Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I love Clive Barker, but haven’t read anything remotely new in years. I will check out Books of Blood. My go-to all-time favorite author is Dean Koontz. John Saul is a definite second with King taking 3rd. I haven’t kept up on reading, though, so it’s been several years since I’ve had a chance to read any of them. I’m definitely going to look into the Necroscope series. I googled them and it looks like a fun series. I should totally re-read The Stand. Such a good one right now, just like you said! So thinking about your spiritual reading and keeping away from negative/angry/gory things, I would think that some of the softer PG-13 horror/thrillers would be ok, don’t you? They don’t usually have any gore. I understand giving up angry music, though. My daughter that is bipolar can’t listen to Eminem (her favorite) because it puts her in a really dark place and she starts cutting. So, in our household we only listen to Christian and 80s music. I just can’t give up my movies, though :)

@trooworld What kind of horror do you prefer? I think creatures and monsters are my favorite. My all-time favorite horror movie is They (2002 Wes Craven) because it’s about night terrors and I have night terrors myself, so I find it relatable (which should make me MORE scared of it). Second favorite is Cloverfield because of how realistic it is. It’s hard for me to really classify my faves because I own over 1400 movies (I love physical media) and my horror collection runs the gamut – from PG13 all the way to unrated foreign films that would make most people sick. I've warned my daughter to not even touch those. Thankfully she trusts me.

@GabiV125 I am laughing about rolling eyes while reading. My mom just borrowed a book from her friend and said I would love it. Her description was just, “There a large hole in the ocean and people fall in.” It got me interested, so I borrowed it. OMGoodness. It was a young adult fantasy book. I was rolling my eyes, but decided I had to finish it out. I didn’t like how long the set-up took, but once the kids fell into the “drain” and ended up in purgatory, I liked it a bit better.

@leonadixon Good luck with the neurosurgeon. I am praying they can get everything figured out!

@Jactop Holy tofu! Awesome loss!

@LynnJ9 I am praying for your daughter, that it’s just a cyst. How scary…and the waiting makes it worse. Praying for peace while you all wait out the storm.
  • Tracey0088
    Tracey0088 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    AUGUST 2020
    Week 1
    Check in Monday 8/3/20
    PW 196.7
    Monday Weight or CW: 195.3
    Busy day. Didn’t get my self care chart done or my water. Will try to get both tomorrow. Didn’t want to exercise but did anyway. So glad I made myself go for two walks.
    My BMR: 1750-2250: Sedentary-Very Active week
    KGoal/k in: 1800/1395 Calories over/under: UNDER
    Exercise Burn: 311
    Self Care Chart: Poor
    Water: Poor
    Exercise: Goal 40 min/ Completed 81 min EXCEEDED
    Steps: 11,061
    Net k: BMR2,250 minus kin1.395= 855k plus burn 311 = net 1,166
    Sleep: 7 hours 11 min.
    Organized/Productive: Good
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

SHAZAM my friends - wow! Yes, @Cornanda, it does not pay to not read posts for a couple days.... I loved every minute of reading them all now (wow, 4 pages of August already) and must say you guys are all amazing. Birthdays and goal setting, books, recipes, bios with new and old friends jumping in - The Slims are hopping!

One of my August goals is to be more engaged in the posts and this is going to be fun and, might I say - do not skip any days! My other August goals are to get more than 10,000 steps everyday - I missed 5 days in July so I am stepping it up a notch and committing to all 31 days in August for at least 10,000 steps each day.

Ok, little updates. No job yet, still lots of applying. Thinking about how to expand the current contracted gig to include more of the same kind of client. Just a baby thought, for now. Water is still behind, most days back up to 8 cups but I really need 12. Calories have been ok, some high days. Currently on a very focused run to my mini goal of under 170 lbs by my birthday. Last I weighed was at 171.7 last Friday so looking to lose 1.8 pounds by the 11th. I don't weigh everyday and my weigh day here is on Thursdays so it's a little suspenseful but I feel super motivated and feel it's within my grasp. Last but NOT least - sleep. Still less than it needs to be, especially if I listen to Fitbit. I can't help if I am "awake" 53 minutes and I feel more robbed by my app than by sleep!!!!! :#
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Username: backatit8gn19
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 251
    CW (Current Weight): 251.6
    LTD (Loss to Date):+.6

I am happy that I have been tracking my calories and made it to the gym (weights/cardio) 4 days last week. I was over a couple of days in cal but, I have not had fast food or take out which is a huge accomplishment for me. I have started using the habit tracker as well. Its very easy for me to feel discouraged but not going to.

