MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @MommaGemz Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you had a good one.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, I'm happy with my weigh-in considering all of the stress I'm under right now. Yes to the day of eating, mostly good! Chili dogs and chips sound delicious and so appropriate for the day! Your poor little dog. I hate neighborhood fireworks BECAUSE I have a dog! People don't think of people with PTSD, pets, etc. when they shoot those off.

@raleighgirl09 Thanks! Yeah I figure it's better to get that kind of stuff out of the way earlier in the week. I'm glad your hip and back have been better. Do listen to your body. Thanks for the info on the salmon cakes. The best recipes are often not written down! :)

Well, hello everyone! I hope you all had a good 4th of July (if you are in the US), otherwise, a good Saturday! I had a pretty boring day, other than the cooking, which was fun.

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under even
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    w0p84bquxewj.jpg
    de3frg9cnf4b.png
    cscw7zdayxja.png
    bz6n00t02mqa.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.64%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.40%
    3rd Waist Aways 0.36%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 28.9 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 20.6 Lbs
    3rd Waist Aways 17.6 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @chassp8pooh 5.45 %
    2nd @19shmoo69 3.59%
    3rd @cherrymajoni 2.83 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @chassp8pooh 10.8 Lbs
    2nd @19shmoo69 9.0 Lbs
    3rd @kelgen02 7.2 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @jennifersusanmcdougall
    @DesertColibri
    @stephipeanut
    @LaurieWrobo
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @CM_73
    @Curvybaja55
    @katyjcrafts
    @KellyBgetsfit

fpcvdj95tyar.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    zl3tclwmnqcb.png

THESE LADIES HIT ONEDERLAND
    @CassieGetsFit2013
    @jedaschultz

MILESTONE CELEBRATIONS

Under 250

@19shmoo69

Under 225

@cherrymajoni

Under 175

@raleighgirl09
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @Curvybaja55
    @boehle

Under 150
    @deniners2
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all and Happy Sunday! I really am so blessed to have such great kids! My son is very supportive of my efforts in every way...even if he wants me to take a second look at things and be sure of what I'm doing. My daughter, she's 11, thinks I'm absolutely perfect just the way I am.

This week has been pretty great for me. I've hit my steps every day. I've got my mile a day. My goals have been great. So far July is going well. One thing I'm super struggling with is staying away from the scale and just trusting the process. I used to weigh-in every day, and it worked for me. I just recently went to the once a week thing and I've done ok with it...however, with me feeling so great and motivated...I want to see if this new thing is working. I guess I'll see on Wednesday!!!

Is the Week 2 Challenge posted yet? Or when will it be posted? Did I miss it???
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!! I really hope that you will all check out the two links below. One is our newest thread idea where we are asking our team members to help with challenge ideas and also for any input you might have to help make F2F an even more awesome community. I think the Slimpossibles are crazy creative and I bet we can rock the Idea Lounge!! B)

jugar wrote: »
    05wwygssk2hl.png

Check out our new space to propose challenges, make suggestions, and develop ideas about how your would like YOUR Fat2Fit community to become even better!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10802654/the-idea-lounge#latest

And....this link is for this week's challenge. I know that for me when I focus on a challenge I end up having a much better week then when I don't. So come over and join me and let's see if our team can shoot straight up to top place for next week's Green Challenge! :)

jugar wrote: »
    1z0mjsaqnqyq.png
    Week 2 Challenge - open to anyone for one day or the whole week. Challenge your daily plan and up your accountability!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10802681/week-2-challenge-daily-commitment-and-reflection/p1?new=1

