raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Week 2
    Sunday
    PW: 192.0
    CW; 187.2
    LTD: 17.8

I am happy as a clam! Out of the last 7 days, I only had 1 "bad" one and it was yesterday. Because driving 13 hours of driving can get pretty darn boring! But I arrived at my destination and I am so excited! I can't say where or why just yet, but I will when I'm allowed!

@vegan4lyfe2012 what a wondeful weigh in and accomplishment - WOWIE WOW!!!!!! Congrats and can't wait to hear what's going on!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Yayyy on your amazing weigh-in!! Girl, you will have us on pins and needles wondering where you are at and what you are doing? Can't wait to hear! :grin:

@Bettyboag Good for you for being alcohol-free! That is really hard when someone with you is drinking. :)

@apple852hk Good job on getting back on track with your weight loss! Just slow down on that chocolate. ;)

@raleighgirl09 Ohhhh I totally get you that want to reach 170 by your birthday! And I think it’s great to have a goal to shoot for. I just don’t want to see you beat yourself up if the scale says higher than your desired number. I am still chasing Onderland and I set a goal every month to make it happen. And it will happen!! Maybe this month! :grin:*fingers crossed!*

So glad that you had a great day with your friend and made great food choices. Wow!! I still don’t know if I would have the power to resist the donuts. Wayyyy to go! B) And I totally get you hoping that it’s a lifestyle that you are creating. That is what I’m trying to do with IF. I don’t want to be on another diet EVER!! I’m still a work in progress but as our weight loss goals will happen, I believe living a new lifestyle where I have freedom over food will happen too.

Ohhhhh and for you and anyone else who is interested in how the whole “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” got started should read this! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day…or is it? ;)

@trooworld Two nights of eating out meant that you retained water from all the sodium. Eat clean and drink your water. It will be down and then some next week. <3

Good morning team! Well, I have managed to overeat for the last two days and drink too much wine. So, I’m nipping that in the bud starting today and will get back to fasting longer and no more wine for me. At least not for the rest of the week. :D We have church this morning and this is the first Sunday that our nursery and kids church will be open. I’m excited to see more people who I have been missing. Especially the kids! I also just found an amazing 5000 piece puzzle on FB Marketplace and I am anxiously waiting for the woman to message me back that I can buy it!! OK, I need to go workout and get on with the day. You all have a wonderful day and stay focused on your goals! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,894 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Thank you! And to be honest, my dad died this week. We didn't have a good relationship, I hadn't talked to him since last summer, and I'm ok. My point in revealing that is that I had a really rough week so it really isn't a surprise that I was up. I went back to work, my bathroom still isn't done, and my dad died all in one week. Not to make excuses. <3 Way to go, staying away from those donuts!!! That definitely is a shift in thinking and a lifestyle change.

@AustinRuadhain Thank you!

@vegan4lyfe2012 WTG! Great loss. Congrats! BTW, I finally got Tommyknockers from the library and just started it. I'm so excited!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, I do hope so! <3 How exciting for the nursery and kids church to be open, I'm sure you are glad to have the kids back. 5,000 piece puzzle? Girl, are you crazy??? LOL Have a great day! ;)

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,768 Member
    Options
    Saturday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: cleaning garage and walking
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: day off
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Congratulations vegan4life! It’s so wonderful and I’m so happy for you!
    Absolutely fantastic! Enjoy your mini-vacation 😁
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    On a different subject, I’m stuck on a technicality , I can’t get in the spreadsheets.
    Can my steps be added for our team?
    8/1: 13895
    8/2: 19445
    8/3: 5870
    8/4: 11680
    8/5: 16449
    8/6: 16275
    8/7: 12834
    8/8: 16275
    For the other challenges, I had 2 new foods this week: Lima Beans and Chicken Tikka Masala.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - that is one hell of a week you had. {{HUGS}}

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Enjoy your time with your son!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Note About Tracking Steps

@GabiV125 - We are currently not tracking an exact number of steps in a spreadsheet, as far as I know. Unless I missed something? @TeresaW1020 ? @raleighgirl09 ? @Katmary71 ?

