MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @trooworld--- I'm not sure I'm qualified to give advice based on my loss to date.... but I'll throw this out there. I live with a husband who likes to eat healthy, but also can eat pretty much anything and not gain. And two young adults who are junk food junkies..... For me compromise works best. For example- if we eat at Chili's, I can eat off the guiltless grill for 350-600 calories. They can get burgers, fries, ribs- everyone is happy. I especially enjoy not cooking and no dishes! I try to steer toward places where I have better options. They accept it because they understand and also have options available that they enjoy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a pro at blowing up my whole week on the weekend. And I certainly eat pizza and don't always order the healthy thing. In general, this helps some because we all like to eat out- and some moderation can make it more doable.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    @trooworld--- I'm not sure I'm qualified to give advice based on my loss to date.... but I'll throw this out there. I live with a husband who likes to eat healthy, but also can eat pretty much anything and not gain. And two young adults who are junk food junkies..... For me compromise works best. For example- if we eat at Chili's, I can eat off the guiltless grill for 350-600 calories. They can get burgers, fries, ribs- everyone is happy. I especially enjoy not cooking and no dishes! I try to steer toward places where I have better options. They accept it because they understand and also have options available that they enjoy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a pro at blowing up my whole week on the weekend. And I certainly eat pizza and don't always order the healthy thing. In general, this helps some because we all like to eat out- and some moderation can make it more doable.

@Cornanda what I love about our group is the many voices and viewpoints! Definitely qualified - aaaaaand, I am thrilled with your LTD, as I know you must be. Awesome stuff right there! B)
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    @2020shih, @cherrymajoni, @veryhotmails, @trooworld, @digger61, @Cornanda

WOW!!! Look how great you all did this week!! And that includes if you stayed the same. Wayyy to go!! Can’t wait to see what you all do next week. :grin:

sh68ebyggzz9.jpg

I SECOND THAT EMOTION!! Well done, guys - losing or staying steadily in the green!!! WOOT! Celebrating!!! =>
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Hey gang! I'm kickin', I promise, been quite wrapped up for the last several days. I have an interview tomorrow, very happy about it and it's for a position I'd love to have! You know - for more than just the obvious would love to have a position, in general!! => :p

Calories and water have been good - sleep is off, not getting enough for many days now. No real reason, kinda like tonight....just don't go to bed soon enough. Ahem. =>

@MommaGemz hey - totally cool to be hormonal and cranky and whatnot - glad the energy is back, that's a great feeling!
    @digger61 great days and work, glad to have read several days ago that you've been away camping!! Fabulous way to distance!
    @GretchenReine week 1 was fabulous and week 2 sounds like it will be green, which is an awesome goal! But the fluctuations will come and that will be ok, too. The long-term trend is what's important! Keep working it, girl, you're doing a great job! My (unsolicited) advice: work to stay under cals on a no exercise day - imo, this is more important than the exercise. Adjust eating around activity, or lack thereof.
    @TeresaW1020 housework, totally a workout. A friend listening and not rushing the pal in their need to vent....priceless <3 Good luck on ADF!!!
    @katmary71 oh my gosh, be careful!! People are frootloops, sometimes! Lovin' how it's going for you these days, the meatless days sound quite good! Did you do the pesto with feta????? I'm so curious! And dude, protect that daily log in count. Not sure why it becomes a focal point but I can attest to the sadness if it gets away.

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 198
    Todays Weight: 198
  • melissa2013m
    melissa2013m Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Username- melissa2013m
    Weigh In Day- Monday
    Previous- 258.0
    Current- 258.2

*Didn't have a good week ☹*
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    F2F has a new chat thread for members from any team who are now at their goal weight, getting near it, or just want to see what maintenance is like. Drop by any time!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat-july-2020/p1?new=1

If you are already at goal, or want to stop where you are to see if it is indeed your final weight goal, be sure you are in the "Goal Zone" section of your team spreadsheet. Then come to this chat to explore this new and much longer phase together with others. Let's not be a statistic and just gain it all back, right?

I've never ever hit my goal...I get "near" it and then gain it all back. I've done this twice now.
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Thanks! I try to make sure that I focus on my macros daily. I'm just now getting back on track with them so they're a little trickier...but I'm working on them. If I'm over on one of my macros...I definitely make sure I'm under on calorie total for the day! Thanks!!! :-)
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I've never ever hit my goal...I get "near" it and then gain it all back. I've done this twice now.