The positive changes I have make are greater than the .6 weight gain this week and looking forward to the next weigh in.

Aug daily Goals

- Log MFP
    - 30 mins workout 4-5 times a week
    - No Fast Food
    - Drink More Water

@bakatit8gn19 Jay - this is amazing and a really positive message for all of us!! Learning to love every inch of the process is key to each day being part of the strong foundation of success. Very well said..... =>
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,598 Member
    Options
    OK, I just lost a ton of replies checking out @trooworld recipe link, I added a brand new folder and put it in there but lost all my responses! I'm so sorry I can't retype them, it's hard for me to have my laptop on my lap as it worsens my pain but I'm reading everyone's posts and so glad you're all doing well!

@buniphuphu Happy birthday! Class of 89, right? Mine's in September, not too excited about it though! It's better than the alternative!

@vegan4lyfe2012 The majority of my hardbacks are Dean Koontz, John Saul, Anne Rice, and Stephen King. Robin Cook and Patricia Cornwell are up there too. I share books with my mom (well she shares with me) and we both read urban fantasy, sci fi, basic fiction like Nora Roberts and Catherine Coulter, and some regular and paranormal romances. I usually just read hers because I have thousands to read but just started buying my favorites which are more along psychological thrillers. I'm about to start a Catherine Coulter and just finished a good Nora Roberts. With music it's weird, I struggle with depression but feel like my hardcore metal music charges me up and lets out my anxiety, disco 80s rap and older pop cheers me up and reminds me of when I was young, then country and slower music mellows me out so it's different sides of my personality. I played the organ when I was young so I love instrumental music too. Definitely avoid Eminem then, I like a few of his songs but can see where he could cause aggravation. I'll be singing Christian music after church then I'm head-banging a few hours later, it's all fun to me!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,598 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- seated dance (I HATE having to sit to dance!), abs, stretching yoga, Kundalini yoga, 7 chakra meditation, earth energy healing.
    Water- over

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Abs/arms- done
    Yoga- done
    Meditation- done
    Splits!- done

I think I told you guys, since I can't have weightlifting goals, cardio goals, or really do any other type of physical goal I decided after being inspired by a friend of mine that I'd do the side splits by my birthday! Oh, I have a ways to go, I have two months to get my pelvic bone to touch the ground about 5 inches! With my back fusions my hip flexors are REALLY tight so this will be a challenge! Of course I'm going for it, I'm doing crazy resistance band leg stretches that make me want to cry to loosen up my hips and legs! Yoga kicks my BUTT more than weight lifting, cardio, or strength exercises. I feel bad now for making fun of the guy I'm seeing for being sore after my version of yoga, I can barely walk when I wake up! I usually just check off daily goals in a bullet journal but this is going to get me a gemstone bracelet for my birthday. Of course the one I want the most is amethyst, turns out it's great for impatient people with tempers who need to calm their anxiety, I want it NOW NOW NOW! Kidding, I can wait two months!

The guy I'm seeing is probably coming tonight for a few days. It was a crazy day, few people having surgery and a couple emergencies then there were two accidents on the way home from the store. Fridge is good until Friday, kitchen is cleaned, legs aren't happy but it feels good to have it all done and everyone made it through their issues so I can breathe easy now.
  • anido1
    anido1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in
    Calories - I was under my daily allowance although I’m hoping I counted that salmon poke bowl correctly😬. I planned on going for a walk in addition to the 45-minute cycling workout but that was a bust! Between work and chores, before you know it the sun went down. I pushed myself to still get on the bike and felt great after. I met my daily move and exercise goal on my watch so that made me feel good!

