Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,936 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine Congrats on the loss. Maybe you don't have a loss for the month of August, but I know in September you will be kicking butt!

@buniphuphu OMG! I would have been done, too! LOL Maybe for good. ;) That's good your husband came up with a delaying tactic. Hopefully the GF doesn't come up with a counter move. Yeah, the videos were fun but honestly, I was just kind of jerking around like a monkey not looking at all like the video lol. I'm so uncoordinated.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm sorry about the bumper. I assume you and your daughter are okay? That's good you journaled about what you saw in those pictures. Journaling is powerful.

@Katmary71 Yeah, I think you are right, I think you can watch those videos right on this page but it's better to be safe. ;) Parm is so good. Sorry you have to abstain. :( Ooh thanks for posting that recipe!!!

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 & @Katmary71 Thank you both so much for your kind words. Looking at what I'm going through and cutting myself slack isn't a strong point of mine. Realizing that I haven't caved completely isn't a really easy thing to do. It's so much easier to see that I didn't hit my goals. I've mastered being negative in my 49 years of life. Undoing that is going to take time. I'm going to really try to focus on one day at a time these next few days and try to get out of August without doing too much damage! I'm going to work on my September goals, which will probably mirror my August goals. No need to up them since I didn't hit them. LOL I also don't want to cut back. We shall see how it goes!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks so much! I hope you're right!!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hi team! Today was super busy. I had my weekly staff meeting, went to lunch with them, then back to the office to get some work done. After dinner, hubby and I ran over to Hobby Lobby and found a nice little gift for a small wedding shower that the staff and spouses are throwing for our worship pastor and his lovely wife to be this Sunday. Tomorrow, I have to spend most of my day at my computer reworking our church website to reflect all the changes we have made since Covid hit our world. I kept hoping we would go back to normal but that ain't happening! :/ My eating wasn't good today and I'm not really looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. I read all your post but I'm really too tired to respond. You all keep doing your best and being kind to yourselves. <3
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    @gwamajtw91 Ha! I believe it! People drive crazier there than they do in Chicago! I like your tracking app. Can you tell me what it is?

@TeresaW1020 I hope you are able to get a good night's rest.

@MommaGemz Nice job! You are killin' it!

@GretchenReine I hear you. I've mastered the art of mentally scourging myself. But we can look forward and remind ourselves that we would NEVER treat others that way and that we deserve love, too. Hang in there, chickie!

I hope everyone has had a good Thursday and you were able to make good choices. It's been extremely hot and humid here in Michigan, so I'm making sure I stay hydrated. My work is done, I finished the dishes, my daughter is out with her fiance doing some wedding planning, so I am going to head into my craft room and make a card for my son...I can't believe he's going to be a quarter of a century old in a couple weeks! Ha! He made a face at me when I mentioned that to him last week :smiley:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,117 Member
    Options
    Welcome two more new members! @BethB554 and @andreiya12 will be joining for the September challenge and will be here soon to get started. Enjoy!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    This is my first month here so I have a dumb question- for September challenge, I register in that thread, right?
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    @Tracey0088 I'm sorry you weren't feeling great about this past month. I just joined so I don't know all the history, but from what I can see, you did amazing! 5 lbs down in a month is awesome progress! And then look what happened- bye bye 190s! Interesting what you said about having "mastered being negative." Me, too. Time to work on mastering the positive. I'm much better at this for other people than myself.

@GretchenReine At least you are back on track! Scale headed in the right direction. Hugs, though. I know how defeating it is to make progress and then lose it. It's why I'm here. I lost 30 lbs last year, maintained it until March and lockdown. I'm unhappy to report I gained 20 lbs back. Nothing to do now but move forward.

@vegan4lyfe2012 So sorry to hear about your bumper. I hear you on not loving your face in photos- that's actually really motivating to me right now. I'm unfortunately one of those people who shows weight gain in my face as soon as I'm up a few pounds, so being twenty away from where I was in March has made my face so much fatter. Ugh. I hate having this slight double chin and puffy cheeks.

Two days in a row, I've stuck to my calorie limit. Not doing well on sugar, but calories count most at this stage, and I've been rewarded by seeing the scale nudge down a bit.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,598 Member
    Options
    @Tracey0088 Congratulations, you're doing amazing!

