PW: 196
    CW: 195
    LTD: 30 lbs
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

@TeresaW1020 - wow- that's an amazing puzzle. You'll have to tell us how long it takes you to complete it.
    @trooworld - hang in there! I sure hope this week starts looking better for you!

Things have been a bit weird here and I have been doing some emotional eating. My daughter was exposed to Covid last week. She has not developed any symptoms. Wed she will be getting a rapid test done- if she's negative than she can get out of quarantine. She has been confined to her room so she doesn't give it to any of us. This is not how she planned to spend the end of her summer vacation.

Both of my young adults are going to the same university. We are moving them in 8/22, so just over 10 days to go. Previously I had been stressing quite a bit about the upcoming empty nest. I'm feeling more ready now. It's going to take some adjusting-- when my son left I shut his door and stayed out of that part of the house for awhile. It made me sad to see his empty room. Once that hump is passed, I am feeling excited for Husband and I to be able to do our own stuff.

I guess the rest of the month will be a bit of a roller coaster for me. I have resolved to be kind to myself and not stress about my weight loss journey. I will continue to watch what I eat and track it, but I will not get focused what the scale does.

• buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I love Ravensburger puzzles! They are a great past time during pandemic!

@bakatit8gn19 You've got a great attitude for the coming week! You can do it!

@Katmary71 I hate tech problems! So frustrating! I hope yours get worked out soon! Shopping with someone is so much more enjoyable than shopping solo. I haven't been to the store since....um....early April, I think. I miss wandering the aisles with the cart, deciding what looks good. Enjoy your tandem shops!

@digger61 Good day! I love how you are so consistent!

@Bettyboag Congrats on achieving your goals! My husband does IF two days a week...no food until 3 pm and does great. I tried IF, and I felt like I was going to be sick the whole time, and I was just skipping breakfast!

@GabiV125 Your hubby might need a tetanus shot if he stepped on a nail. If it's been more than 10 years since he had one, you should encourage him to run by an urgent care, and they should be able to get him taken care of. I've got two going back to college soon, and one heading back to high school. Thankfully, they decided to start high school online since the state numbers are up at right now.

@trooworld I'm sorry you are having a hard week. I hope pretracking helps you get back on track today. It sounds like you're off to a good start, making good choices. :)

@leonadixon Good luck with the surgery! Focusing now sounds like the best plan, so you will have optimal health beforehand.

@Jactop 30 pounds is quite an accomplishment! Way to go!

@Cornanda *fingers crossed* on your daughter's test! It's so scary these days! I hope you get to enjoy some time with your kids before they go off to school.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Buniphiphu, funny you said that. The way he told me what happened was “remember how I got the tetanus shot in December, it came quite in handy, look what I did”
    I wanted to laugh, but had to put on the mom look.
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow - I hadn't logged on since Friday and it said there were 54 new postings! It's taken me about 30 minutes to read them all :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 Welcome to my neck of the woods! We live in VB and my husband spent 24 years in the Navy so I know all about those homecoming at NOB - enjoy your time here!!

@raleighgirl09 Yes congratulations - it must be so satisfying to see that number!

@trooworld So sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine in February & it was hard despite the fact he was almost 90.

@Tracey0088 Glad to hear the wedding celebrations went well...and all those steps :)

@Cornanda My youngest heads off to college on the 23rd. Well only if he has a negative COVID test and passes a sports physical (he is a student-athlete). But he is a junior so I have adjusted to the quiet house - in fact as he has been here since March we are all ready for him to go :wink:

Phew - I need to do some work (as I am actually at work at the moment) and get up from my desk to stretch out my knee which is now starting to bother me from all the additional running I have been doing this week (almost 24 miles logged since Aug 1, only 52 to go to meet the challenge). Maybe I was a little ambitious to think a 53 year old woman who only runs about 5 miles a week could do 75.7 miles in a month..... :D
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Jumping on for a quick check-in. The last couple of days have been busy with me taking my mom to get eye surgery, which she is doing well but might still need more surgery in her left eye. My hubby got the booster shot for the Shingles vaccine and the side-effects have left him very sick. Chills, fever, and generally feeling like death. If we hadn't been prepared for this I would think he had COVID. Hopefully, he will start improving tomorrow. My eating has been OK but my fasting times are still suffering. Today, I managed 20 hours of the 21 I was shooting for. I'm a little concerned about weigh-in this week so I better get on with it. :#
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @gwamajtw91 you keep on running and take some time off here or there for your knee if you have to. I bet you get that goal done anyway! I know what you mean about being ready for them to go..... I go back and forth. All being cooped up with Covid has helped me feel better about them being off doing their own thing!

@buniphuphu- your swimming is excellent- keep it up!

@GabiV125- yes, sometimes the husbands need the Mom face too!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Username: backatit8gn19
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week: 2
    PW: 251.6
    CW: 252.8
    Overall not a good week but no time me for self pity. Congratulations to everyone meeting their weekly goals. I am hopeful to get moving this week.

