MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday nightcap

Ok, I made the water committment! And I consider my calories in range at 1285 - technically the goal is 1220 but if I am under 1300, I'm good with it. Hunger was up today again so I had a very substantial between lunch and dinner because we were going kayaking before dinner and that would be late (it was - 10:00pm) and I was not interested in being hungry while paddling. But dinner itself was pretty light so that was all fine. => Maybe I'll have less hunger tomorrow and be able to be under the 1220, we shall see. Sometimes I avoid alcohol to keep calories lower but tonight I was looking forward to a drink....so I had it! B) Exercise was good, had an early walk, then a bike ride and then kayaking....so a win/win/win on the getting out for fresh air and body movement today! Thank you back and hip for sustained goodness and please don't make me regret these words.... :D:#:D:#
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 - Sending you best wishes for happy hips and back! And yay for getting outside and getting some fresh air.

@TeresaW1020 - Thank you for Inspiration Monday!
    I love these words of yours.
    We really do have to be kinder to ourselves and believe in what we can achieve. Right! :heart:
    And these words -- I just sympathize with! For me, I have to work on keeping things off the plate if I can, because I have trouble leaving food on the plate!
    I really need to be more mindful of listening to my body and stopping the moment I start to feel full, even if that means leaving food on my plate. It’s just that food tastes so very good!! :grin:

@ShredWeek1 and @veryhotmails - Thank you for helping generate such a great challenge idea this week!

@gwamajtw91 - Yes! So glad you are not giving up! Stay in the game, and you will find what it takes to reach your goals. Tracking food is a fabulous plan!

@raleighgirl09 - Thank you so much for your post. This is so inspiring to so many of us. I especially think that rewriting the story you tell yourself can be such a game-changer. Huge.
    you can do this - and you can successfully repeat it tomorrow. When you stumble, you can just go back to the plan and be kind to yourself in the process. But me saying it is not half as important as you saying it - to you - over and over again. Even if you don't believe it at first. Make this the story you tell yourself
    I'll be interested to see if upping water intake helps you.
    I would secoind everything you said about @KatMary:
    @Katmary71 the thing I love about us all doing an intro each month is there are things I am reminded of with my MFP F2F pals because the info is given again and things slipped in because it's new or on the brain at that moment. I think of you often and am so glad that you have a great family, sweet-as-pie nephews and new friends to navigate! Your determination is inspiring to me and keeps me thinking that I can figure out my own ills and woes without weenie-ing out! Because if @katmary71 can figure out how to exercise with some setbacks and modifications, then so can I! <3<3<3
    And this, this is gold. The shampoo bottle I grew up with said "Lather, rinse, repeat," so that's the catchphrase in my head. But I say this same thing to myself.
    Track everything. Talk as well and honestly to yourself as you would your very best friend on a topic that is critical for her health and well-being. Get right back to it when there is a bump in the road (there will be many) - do not quit on yourself, just start again with the next meal and next day. Assess, assess, assess. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

@GretchenReine - I am so with you on this: "I think it's perfectly natural to want to put something in our mouths."
    True! We are made to want to eat and enjoy food! I do think we get into some trouble with some of the modern foods that are available, that push those enjoyment buttons so effectively and are so full of calories.

@Jactop - Woohoo! Great weigh-in! Another pound down into Onederland!

@trooworld - Did you get your outdoor iced-coffee-and-reading in again? That sounded awesome! Sorry about the heat, but you are finding great ways to deal.

@cherrymajoni - I loved your long post! You had so many great things to say, and it was so inspiring! And I have had many of these same experiences. Like you, I have found starting small is super helpful.
    The list is actually endless of all the reasons why I never started or why I started then stopped. This time around I decided my health is my wealth. Started off small 8k steps a day, eat what I like but just measure and log EVERYTHING even takeaways. And straight away my mindset as I was logging the food and seeing the calories go up I was shocked because I didn't think I ate much, so I started making better food choices.

My biggest success tip is logging all my food. As am African and eat African food most of the food don't have bar codes to scan so I spend time measuring and creating a receipe so I can log the food to see when am eating. It's long winded definitely but the results have worked for me. What I thought 100g of rice actually looks like and what it actually is where two very different things difference between 312 calories and 530 calories.

