites and going through the best of hers to declutter all my books. It's the one area that's hardest for me to get rid of for sure. Chelsea Quinn Yarbro and Laurel Hamilton have good vampire series but the latter has gotten way too into erotica, it grossed me out so I stopped reading her series. Too bad, she's great at writing fantasy, I actually named one of my cats after her original book. Hey, if you need workout videos I have a ton of seated chair videos, it's most of my workouts these days.

@AustinRuadhain and @trooworld There's a recipe thread! I know you two have both posted good recipes and @Cornanda already posting a really good shrimp one from the looks of it.
This discussion has been closed.