The Fat2Fit Habit Tracker lets us check off whether we met goals. You might click this link, just to make sure you are trying to get to the right spreadsheet? There's also a spreadsheet where weigh-ins get tracked, which most of us can see but not enter data in. So when you said you couldn't get access the spreadsheet I wondered a little if it was the weekly weigh-in sheet.

To use the Fat2Fit Habit Tracker:
    1. You set up to 5 actions you want to focus on. These can be daily, a certain number of times a week, etc. For steps, I am seeing people list "hit a certain number of steps."
    2. You keep a record of whether you met your goals
    So, if you have a steps-related goal, it's trackable there, but not as a series of numbers. It's "met goal" (checkmark) or "didn't meet goal" (no checkmark).

So my entry currently looks like this:
    ktt455ivugbo.jpg

If the spreadsheet is not working for you, you could also create a printable thing to go on your fridge? There are a dizzying number of free options. Here are a some: https://thepetiteplanner.com/21-free-printable-habit-trackers/
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small your weight loss it is recorded in green. So, Remember to always weigh-in! B)

7u0fpc629fxd.png
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld, I am sorry that you lost your dad. I had a bad relationship with my dad and we hadn’t talked in several years but losing him was still a shock. Be good to yourself. <3 And yes I am crazy EXCITED to be getting my new puzzle!!! :D

@digger61 Good job on your goals. Including taking the day off. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 I am soooo happy for you!! Have a wonderful time with your son! :grin:

@GabiV125 I’m sorry but we are not recording steps in this group. We have done that in the past but it gets way to hard to manage everyone’s steps. I encourage you to set up the Habit Tracker as @AustinRuadhain suggested. You could do a range of steps that you want to hit. That is what I’m doing with my intermittent fasting. :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Thank you for the recipes! The first two look really good! I can't have butter or I'd make that chicken piccata tonight! Way to go on avoiding doughnuts!

@AustinRuadhain I'm unsure why you tagged me, is it because I'm disconnected from Fitrckr again? I figured, I always am. If we're still doing it I'll go reconnect it, I never think of it unless I get an email then I get annoyed, LOL! I cared more when we were competing against the other group, all this arm flapping has to count for our team! Against each other within Slimpossibles I'm not as concerned, I just want us to kick some butt! :smiley:

@vegan4lyfe2012 So happy you get to see your son!

@Bettyboag AWay to go on staying alcohol free!

Saturday checkin
    Calories- over
    Exercise- yoga, resistance band stretching for splits, arm resistance bands, Kundalini crown chakra meditation, earth energy healing
    Water- great

Sunday checkin
    Calories- under I hope!
    Exercise- earth energy healing, meditation, arm cardio, hip hop, resistance band stretching for splits
    Water- great

Not much new going on, the guy I'm seeing is still here so we've been watching a lot of TV, I normally don't stay up late binge-watching shows so I'm a little off my game. If you want a great series check out Hunted on Amazon about the holocaust and Nazis in America, we finished that one last night.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,056 Member
    Options
    The WEEK 2 Challenge is up! Time to play some fitness bingo :smiley:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10806574/week-2-challenge-bingo#latest
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I will read the previous entries later. But for now, I'm excited to say I'm in Norfolk, Virginia waiting for my son who is back from a 7 month deployment! I'll be here for 15 days. This is one excited mom!
    0417spd2fpeh.jpg

@vegan4lyfe2012 wow - what a glorious feeling. As one who waited for the troops as a wife - there really are no words to truly describe the last few days and hours until your soldier/sailor comes home. So many thanks - for his service, for the love, dedication and steadfast spirit of his family which helped him do his job. For me and my freedom. Thank you.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in

Ok - so, good news! This morning came the bingoBANGO big news of 169.9! I was surprised and I waited all day for MFP to announce it on my homepage. Nothing. And, I kinda wanted it to but it never did and after a while I thought...well - did I need that fanfare? Does it change anything? Nah - it's all good. B)