@GretchenReine I suck at being nice to myself and giving myself leeway, I'm very all-or-nothing and pretty aggressive with goals so having to completely change and lay off things to listen to my body both with workouts and diet has been horrible! I'm all for tweaking things but NOT being able to do things is killing me especially after being bedridden for years. For me the biggest takeaway from all I've been through the since March is it's okay to tread water for the time being as long as I'm fighting in the right direction. Doesn't always feel great and I'm unhappy that I'm losing a lot of gains I made in the last year but I have to accept my limitations and keep fighting the good fight and find ways to survive and improve my situation.

@MommaGemz Great weight loss, over halfway there!

@gwamajtw91 nice loss and great graph!

@TeresaW1020 Sounds like an exhausting day all the way around, take care of yourself and get some rest.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Sounds like a positive day, enjoy the card creating.

@BethB554 @andreiya12 Welcome to the Slimpossibles, the most awesome team around! I can't wait to get to know the two of you.

@GabiV125 You don't have to do anything, you're already part of the team. Happy first month!

@Hilogirl2018 Yes, congratulations on keeping calories down! You can always tweak other stuff later, I focused on calories first as well then made later changes to diet. I don't think I'll ever get the diet 100%, it's always changing depending on how I'm feeling and how my body reacts.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 259
    Todays Weight: 258
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,598 Member
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- arm cardio, gentle stretching, chakra meditation, earth energy healing
    Water- great

Had my first class over Zoom, not bad but I'm super shy when I first meet people and being beamed into the center of people's screens by talking is a nightmare, I hate being the center of attention.

My body is refusing to allow me to stretch hard to do the splits by my birthday. I upped it to twice a day and can barely walk when I get out of bed so I'm going the opposite way and doing it every other at this point. I can do mellow yoga/stretching every day but the "stretching for the splits with resistance bands" must be more aggressive than I think then I push all the hip flexor stuff. I'm frustrated that I'm losing all my weight-lifting gains at this point but know there's nothing I can do about it even if the gym was open. Frankly it's hard to be patient each day but I have to keep reminding myself my focus right now is on nourishing my body, maintaining a steady calorie amount to heal and not be at a deficit despite wanting to lose 5lbs, and getting out of this freaking pain so I can breathe again. THEN I can tear it up with weights again, first time I can do step-up lunges I'm going to cry (before I fall over from horrible balance!). The stair treadmill and bike are distant dreams but I'll conquer them again if it's the last thing I do and beat my old goals! I lost my Fitbit but my replacement comes on Saturday, I'm lost without data in 6 months even though it wasn't totally correct or working properly. It's kind of freeing NOT knowing how close to 10,000 I am though!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 203.2
    Todays Weight: 203.8 :|
    Loss To Date: 60.7
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,936 Member
    Options
    @MommaGemz That's fantastic, congratulations!!! :D

@ggwamajtw91 Happy belated birthday! Your chart is a reminder that our WLJs have ups and downs and that's totally normal. I'm sorry you didn't make your goal by your birthday but you'll get there in time. You are so close!

@Hilogirl2018 That's great that you've stuck with your calorie limit for the past two days, WTG!

@Katmary71 I don't envy you having classes over Zoom. My grad school was all online but I never had to do anything Zoom and I don't recall doing anything where I was beamed to other people. But hopefully you get used to it. That's good you were able to get a replacement for your FitBit. I'm sorry you are having trouble with stretching for the splits, I hope pulling back a bit helps you get closer to your goal.

Hello everyone. TGIF! I have not been doing a good job of tracking. I pre-tracked meals but I didn't edit when I changed what we ate. Now, I have to go back and change everything and luckily I menu plan in a website so I know what we had otherwise it would be impossible! :(

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: under?
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, walk, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,117 Member
    Options
    Two more new folks coming your way! Welcome to
  • andreiya12
    andreiya12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everibody!!! I am andreiya from Romania🤗🤗 new to this in everything that is comunity. I have 32 years and 79 kg. I am trying to trak my cal intake and since january i lost 18kg.but for 3 months my scale wont go down. I am joining you for more suport and challenge.i have been a lil' down this monts because of the scale.hope with you guys that will be more easy. Can you give me some advice for the challange? Thank you and i am very excited to start with you!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 the tracking app is called Libra. I have an android phone but I expect you can get it on an iPhone too. An added bonus is that it's free!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    Week 4? 8/28
    PW:188
    CW: 190
    LTD: 1 lb

Yes, I am ready to get back to work!
This discussion has been closed.