MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Our group has been busy, wow!

@2020shih Great plans, I just got my new food scale in, I panicked when mine broke after 18 months of using it for everything! I didn't know what the apricot slices weighed and was really freaked not weighing chicken breasts for a recipe. I may be a little too dependent on it!

@trooworld Post what you make from the Thug Kitchen cookbook, I've only made the one recipe but loved it, it's probably my next cookbook though I love Skinnytaste's too, I don't want to return those to the library!

@katyjcrafts Big drop, way to go!

@DesertColibri Congratulations on achieving such a big milestone!

@raleighgirl09 Sleep eating must be so frustrating, I have no clue what is recommended for it so I can't advise you, maybe eating something filling before bed or visualization/self-hypnosis to calm your self-conscious? That would drive me nuts, it's hard enough being on track when awake! I hope this stops happening.

@AustinRuadhain How is that home office going? You've been working on that for awhile, I bet it looks great!

@GretchenReine It sounds like your son is great at encouraging you. I didn't add anything like self love until the end of losing weight, I think it will help a lot at accepting yourself as you are, more weight or not. Diet soda's been weird for me, I grew up on it and can't stand sugary soda. If I buy it I drink it like crazy, it doesn't make me crave food but more soda. I usually just get one on grocery shopping day as a treat for not getting junk but the guy I'm seeing drinks it too so I drink it more when he's here but still drink a ton of water. Congratulations on breaking the habit!

@cherrymajoni Wow, incredible drop in weight!

I'm sorry to those of you I missed, I can't sit normal at the keyboard and have my feet up on my desk so it's hard to make out names. I love meeting all of the new gang!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda, (((hugs))) was this a rough week for you? Can you pinpoint what you need to do to turn it around? Or was it worth it? You know sometimes a weight gain is worth it and therefore we shouldn’t feel bad about it. ;)

@cherrymajoni, WOW!! What a great week you had!! Please give us your best tips for what went so well for you? :)

@GretchenReine, you so right that we have an awesome group with very supportive members. Way to go at being successful with your goals. Giving up Diet Coke and sweets is so hard! I don’t think you have too many no’s on your list but I do agree that it’s a good idea to not just have a no but replace it with something positive. Adding self-love is perfect and it’s also wonderful that you have such a loving and supportive son! :)

@raleighgirl09, my ex-husband would sleep eat and it always freaked us out. He usually did when under a lot of stress. Are you under a lot of stress or taking any new medications? Did you at least clean up after yourself? Sorry, couldn’t resist!! :p

@trooworld, Mmmm coconut and chipotle are like two of my favorite flavors! Never thought to put them together in mayo. :grin: That is sooooo great that you don’t have to leave your home!! It is no bueno living in a hotel with a husband and a dog. I know!! ;)

@DesertColibri, yayyyy on making to the 160’s!!! Keep your eye on the prize! B)

@katyjcrafts, Wow what a great weigh in your had this week!! Can you share with us what you did that went so right for you? :)

Hi everyone! Well, I had a fairly uneventful day. Did a good workout this morning and a little housework. Hubby had to return something to Kohls and came home with the cutest pale pink blouse for me. It was a 1X and I was like, “I don’t know if that will fit” and he was like, “I think it will.” And it did!! Perfectly in fact. I will wear it to church this week. Also, since it’s wine Friday (or at least it is in my house ;) ) I am having red wine spritzers so that I can drink my wine but not have as many calories. I call it a win-win wine night! :D
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Friday check-in
    Exercise- seated cardio/boxing, arm weights, yoga, foam rolling
    Calories- hopefully under, I'm trying to stop binging at night when I'm in a lot of pain and using medical marijuana makes it worse!
    Water- rockin it!

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- done
    Yoga- done
    Recipe- made the Giant Parmesan Turkey Meatball again, that thing is a huge hit, everyone is telling me I'm an awesome cook, I love it! I just swap out the parsley in the meatball with basil then put both on top. I think I posted the recipe before, if not here it is: https://www.skinnytaste.com/giant-turkey-meatball-parmesan/
    Steps- I'm at 8,000 but my goal is over 10,000 which is technically my arm cardio.