Me too. Meee toooo :'(

• Cornanda
    Options
    Hi all- I haven't been talking on here much lately, I've been thinkin'..... I learned some new things about myself last week and I'm learning a few more this week.... thanks to an incredibly encouraging post from @raleigh_girl .. :) I learned that I use denial to my own detriment-- I use it to let myself off the hook. Also, I'm often dishonest with myself about what I'm actually eating and burning off. I was very kind to myself last week- tracked EVERYTHING, and saw a result I liked. This week I'm feeling the struggle more- I've not completed my food log the past two days. But I'm determined to do the RINSE AND REPEAT option. I'm back on my horse today and Giddy-up let's go!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine Thanks so much for your reply. I absolutely meal plan 7 days a week, I think that is very important! One of the days, I plan for a "splurge" meal. But then, what happens is that we end up eating something different for one of the meals and skipping what is planned. Sunday, that happened with the pizza. But I see what you are saying: maybe we can plan those meals out ahead of time, maybe keep a list and then when I'm "in the moment" instead of making a spontaneous decision, I can look at my list? That's a really good idea, thanks! And more activity is a good idea too. Yes, it is hard when my husband is home but he leaves the house to see his brother and I can exercise then. I hope your 2nd-week weigh-in goes well, I know you are going to, but try not to stress! Wow, you are already thinking about August. I haven't even really wrapped my head around July! lol

@Katmary71 Thanks! I have a Ninja Foodi so it may be the same for me. Congrats on the 6 lbs in the last 10 days, that's fantastic! 540 day streak, wow, that is consistency. I'm sorry you are dealing with someone like that, that sounds intense and scary.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! It is hard but I want to lose weight and I just have to remember that. Good luck with meal-less Monday! :)

@raleighgirl09 Breakfast is very much like I usually have. I think picking either lunch or dinner as the "indulgent" meal is doable. I do not feel restricted weekdays, I feel pretty satisfied: I'm picking things weekdays that are interesting and yummy and healthy, so I don't THINK that is the problem, but I will give it some thought. I have been guilty of all or nothing thinking in the past. The eff it eating...hmmm...lol...I hope I'm not doing it, if I am, it's not on purpose, I think I need to think about it more. Your example of the ballgame: I think that is perfectly right but I have in my head that no, food is part of the experience. I need to TRY the experience without the food before I poo poo it. Thanks for your feedback! <3 Good luck on your interview!!!

@MommaGemz Sorry you were having a tough time, I am glad you are better. Sleep always helps me, too.

@Cornanda Thanks for your feedback! You are certainly welcome to chime in! It sounds like when you go out to eat, moderation/choosing wisely is what saves you. We generally eat at mom and pop restaurants, and they don't tend to have lighter sections of their menus, but what I'm going to do is look through my bank register and see what places we've been eating out and then look at their menus and pick some healthier options and put those in my phone. You guys have been so helpful! <3<3<3 And your last post: you sound determined, I like your energy!!!

Thanks for all the replies re: my last post about my weak-end! lol You guys are so super helpful. <3 I'm going to go through my bank register and pick out the restaurants we frequent the most and pick out menu items that are the healthiest and put those in a note in my phone so that they will be there and I don't have to THINK, I can just pull up that note and make a good decision. I appreciate you ladies and gentlemen so much!

Monday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: spin bike
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: ride the spin bike, eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well, my meal-less Monday was a huge success. :grin: I ended up fasting for 35 1/2 hours. I could have gone a little longer but today was grocery shopping day and frankly, I was afraid of how I would feel being around all that food. :D The truth about hunger is that it doesn't really build. It comes in waves and learning to push through the wave is key to doing longer fast. Today is what is called an Up Day, which means that I eat enough food today so that my body doesn't think it's starving itself and hurt my metabolism. The scale was down this morning so that made me happy. I just have to stay focused and make it to my Friday weigh in. :)

• GretchenReine
    Options
    FITROCKR (did I spell that right???) - Is anyone else having problems with it? Mine has been just spinning all day. I've tried to log in more than once to make sure it was syncing and I'm getting nothing worthwhile!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    afhsr2rhxr5k.jpg

:star:Congratulations to all our Slimpossibles Step Challengers! :star:

Tuesday is the day when we finalize our Slimpossibles Step Challenge for the previous week. Mondays are a grace period each week, so that anyone who has not synced up with whatever app they use to track steps, has time to do so, to get credit for all their steps on Sunday.

We logged an amazing number of steps last week! Our leaders this last week:
    @Cornanda with 97,972 steps (about 400 more than last week; inspiring & so consistent!)
    @bethanie0825 with 93,842 steps
    @raleighgirl09 with 86,492 steps
    @gwamajtw91 with 81,382 steps
    @Katmary71 with 99,306 steps! ("arm steps" count!)
    @MommaGemz with 77,527 steps
    @Jactop with 73,044 steps

Also busy stepping were @cherrymajoni , @DesertColibri , @GretchenReine , @TeresaW1020 , @leonadixon and @jspanos !

