MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    @MommaGemz Thanks! Week 1 is always the best, right? I expect Week 2 to be more realistic. LOL

I'm glad you're loving the new bike! I've never been much of a bike person. My behind just isn't made for it. LOL I am definitely a slave to the treadmill. I have a love/hate relationship with the stairmaster as well! ;)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @MommaGemz, you are right that buying furniture off of Amazon doesn’t always work out. See my post below. ;) That is great that you are loving your new bike! Finding something that works for you is the best way to make sure you keep up with your workouts. I’m a data nerd too.

@GretchenReine, Wow!! What a fantastic weigh-in you had this week! You just keep up the great work. B)

@trooworld, That is super nice of Headspace! I remember looking at it when they first partnered up with WW. I’m not very good at meditating because I have zero ability to shut my mind down. :grin: So sorry that you had a rough day yesterday. Was today better? Did you drink your water! <3

@digger61, you are doing great on your goals! Camping is a very good excuse for not checking in. Glad you are having fun. :)

@Katmary71, Ohhh dear, so sorry that the medical marijuana had such a terrible reaction for you. <3 Does it come in a lighter dose? I don’t know anything about medical THC. I do come from a time when pot was a major player in my weekend fun. But those days are long gone. :p

Hey everyone! Well, the new office chairs are in my car and will be going to my church office tomorrow. After sitting in the chair for an hour the back of my legs started really hurting and DH admitted that he hated the chair too. We will hang on to our old chairs, which really aren’t in that bad of shape, and get something new later. We will for sure only buy something we have sat in first. ;) I had a good workout this morning and then mopped my hardwoods. I fasted for 20 hours, which made me happy. I’ve decided to start eating dinner earlier than I have been. Instead of eating at 5:30, we will now eat between 3 and 4 pm. Mom likes this idea and DH can always get a snack in the evening. That way my eating window will be closed by 4 pm and I won’t open it again until 1 or 2 the next day. Of course, I will be flexible with that. I mean there will be nights when wine will happen. :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    wylayn2ghz0k.jpg

:star:Congratulations to all our Slimpossibles Step Challengers! :star:

Tuesday is the day when we finalize our Slimpossibles Step Challenge for the previous week. (I meant to get this posted this morning!) Mondays are a grace period each week, so that anyone who has not synced up with whatever app they use to track steps, has time to do so, to get credit for all their steps on Sunday.

🔥 Our highest steppers for last week 🔥
    1 - @Katmary71 with 94,158 steps
    2 - @Cornanda with 85,707 steps
    3 - @Jactop with 80,012 steps
    4 - @MommaGemz with 76,797 steps
    5 - @gwamajtw91 with 76,334 steps
    6 - @bethanie0825 with 70,651 steps

We have a big team this month -- 18 total!

😲Together we logged over a million steps last week! That's about 480 miles / 773 kilometers ! Go, SlimSteppers, go!

CHECK IN ON OUR LEAGUE STANDINGS at any time here: https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5eba81b1272b550001ef4f79

JOIN THE STEP CHALLENGE AT ANY TIME! Would a step challenge would be fun and/or help you stay in motion? If so, join us!
    1. Set up an account on FitRockr.com
    2. Then click this link to join the challenge: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    3. Ping me if you have any problems getting set up. People occasionally hit a road bump getting syncing to go smoothly, but so far everyone seems to have worked it out (FitRockr is free and has a surprisingly helpful support team).

SYNCING STEP DATA You need to sync your tracker with its native app first (e.g. Misfit, Fitbit, Google Fit, Garmin, etc). Fitrockr SHOULD then automatically fetch your data from the tracker's app after a few minutes. If that's not working, we should reach out to them, as their support has been helpful in the past.

