MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Howdy! Sorry to be so quiet the last couple of days! It has been a bit crazy between project works, taxes, and some technical difficulties with internet and MFP. Phew!

Quick Friday Check-in
    Food - on plan, calories on target
    Water - ok
    Exercise/Cardio - done - 45 min platform stepping while watching a baking show
    Resistance/Weights - arms - done
    Martial Arts Forms - done
    Steps - exceeded my target

I started reading people's posts -- awesome as usual! Okay, I am going to finish catching up in the morning! :heart:
  • 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi just letting you know that I will be leaving mfp.
    I have decided to do ww as from today .
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    2020shih wrote: »
    Hi just letting you know that I will be leaving mfp.
    I have decided to do ww as from today .

Good morning! You don't need to leave this group even though you aren't tracking on MFP. We have members doing all kinds of eating plans, including WW. This group is for accountability and community. We hope you will decide to stay but if not that is OK and we will be delighted to welcome you back at any time. :)

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    53i5c37xmkib.gif

@2020shih - WW is a great plan for many people! Congratulations and all best wishes as you shift into your new food plan!
    As @TeresaW1020 says - please know that you are welcome in this group regardless of whether you use the MFP tracking. We are here for accountability and community, to support and learn from each other.

@raleighgirl09 - Woohoo! Great weigh-in! As you said, you got to ride out that up number when you reported it, so it's great that you are happy with the overall effort and result.
    And saying that, I am looking again at your Loss to Date overall of 127 pounds, and being blown away.
    Enjoy your company this weekend!

@Katmary71 and @GretchenReine -
    The question of how we see ourselves better is... such a rich one. Offering my thoughts, in case it's helpful to hear from someone else who has a related conversation in their head?
    I go back and forth on the being satisfied with my looks. I was not happy with them when I was 17 (I now look back and think that girl looked okay!). And I was not happy with my looks when I was a marathon runner and could rock a bikini in public. And now, having had a kid and gotten older and taken off 135+ pounds of excess fat -- well, yeah, I can see the miles. I still have flab and saggy spots and stretch marks. Getting the bit of fat on my stomach to disappear would apparently require that I go down to a really unhealthy body fat percentage. Oh, well.
    But I think my standards are and were always off. When I think about where my standards come from, I think at some level I am comparing myself to girls and women in magazines and on screen, and that's just crazy.
    Back when I was marathon running, I picked up a slinky, form-fitting dress at a really nice vintage shop, and got home and looked in the mirror and was incredibly frustrated. I had thought I could finally wear something like that, but I still looked lumpy in spots when I tried wearing that dress. Now when I see a picture of someone n something comparable, I figure (A) she is wearing Spanx (I had no idea about such things back when I was so disappointed about that dress) and (B) if it's an ad or a magazine cover, there was likely photoshopping as well.
    So... I am thinking of a vintage pop song, "Love the One You're With." So I keep nudging myself to choose the body I have and to be grateful that the body I have is working as well as it is. (Also thinking of a Monty Python line from Holy Grail - "I'm not dead yet!")

@DesertColibri - Woohoo! Great weigh-in! Even if some of this is water weight this week, you are doing so great!

@Cherrymajoni - Sending you a hug for this hard week with your food. I hope it gets easier as you settle back in after your birthday. Your activity level is so impressive.

@Cherrymajoni , @jalalrcr , @TeresaW1020 , @katyjcrafts , @davors19 - Woohoo! Exellent weigh-in!

@trooworld - Hey, just so you know -- shoulders are a vulnerable joint on everybody. Seriously. It's something we are very aware of at my martial arts school. (And I like to do arm weights, but I don't do all the standard moves in an arm set, and when I do shoulder work, I use very little weight.) So give that shoulder as much time as it needs to heal (for me, injuries always more time than I think it "should" take to get better!).
    I loved this:
    At this point, I say the number on the scale will not matter. What will matter is how I feel in my clothes and my body. BUT...I've got a long way to go and that could change. I'd like to say that it won't, but once I get down to a smaller size, the numbers on the scale could become more important to me and I sure hope that I don't start obsessing about them.
    This sounds like a great place to stand as regards the number on the scale! And if you hold this as what you are committed to, you can notice and remind yourself of your real commitment, if you get hooked by the number on the scale. Not sure if that makes sense?

Family life calls! More later!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well, I am very late to the party, but I'm going to try to catch up on some responses I wanted to do....

@Katmary71 thanks for checking the recipe for me. I went back in and MFP made a sneaky mistake. 2 oz of parm cheese came up at 864 calories therefore throwing off the recipe. I always check the ingredients it picks for me, but I haven't been checking the calorie counts for them. Might go back and relook at some of my other recipes.