I'm happy about it and just hope it wasn't a momentary blip down with an up to follow before it settles in. Welp. If it does - I'll take it in stride. OR. I'll work toward that if I find it harder in reality than theory...... :D:D:D

To be sure....something will happen! =>

@LynnJ9 wow, what a GREAT loss, so delighted for you – CONGRATS!!!
    @AustinRuadhain thanks so much! Yep – I think I was just busy, re doughnuts with me all day, and I don’t consider them part of the plan so it’s a non-thing…? What I do know is – there will be times when that would be bothersome and make me anxious and all that, just being realistic and understanding the ebb and flow of it all. So, I want to try to really pay attention to NOW – so that then….maybe I can pull from this and help me over a hump. As for a step challenge – by the day and tallying – not that I am aware of. However, I stayed on Fitrockr and still go (loosely, not daily) to check and have to refresh my steps but I LOVE having the tally right there for me. My Fitbit doesn’t track it quite so cleanly – taking multiple walks a day and then the usually just walking around makes Fitrockr make more sense, at least for me.
    @Apple852hk I eat cheese for the satiety and fullness, too! It’s just really satisfying and I find I am good with it as long as I don’t overdo it. Full fat cheese, half and half, real mayo, whole milk Greek yogurt – I don’t compromise on these things. For me – they are worth the calories and, I feel, help me succeed.
    @bettyboag YAY YOU for meeting your alcohol goal!
    @TeresaW1020 you are right there, my friend, on the cusp. You have a better mindset and frame of mind – a calm about you for your process. I believe you’ll hit the 1derland goal and better yet – I can sense that you also feel you will. => I am thrilled watching you march in that direction! Thanks for that article! Bane of my breakfast existence – forcing myself to do that, so many times. Even with family who insisted that it was so unhealthy for me to not eat breakfast. Anyway – am past that. In fact, I don’t mind go by *most* of the “experts’” diet rules. I do what works – for me.
    @Katmary71 I think I might try avocado oil or olive oil for the chicken piccata – apart from the chicken, the stars of that show are the lemon and capers; the oil would add a rich background and I doubt the butter would be missed. Have I ever mentioned that I taught cooking in a previous life…? I was an accomplished home cook who taught Japanese homemakers American cooking….and got pretty fat doing it – but man, the food was really great, haha!! Once I began this journey to weight loss, I became quite invested in swaps and changes that make sense for me and in making recipe changes to fit what I wanted to do. If you’re ever curious about a good swap for something, point me to a recipe and I’ll take a look and give an opinion….laws yes – I will typically have one!

CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss, you're killin it! You didn't mention you taught cooking, you can teach me anytime! I took Wilton cake decorating classes planning on working in a bakery while in college, a cake a week and two batches of buttercream frosting was not good for my hips! I can only imagine the great food you brought home. I'll see if I have capers, I'm going to Costco tomorrow so I'll probably get a rotisserie chicken but will try that soon, thank you!
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    All goals achieved today 🤗
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Good morning y'all. I'm so sorry that I was AWOL this weekend. I fell off the wagon and was being run over it repeatedly. I'm not going to wallow in self-pity this morning. Instead I'm going to dust myself off and start over. UGH I hate being at Day 1...but here I am. I've got 2 days til weigh-in (Wednesday) and I'm hoping that it doesn't suck as bad as I'm sure it will. Crossing my fingers!!! :(
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    hh25udqxem9q.jpg

raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in

Ok - so, good news! This morning came the bingoBANGO big news of 169.9! I was surprised and I waited all day for MFP to announce it on my homepage. Nothing. And, I kinda wanted it to but it never did and after a while I thought...well - did I need that fanfare? Does it change anything? Nah - it's all good. B)

I'm happy about it and just hope it wasn't a momentary blip down with an up to follow before it settles in. Welp. If it does - I'll take it in stride. OR. I'll work toward that if I find it harder in reality than theory...... :D:D:D

To be sure....something will happen! =>

Wahoooooo!!! :star:B):grin: We are soooo happy for you and to heck with MPF homepage! We are all about fanfare on this team and we are soooo proud of your accomplishment. Now buckle down and make that number stick!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.