Happy and healthy stepping and moving to everyone!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @trooworld awesome, I saved the seat to all my wishlists! I must have the boniest tailbone, the chairs at church are awful and going in classical is absolute torture on pews! I've always had a bony tailbone but it's really bad now. I tried edible CBD a few years ago, it helped me sleep but didn't touch my pain, nor did straight CBD oil. I renewed my license and bought two jars of bud (I garden, I called them flowers and got laughed at) then a vape pen. I accidentally vaped, it's scary how stupid I am sometimes. Anyhow, it doesn't come lighter, I'm apparently a serious lightweight which is great money-wise. I tried it in high school and thought it was dumb to take something that made you tired, this definitely is stronger stuff!

@GretchenReine Wow, awesome weigh-in!

@MommaGemz Hm, I'm guessing it works throughout the day too even though you take it at night. I take my magnesium and an anti-depressant at night so those make me pretty tired. I'm going to try taking all my vitamins in the mornings instead and see how it goes, I already have a lot of nervous energy and it's getting worse, I barely slept last night. All this resting is really tough right now.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 don't you love when you get a good workout doing something like cleaning the house, there's lots to show for all the hard work! The marijuana doesn't come in lighter strengths. My whole plan was to try a couple, find one that helps, then buy my own plants and grow it in my herb garden. Obviously my plan has been complicated! I'm not going to try it again unless I'm in horrible pain or the guy I'm hanging out with is here. Of course drinking helped the three times I tried it but my liver enzymes are up so that's out. Plus marijuana is no calories, it just hurts when it backfires! I'm being told I'm a serious lightweight though. I've tried recreational a few times recently, it didn't make my pain worse but one time I was panicky so I may just be a total weirdo with it for some reason.

@AustinRuadhain I thought I wasn't synced, at least I wasn't today. I completely spaced going on the site with my laptop to try again. I know i always say it but for those who don't know I'm not taking many actual steps, it's arm cardio. I can't rock on the loveseat anymore with my legs all messed up so I'm not getting rocking steps at least! The arm cardio I'm at least working out.

Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- arm cardio, yoga, ab exercises I could do with legs in the air, earth meditation, foam rolling
    Water- awesome despite parents bringing over diet soda!

OK CA peeps! We can use our reusable bags again, yay! I'm currently paying for going to the grocery store (bigger store) in a few weeks and couldn't finish my cardio but it's ok, overall I still can walk better than I was able to a few weeks ago, I'm just really uncomfortable and trying not to let my body signals up my anxiety. It's a really good thing I don't have peanut butter in the house though, I want air fryer peanut butter tortillas with honey and cinnamon so bad but I'm down 2lbs and am determined to keep it up. No popcorn or cheese either, and I already scarfed down a few cucumbers and half a jar of salsa and don't want more of those. After being disgusted by the BBQ jackfruit I tried my gamble on mystery foods was restored when I bought tofu and saw there was banana dessert tofu! It's so-so but if you add balsamic vinegar and Penzey cinnamon it's pretty freaking awesome! And there's recipes for tofu pudding, I need to get cocoa powder and try some of these out.

I was thinking of things I'm grateful for since COVID/pain issues today. One is while I really miss the gym and it was annoying at first, I get to work out with my cats and watch them go nuts watching birds and the feral cats I feed through the screen door in the mornings while I do my arm cardio and pet them while doing yoga. I haven't been able to spend as much time with my nephews but the time we've spent together has been priceless. The younger one and I have had some good times gardening and making food. The older one is more reserved with feelings and has started cheering when I come over. When I hugged him goodbye the other day and said I'd see him soon he told me he hoped it was real soon, pretty stinkin sweet, my auntie heart exploded! I've made new friends I talk to daily and my MFP have been amazingly supportive, this includes all of you. I think especially with COVID I wouldn't have been able to stay out of a depression without all of you. I've also decided I'm not wasting time on things that aren't worth it, I'm not eating food I hate to make people feel good anymore especially when I've said since I was a child I hate fatty meat and not pretending things make me happy if they don't. I'm obviously being more direct! Ha, and a big thanks to COVID restrictions, I'm absolutely terrified of public speaking and when registering for next semester which will be online I think if I still want to double my certificate I can take oral communications over the internet, would that be an amazing loophole or what?! So I still really need to work on my temper (especially road rage) as it's worse with pain and then getting this body back into shape. Any positives the rest of you can think of?