@bakatit8gn19 you can get past it Jay - and have a good day tomorrow, even if the week doesn't show what you want right now. Stack up each better day as it comes along and the next number and next week will be better. It's being consistent in doing what works, more than anything, and you can work each day to its fullest potential. Don't worry about the days coming after that - just keep at the actions and things that work, today - and one day at a time. You can do that for you - I know you can.
  • anido1
    anido1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So I have to say, I didn’t get to eat lunch since I was engrossed with work then I heard my son ordering Popeye’s. I so wanted a spicy chicken sandwich until I saw that it was 700 calories!! So I ended up with a thigh and drumstick for a total of 450 calories instead. I managed to walk for 45 minutes and biked for 20. I feel so good right now and hope that I can keep the momentum going. Good night everyone and thanks for the motivation you guys have given😄
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,561 Member
    Options
    Quick check-in
    Calories- over
    Exercise- arm cardio, Kundalini meditation, abs, 7 chakra meditation, resistance bands stretching, yoga, earth energy meditation
    Water- great!

OK, Costco mixed nuts are ridiculously delicious, they're whispering to me from the pantry!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    GabiV125
    Check in Wednesday
    PW 134.4
    CW 133.4

Omg the strategy for yesterday, to eat the foods I don’t particularly like worked! I know it’s not real lost, just water, but feels good.
    I also found the Bingo yesterday and did 5 exercises, and now certain areas hurt, but it’s only because they were in deep sleep and I poked them.
    Side note- my dog is the biggest supporter of jumping jacks.
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Goals achieved however still ate a pretzel that DH brought home for me straight after dinner...I am going to introduce fasting on Thursdays to begin with...
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,894 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Thank you so much! I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's exposure. I'll be thinking good thoughts today for her test.

@buniphuphu Thank you. I think it is helping me to pretrack, it gives me a "road map" so to speak. Swimming 49 minutes a day is a great goal! Congrats on getting in 30 mins of swimming despite the rain. :)

@ggwamajtw91 Thank you and I'm sorry about the loss of your father as well.

@TeresaW1020 I hope your husband feels better soon, hang in there re: the weight...be patient and it will go down again. You've got this!

@raleighgirl09 I'm glad you enjoyed some cake for your birthday.

Hello all. Well, I had planned on doing a YouTube video at some point yesterday but that plan got derailed because the drywall guy showed up at my doorstep with no notice at 8:00 a.m. to work on my bathroom. Don't get me wrong: I'm happy that work is finally being done but it was a surprise and threw a monkey wrench into the plans I had for yesterday. I had already gone for a walk with the dog, so there's that. Eating was better yesterday: stuck with the plan except for a snack of Nature's Bakery Raspberry Fig bars. I'm going to climb out of the darkness yet.

Tuesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,768 Member
    Options
    Tuesday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk and weights
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: walking and weights legs
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! Quick check in to say I am finally caught up with reading.

@gwamajtw91 Thank you! My sister and her ex were in the Navy and stationed in Norfolk and lived in VB back in the 90s, so you may have crossed paths at some point :) Small world! The Navy has them all on massive restrictions right now, so all he’s allowed to do is stay in the hotel room or shop at the NEX.

@trooworld I’m so sorry about your dad. It’s tough. My dad retired at age 63 and had a heart attack and died 7 months later. That was over a decade ago and tears still well up when I see/hear something that reminds me of him.

@TeresaW1020 I hope your husband feels better fast.

To everyone that have children heading off to school – prayers for them all to stay COVID-free and for all their classmates as well. My daughter has opted to do her college courses online, but one teacher still wants them to meet in person periodically. She’s hoping that the teacher will be ok with online Zooms or whatever video conferencing option they choose.

I have been having a great time just being with my son. He’s playing a video game right now and it’s too complicated for me to follow, so I figured I’d hop online and get caught up. For the most part, I have not done too bad with eating, but yesterday I definitely used up all the remaining flex points for the rest of the week. It’s tough when you’re stuck in a hotel room – so easy to grab a bag of popcorn and munch away. I’m trying to be reasonable with myself. The hotel room has a kitchenette, so I have it stocked with salad fixings and bean taco fixings. I just have to say NO to the Mambas and ChikaBoom!

I hope everyone has a Happy Hump Day!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! He is doing much better. I’m so glad that you are having a great time with your son. Just remember your goals and you will do fine. :)

@trooworld Yikes that it is annoying to have the workman just show up but hopefully that means an end is in sight for your bathroom and more importantly for you to be able to take a shower in your own home. B)

Hi everyone! Today was pretty mellow. I did my week eight back/chest weights and Barre booty. I kept up pretty well but dang if that trainer doesn’t do things with her body that I know mine will NEVER do. :grin: I worked my new puzzle and now have the 60 x 40 straight edge frame done. It’s going to be hard but lots of fun. I fasted 21 hours today and plan to do at least that tomorrow. :)
  • Cornanda
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - oops, I missed the post about your hubs. I'm glad to hear he is doing better. Is this shot #2?

@GabiV125 - does your dog get excited and try to do the jumping jacks with you?!

@Katmary71 - Costco nuts whispering to you from the pantry! Cracked me up!

@trooworld - you keep climbing and I bet you will see light tomorrow. You will be sooo glad when those workers are done and your home is back in shape.

@raleigh_girl - Happy belated birthday, sounds like you had a nice day. I'll take your word for it on the empty nest- you are wise. At least I've progressed to the point where the benefits are in sight. Now I just have to get adjusted to the quiet. That might happen faster than I think! I am tired of dirty towels and dishes...... :D

DD's covid test was negative. It is extraordinary that she escaped an infection based on circumstances.
    Very glad.

<3

This discussion has been closed.