Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2020

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
a0pnfbmpmq83.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for July 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:

Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo and @Megan_smartiepants1970

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am soooo glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of the Fat2Fit moderators and your Mission Slimpossibles captain along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have three incredible motivators, @AustinRuadhain, @raleighgirl09, and @Katmary71 who work very hard to keep the conversations going and are always willing to give advice and support!

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:

1)Weekly Weigh-In
    Please read the opening post so that you know how to correctly record your weigh-ins so that @broncobuddee can easily find you every week.

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. Remember the purpose of joining a group like this is not only for accountability to a weigh-in but also because working towards our goals helps when we are surrounded by like-minded people. We are stronger together!!

3) Habit Tracker & Challenges
    For added help in your health journey make sure to take advantage of our Habit Tracker and Challenges that you will find on our Home Page. Tracking our habits and doing the challenges will keep you mindful of your choices and help keep you motivated. “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” ―John C. Maxwell

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I'm 54-years-old and live in Georgia. I'm happily married to the love of my life and we are parents to our little fur diva, Maggie Mae. I am the ministry assistant at my small church, which used to keep me crazy busy but has been a lot quieter for the last few months. :/ My current favorite past time is putting together jigsaw puzzles and listening to podcasts.

I’ve struggled with my weight most of my life with lots of ups and downs along the way. The one thing I have going for me is that I will NEVER give up!! Right now, I don’t belong to any particular diet plan. I have fully embraced the Intermittent Fasting lifestyle for over a year and feel like every day I get stronger and more determined to make this something I will do for the rest of my life. If you are interested in IF, I highly recommend Gin Stephen’s new book, “Fast, Feast, Repeat” and her podcast Intermittent Fasting Stories. I am also happy to talk with you at any time about IF because I am so passionate about this way of L*IF*E and I LOVE to talk! :grin: Working out is another part of my life that I still can’t believe I love. I work out in the privacy of my home and use Beachbody on Demand and walk on my treadmill.

As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    1zhfp4197ffa.png

The Idea Lounge is a place where we can come together to share our creative ideas and give our suggestions on how to make Fat2Fit the best challenge group on My Fitness Pal! B)

Challenges - Why challenges? There is nothing better to help keep the energy and commitment high, and the discouragement and staleness low. They are optional but really helpful. Tell us which ones you like, or what new ideas you'd like to see.

Suggestions - this is wide open! What would make F2F better? What bugs you? What works really well? Take some time to look around on other teams than your own, and if you see something you'd like your team to try, suggest it! Or if you think of ways we can improve communication, reward the right kind of progress, or make the community more welcoming and effective. Spill!

Click the link and head on over to The Idea Lounge!!
    THE IDEA LOUNGE
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Gabi, 48 and leave in VA. I have a desk job and worked from home most days since the end of March.
    I’m married and have one daughter freshman in high school and one senior in college. I know, we were not the best planners 😁
    I cook 90% of our meals and while they are fairly healthy ( mostly stews) I am not very good at keeping the serving sizes moderate.
    I walk and occasionally hop on the stationary bike.

GabiV125
    Weight day: Wednesday
    CW: 135.0
    PW: 135.6

Looking forward to see how to this month and this challenge are rolling out! Never tried it before, but from previous posts, it sounds good 👌
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Username: LynnJ9
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight): 149.7
    LTD (Loss to Date): ?

The Loss to Date: is this for just August, or since starting dieting?

Ready to commit this month to lose some of these extra pounds! Excited to be part of this group and this team!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! I'm Kathy, I'm 48 and live in the Sacramento area in CA. I'm single (dating a guy that's driving ne crazy) and have two awesome cats I rescued last year. I've dealt with a lot of physical issues, I've had back surgeries and was injured in a pelvic surgery that left me bedridden for 20 years. I started doing better a few years ago and was diagnosed with depression. Slowly started losing all the weight I gained after my last back surgery and quitting smoking, then really cracked down in January last year to lose the last 55lbs, changed my diet, and started walking in water then graduating to my recumbent bike. I'm back down hurting again, having nerve pain from the waist down and can't walk or stand for long, but am doing everything in my power to keep working out, eat healthy, and heal as much of this pain/limitations as possible.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    Friday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- arm cardio, resistance bands, stretching/splits yoga, Kundalini yoga for intuition chakra, heart chakra yoga, earth energy healing, foam rolling
    Water- so-so

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Arms/abs- doing resistance bands for arms, I don't have to do as many reps as with light weights
    Yoga- done
    Steps- 12,000
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,894 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new members!!!