Everyone- I highly recommend the skinny taste giant turkey meatball recipe- delish! Thanks for the suggestion @Katmary71!

@raleigh_girl- love your good thoughts for the group, and remembering those who are dropping in but not posting. I think you could make some money writing- you have a wonderful way of expressing yourself. And your thoughts are excellent!

@trooworld - love the restaurant choices! Hope your chicken wing feels better.

• Cornanda
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - excellent work on fasting and losing this week. You go girl!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, I think I'm going to wrap myself in bubble wrap lol! Oh man, that is weird about your thigh muscle...what is up with that??? I heard from my job: not starting until Aug 3 but definitely starting back then! Of course, Friday is wine day!!!! I hope you enjoyed dinner, too. :)

@Katmary71 Thanks, I think ice will definitely help. I've got something like Tiger Balm I can have my husband put on...I definitely couldn't reach that area by myself lol.

@AustinRuadhain I hope things calm down for you soon and you can get some R&R! Congrats on a great Friday. Thanks re: the shoulder. I seriously am considering bubble wrapping my entire body before I get out of bed! LOL What you say about the scale number does make sense. Thanks!

@Cornanda I'm glad the giant meatball recipe worked out for you. It's always disappointing when a recipe is more cals (in my case points) than you expect. Thanks re: the restaurant choices and my chicken wing still hurts but a little bit less maybe lol.

Hello everyone and happy Saturday! I don't have much planned today. I already got in my walk and it felt good to be out of the house. The rest of the day, I'm going to read a book for my book club...the meeting is Tuesday night and I still have a ways to go in the book. No hedonistic lunches + dinners this weekend, I learned my lesson! Tonight's dinner is a bit of an indulgence: Sweet Mustard Brats and Cabbage, but lunch is a sensible salad to balance it out and breakfast was a smoothie.

Friday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Leslie Sansone video, eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 226.6
    Todays Weight: 228.8
    Loss To Date: 19.2

And....this is what happens when you indulge for both lunch + dinner both Saturday and Sunday! :s Lesson learned, lesson learned.
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    Week 3- 7/17
    PW: 186.7
    CW 188.2
    LTD: 3
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just a quick check-in before I head off to watch TV with hubby and drink one or two white wine spritzers. Yum!! :grin: This morning I did a nice long workout and afterward I called Weight Watchers and canceled my membership. I’ve been feeling guilty that I haven’t been doing the program, yet I was still paying for it. I had to pay a termination fee but that’s OK because now I feel free. Since I’m fully on board with the intermittent fasting lifestyle, I want to see what happens if I just learn to listen to my body. Wish me luck!
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just a quick check-in before I head off to watch TV with hubby and drink one or two white wine spritzers. Yum!! :grin: This morning I did a nice long workout and afterward I called Weight Watchers and canceled my membership. I’ve been feeling guilty that I haven’t been doing the program, yet I was still paying for it. I had to pay a termination fee but that’s OK because now I feel free. Since I’m fully on board with the intermittent fasting lifestyle, I want to see what happens if I just learn to listen to my body. Wish me luck!

Congratulations on cutting a tie that was weighing on you (no pun intended😁). WW works great for some people, but if you feel a connection with another method - you need to do what feels best for you 👍
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,624 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda I had to laugh, for that many calories I'd want a good gallon of parm on my piece!

@AustinRuadhain Thank you for sharing your experience with how you view yourself and keeping everything in perspective. I was one of those teens with pictures of fitness models all over the walls (and guys in makeup!) so I definitely didn't have the best models. And I WISH I looked like the "fat" girl I was then! It's on ongoing thing, it's mixed right now with trying to be "friends" with a body that I feel is crushing me physically so it's hard to love my body even from a functional standpoint at the moment. I'm hoping listening to slow music and meditating my own version of meditation will help me get to a healthier place all the way around.

@trooworld What book are you reading? I'm reading two right now, I used to read half a book a day on the recumbent bike, man I miss that!

@TeresaW1020 I think you'll probably do even better now that you've committed to fasting. Definitely keep listening to your body, you got this! I know for me it was easy to think of how I'm eating for life but in reality I've had to keep tweaking my diet as I learned more about my body.