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Quick intro for those of you that don't know me: I'm Kathy, I'm 48 and live in the Sacramento area. I've been disabled from back problems/pelvic nerve damage from the waist down for 25-30 years and was bedridden for most of that. A few years ago I went off all the pain meds I was on through pain clinics, was diagnosed with depression, and started to ease back into moving around again. Last year I lost the last of 100lbs, started working out, and went back to college. I really worked out like a beast last year but this year I ran into problems with my nerve damage again and currently can barely walk or stand. It's not going to keep me down for too long, I have ideas on things to try just need to give it time to see what I respond to. I'm currently deficient in a bunch of vitamins and have had symptoms of being so for a few years, so far my knees aren't as locked up so bending my legs is a little easier and my brain is starting to work again. Next up is nerve pain medication. To make life even more complicated I started seeing a high school friend I hadn't talked to since I was 17 during COVID to make me even more emotional! Seriously, so far that's going well, it's just a confusing time to start seeing someone but luckily I'm really comfortable around him and he gives great compliments that don't make me feel as much as a loser as I've been feeling like with all this emotional eating and gaining weight. I'm close with my family, have two amazing nephews that I love to pieces. I've been in this group for over a year now, I didn't think it was that long but came across a picture of the rutabaga/apple/onion bake @AustinRuadhain gave me the link to on my phone the other day, that was really good!

@Katmary71 the thing I love about us all doing an intro each month is there are things I am reminded of with my MFP F2F pals because the info is given again and things slipped in because it's new or on the brain at that moment. I think of you often and am so glad that you have a great family, sweet-as-pie nephews and new friends to navigate! Your determination is inspiring to me and keeps me thinking that I can figure out my own ills and woes without weenie-ing out! Because if @katmary71 can figure out how to exercise with some setbacks and modifications, then so can I! <3<3<3

@raleighgirl09 You have no idea how much what you said means to me, I have tears running down my face, thank you.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Calories- under (for real, yay! And I didn't even pop out my night Invisilign tray tonight!)
    Exercise- arm cardio/boxing, Fitness Marshall dance, recumbent bike 2 minutes (woot woot), arm weights, yoga, foam rolling, dance
    Water- great

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Arm weights- done
    Yoga- done
    Recipe- only the pesto I recently made. I may make Moosewood Jerk Tofu tomorrow, debating between that and just using tofu in a scramble, maybe half and half
    Steps- 11,600

I'm slowly easing back into using my recumbent bike, I don't know how the heck I rode it for hours a few months ago and a couple minutes is super hard now! My legs are weak and it's definitely a better workout cardio-wise than what I'm currently doing. I bet my good friend the stair treadmill would kill me right now! I did this a few years ago and just started again, basically my legs aside of all the burning and constriction/spasming feel like cement. My feet literally feel glued to the ground, so I'd started going outside and picturing earth's energy healing and replenishing my body and soul. I know, pretty corny for a cardio fiend but there's something to it! I'm even doing yoga to slow music instead of metal or 80s rap! I got an adrenaline high after working out and danced around the house for half an hour like a goon and I STILL feel a little better tonight than the last few days, yay! AND I stuck to fruit, veggies, legumes, and light dairy. Yay! And I'm under calories too. I'm bordering on chubby from "thick" so I gotta watch it, waking up with my allergies going nuts and a bunch of pimples is showing me how unhappy my body is. Obviously it's unhappy, I'm going through a lot of pain, but I'm not doing anything to help it with how I'm currently responding.

I read everyone's updates, glad you're all doing well! I have my legs on my desk as I need to keep them elevated and the monitor is too far away to read very well so I just want to wish you all an awesome day, keep up the great work!
  • cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LONG POST ALERT!!!

HAPPY MONDAY

Below are my tops tips that have helped me with my weightloss journey.

Am too tired I haven been at work all day.

I live in a flat I can't do home workouts I'll make noise for neighbors below

I just don't have enough time too busy with the baby

Am still breastfeeding

I just had a baby (he was 8months at the point 🤦🏾‍♀️)

I want more kids what's the point loosing weight until am done

It's too late to go now

It's too dark to go now (gym is literally 3mins walk on open high Street from my house)

Am not a morning person can't get up early

I'll start on Monday

I'll start on the 1st

The list is actually endless of all the reasons why I never started or why I started then stopped. This time around I decided my health is my wealth. Started off small 8k steps a day, eat what I like but just measure and log EVERYTHING even takeaways. And straight away my mindset as I was logging the food and seeing the calories go up I was shocked because I didn't think I ate much, so I started making better food choices.