@katyjcrafts Happy anniversary!!! I'm sorry about your shoulder. I hope it feels better soon.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh good, I'm so glad you liked it! I'm still waiting on Tommyknockers from the library, they say it's about 2 more weeks. :)

@TeresaW1020 Awww, thank you so much! <3 I appreciate it. You are doing great, keep working your plan and you WILL fit into those shirts soon!

@Katmary71 Thank you!

Hello everyone! Username Trooworld. I live in southern California with my husband of almost 15 years and our dog. I'm currently furloughed but was called back to work, going back on Monday part-time (I was full-time before the furlough, hopefully, will eventually get my full-time job back). I don't track my food in MFP, I am a member of WW (formerly Weight Watchers) and I track it there. So far, as of today, I have lost 22 lbs. I enjoy reading, painting, digital scrapbooking using Photoshop, camping, walking outdoors, anything creative, and hanging with my pals.

Friday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • trooworld
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 228.2
    Todays Weight: 226.0
    Loss To Date: 22
  • trooworld
    Options
    Sorry, I can't edit this to change the week to WEEK 1.
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Welcome to August everyone!

Hello everyone! This will be my 2nd month with this group and I have really enjoyed it! My name is Shannon, I'm 45, Mom of two kids (7 and 8), live in (way-too-hot) Houston, TX. I had already had challenges losing weight after the birth of my kids, so you can say this has been a 7 year project. I would lose a bunch, then lose interest and gain it back. I made some good progress in 2019, but then the pandemic hit and we were all stressed and stuck inside with all the comfort foods and snacks. :o In early June I decided to snap out of it and get my life back under some semblance of control.

I've made some wonderful NSV during the last 2 months. 1. I CAN manage without relying on take-out whenever I don't feel like cooking. 2. It's okay to have a rotation of similar meals that are easy to prepare just in case I don't want to cook. (I always had this notion that my husband would get bored of the meals if I didn't change it up all the time, and ten years in, he told me, "I don't care if you cook the same thing every day for a month. I'm just not that picky." What we can still learn from each other after 10 years of marriage :D ) 3. And the most important - I don't need to reach for food when I'm tired or stressed. There are other ways to cope.

July 2020 Recap!

-4.1 lbs in July!!
    -10.4 lb lost to date

1/3 of the way through my 30 lb goal! (SW: 196.2 - GW: 165)

Steps: Every Day! 🎉
    Bike: 4x a week! 🏵️
    Take-out: 4th & 31st

Measurements: Wow. I was really surprised that my measurements changed very little over an entire month. I lost a little over an inch... overall :o

50175939508_8b984e4aa2_n.jpg

50176731212_06219632de_n.jpg

August Goals!
    • Log Food Every Day
    • 10,000 Steps Every Day
    • Stationary Bike 4x a week
    • *New* Work up to 100 crunches every day
    • Limit Take-out to Once
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    @MommaGemz where'd you get that cool chart with the circles on it?
    @raleigh_girl I'll give you a hell to the yeah on the sucky crappola this year. I am very ready for it to be over!
    @trooworld Hope work goes well for you on Monday
    @GabiV125 - the sloppy manicure made me laugh. Mine are sloppy too but I still enjoy them.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Lisa, I am 52 and I live in FL. Married. Two kids about to go off to college- a freshman and a junior. Feeling a bit nervous about that, but we have to try to get on with our lives as much as we can. Struggled with weight all my life- several large gains and losses. Seems to get harder to get it to come off the older I get. This group gives me perspective when the weight loss journey is hard and for that I am sooooo grateful!