Quick intro for those of you that don't know me: I'm Kathy, I'm 48 and live in the Sacramento area. I've been disabled from back problems/pelvic nerve damage from the waist down for 25-30 years and was bedridden for most of that. A few years ago I went off all the pain meds I was on through pain clinics, was diagnosed with depression, and started to ease back into moving around again. Last year I lost the last of 100lbs, started working out, and went back to college. I really worked out like a beast last year but this year I ran into problems with my nerve damage again and currently can barely walk or stand. It's not going to keep me down for too long, I have ideas on things to try just need to give it time to see what I respond to. I'm currently deficient in a bunch of vitamins and have had symptoms of being so for a few years, so far my knees aren't as locked up so bending my legs is a little easier and my brain is starting to work again. Next up is nerve pain medication. To make life even more complicated I started seeing a high school friend I hadn't talked to since I was 17 during COVID to make me even more emotional! Seriously, so far that's going well, it's just a confusing time to start seeing someone but luckily I'm really comfortable around him and he gives great compliments that don't make me feel as much as a loser as I've been feeling like with all this emotional eating and gaining weight. I'm close with my family, have two amazing nephews that I love to pieces. I've been in this group for over a year now, I didn't think it was that long but came across a picture of the rutabaga/apple/onion bake @AustinRuadhain gave me the link to on my phone the other day, that was really good!
  • 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Username - 2020shih
    Day - saturday
    SW - 150
    PW - 150
    CW - 150
    LTD - 0
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    July Week 1 - Friday
    PW: 203
    CW: 203
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in

Hi Slims! Happy 4th of July to all of my US brothers and sisters! And Merry Saturday to my pals in other countries....cause I want everyone to enjoy Saturday!! <3

Having logged the food I had after dinner last night (about 11:30 after returning from a yard gathering, so really - way past dinner) I checked back. It's the third day I have just randomly had snacks at night. I'm glad to recognize the pattern, just not very happy to see it present itself. I may have been trying to eat too few calories and backlashing...? I don't know for sure but this is also after having weighed the lowest in many years and that, too, is also part of a pattern. The 'do well and then take steps to kinda eff that up' pattern. Throw in a holiday weekend at the coast when we'll see folks - and tonight is a bbq so that can be tricky to navigate - and it isn't hard to predict how this could go. Could. Does not *have* to go that way. So - that's me and my thought work for the day/week and working to not just randomly eat, all the while also trying to not feel like I have to resist with all my might. Because that is not sustainable and eventually I 'give in' to whatever I was resisting.....I need to find another way, another approach. This is not an instance for which more willpower is needed - it's a time to figure out why I need willpower and work on that.

@AustinRuadhain I agree completely - we get better by being happy. So much wrapped up in that statement! The power that negativity can have over the trajectory of our goals and plans is huge - and can be debilitating in ways we don't even see at the time. I often imagine you doing your celebrations - smiling for yourself and being thrilled with the tiny habit accomplished.... B)
    @GretchenReine what a gift to have a son who is aware of what people working to better themselves physically are going through!! And what fun to be able to talk to our kids as people...I love this with my adult kids. => And when you assess your goals and results, you can tweak as needed or keep doing what you're doing because it worked - I love it that you already did this by considering your son's advice and recognizing that you put a lot of thought into the goals and you want to give those a chance. It's not all or nothing and not a never-changing proposition. Understanding the freedom of working goals and actions in that way makes it much easier because then the process is fluid and flexible. Self-love: finding ways to appreciate and love who you are right now will make the journey easier.
    @cherrymajoni great day - way to go on the 5k work!!
    @Cornanda hang in there, keep at it... <3
    @2020shih and @digger61 way to maintain!!
    @TeresaW1020 I love that hubby came home with a blouse - how immensley sweet is that!!!! => So many times, we don't see progress the way others do, very awesome feeling to be so pleasantly surprised!
    @katmary71 I am going to one day do that meatball, the recipe looks so amazing!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @DesertColibri Oh, I'll have to check out their Instagram, thanks! I made the black bean torta with coconut chipotle mayo last night for dinner but we made it into burritos instead of tortas. It was super good and easy to make.

@raleighgirl09 Wow, sleep eating! That's bananas! How's your hurty back and hip today? I'm thrilled we don't have to move out, too! So for the salmon patties, you would take maybe a pound of the salmon? How much baked potato flesh? Yummers!

@AustinRuadhain It's not easy, I can say that right now. You know that though. But the alternative is to leave the house unattended and the thought of sketchy people walking by and possibly noticing it unattended makes me nervous.

@Katmary71 I made the black bean torta with coconut chipotle mayo. We ended up putting it in a tortilla as a burrito because I did grocery pickup and the sandwich rolls I ordered for pickup were tiny and it would have been messy. The burritos were really tasty! We added cheese, lettuce, tomato, and avocado. There are actually a lot of good-looking recipes in the cookbook that I can't wait to make. On Sunday, I'm making the Sweet Potato, Squash, and Black Bean Enchiladas from the same cookbook. I might add cheese, I don't know. Maybe I'll give the recipe a shot as-written. I've heard good things about Skinnytaste cookbooks, too!