@Digger61 Awesome loss, good luck with the basement!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,624 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories- probably two days over
    Exercise- chair cardio, yoga, foam rolling, earth meditation, cleaning, gardening
    Water- so-so

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga- done
    Weights- skipped
    Recipe- none
    Steps- 8000

Saved some of my energy as I went to my parent's house for dinner. I'm in a weird place, I feel like I'm on the edge of a cliff shaking and it's time to jump to the next cliff and I just don't have the energy anymore yet there's no choice. I've been in a wait-and-see mode but healing is going so slow I need to take other steps. I need to change my diet and I'm PISSED about it because I eat what most people would think is healthy. I'm the last person you'd think would be deficient vitamins, I eat at least 10 servings of produce most days then mostly non-meat protein. I don't have the money to eat grass-fed organic gluten free everything unless I'm able to work yet I can't work until I get my physical situation under control and my brain is shot from coping. It would be a lot easier if I wasn't in so much pain too make changes that aren't as emotionally charged as everything seems from the higher pain levels but it's not going anywhere so I need to try some new stuff, I'm just really wiped out from not having a break. I DID order a bunch of supplements that come Tuesday, I know it's dumb to make a bunch of changes at once as you don't know what's making the difference but I'm pretty desperate for some relief. My liver enzymes are high so I can't be having a drink here an there anymore, which isn't really fair since I'm the non-drinker in my family anyhow but it is what it is. At my parent's house tonight everyone's doing things I was so happy to do again like go for walks and plan trips that I've taken the last few years and now won't be able to do so I'm left behind and feeling sorry for myself. I couldn't follow everyone around as I need to sit with my legs elevated so even standing to talk by the food or help with dishes is impossible now. I tried not to get depressed about it and my parents decided it was a great time to tell my brother and I about how they've decided to get cremated and all about the program they selected so now I'm thinking about them dying. It's great that they decided what's best for them but it was already a tough day and I just wanted to be at home.

On a funny note I made the mistake of saying I needed to self-pollinate my cucumber flowers on the way home and my sister-in-law, who is a teacher, had me explaining the difference between male and female flowers and how you brush the male flower's pollen into the female flower when insects aren't properly doing it. Yeah, I just taught my nephews their first lesson in the birds and the bees! I'm going to kill her when my nephews aren't around, I'm always in trouble for saying the wrong things around them and now this!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 3 - July 2020 Sunday
    PW 145lbs (65.8kg)
    CW 142lbs (64.5kg)

Eating spicy potatoe salad at lunch but everything smaller portions.

I still want to eat chocolate but I'll only have one piece for the taste. Then realise good quality chocolate is lost on me as i just want sugar taste.

Haven't hiked all week. But every morning a 30 min walk this week. Feeling tired but unable to sleep. But least I make the conscious effort to go to bed, rather than the usual, eat something.

Still eating meals in less than 10 mins. Need to work on that.

I did eat zoodles for dinner but having very small lunches when its not spicy potato salad, it is kale.

Really surprised I lost as I ate McDonalds on Sunday (cheeseburger with fries) Also one night dessert of custard tart, another ice cream and last night an eclair. But I didn't eat a big meal. Maybe if I ate just without dessert, the body thought I was starving myself so I would be eating less but then I wouldn't lose weight.

GOALS
    1. Make courgette (zucchini) and cheese soup. Eat broccoli instead of courgette for a week.
    2. Eat slower. Take a picture of progress after 5 mins of eating to slow me down.

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- cardio, cleaning, gardening and taking down cabnits in basement to get ready for rebuilding it
    Water- 104 oz
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 It makes sense to cancel WW if you aren't doing the program. Good luck on your fasting journey woo hoo!

@Katmary71 Well...I'm actually actively reading 3 books right now: Recursion by Blake Crouch (audiobook), Opium and Absinthe by Lydia Kang (audiobook), The Rosie Project (Don Tillman, #1) by Graeme Simsion. The Rosie Project is the one for my book club. I also have 6 more books that I dabble in when I feel like it but I don't read them as much as these. Do you listen to audiobooks? I find I can get through a lot more books if I do audiobooks, putting around the house and running errands, I put on an audiobook. What books are you reading? That stinks that you have to change your diet. Grassfed organic stuff can be so pricy. Walmart has grass-fed organic meats for less than at traditional stores if you don't mind shopping there. That's funny about your nephews and the birds and the bees! I bet you didn't expect that!

Hello everyone! Yesterday's eating was pretty well. I got into some tortilla chips with queso dip, not too bad though. I wouldn't call it a binge. I'd call it a snack. I tracked it. Dinner was reasonable. I don't expect that today will be any different. Have a good day!

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

8a5t8cwoqk1o.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    oum6kmta1242.jpg
    23x7042wz4j2.png
    q8oziy0a9ve8.png
    aut3oadtiv1r.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Waist Aways 0.58%
    1st #2 Trimstones 0.58%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.38%