Happy Weekend! :)
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    ANNOUNCEMENT FOR USERS OF FITROCKR!! @AustinRuadhain and I have decided that because Fitrockr hasn't been working for us and might even have been hacked we are going to stop using it for the time being. What we would like to see is for us all to take advantage of the Habit Tracker that we post every month on F2F. This way you can decide to track that you are reaching your step goals or whatever else you would like to work on. Please see below for how it works and give it a try!! :)

Click Link for August Tracker HABIT TRACKER

eitin87s3btf.png
  • kingtika12
    kingtika12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Tika from WA. First time doing anything like this. I am 39 married and a father of 3 kids. I have always been a little overweight my whole life but as I have gotten older I have noticed the activity has gone down and the weight is sticking around (lol). I have tighten up my nutrition and started working out. I am definitely excited about being on here for the support and also hopefully to support others.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Is there any particular BB program you like? I have been thinking about BB on demand for once it gets to cold to swim in the backyard. I still have a couple of months before I need to worry about that, but I want to be able to continue to work out, and I'm trying to plan in advance.

@GabiV125 Serving size is very hard! That's why it is so important to weigh your food. That is one of the most important lessons I've gotten from MFP. I must admit that sometimes I measure, rather than weigh it, but I constantly try to do better.

@LynnJ9 I hope you are successful here! The people in this group are very knowledgable and friendly!

@raleighgirl09 WOW! You are SOOOOOO close! You are such an inspiration! I've got a birthday coming up too (on Monday), so happy early birthday to us both.

@Katmary71 You are so resilient to keep moving forward! Your exercise routine is seems really comprehensive.

@trooworld Great loss for the week! Congrats on getting to go back to work (even if it is just part time). I hope full time comes through for you soon!

@MommaGemz You had a great July! Nice loss and great NSVs! Learning not to reach for food first thing is a HUGE thing! I'm slowly working on that myself. Right now, I'm working on subbing healthy foods like grapes or cherries for M&Ms. Baby steps, right?!?

@Cornanda It is scary sending kids off to school this year. I have two in college also, as well as a senior in high school. We are still working out our plans for how the school year is going to look because I'm high risk, and all the kids still live at home.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @kingtika12 Hi Tika! Welcome to the team! I’m happy to have you here and look forward to supporting you towards your health and fitness goals. What kind of workouts do you like to do? :)

@buniphuphu Welcome back Marki! You have had a whole lot going on it’s great to see you taking steps towards improving your health. I look forward to watching your progress! :)

@Cornanda I imagine you are nervous about your kids going to college. My husband’s oldest granddaughter is going to college at the end of the month and she suffers from severe nut allergies, which already has her mom freaking out and now with the virus worries, it’s a whole lot of stress. :/ You know that I love having you on our team and together we are going to reach our goals!! <3

@MommaGemz Yayyyy for making it to your second month! You know not everyone who joins makes it to month two. I am so glad that you have! <3 HaHa! My husband is the same way. He just wants to eat some food when he is hungry. It’s me, who thinks we need something new all the time. YES, to not reaching for food when you are stressed or tired!! That is a major victory when we can learn that one. You have great goals for August. You should plug them into the Habit Tracker and let that help keep you motivated and inspired.

@trooworld Rocking the weight loss this week!! You are going to have an amazing August! B)

@GabiV125 So sorry that you had a rough week at work. We totally accept rants around here so feel free whenever you need to. ;) And WOW what great alternatives you did for yourself instead of hitting the fridge.

@LynnJ9 I am excited to have you on the team and look forward to watching you reach your goals. Your Loss To Date is from when you started dieting. We like to celebrate milestones around here! :)

Happy new month!! Today, I took my mom out shopping this morning. Last night I had gone to JC Penny to look at their clothes since they are closing and bought a few things. Today, we went back and then over to Kohls where I bought four more tops. I just LOVE a good clearance sale! The tops and sweaters that I bought are all the next size down and are the aspiration clothes that I WILL get into by October/November for sure!! B)

My August goals are:
    1) Workout (at least 5 to 6 days a week)
    2) Drink 96 oz. of water (that doesn’t include my coffee)
    3) Fast for a minimum of 19 hours and really strive towards 21 to 23 hours this month. I want to only do one meal a day with maybe a small snack. Conquering head hunger vs. real hunger is my goal.
    4) Use the Habit Tracker!
    5) Stick to my above plan for the entire month and stop thinking I need to tweak it all the time. This is one of my biggest obstacles to overcome. ;)
  • kingtika12
    kingtika12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Teresa,
    Thanks for the great welcome. I do strength training and cardio ( walking, treadmill etc)
This discussion has been closed.