@TeresaW1020 Yeah I'm surprised it came out so good. I'm very happy we didn't have to go to the hotel. The dog wouldn't have liked it! Congrats on the 1X! I love wine spritzers, I drink them frequently as my relaxer lol.

Hello everyone! Happy 4th of July! Since today is my weigh-in day, I usually kind of have a high-point/calorie day on my weigh-in day and today is no exception. For breakfast/brunch/lunch, we are having filet mignon eggs benedict with hashbrowns. Dinner, we are doing it vegetarian-style: Texas BBQ-Style Seitan + Baked Beans + Instant Pot Quick Potato Salad. As for what I'm up to today, just housework and reading. It's too hot to do anything else!

Friday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 229.4
    Todays Weight: 228.8
    Loss To Date: 19.2
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    nzx6i1xlqvho.jpg

Looking to fill in some holes on the spreadsheet and wrap up week one:

@apple852hk
    @deadpheonixrising
    @gwamajtw91
    @jalalrcr
    @lexabeep
    @mrmcgrath
    @veryhotmails
    @doutri2

Thanks!

• veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    PW 230.2
    CW 229.3
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @MommaGemz, happy anniversary!! I like that you are still celebrating and having a good time! :)

@veryhotmails, great weigh-in this week! Keep it up! B)

@trooworld, wahhoooo look at that awesome weigh-in!! With the week you had you better be feeling very proud of yourself. Mmm your day of eating sounds wonderful!! :)

@raleighgirl09, I think if you are finding yourself consistently having a snack at night maybe your calories are too low. I know when I did night time snacking it was because I had gotten into the habit. Holiday weekends are hard, so have fun and remember Monday is coming and we can just begin again. ;)

Hey everyone!! Happy 4th of July to my U.S. friends. Not much going on here today. I deep cleaned my bathroom and bedroom so at least I accomplished something. I also did a workout this morning and fasted for almost 19 hours. For dinner, we are having grilled hotdogs that will be turned into chili dogs and chips. I bought some ice cream for a treat and I might finish off the bottle of red later on that we opened last night. Our neighbor plans to shoot off about $1000 worth of fireworks tonight so we will be in the house, TV turned up with a drugged-out little dog and praying it will be over soon. Not a fan of neighborhood fireworks but it is what it is. You all stay safe!! :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,091 Member
    Options
    fxky1ppv0s2p.png

Check out our new space to propose challenges, make suggestions, and develop ideas about how your would like YOUR Fat2Fit community to become even better!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10802654/the-idea-lounge#latest
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91
    PW 166.7
    CW 168.2
    Thursday
    Sorry for the delay @broncobuddee
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Quick intro for those of you that don't know me: I'm Kathy, I'm 48 and live in the Sacramento area. I've been disabled from back problems/pelvic nerve damage from the waist down for 25-30 years and was bedridden for most of that. A few years ago I went off all the pain meds I was on through pain clinics, was diagnosed with depression, and started to ease back into moving around again. Last year I lost the last of 100lbs, started working out, and went back to college. I really worked out like a beast last year but this year I ran into problems with my nerve damage again and currently can barely walk or stand. It's not going to keep me down for too long, I have ideas on things to try just need to give it time to see what I respond to. I'm currently deficient in a bunch of vitamins and have had symptoms of being so for a few years, so far my knees aren't as locked up so bending my legs is a little easier and my brain is starting to work again. Next up is nerve pain medication. To make life even more complicated I started seeing a high school friend I hadn't talked to since I was 17 during COVID to make me even more emotional! Seriously, so far that's going well, it's just a confusing time to start seeing someone but luckily I'm really comfortable around him and he gives great compliments that don't make me feel as much as a loser as I've been feeling like with all this emotional eating and gaining weight. I'm close with my family, have two amazing nephews that I love to pieces. I've been in this group for over a year now, I didn't think it was that long but came across a picture of the rutabaga/apple/onion bake @AustinRuadhain gave me the link to on my phone the other day, that was really good!

