Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning y'all. I'm so sorry that I was AWOL this weekend. I fell off the wagon and was being run over it repeatedly. I'm not going to wallow in self-pity this morning. Instead, I'm going to dust myself off and start over. UGH I hate being at Day 1...but here I am. I've got 2 days til weigh-in (Wednesday) and I'm hoping that it doesn't suck as bad as I'm sure it will. Crossing my fingers!!! :(

We have all...and I mean all of us, fallen off that stupid wagon. It happens but your decision not to wallow is what will keep you on the wagon moving forward. And instead of wallowing, I suggest you immerse yourself in all the reasons why you are wanting to lose weight. Write it out and read it often. That is what I do. You got this!!! <3

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,896 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 That's great! Enjoy the time with your son!

@Cornanda Thanks, I appreciate it.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you. It wasn't a shock to lose him, he was in his 80s, but I'm having complex emotions because of our very difficult relationship. He was abusive and I was never good enough for him, he and my mother always compared me to their biological son, my brother. It caused a lot of problems between my brother and I growing up. So, did you hear back from the woman selling the puzzle? Are you definitely getting that monster of a puzzle? :)

@raleighgirl09 CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING 169.9!!! WTG!

@GretchenReine Don't give up between now and weigh-in, you could have a miracle on weigh-in day, you never know!

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @Tracey0088 Nice loss! All that walking really paid off!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Bada ba ba bup baaaaaaa! (umm, that's supposed to be fan fare-ish music....)

CONRATS @raleigh_girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCH AWESOME, HARD WORK!!!!!!!!!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @anido1 Congrats on your one-pound loss! Sometimes the scale will surprise us...in a good way! :)

@trooworld Yeah, I understand completely how crazy family dynamics can be. :/ YES!! I got the crazy monster. See below! :grin:

@buniphuphu Good I’m glad that you got a scale that you like and I agree that it's good to treat yourself. Congrats on your loss! You are doing great!! B)

@Tracey0088 Congrats on your great weigh-in!! I hope the new shoes will help your feet. :)

Hi Team! Well, today was busy. I went and did some shopping and took my mom to the eye doctor. I also worked out. This is my final week with the hybrid Barre/weight lifting calendar so next week I start something brand new. I’m ready for a change and a new trainer. I broke my fast earlier than usual today and I really need to stop doing that. Tomorrow, I’m setting a goal of a minimum of 21 hours, which means I’m NOT eating until 1:30 pm. I can do it! Yesterday, I bought this amazing puzzle for $40 from a woman off FB Marketplace. If you can even find it new it will cost well over a $100. It’s called Bizarre Town and it’s going to be intense!! :grin: I hope to start it in a couple of days. Gotta finish the current one first. ;)

yj2mkymzwnjf.jpg

• buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @anido1 We're all in this together! Seeing others' struggles can really help you know you're not alone in this. Congrats on the loss!
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Thank you! My goal is 1.5 pounds a week so I was pleased!
    MFP stopped posting my weight losses 2 years ago. I was upset at first, but like you, I realized it really didn't matter. Once in awhile I will post my loss myself so my friends can see my progress.
    Congratulations on hitting that milestone! I love hitting those new tens!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine You've got this, one day at a time!

@trooworld I'm so sorry for your loss, I missed that the other day. Even with a complicated relationship it's hard to lose someone you care about.

@anido1 Congratulations on the unexpected weight loss! If I'm having a hard time getting moving I'll put on a fun song and dance or put on my "warm up" cardio song then tell myself if I'm not up to it after one song then I can quit. Usually by then I'm having fun and fired up so I keep going!

@TeresaW1020 What a cool puzzle! Ravensburger has the best-looking puzzles, I've spent a lot of time checking them out as they have a lot of cool fantasy ones I love. What type of workout are you going to try next? I love trying new stuff, I miss trying different genres of dance each day or a new video. I'm SO tired of the same instructors, it's wonderful to have new energy to follow.