Hoping that I do good again tomorrow and actually check all 3 boxes on the habit tracker!

Good night team!!!
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My goals for this month are;

To not drink alcohol Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday.
    To not eat after 6:30pm on these days

To check in at least once daily to this group ☺️

I am not going to go crazy and do my normal rapid loss only to regain it. Yoyoing is annoying- I want to go the distance 👍
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Bettyboag You have good goals for the month. I especially like your plans not to do rapid weight loss. It really is better to go slow and keep it off. :)

@anido1 Great weight loss this week! B) Good for you for pushing yourself to get on your bike even though you had already had a full day of work and chores. Just keep it up and those checked boxes will add up.

@Katmary71 Yikes on side splits! You really do thrive on challenging yourself, don’t you? I am sure that you get that amethyst for your birthday. I hope you have fun with your guy. :)

@raleighgirl09 Yayyy for checking in every day! I really should make that one of my goals too. ;) You just stay focused and you will reach your goal. Ugghhhh, don’t get me started on sleep. Twice this week I woke up in the middle of the night and laid there wide awake for over an hour. Last night I got up and took another sleep aid. Probably shouldn’t start making that a habit. :/

@Tracey0888 Great job on tracking your goals! I hope to see your next post update that you are improving on your self-care. You know that is very important! ;)

@bakatit8gn19 You are doing great and that small gain will come off in no time. You know that if you have been exercising, especially using weights, you will retain some water. I know that I always do when I up my weightlifting. :)

@buniphuphu Happy birthday! Your birthday dinner sounds wonderful and I hope that you enjoyed every bit of it. Ohhhh and great weight loss this week!! Keep it up! B)

Good morning team! I really have to not skip a day here because I don’t like missing out on all your post. My mom’s eye surgery went really well yesterday. She does the other eye next Monday and hopefully, that will improve her vision. Otherwise, she is looking at retina surgery. I started week 7 of my workout hybrid calendar of Barre Blend and weightlifting. It’s hard but I’m determined to finish all 8 weeks. My weight is up for the week, which is annoying me so I need to pull back on the amount I eat for dinner and up my fasting times, which have slacked this week. OK, I'm off to work out and then do this week's grocery shopping. Take care of yourself and stay focused! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,936 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I think my favorite are zombies but I know they get a lot of "airplay" so I need to find a new genre lol! I don't think I've seen They, I'll add that to my list to see. I can't see Cloverfield because of the way they filmed it (I get camera sick, the first-person viewpoint) but I hear it's good. Yeah, it's hard for me to pick a favorite, too. Some of my favorite horror films include (not in order): Nosferatu, Freaks, It Follows, Pan's Labyrinth, Night of the Living Dead, The Evil Dead, Drag Me To Hell, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (Is that horror???), 28 Days Later, The Shining, An American Werewolf in London. I also like foreign horror movies like High Tension and Inside.

@buniphuphu HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you had a great day! :)

@raleighggirl09 Thinking of you and wishing you well on the job search and quest for better sleep.

@Katmary71 Oh no!!! That stinks. So sorry it was because of my recipe link. :( I think a goal of side splits is awesome!

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad your mom's eye surgery went well. Have a great day!

Monday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Not my best day but not a total disaster. No formal exercise and calories were higher than I'd like but still in the green

1. No sugar ✔
    2. Weights
    3. Cardio
    4. At least 15k steps per day
    5. Log my food ✔

@Katmary71 I'm impressed by your side splits goal. I couldn't do them even when i was a kid.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Monday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: 60 mins leg day
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow 60 minute arm day and 10000 steps
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    meyj4txn6jch.jpg

Hello there! I have been having a crazy few days, and so am introducing myself late, but here goes! I'll hit the reset button and get going!

I'm Austin, one of your three Team Motivators! I work to support the awesome @Katmary71, @raleighgirl09 , @broncobuddee and of course our wonderful @TeresaW1020 as needed to help keep this wonderful group humming along!

