Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda If you Google - image weight loss calendar - there are lots of them available. You find one you like and add the weight in using Windows Paint or Photoshop 👍

@TeresaW1020 Using the Habit Tracker sounds like a great team idea. I tried it earlier this month, but wasn't consistent. I'll try again this month :)
  • Tracey0088
    Tracey0088 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Saturday Aug 1

Had a great day with food and exercise. Unfortunately my sleep was horrible Friday. Went to the gym the first time since Covid shut everything down. I felt very safe.

Goals
    Calories over/under: UNDER
    Self Care Chart (Poor, Fair, Good, Great): Good
    Water: Fair
    Exercise: Met
    Steps: 12,743
    Calories Burned: 2,617
    Cycling Calories In: 1733 of Planned 1800
    BMR 1750-2250: Very Active week 2250
    Sleep: Poor
    Organized/Productive: Fair

Today I commit to completing daily care chart and more water. I will organize electronics and maybe sew.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,120 Member
    Options
    There are still a few new people signing up! Please welcome @Bettyboag as the newest Slimpossible :smiley:
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of our team and the amazing month we ended up having! Now let's see if we can do even better and shoot right to the top in August!! B)

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! :)

ayfgt5b36vh5.png
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,938 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Thank you, I'm excited to go back but also nervous! :)

@buniphuphu Wow, congrats on the decision to take control over your health again and congrats on the loss. That's fantastic! Thanks re: the loss and for going back to work. At least going back part-time keeps my foot in the door so to speak, some people are losing their job. :(

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, I am going to try!!! I love Kohls. For a short time, I worked there. I hated working there but I am an avid shopper of Kohls. :) You WILL get into those clothes, I know it! Nice goals for August.

@Tracey0088 I, too, wanted to use my time off work wisely. At first, I tried to stimulate my brain by doing tutorials and courses and such. That worked for a while but then I got lazy and now I'm just focusing on my health. My goal was to lose 20 lbs by the time I went back to work and I've lost 22 and I'm going back to work tomorrow. :) Go, you! Go, team!

Hi everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. I'm going to try to do some meal prep today so that my first week back to work is not complicated by having to come home and cook as well. Here are some of the things I'm going to cook. If you want any of the recipes, let me know:
    • Green Chile Shredded Beef Cabbage Bowl with Avocado Salsa (Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker)
    • Heavenly Hummus Wrap
    • Best Damn Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin + Maple Miso Roasted Carrots
    • Crunchy Rainbow Thai Peanut Chicken Wraps
    • Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, meal prep, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Week 1
    Sunday
    CW: 192.0
    PW: 190.0
    LTD: 13.0

I had way too much salt this past week. Blaming this on water retention...so...yeah.
  • Tracey0088
    Tracey0088 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    30+ lost
    @1theresamcvean
    Rumor has it that she is extremely close to GOAL, TOO!!!

Under 225
    @Jax_Grim
    @veryhotmails

Congratulations! Did you see jealousy in that congrats? No, how amazing to hit milestones and goals. Keep up whatever you are doing that is working. I’m experimenting with calories/macros and fat burning exercise to see if I can get the scale to move into the 180s. I set my goal at what I thought was reasonable. I know I am going to want to move those posts WHEN I hit 185 pounds. CW today is 195.3 down 1.4 pounds from yesterday. I think I am likely Insulin Resistant due to years of Yo Yo dieting.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 1.76%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 72.5 Lbs

bhl3zr7dv3nd.png

Wahooooo!! Look at how awesome we were this week!! 72.5 lbs down as a team are amazing! I am so proud of us and I know that we are going to have an amazing August! B):grin: I also hope that everyone will go and look at this week's challenge. I actually think we do a very good job at getting to know each other. :)

@Tracey0008 Welcome to the team Tracey! You have had a lot to deal with and worry about. It’s good that you are taking steps towards getting fit and healthy and I’m sure you will wow your co-workers with your progress when you return to work! :)

@gwamajtw91 Yayyyy a fellow intermittent faster! :grin: You have great goals for August and I am sure you are going to crush them. Just stay committed to yourself.

@Katmary71 I am sorry that the men in your life are causing you so much stress. I agree that you really shouldn’t have to deal with anything that doesn’t fit into your recovery. I love cats!! I sure wish my husband did. ;)

@anido1 Good I hope that the habit tracker helps you with your goals. I’m going to work really hard to make sure I use it every day too. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yup water retention will definitely up the weight. It sure does with me. You will get it off this week! <3

@trooworld I sure hope you have a good time being back at work. It will be an adjustment and you will probably be extra tired so please make sure to take care of yourself. <3

Hi everyone! Today, was a good day. I did an extra-long workout this morning and then deep cleaned my bedroom and bathroom. We did Livestream church this morning, so I watched it on YouTube while I cleaned. I fasted 21 hours and for dinner, we had grilled burgers, roasted red potatoes, and baked beans. Tomorrow, I have to take my mom to get eye surgery to repair some scar tissue from her cataract surgery. My plan is to fast all day until dinner, which we will eat around 4 pm. My weight is up from Friday and Saturday’s overindulgences and too much wine so I need to reign it in. I do a weekly average on my weight every Friday and right now the number ain’t looking good! :#

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Jackie. I live in Southern Ontario, Canada with my hubby of 30yrs and 1 of our 2 adult kids. I've been part of this group for 2yrs. I'm down 25lbs from my heaviest and currently hovering around 199 for the past 2 months so it's time to get the scale moving again.

I was working in a chocolate factory precovid so being home hasn't hurt my weight loss efforts. Although things are opening up in our area I still stay home as much as I can. In the past few months I've been doing more stamping and card making which I used to do as a part time business.

My goals for August are
    1. No sugar
    2. Weights 3x per week
    3. 20 min of cardio per day.
    4. At least 15k steps per day
    5. Log my food

Welcome to all the new members. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
This discussion has been closed.