@LynnJ9 Definitely post your weight loss, it's something to brag about! I noticed after gaining from pain anxiety eating I'm not getting recognition on the way back down now. It's disappointing though I don't mind that it didn't tell everyone all the weight I'd gained!

@bakatit8gn19 OK, but this is a new week, time to kill it my friend!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    OK gang, I can laugh at myself. My laptop is having issues making an awful drilling noise which makes meditating outside impossible as it drives me nuts. The guy I'm seeing said it was probably the drive crashing so I've been stressed after needing it soon for school plus I just replaced the screen but I let him listen to it today. He asked about the CD player and when I flipped it over a piece of straw was flapping around from the fan! OMG, I would've been so embarrassed taking that in for repairs! I feel kinda dumb with him seeing it but he didn't know either. Guess that's a possibility doing yoga and meditation on the grass! My Fitbit though IS genuinely screwed up, I'm going to have to get a replacement. I don't have a single electronic I haven't had problems with especially since COVID and my ice maker is still sending random cubes out so it's probably something wrong with me like energy I give off.

Monday check-in
    Calories- under I hope! My Fitbit died right before 90 minutes of cardio and didn't come back up and I don't log yoga or meditation so I didn't get steps or calories burned.
    Exercise- arm cardio, resistance band arms and legs for the splits, yoga, Kundalini kriya meditation, earth energy healing
    Water- great

OK, it's freaking AWESOME having someone to go to Costco with! I stuck him with the cart while I dodged people to get everything, made him lift the cat litter, and he brought everything inside for me. Of course this is all stuff "I" can NORMALLY do just fine and take a lot of pride in (aside of pushing the cart, Costco sends my blood pressure through the roof dodging people who aren't paying attention and I'd gladly let someone else deal with that). Of course he likes all my favorite drinks, I have Diet Pepsi I can't drink in the house, coffee cream, and parmesan bagels, they smell so good! And their food is way high calorie, the only thing I could have was the fruit smoothie as it's only fruit. His chicken bake looked delicious. I hate my freaking body! Why can't I get away with stuff like that????

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options

Digger61
    Daily post
    August 10
    Week 2
    Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: Yes walking
    Goals tomorrow walking and weights
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Another day with goals achieved! Thinking about setting an additional goal as I am doing well with the current two...I’m not convinced about whether to try intermittent fasting a few days a week or have a few non carb days...
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 if you went through some Fitbits, you already know this, but saying it for the group, as long as the Fitbit was purchased from a recognized affiliate , you can get a replacement . I got one once from Groupon that was not replaced.

I feel naked without my Fitbit, so I understand your frustration, and to die right before a great workout... double frustration.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    My day, so and so. As soon as I bragged about having a good week, my husband stepped on a nail Sunday. He’s the alpha, so no doctor obviously, and now I’m changing the bandage couple times a day.
    Maybe because I’m out of my comfort zone, or because my oldest goes back to school next week, but boy oh boy it’s so hard to stay away from the fridge. I’m already up a pound since Wednesday.
    It might be lame but my strategy for today is to cook them what they like and I don’t. Then I’ll eat that, not something else like before, so I won’t be tempted for seconds.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,896 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 This puzzle looks intense but fun, good luck with it! :)

@Katmary71 Thank you. <3 LOL about the straw but at least it was a free fix? Costco drives me nuts, I love it but it also sends my blood pressure through the roof lol.

Hello all. I have a feeling this is going to be another bad week, it's certainly started off like that. I have to try to turn it around. Yesterday after I got off work at noon, I stopped at fast food. I haven't gotten fast food in about 8 months. It was pure emotionally eating. I'm pretracking my meals today (as always) and hoping that helps some. Maybe do some journaling. Do a Leslie Sansone video from YouTube.

Monday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Leslie Sansone video, eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
This discussion has been closed.