@jspanos345 - Woohoo! Great weigh-in! Congratulation on going down!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    MONDAY CHECK-IN 🟢/🟡
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    Monday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟢 (Jenny Ford Step by Step) (thanking @Katmary71 in my head for the millionth time for getting me started on Jenny Ford!)
    - Bonus workout of some kind 🟢 (more stepping)
    - Weights 🟢
    - Stretch/Yoga 🟢 (just a little, but at least some!)
    - Martial Arts Breathing 🟢
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Declutter something in home office 🟢 Minimal, but did do a teensy bit. I also cleaned part of my husband's home office , as he was off at work. Bonus?
    - Scary Project #1 🔴
    - Scary Project #2 🟢 I was already to mark this RED and then realized I had actually gotten a good bit done. In my head, it was "not enough" and didn't count. I need to remember to celebrate for a moment after I do project things. I haven't been, since "it's not the same" as working on a habit. I can be such a goof. Of course it's helpful here. And having remembered that it's helpful, I just celebrated now!
    TUESDAY Goals
    Tuesday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ ⚪ NEW - get this done in the morning
    - Weights ⚪ also morning? really, how much of the exercise & martial arts can I knock out early?
    - Stretch/Yoga ⚪
    - Martial Arts Breathing ⚪
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms ⚪
    Other Goals
    - Long Term Project ⚪⚪⚪ @raleighgirl09 's wonderful thoughts on creating our reality by how we speak to ourselves, I think it's time to rename these in my head!
    - July & August Project ⚪

Feeling inspired about my Tuesday. Thanks, you guys, for being so inspiring!
    dpnlw5f2r6ia.gif
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @melissa2013m - Hurray! Excellent weigh-in!

@bethanie0825 - Great weigh-in and huge congratulations on reaching the 25 pound mark! That's so great!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 It's good you recognize the connection between not drinking enough water and eating more food. That's the first step in fixing it! :) Sitting listening to nature sounds and reading WAS heaven! I won't tell you that we live next to the freeway so there were freeway sounds as well lol! Your kayak trip sounds lovely. Can you identify the birds or do you just enjoy their sounds? Congrats on a great exercise day!

@MommaGemz Just in case your stationary bike seat is giving you sore spots in "special" places, I can recommend a new seat from Amazon...I have a spin bike and I couldn't stand to ride it for more than 5 minutes at a time because of soreness in "special" places lol. I got this new seat and now I can ride it with no problem! Yes, my weekend was relaxing but hot...I needed a relaxing weekend after all the stress I have been through lately!!! Have a great week in the a/c.

@TeresaW1020 22 hours, wow! Your dinner sounds good. It's hard to leave food on the plate, especially when it tastes good. But I know you can do it!

@AustinRuadhain Not yesterday, I chose to stay indoors in front of the fan. I may go out there again today later when the sun shifts to the other side of the building. It was awesome! Sounds like you had a good Monday, congrats!

@bethanie0825 Congrats on your 25 lbs down! Woo hoo!!!

@GretchenReine You are doing so great, please don't feel bad that you didn't hit all your goals for one day, things will happen out of your control. Keep up the good work! You are doing amazing!

Hello everyone! They took the hot drying equipment out of our condo yesterday and took the plastic off the bathroom doors, so that is a step in the right direction. It also allows us to run the a/c. We couldn't run our portable a/c before this because, with all the drying equipment running, it would cause the electricity to go off. So I look forward to a nice cooler day today! Last night I made Vegan Blackened Tofu with Cheesy Grits: https://www.rabbitandwolves.com/vegan-blackened-tofu-cheesy-grits/ But instead of nutritional yeast to "cheese" up the grits, we used real cheese. I also didn't bake the tofu, I "fried" it in my air fryer to crisp it up. I'm sure it would be good in the oven though. I served it with a side of steamed green beans. I highly recommend this recipe, it was really good.

Monday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: stretching
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great job @melissa2013m & bethanie0825 - Really fantastic accomplishments this week!

@GretchenReine - Wishing you a better day - HUGS!