Then through encouragement of other people's journey I have seen online and friends I increase my activity. First was the re-start the coach to 5k then also increased steps to 10k a day.

I give my all into a workout however if I find something challenging I stop for a rest or do the modified version because what I want is to be able to complete the work out instead of just giving up and saying it's too hard.

My biggest success tip is logging all my food. As am African and eat African food most of the food don't have bar codes to scan so I spend time measuring and creating a receipe so I can log the food to see when am eating. It's long winded definitely but the results have worked for me. What I thought 100g of rice actually looks like and what it actually is where two very different things difference between 312 calories and 530 calories.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine It sounds like you are doing great, congrats!

@raleighgirl09 I listen to that podcast, too! She's awesome.

@Katmary71 Dancing around the house like a goon sounds like fun to me! :) And yay for feeling a little better!!!

@cherrymajoni Good tips!

Hello everyone! Yesterday was brutally hot here. I survived by drinking iced coffee, sitting in front of the fan and when the fan didn't cut it, I moved out on the walkway with my camping chair, Kindle, and drink and read. It was actually quite pleasant! I stayed out there for an hour or so listening to the noises of the outdoors and enjoying my book. I may do the same today, as it is supposed to be just as hot today.

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

New day, new week - new opportunities to improve! I have been slipping in water intake so I set up that challenge for myself today on the Week 2 Challenge - Daily Commitment and Reflection page. For some reason, I'm not really a big fan of the challenges, pretty sure this is not a good thing but it's the truth. But I'm going to work on this one and up my game several times this week. First up - water. Been slipping, and funnily enough....have been eating more during the same time period....? A relationship between the two...?
    788e7kso58xn.jpg

Maybe I am replacing the water with food and maybe I'm simply letting more than one good habit get fuzzy edges and slip. Anyway, I am going to be hyper aware of these, this week - water intake and healthful choices within calorie range.

Exercise was good yesterday but I didn't have the fitbit on most of the day so very few steps logged! Wow, can't believe I did that. I did go kayaking and had a nice bike ride and my back and hip behaved, even better news. Water was way under, calories ended up over even though I avoided alcohol. Sleep was good. =>

@trooworld stay cool today - books in the breeze with nature sounds, sounds like heaven! We went kayaing yesterday way up a creek and got into an area that was full of birds - and all of the different bird calls were simply amazing. We drifted around in the current for a while just soaking it up and not making any noise so that we could just enjoy it....heavenly
    @cherrymajoni I *love* your tips, so very helpful - I have told myself many of these things, too, and you are so right - there are a million more where these come from! I love the recipe feature on MFP and also do a lot of recipe creation. All of the fussing with measuring and weighing is really worth it to know exactly what I'm putting in. And I couldn't agree more - being aware of what an actual serving size is, more than just guessing, is an eye opener!!
    @katmary71 yayyayYAY!!!! So happy that you are feeling the vibes we're pouring your way!! <3 So happy for you to be experiencing a great outlook which is surely helping to overall improve the days! I love the mental picture of you going out barefoot and allowing the earth to soak up from the roots into your 'roots' and flow upward! Nothing silly or corny about it - positive actions and feeling good and caring for yourself are needed and appreciated from every angle! And can I hear a big ol' cheer??????? GOONS UNITE!!!!!!!
    @jspanos345 congrats on the loss this week, way to go!! WOOT!
    @GretchenReine I am so tickled for you on meeting goals and feeling great about the month's start! The best part about that energy is how it just feeds into more of the same and can spark a lot of action, way to go! I am also in the weekly weighing versus daily, although I used to do that and it worked well while I was doing it. The key for me (and it sounds like for you, too!) is to do what's working at the moment and not get wrapped up in the dreaded 'shoulds.' I love that we're not 'shoulding' on ourselves over a daily weigh in (or not)!!! B)
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

