Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,564 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I like Chsvez's song, that's awesome! You got me, I clicked on it then screamed while it connected as I lost all my responses and I'm on the phone, you always get me!

Great losses everyone, all of you lost today!

Friday check-in
    Exercise arm cardio, arm resistance bands, leg resistance stretching for splits, Kundalini chakra meditation, earth energy healing.
    Calories- slightly over
    Water- great

Got my 23andMe results, it didn't have the genetic mutation info but I'm high risk for celiac on both sides of the family so that may explain some things. More traumatic is "someone" isn't as Armenian as the family thinks so they aren't either! I probably shouldve kept it to myself but already told my dad and brother, not sure about past immediate family.

On a weird note I'm craving fats and hate fatty meat, coconut, avocado, and can't have dairy! If my body makes me keto I'll be mad, it's the opposite of how I eat plus i have no gallbladder. I'm eating a lot of nuts and olives and craving chicken sausages, I've never craved meat before and have been eating more plant-based until now but eat chicken breasts for protein. It's been 3 weeks and I'm doing a little better so I have to keep this up!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Tracey0088 congratulations on your weight loss, that is wonderful! But more, congratulations on the pregnancy! Agree with you that a kid is always a blessing.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Tracey0088 Wow that is incredible news! I can feel your excitement for the twins and I do pray for your daughter to find her joy in this amazing gift that has been given to her and I pray for those babies to grow and thrive. And congrats on your awesome weight loss. You are crushing it and inspiring us all!! B)

@Katmary71 I have been thinking about doing 23andMe. On my fasting group many of the people enter the raw data they get from 23andMe into this site which they say gives a lot more information. Maybe that would be a good idea for you. https://www.xcode.life/

@LynnJ9 Ohhh I am so sorry that you have been in the hospital but happy to read that you are feeling better. I don’t know anything about diverticulitis. I bet you can find Facebook groups if you don’t find anyone here that has dealt with it. Congrats on the weight loss! :)

@Cornanda Hey we lost the same amount this week! Let’s see if we can drop our numbers even lower next week. <3

@AustinRuadhain I got most of the work down yesterday, but I really need to teach myself how to use Wordpress. Our website for the church needs some major work and I just don’t understand very much of it. I have much better luck with my puzzles! :grin:

Good morning! It’s a gloomy, lazy morning around here. I am going to go get my workout done in a few minutes and then probably just chill the rest of the day and play with my new puzzle and listen to an audiobook. I’m going to fast most of the day until dinner and see if I can get the scale to move this week. ;)

u1g74phl3miq.jpg

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @LynnJ9 --- Hope you get sprung today!

@Tracey0088 --- Congrats! That is incredibly exciting news!

@TeresaW1020 ---OK!

Yesterday I said that men are blessed in the fitness department and then later realized that we have men in this group who are working very hard on their weight loss journeys. My sincere apologies for being insensitive.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,894 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Yeah my bathroom saga is ALMOST over, thankfully! I am definitely thankful that my family is willing to share their shower. I can't imagine if they weren't! Thank you. I am trying my best to weather the storms of my life right now. I have my good days and bad days.

@Cornanda Well, it looks like it's going to have to be a bath (don't want to steam up the unpainted walls), but boy am I going to enjoy it!!!! Thanks!

@Tracey0088 Congrats on the weight loss, but also, wow, congrats on the news of the twins on the way!!! How incredible!

@TeresaW1020 Enjoy your day!

Hello friends. Tonight, my husband and I are celebrating 15 lovely years together. We are getting takeout from a fancy restaurant and it should be a lovely evening. Have a wonderful Saturday!

Friday
    Calories: over/under: even
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    End of week reminders. (Sorry if I missed your post - please remind me if so.)

@kingtika12
    @bethanie0825
    @GretchenReine
    @raleighgirl09
    @Kelley0519
    @Bettyboag
    @digger61
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,768 Member
    Options
    Username:Digger61
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 202
    Todays Weight: 202
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @Trooworld - Great weigh-in! I find myself very curious about your week. I am thinking food not as bad as you thought and maybe plenty of calorie burning, which can include stress!
    Happy Anniversary!
    Enjoy that special takeout and time with your husband! And a bath, even with unpainted walls!