@trooworld - I absolutely need to invest in a new seat. I'm recovering from a ride yesterday - Ouch! :D

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Thank you so much! I'm really normally the type to beat myself up over missing something and then I give up...and this time I didn't...so I feel like this time I can do this. :smile:

@MommaGemz Thank you!!! *hugs*
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @leonadixon, @bethanie0825, @melissa2013m good going on your weigh-ins this week!! Keep up the great work! B)

@trooworld, yayyy for you’re A/C back getting turned back on!! I know that makes your life better. Another interesting dinner. I love grits! <3

@GretchenReine, you are very right that your daughter comes first! The important thing is that you didn’t beat yourself up and you went to bed feeling good about your decisions. :)

Hey team! Well, today was another fairly relaxed day. I did my workout this morning and then went to Walmart for some groceries. Hubby and I ordered these new office chairs from Amazon and I watched him put them together. We are not very pleased with the chairs and regret buying them. They were cheap and it shows. But they look really good in my home office so we will keep them for the time being. I didn’t hit my fasting goal today but will try again tomorrow. :)
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    I'm really normally the type to beat myself up over missing something and then I give up...and this time I didn't...so I feel like this time I can do this. :smile:

@GretchenReine this is just magic; it's the key. We will all, from time to time, make mistakes. The mistakes don't blow us out of the water - but our reaction has the potential to either do that *BIG KABOOM* or - we can simply move on, figure it out, and improve.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Oy, so tired, this is a quick one and I'll catch up tomorrow! Got the water and under the 1220 cals....that did take some startegy. Was able to get a walk and over my 10,000 step goal. Slept well. Only downfall is that the thing I wanted for dinner was also high in sodium. I mean, seriously, I can juggle only so many factors some days! =>

It's all good!! B) 'Night all!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @MommaGemz I'm glad you're breaking in your stationary bike! I started walking in water once a week, then last January I started using my recumbent bike 10 minutes a day, it was brutal! I like that I can blast music, read, and get in a good workout. I used to save my reading time for the bike and would end up on there for 1-3 hours depending on how good the book was! Today I worked up to 5 minutes, gotta start somewhere! It'll get better, trust me!

@raleighgirl09 You're on a roll, amazing workouts and eating! A little sodium won't hurt, just don't weigh tomorrow or do so knowing it'll likely be up because of dinner. You got this!

@AustinRuadhain Why am I not surprised it's you saying something I say to myself all the time, lather, rinse, and repeat! My days are like Groundhog Day, I just keep trying to plug away and hang in there doing similar things hoping each day will be a little better.

@trooworld what is the name of that bike seat cushion? I'm currently using one with the tailbone cut out. My only injury last year was I ignored my tailbone pain and rubbed it so raw I couldn't sit for three days! I was a member of this group then too, I remember @AustinRuadhain posted a link about how that's a common injury. It was so bad I have a scar on my tailbone now! Not surprisingly from sitting with my legs crossed I have a huge scab on my ankle and I've gone through 5 different pillows the last few months, I'm currently sitting on a piece of foam mattress and folded towel on a kitchen chair and it still hasn't healed! Things we do to stay in shape.

Great losses everyone!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories- under (yes!)
    Water- great, between 100-150 oz, drinking herbal tea right now
    Exercise- Rocky 1 mile (first time doing a walking video in months and I didn't grab hand weights either!), hip hop seated, arm cardio/boxing, kickboxing seated, arm weights, yoga, foam rolling, earth energy healing, booty band Sidney Cummings (the last kicked my butt literally!). Um, a little dancing, my legs are tight but still not as bad as usual so it's ok. And 5 minutes on bike, super hard but I did it!

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- done
    Yoga- done
    Recipe- it wasn't complicated but made honey Dijon salmon
    Steps- OK, just so I can say 15,000 I'm going to take two steps right now, don't want to feel guilty for lying! 15,006!

Well, I was a little flared last night and yet again medical marijuana kicked my butt, I really don't get it, I think I might be allergic to it or something. If it wasn't so painful it would be absolutely fascinating which is why I've tried it more than once, it helps half the time and makes my pain insane half the time. Thank goodness it wore off after 3 hours, I was under the covers hugging my legs trying not to scream. I yelled at the woman at the dispensary after the first time this happened and they're fascinated too and she felt awful, there's actually research articles of this happening to people from too much THC but I'm super careful and don't even do 1 full puff, I don't know how the heck people can smoke normal with it. Anyhow, I'm never touching two out of three strains, at this point I've been in "call an ambulance" pain 4/9 tries and I've dealt with nerve pain for 30 years and never called an ambulance. I'm hurting tonight but I don't have the energy to deal with that crap right now! My insurance doesn't want to cover my nerve pain medication, it would be nice if I could find a natural way to stay off of it and I want this to help, just am a little terrified to smoke it again!