New day, new week - new opportunities to improve! I have been slipping in water intake so I set up that challenge for myself today on the Week 2 Challenge - Daily Commitment and Reflection page. For some reason, I'm not really a big fan of the challenges, pretty sure this is not a good thing but it's the truth. But I'm going to work on this one and up my game several times this week. First up - water. Been slipping, and funnily enough....have been eating more during the same time period....? A relationship between the two...?
    788e7kso58xn.jpg

Maybe I am replacing the water with food and maybe I'm simply letting more than one good habit get fuzzy edges and slip. Anyway, I am going to be hyper aware of these, this week - water intake and healthful choices within calorie range.

Exercise was good yesterday but I didn't have the fitbit on most of the day so very few steps logged! Wow, can't believe I did that. I did go kayaking and had a nice bike ride and my back and hip behaved, even better news. Water was way under, calories ended up over even though I avoided alcohol. Sleep was good. =>

@trooworld stay cool today - books in the breeze with nature sounds, sounds like heaven! We went kayaing yesterday way up a creek and got into an area that was full of birds - and all of the different bird calls were simply amazing. We drifted around in the current for a while just soaking it up and not making any noise so that we could just enjoy it....heavenly
    @cherrymajoni I *love* your tips, so very helpful - I have told myself many of these things, too, and you are so right - there are a million more where these come from! I love the recipe feature on MFP and also do a lot of recipe creation. All of the fussing with measuring and weighing is really worth it to know exactly what I'm putting in. And I couldn't agree more - being aware of what an actual serving size is, more than just guessing, is an eye opener!!
    @katmary71 yayyayYAY!!!! So happy that you are feeling the vibes we're pouring your way!! <3 So happy for you to be experiencing a great outlook which is surely helping to overall improve the days! I love the mental picture of you going out barefoot and allowing the earth to soak up from the roots into your 'roots' and flow upward! Nothing silly or corny about it - positive actions and feeling good and caring for yourself are needed and appreciated from every angle! And can I hear a big ol' cheer??????? GOONS UNITE!!!!!!!
    @jspanos345 congrats on the loss this week, way to go!! WOOT!
    @GretchenReine I am so tickled for you on meeting goals and feeling great about the month's start! The best part about that energy is how it just feeds into more of the same and can spark a lot of action, way to go! I am also in the weekly weighing versus daily, although I used to do that and it worked well while I was doing it. The key for me (and it sounds like for you, too!) is to do what's working at the moment and not get wrapped up in the dreaded 'shoulds.' I love that we're not 'shoulding' on ourselves over a daily weigh in (or not)!!! B)

I think it's perfectly natural to want to put something in our mouths. I know that sounds wrong. I knew it when I typed it. I didn't know how else to put it. I use my FitBit app to track my water...because otherwise I won't drink it. Of course, I cut out sodas (and I don't drink alcohol) so my water consumption has increased drastically the past few days.

It's nice to have someone who knows what it's like to switch up what we're doing. I weighed in daily for years...literally. I just went to weekly weigh-ins with a friend of mine on the 1st of this year. Maybe that's what's wrong with 2020. Maybe if I go back to daily weigh-ins...the universe will go back to normal??? Hmmmmm. Anyways...it's been quite an adjustment but I think I'm used to it most days.

Good luck with your water!!!!!! :smiley:
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    0jm1i513jq1e.png

Good morning Slimpossibles!! <3 I just read through all your post over the last couple of days and I'm blown away by how supportive and encouraging you are to each other! I love how you post your struggles without fear of judgment and how you are so willing to post your tips and share what has worked for you. We are each on our own journey towards good health and it's hard and can be so frustrating at times. But WOW how much better off are we to be in this group doing it together! Because of you all, I feel very motivated to meet my goals for today. I hope you feel the same! :)
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Wow! So much to catch up on - I feel like I've been away for a week, but it's only been 2 days :o

@gwamajtw91 Wishing you a good week!