Together we logged an astounding 973,149 steps last week! That's about 461 miles / 742 kilometers ! Go, SlimSteppers, go!🤩

CHECK IN ON OUR LEAGUE STANDINGS at any time here: https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5eba81b1272b550001ef4f79

JOIN THE STEP CHALLENGE AT ANY TIME! Would a step challenge would be fun and/or help you stay in motion? If so, join us!
    1. Set up an account on FitRockr.com
    2. Then click this link to join the challenge: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    3. Ping me if you have any problems getting set up!

SYNCING STEP DATA You need to sync your tracker with its native app first (e.g. Misfit, Fitbit, Google Fit, Garmin, etc). Fitrockr SHOULD then automatically receive your data from your tracker's app within a few minutes. If that's not working, try logging on to your FitRockr profile, disconnect from your tracking platform (FitBit, etc), and then reconnect. Failing that, we should reach out to them (support@fitrockr.com), as their support has been helpful in the past.

Happy and healthy stepping to everyone!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    FITROCKR (did I spell that right???) - Is anyone else having problems with it? Mine has been just spinning all day. I've tried to log in more than once to make sure it was syncing and I'm getting nothing worthwhile!

You show up (logged on to a PC as admin of the challenge) as last having synced up about 5 minutes ago, so maybe whatever was going on was resolved?
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain That's interesting because it never loaded! LOL At least it's working for someone. I'll try again later! Thank you!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    afhsr2rhxr5k.jpg

:star:Congratulations to all our Slimpossibles Step Challengers! :star:

Tuesday is the day when we finalize our Slimpossibles Step Challenge for the previous week. Mondays are a grace period each week, so that anyone who has not synced up with whatever app they use to track steps, has time to do so, to get credit for all their steps on Sunday.

We logged an amazing number of steps last week! Our leaders this last week:
    @Cornanda with 97,972 steps (about 400 more than last week; inspiring & so consistent!)
    @bethanie0825 with 93,842 steps
    @raleighgirl09 with 86,492 steps
    @gwamajtw91 with 81,382 steps
    @Katmary71 with 99,306 steps! ("arm steps" count!)
    @MommaGemz with 77,527 steps
    @Jactop with 73,044 steps

Also busy stepping were @cherrymajoni , @DesertColibri , @GretchenReine , @TeresaW1020 , @leonadixon and @jspanos !

Together we logged an astounding 973,149 steps last week! That's about 461 miles / 742 kilometers ! Go, SlimSteppers, go!🤩

CHECK IN ON OUR LEAGUE STANDINGS at any time here: https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5eba81b1272b550001ef4f79

JOIN THE STEP CHALLENGE AT ANY TIME! Would a step challenge would be fun and/or help you stay in motion? If so, join us!
    1. Set up an account on FitRockr.com
    2. Then click this link to join the challenge: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    3. Ping me if you have any problems getting set up!

SYNCING STEP DATA You need to sync your tracker with its native app first (e.g. Misfit, Fitbit, Google Fit, Garmin, etc). Fitrockr SHOULD then automatically receive your data from your tracker's app within a few minutes. If that's not working, try logging on to your FitRockr profile, disconnect from your tracking platform (FitBit, etc), and then reconnect. Failing that, we should reach out to them (support@fitrockr.com), as their support has been helpful in the past.

Happy and healthy stepping to everyone!

Great job everyone! Amazing numbers!!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @GretchenReine SO sorry about FitRockr misbehaving at your end! I hope it helps to know that your data went through, at least?

@TeresaW1020 - A big WOW to your fasting stint! Your determination is so inspiring! I am so glad the scale number is headed in the direction you want!

@trooworld - Meal planning is such a smart move! I so agree with @GretchenReine, that planning ahead, can make things a lot easier. Scouting out your bank statements and then reviewing menus ahead of time -- brilliant!
    And looking at new times to exercise, when your husband is with his brother -- what a great, creative thought!

@Cornanda - You go, girl! RINSE and REPEAT is the key to success in this journey!

Okay, more a bit later. I need to go VOTE!
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @Katmary71 - tonight I made the skinnytaste giant turkey meatball and it was very yummy! Thanks for the idea. I'm at a stage where I'm sick of all my recipes. However, when I pasted the recipe into MFP it came up with double the calories that she has posted on skinnytaste..... ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
This discussion has been closed.