@Cornanda - Great weigh-in! Hurray for being down this week!
    Your empathy and your apology are inspiring.
    We are all in an ongoing process of being present and learning to practice compassion.
    I am reminded that I read a story this morning about Dolly Parton, saying that sometimes "you just do stuff not realizing, but as soon as you realize that it is a problem, you should fix it." So for me, you and Dolly are both inspiring. I know, for me, I work at being aware, and at seeing how quickly and lightly I can make it right, if I think I have put my foot in my mouth.
    t2flu27jmw3b.jpg

And all that said, I think this group is pretty awesome about assuming people mean well, at least as far as I can tell. Every time I stop and think about it, I am inspired at how much the conversation here stays focused on supporting each other in the daily challenges.

@TeresaW1020 - I hope you are enjoying your audiobook and puzzle today!
    I have seen a number of WordPress courses out there, so maybe you can find something helpful? The public library where I live has some great-looking stuff on Word Press, so maybe yours does, too?

@Tracey0088 - Hurray for that great weigh-in, and for staying focused on taking care of yourself and your health in the midst of all that going on.
    I raised my water mug in a toast, and am sending all best wishes for the health of your daughter and those twins.

@Karmary71 - I am sorry about your losing comments, but so glad you liked a Gina Chavez song.
    Did you listen to/watch "Let It Out?" That one has such a happy vibe, and the video reminds me of some early MTV moments.

@LynnJ9 - I am so, so sorry to hear about your being in the hospital. I hope you were indeed able to go home today.
    I know someone who has diverticulosis and had a diverticulitis incident. Once things settled down for him, it was not too challenging. Hopefully, things will settle down for you soon as well.
    I did a little looking, since he does not seem to make a particular effort to avoid nuts and seeds, and found these articles. So maybe ask your health professionals more questions?
    Mayo Clinic - Are there trigger foods I should avoid to prevent diverticulitis attacks?
    Diverticulosis & Nuts - Dr. Michael Greger (an MD with a particular interest in nutrition) (older video, but he reviews them and leaves them up if the research has not changed; it's a very actively managed site)
    I have no personal experience with this, but I eat a super-high plant fiber diet, so if you start looking for recipes, maybe some of those would be helpful.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    OK, DO NOT post links to me without warnings, I just did it again! Grrrr, I hate losing my responses but am too freaking curious!

@Tracey0088 Congratulations, I'm so happy for you! Cheers and prayers from me!

@TeresaW1020 I actually had purchased from that site and didn't realize I had to do 23andMe first so they gave me a refund. I'll have to think about it, money's really tight with this diet but I'm really curious about the MTHFR gene (the Mother bleeper gene as people like me refer to it as!). I DID save the link, thank you! It's actually really interesting, my brother's decided to go gluten-free to see if he responds to it like I have been, he has some issues that could explain it plus he didn't have headaches on Keto so it'll probably help him. I'm excited to have them doing the diet too, he's already found some replacement for flour so I'll let him test-drive everything.

@Cornanda I get what you meant, you were responding to it not being fair that I'm dating someone who could eat at moderation and be somewhat unhealthy when I work my butt off and have to be real strict and am WAY more unhealthy. If I hadn't known him already I wouldn't have dated someone who isn't into health at all. He's in trouble when I can walk again!

@trooworld Baths are the best, enjoy! Happy anniversary! Great weigh-in!

@Digger61 Great job at maintaining!

@AustinRuadhain I did listen to it, twice! It's a fun song, not as fun as Mongolian folk metal though, I've been doing yoga to it! I think that's not what I'm supposed to listen to when doing yoga, I caught myself whipping my ponytail in circles and realized what I was doing! I agree about our group being awesome, I've been thinking a lot of things I'm grateful for and this group is one of them.

• Katmary71
    Options
    Exercise- arm cardio, dance, hip hop, stretching yoga, abs, resistance bands legs for splits, Kundalini meditation for chakras, earth energy healing, self-hypnosis
    Calories- over
    Water- awesome

OK, I have crazy energy, I was saving it to vacuum, I can't do it until after 10 because we're in a heat wave and we're not supposed to use anything extra as we're having rolling blackouts. SO, I've been dancing around the house with a flashlight, I finally had to sit down and come on here to chill out or I won't be able to walk! Stupid vitamins and music have me bouncing off the walls, the cats are following me everywhere too. I wish my body could keep up with me! WIth the heatwave I've been waiting until night to go outside to do yoga and meditation but I come inside all energetic. I also have to sit around all day waiting for night so it's really boring. I wish I could get stuff done around here, I scooped up the equivalent of a cat in hair when I was dancing around.