Introduction (but zupped for easy scrolling past if TMI!):
    I joined Fat2Fit over a year ago, part way through my journey, and find this group to be super helpful and supportive. I have lost over 130 pounds since I started work on losing weight (January 2018), and have reached a healthy weight. I am now working to build muscle and fitness. I am not using the word "maintenance" here because more and more, I think it's misleading. As far as I can tell, there is no coasting if I want to stay healthy and in shape.

I study martial arts and love walks, so you'll hopefully see those activities on my check-ins. I love to read fiction of many kinds! Most recent book that I am raving to friends about is Where We Come From by Oscar Casares. It came out last year, so I may be late to the -what-a-great-book party on this one (kinda like checking in on Tuesday not Monday this week - better late than never!). I don;t have much reading time, so this is actually me reporting on a great audiobook (since I can listen while walking, cooking, housework, etc.)

I also love to read up on nonfiction things, and have studied habit building* and nutritional science** as I have worked on losing weight and getting healthier. Every body and every person is different, and I have enjoyed learning more and engaging in the kind of science experiment of figuring out what works for me. Making it happen has been and is still all about developing new habits for me, so every so often I burble about habit building!

* If interested, check out the work of B.J. Fogg (professor at the Stanford Behavior Design Lab)! He has a book called Tiny Habits, which I love. If you want to reprogram your health and fitness habits, the Tiny Habits system in this book is super simple and practical and unexpectedly (to me) fun. Fogg's team has a weekly free Tiny Habits course to help you build new tiny habits to make your life better! If you get at all interested, though, the book is even better.

For inspiration on habits, see also the work of James Clear (author of Atomic Habits). His talk on How to Get 1% Better Every Day was particularly inspirational to me. He kicks it off this way:
    "So if you were able to improve by 1% each day for an entire year... you would end up 37 times better at the end of the year. And if you were to get 1% worse, you would whittle yourself down almost to zero."
    I just love that message -- you don't need to change something huge to reach your goals. Start small. Keep making small changes. Persistence will get you there!

** If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-based site nutritionfacts.org as a great place to start.

MONDAY CHECK-IN: 🟡
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🔴 I let myself run short yesterday
    Exercise 🟢
    Monday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟢 Yep! Platform stepping
    - Stretch/Yoga 🟢
    - Martial Arts Breathing 🟢
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scouts Project Work 🟢
    - Scary-Behind-Project 🟢
    TUESDAY GOALS
    So far, so good!
    Tuesday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ ⚪ Jenny Ford video? outdoor walk?
    - Abs & Weights ⚪ Looking forward to a Pop Sugar "Get Madonna's arms" video today!
    - Stretch/Yoga ⚪
    - Martial Arts Breathing ⚪
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scouts Project Work ⚪
    - Scary-Behind-Project 🟢
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟢

2jdkjz3qe3dq.gif
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I have some of Anne Rice’s books, too. And just like flipping the switch with music, I really loved the Left Behind series (along with the 3 prequels). I read all 16 books through 3 times and I’m about to start a 4th. I also read the Teen Left Behind series a couple times. Although one of my books is missing… There are a couple non-horror authors I really like, too. David Baldacci (love his books on CD…I listen to them when driving long distances). I plan on getting the first two in the Atlee series for my trip coming up. And James Rollins’ Sigma Force series. All over the place, I am!

@trooworld I think we have pretty much the same taste in horror…except I just couldn’t make myself like It Follows. Some of my other faves are Dead Birds, Insidious series, Psycho, Scream, House of 9, Pumpkinhead…I’m just all over the place. I own most of Stephen King’s movies/miniseries. Oh – and I love the After Dark Horror Fest movies. I think I own just over half of them now. The Broken is my fave out of all those. And I like stupid funny horror…like Rubber, Killer Klowns, Killer Tomatoes, Puppet Master series, etc. Oh! And movies from the 70s/80s that I grew up on and how they mostly revolve around contamination issues…like Prophecy, Squirm, Day of the Animals, Soylent Green, It’s Alive (all 3), CHUD, etc. I better stop. I could go on and on!