@Katmary71 the thing I love about us all doing an intro each month is there are things I am reminded of with my MFP F2F pals because the info is given again and things slipped in because it's new or on the brain at that moment. I think of you often and am so glad that you have a great family, sweet-as-pie nephews and new friends to navigate! Your determination is inspiring to me and keeps me thinking that I can figure out my own ills and woes without weenie-ing out! Because if @katmary71 can figure out how to exercise with some setbacks and modifications, then so can I! <3<3<3
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in

Hiya gang! In the 'win some-lose some' category: I did not eat after hours yesterday buuuuut had a lot more wine than planned at the bbq (plus that type of food) which did net me a rather high calorie day yesterday. My overall calories between weigh in days is going to be much higher than usual so I will be curious to see if I maintain. I feel pretty good about being able to be on plan for the next several days so it may even out - will just have to see. I'm still not weighing daily anymore, kinda a new thing for the last few weeks. Not sure why but I don't feel the urge to and not stressing it. I'm glad to just let it rest, assess the results over time and adjust if needed. Anywhere I can remove some anxiety and makingMariacrazy behavior is going to be good for me. I'm very close to a size 10 now and am experiencing the weird newness of that again but at least this time I remember it from before and it is less extreme. Still - the somewhat obsessive feeling of the bones and circling the wrist with my finger and thumb (uh, because now I can) is happening and I remind myself that it isn't going to suddenly disappear - I don't need to keep checking. I am curious if anyone else who has lost some volume has exhibited similar behavior. I don't express much about it, mostly because I don't always know what to think about it or have a hard time even expressing the feelings, but there really are some body image thoughts and work when a body changes this much. Losing the weight - that's almost the easy part. So even if I can't express it very well, I think it may be important information to share with the group because there really is so much more to losing weight, and keeing it off, than just removing some pounds.

The sleep eating - @TeresaW1020 you could say I cleaned up, I didn't really make a mess. I got out an opened bag of tortilla chips both times and an opened contained of hummus the second time, and I returned items to their place. And, not in keeping with what I read was typical of this (not so typical) behavior is that I seem to have gotten back to a more wakeful state before going back to bed than most folks do when they sleep eat. I also read that for some it have started with food being very restricted during the day and/or being under stress (like your ex) so keeping this in mind as I work on the final pounds would serve me well.

@TeresaW1020 totally deploying the 'new day' philosophy today!! => It's a good reminder that no matter what happens, all is not lost and we can always just pick back up and troop along! Hoping sweet Maggie Mae (is this spelled correctly?) got through the fireworks ok!!
    @MommaGemz I love the pic and thanks so much for sharing it with us!! Even behind the masks, I can see smiles and happiness in the celebration.... <3CONGRATS!!
    @veryhotmails congrats on the weigh in this week, that's fabulous! I hope you're doing well and having a wonderful holiday weekend!
    @trooworld excellent weigh in, so happy for you!! I do the same with planning more indulgent type meals around my weigh day, it helps balance things out, especially if it's something higher in sodium. My hurty back and hip have been behaving, I took 2 walks yesterday and topped at a little more than 12,000 steps; hubby wants me to back it off a lot more and for a couple of weeks but it's hard to predict and has happened with a lot of exercise and not a lot of exercise so I really don't know what the triggers truly are. I'm good with sticking in the 10 or 12,000 range.....maybe not to exceed 15,000 for a while? I don't know, trying to figure it out and not go crazy(er). For the salmon patties - yes, I think about a pound is a good estimate and then I'd dice up about 1/2 of a medium baked potato. The final patties, much like crab cakes, should have very distinguishable fish chunks and small potato chunks and the veggies should be on the finer diced side. I tried to find a recipe like this online and have not yet unearthed one. It was in a friend's cookbook many years ago and I have long since lost what I wrote down, sadly.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,091 Member
    Options
    1z0mjsaqnqyq.png
    Week 2 Challenge - open to anyone for one day or the whole week. Challenge your daily plan and up your accountability!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10802681/week-2-challenge-daily-commitment-and-reflection/p1?new=1
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

4jxxbwl9ggmn.png
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hello. Hope you are having a restful Sunday.

@TeresaW1020 --- I'm not sure if I would say the gain this week was "worth it". but I did know it was coming because I took a mental break. I think and hope that I am ready to start anew. I hope you enjoyed wearing your pink blouse today. Your hub sounds very sweet.

@raleigh_girl- thank you for the encouragement, I appreciate it.

Morning musing: How many wake up calls does one person need? That is my question of the day. My BP has crept up the past couple weeks. I have a doctor appt Wed. I haven't lost the weight I was instructed to lose. I'm in for a well deserved lecture and probably a med increase. I want to get off the meds! On top of that, my sister (who has been diabetic for years and doesn't take care of it well) started on insulin this week. I'm staring diabetes straight in the face right now- it will happen if I don't make changes.

I've been up and down the same 10 pounds since 2016 and I need to lose 40. I put some good things in place, lose a bit. Then, I relax and gain. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of using it as an excuse instead of springboard to get moving in the right direction. I guess I just don't understand why I can't get myself out of this spiral. I will think about that today and try for a more positive post tomorrow.

Thanks for your "ears". <3
This discussion has been closed.