OK all you creative cooks, help me out! I ordered gluten-free breadcrumbs. Now, any fake cheeses that aren't disgusting or ideas to replace cheese in the Giant Parmesan Turkey Meatball by skinnytaste I've shared a few times? Extra breadcrumbs? The meatball inside has parmesan and the outside has mozzarella cheese. I already put more basil in it. I've heard daiya cheese is good, no idea if they have replacements for those as I've never wanted to try it.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Exercise- arm cardio, dance, hip hop, stretching yoga, abs, resistance bands legs for splits, Kundalini meditation for chakras, earth energy healing, self-hypnosis
    Calories- over
    Water- awesome

OK, I have crazy energy, I was saving it to vacuum, I can't do it until after 10 because we're in a heat wave and we're not supposed to use anything extra as we're having rolling blackouts. SO, I've been dancing around the house with a flashlight, I finally had to sit down and come on here to chill out or I won't be able to walk! Stupid vitamins and music have me bouncing off the walls, the cats are following me everywhere too. I wish my body could keep up with me! WIth the heatwave I've been waiting until night to go outside to do yoga and meditation but I come inside all energetic. I also have to sit around all day waiting for night so it's really boring. I wish I could get stuff done around here, I scooped up the equivalent of a cat in hair when I was dancing around.

OK all you creative cooks, help me out! I ordered gluten-free breadcrumbs. Now, any fake cheeses that aren't disgusting or ideas to replace cheese in the Giant Parmesan Turkey Meatball by skinnytaste I've shared a few times? Extra breadcrumbs? The meatball inside has parmesan and the outside has mozzarella cheese. I already put more basil in it. I've heard daiya cheese is good, no idea if they have replacements for those as I've never wanted to try it.

@Katmary - Well, yeah. I can't see being able to do better than Mongolian Metal on the Katmary Fun Scale. But glad the song was some fun!
    I have a friend who makes her own vegan substitute for Parmesan cheese (the texture in the canister; not fresh). Here's a recipe to try.
    (LINK WARNING - maybe right click and open on a new tab?)
    https://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-vegan-parmesan-cheese/
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,894 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Thank you! Time flies!

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! You and me both, Austin! Maybe I was harder on myself tracking than I am thinking? Maybe I "overtracked" some things? Yes you might be right! Thank you and I did enjoy the dinner and time with hubby and the bath was GLORIOUS! :)

@Katmary71 lol...I will try to remember your curiosity and post a warning for you to open it in a new window. ;) I did enjoy that bath but I had a hard time getting out of it. :( One of the joys of being bigger. Thank you re: the anniversary and the weigh-in! I've heard that Lisanatti Foods Almond cheese is good but I've never had it before. LINK WARNING COPY AND PASTE IN NEW BROWSER LOL: https://lisanattifoods.com/products/#Almomd

Hello everyone! I had fun last night, I ate way too much but today is back to the grind.

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 3 - Aug 2020 Sunday
    PW 139.3lbs (63.2kg)
    CW 137.7lb (62.5kg)

Lost - eating less as so tired rather sleep than eat. Also the weather this week was so hot, don't want to cook or eat hot food so more salads.

Ate KFC on Wednesday and so used to carb fries, buns and rice that next day didn't eat much the following day as tummy ache and no appetite.

One day i just ate brie for a meal as not hunger but want to have calories. Ate no chocolate this week.

The weather got cooler so yesterday ate potatoes wedges and lots of carbs - put on weight but still a lost from last week. Was doing well but ate cheesecake and soft cookies which isn't a treat, just didn't want to throw it away.

Went for 10mile 3hr30 walk on Friday felt good and not tired.

GOALS
    1. Eat more cheese to feel fuller - need to finish the cheddar, feta, mozzarella and gruyère cheese
    2. Don't eat chocolate for a week

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Week 3
    Sunday
    PW: 187.2
    CW: 191.4
    LTD: 13.6

Well, so much for that larger loss last week. I know my eating has been off the rails for the past few days. TOM is also visiting, so I'm going to blame half of the weight gain on him. Hopefully next week will be better. We went to the store and bought more groceries for the hotel and I didn't even look at the Chika Boom :smile: I am in Virginia for 7 more days with my son, so he is my focus for now.

Have a wonderful week, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.