@Katmary71 Wow, it sounds like this year has initiated alot of change on top of the challenges you are already experiencing. I'm also getting used to a stationary bike again after many years of not using one. Wow, I'm sore in lots of places I forgot about :D But it feels better to get in some actual cardio rather just relying on walking all the time.

@Cornanda Yes, yes, yes! I feel like I have had the same wake-up call over and over as well. I give it a really good shot for 8-12 weeks and then something derails it, or I get complacent, over and over and over. I am hoping this will be the FINAL successful try and I can keep up a lifestyle on maintenance in the future. I hope....

@GretchenReine Congrats on the great week! LOL, I am so attached to my scale - we have a very codependent relationship :D

@trooworld That sounds like a wonderfully relaxing (if hot) weekend!

@cherrymajoni Very wise words and very inspiring. Sometimes I feel like it's all or nothing, but I have to remember that the small steps are successes and the small steps lead to big change!

@raleighgirl09 I'm working on my water intake as well. It's sooo hard since I'm not really a water drinker (I drink coffee and decaf coffee pretty much non-stop all day). I've been successful so far but it tales some effort for sure!

@Jactop Congrats on that loss!!!!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you for the Monday Inspiration!

Monday Check-in:

This week is already feeling better than the week before. I was able to recuperate and rest some this weekend. I feel like I'm still recovering from my Saturday anniversary celebration, but I realize it will just take a few days for my body to detox and settle back into losing again. My stationary bike arrived on Friday night and I LOVE it! I tried it out this weekend and it felt great to sweat but still be in an air-conditioned house :wink: I hope to add the bike to my exercise routine every Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat. Here's to a more positive week and starting new goals and challenges!

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 - Thank you for your post to me. I am sitting here with good tears running down my face- it meant a lot to me. Really. A lot. Thank you. <3
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    @raleighgirl09 - Thank you for your post to me. <3

@Cornanda you can do this - and you can successfully repeat it tomorrow. When you stumble, you can just go back to the plan and be kind to yourself in the process. But me saying it is not half as important as you saying it - to you - over and over again. Even if you don't believe it at first. Make this the story you tell yourself.
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda @raleighgirl09 I have just read your posts and thought for sure you were talking about me!!
    I had lost 10 pounds between Jan 1 and the end of April, now 2 months later I have gained 4 of them back. :(
    Complacency? Boredom? Poor choices?
    All of the above.
    I was late posting my numbers because I had almost decided not to bother anymore. But I re-assessed last night and thought that was the worst thing I could do.
    I don't have a great deal to lose as I am 5'10" and I am realistic enough not to aim for the weight I was in my 20s (I am 53 & peri-menopausal), but rather just enough to fit into all the clothes in my closet.
    So, starting today, I am tracking my intake on MFP again and we will see what the scale says on Thursday morning.
    Thanks for posting - I needed to read your words of wisdom <3
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @MommaGemz, that is great that you received your stationary bike and that you enjoy it. I’m all about working out in air-conditioning. In my workout room, I have a ceiling fan and two-floor fans and that is on top of the air conditioning. I don’t mind sweating, but I want it to dry ASAP!! :D

@Cornanda, I am so glad that raleighgirl09 reached out to you and that her post spoke to you. She spoke to me too. We really do have to be kinder to ourselves and believe in what we can achieve. Right! <3

@gwamajtw91, glad to read that you have re-assessed and will be sticking around. From my experience, you will always be a step ahead of those that give up and stop trying. We don’t give up!! B)

Hey everyone! Today was a pretty chill day. It was gloomy here from the rain, so I just did a long workout and did laundry and some housework. I spent most of the afternoon listening to a few intermittent fasting podcasts while I fasted for 22 hours before breaking my fast with the leftover chicken curry salad, I had last night. For dinner hubby, grilled burgers and I had made a cold pasta salad to go with it. I still feel like I ate too much. I really need to be more mindful of listening to my body and stopping the moment I start to feel full, even if that means leaving food on my plate. It’s just that food tastes so very good!! :grin:
This discussion has been closed.