@Jactop Just an FYI…on the August Habit Tracker, you put yourself in the wrong team (Downsizers). If you scroll down, you can see the tabs at the bottom to select Mission Slimpossible and put your stuff in there :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In

Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 226.4
    Current - 226
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Hey, HO!!! Great evening to all, hope you've had a great day to kick it off! => My stats for today: day 4 of the monthly challenge of 0 days under 10,000 steps and busto-bango. So many things got in the way, although I could have pushed past it at the end of the day but juuuuust didn't have it in me by then. So many reasons that only feel like excuses so I'll just say - didn't make that one. Learn from it and plan better for the rest of the month so that I'll be prepared for September! Calories are on track - pre-logging is my best friend so that I know what to eat and it's all laid out. Water is on target with 8 cups so far, working to get a few more in by bedtime. 7 hours sleep last night and happy about that. Counting a good day in the books!

@Katmary71 - - - So. Many. Times. UGH! I always say I'm gonna do what @TeresaW1020 does with a word doc and then I forget and live dangerously (I am as we speak) by typing 'live' into the reply box. Sounds like a good day for you - the splits??? Zowie - that is super impressive!! And you know what they say...if you want to see how someone will behave, spend some time in isolation with them! Or - maybe that was spend time when one of ya has the flu but I peppered it up to be up with the current situation.... B)
    @anido1 sounds like you also had a good day and did FABULOUS with the exercise! And - to be sure - any day that inludes a poke bowl is a GREAT day! =>
    @Bettyboag sounds like you've got a solid aresenal of goals going - and sensibly keeping it real for yourself, way to go! I started playing with 'no alcohol' nights, too, I do 1-2 nights a week off. We're like the book ends for the movement!
    @TeresaW1020 good luck to your mom and a little prayer! My mom had her eyes done (cateracts) about a year ago and wow, her sight improved by about 95%. Thinking of ya on the adjusting what you're doing in order to meet the goal - so much easier when we get on it right away!! =>
    @trooworld what a super day, that's awesome!
    @jactop hey, some days are better than others but you've been keeping it consistent - and I have loved watching your lead into Onderland grow.... =>
    @digger61 so awesome to see your progress and - wow - your exercise has been awesome, way to go!
    @AustinRuadhain yeaaaaah, I love this - and we'll do this 'cause we GOT this!! =>

2jdkjz3qe3dq.gif

@vegan4lyfe2012 hey - I think I know how you got through all of that cast time - READING! I used to read a lot, and many of the authors you mentioned but my attention span for reading has really been challenged for the last several years. I am delving into audio books and podcasts, trying to see if I want to actually subscribe with a service
    @Cornanda I gotta say - it's just amazing to look up and see yourself starting down a familiar slide and then stopping and getting off the ride - ON PURPOSE! Yes, indeed - that is why we need to be kind to ourselves. No matter if it's ourselves we're reacting to or someone else....we always do a better job with a cooler head. => And the best part of that, the priceless part, is how it will help you the next time (because, there's always another one coming down the pipe) you'll see it sooner and the day is coming that you catch it before anger eating. Awesome you!
  • Tracey0088
    Tracey0088 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Goals

AUGUST 2020
    Week 1 for Slimpossible. Week 3 for me.
    Check in Tuesday 8/4/20

So excited to say I am still on track my 3rd week in. Had the 3 grands today. Worked from home and had two good walks. One in am and one in pm. I hope you all are doing well. I plan to be the Mission Slimpossible cheerleader every Wednesday to pump you up for the weekend. On the other days, I am focusing on successes, positive new habits. Let’s go team.
    Starting weight 196.7
    Monday Wt:195.3
    Tuesday Wt: 193.1
    My BMR: 1750-2250: Sedentary-Very Active week
    KGoal/k in: 1600/1,558Calories over/under: UNDER
    Exercise Burn: 511
    Self Care Chart: Great
    Water: Fair
    Exercise: Goal 40 min/ Completed 104 min EXCEEDED
    Steps: 16,789
    Net k: BMR2,250 minus kin1,558=697 plus burn 511= net 1,208
    Sleep: 8 hours 42 min.