I really overdid the workouts today, I'm grateful my legs didn't give out and overall I'm still better than a few days ago (way better than last night after vaping!), just need to pick and choose what's worth pushing and what isn't. A medical condition the last doctor I saw believes I have has "use it or lose it" as a motto. I joined a Facebook group about it and get where they're coming from, I've asked to have nerves removed from my legs even though it would cause permanent issues and I would've been in a wheelchair so while it shouldn't, hearing people getting legs amputated really threw me. That's NOT happening to me, my legs might hurt like hell but they still work enough to keep.

I posted this ages ago but thought I'd share it since there's a lot of new people, I really like Rocky, she's fun. My vitamins are giving me crazy energy, I already do so much cardio to burn out my nervous energy, my body can't handle more working out! I may look into relaxing supplements like Ashwaganda to counter all this. https://youtu.be/v0v_9hnrk4k
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Tuesday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Exercise: weights yard work
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: more weights and walking over10000 steps water over 96 oz
    sorry I have not checked in for a while i have been camping
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @MommaGemz I hear you! The right seat can make all the difference. This is the seat I bought and I'm really happy with it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B646ZZY/

@GretchenReine That's wonderful! Cheers to you and progress!

@TeresaW1020 Yes, but ironically, we haven't needed it since we've been able to use it lol! The grits and blackened tofu was really good. re: the chairs...I bought a cheaper chair off Amazon a few years ago and it lasted for a while but it hurt to sit on. I eventually went to a Big Box Store and got a gaming chair. It was expensive, but I can sit in it all day long and it won't hurt to sit in. I feel your pain!

@Katmary71 I got it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B646ZZY/ I have a tailbone problem (at work, I have to sit on a donut all day) and so this seat helps a lot! I hope it helps you, too. It's worth a shot, you can always return it if it doesn't work out. The medical marijuana, do you always do it in the same form or have you tried it in different forms e.g. edibles vs smoking? I'm wondering if you would have a different experience if you tried edibles (assuming you haven't). I'm asking because I know someone that does this and says the two are different experiences.

Hello everyone! I wanted to tell those of you that are furloughed or unemployed that Headspace is giving out 1-year memberships to Headspace Plus to the unemployed/furloughed. Here is the link: https://www.headspace.com/unemployed I signed up and poked around in the app and I think it's worth doing, there are a lot of different types of meditations and sleep-inducing things. I had a rough day yesterday: I was like Miss Pacman, eating my way throughout the afternoon. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I tried to stop it by eating watermelon but that didn't help, and I ended up eating a bunch of salty snacks. Later in the evening, my husband asked me how much water I drank and I realized that I hadn't drunk any water all day! So, I will be very conscious of drinking enough liquids today.

Tuesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under!
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @Katmary71 Ashwaganda does work, but I found I could really only take it in the evening because it essentially saps all my motivation. I save it for especially stressful days if I don't want to take all the worries and anxieties to bed with me.

@trooworld Thank you for the bike seat and Headspace recommendations!

@digger61 I hope you had a great time camping - that sounds like fun!

@TeresaW1020 Sorry the chairs didn't work out. Sometimes I feel like buying furniture from Amazon is a series crap-shoot. Some things are better than I expected and some.... not :'(

@raleighgirl09 The sodium does nooooott like me, but it's sooo delicious :p

Now that I have given the stationary bike a few good sessions I am SO glad I got it. I love it so much. But I am starting to realize that on the days I do more intentional cardio, I really do need to eat back some of those exercise calories. I am finding that the day after bike rides I am so incredibly tired. Like, I have to take a nap, tired. I decided to link my Fitbit to MFP to get a better idea of how many calories FitBit says I burn each day compared to the food I take in. And then compare it to how I feel the next day. I am a Data Nerd, for sure. :p

ETA: @GretchenReine WOWWW!! Congratulations on such a great accomplishment!!

This discussion has been closed.