• GretchenReine
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! I'm hoping that this start will really keep me motivated!

@KatMary71 Thank you so much!

Good morning everyone and Happy Thursday! I'm exhausted this morning! I missed my workout yesterday and that's ok. I was so hungry when I got home from work that if I didn't eat I was going to pass out. Then I was just beyond tired. I went to bed early. I hit the rest of my daily goals. I guess I keep telling myself that it's progress, not perfection. I went into July hoping to hit every goal every day. I've realized that I'm human and that that's not going to happen. As long as I keep going and do my best and don't give up...that's what matters. This is my first month having really solid goals so...I'm going to see how the month goes. Believe it or not...I'm already putting thought into my August goals! LOL

I'm so thankful that the gyms are opened back up here and that my son convinced me to join the one he works at. I've got all of my apps loaded and synced. I really want this to be the last time I have over 100 pounds to lose. It's getting kind of old!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 2 weigh in Thursday (09Jul2020)
    Previous weight:174.1
    Current weight: 176.4
    LTD MFP #2 58.6 lbs
    LTD overall 123.6 lbs - interesting how I had to change these numbers as well, not sure I like that but it just is

Yes - that blows chunks! I don't feel like I've done anything to have gained over 2 pounds so I'm thinking water...? I don't know, I was a bit bummed about it when I first weighed (not gonna lie, had to do it a few times to believe it) but I've walked, had a shower, getting ready to go into the office for a second day this week.

So anyway, a couple hours of living with this news has made me a bit 'meh' over it. Next week will be better, even if it isn't back to the 174.1, it should at least be under the 176.4.

Apologies for yet another quickie and not engaging, I am hoping that I can sit quietly and savor all of you guys and your goings on this evening!! =>

Have a good 'un!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine Congrats on a fabulous weigh-in! <3 You sound very focused and determined. That's great you are already looking to August! Have a great day!

@MommaGemz You are welcome! That makes sense to eat more on the days that you do intense workouts.

@TeresaW1020 I know, right? I'm really liking it so far. I've listened to a couple of things at bedtime and it's been helpful. Yesterday was better. I drank enough water, I had to THINK about it but I made it happen! Your new eating plan sounds like a good plan for you. And wine will happen!!! :)

@Katmary71 I hope the seat helps relieve some of your pain. It's good you experienced the different forms, yeah I wouldn't vape either that's scary. That's good to know we can use our reusable bags again, I have so many and was so frustrated getting all of these new bags to deal with. Air fryer peanut butter tortillas with honey and cinnamon sound like my new BFF! lol I'd better not try them. ;) Those are great positives to COVID. It's good to look at the positive side of things, it really helps get through it. I, too, have some positive things that have come out of COVID: if it weren't for COVID, I wouldn't have been home when the leak in the condo above happened and the damage would have been substantially worse, potentially all throughout the condo, because I would have been at work when it happened. If it weren't for COVID, I wouldn't have started doing artwork again. I also re-joined a book club, re-connected with an old friend, cleaned out the spare room which was a black hole, and most relevant to this board: if it weren't for COVID, I wouldn't have met all of you because more than likely, if I were working full-time, I wouldn't have as much time to be on the boards here at MFP chatting it up with you all and I wouldn't have joined the team.

Hello everyone! Yesterday, I decided it was time to hang a tapestry that had been sitting on the floor since last May waiting on my husband to hang it. I realized that if I waited for him to hang it, we'd be retired before it was hung so I decided to take matters into my own hands. It was not easy to hang myself: I had to put up a curtain rod above my height standing on my jiggly mattress (it's hung over our bed) but I did it! It took me an hour to do. It's a little crooked but it looks nice anyway. It probably looks nicer than if he did it lol. I also drank enough water yesterday and went for a walk. Overall, it was a good day.

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    wylayn2ghz0k.jpg
    SYNCING STEP DATA You need to sync your tracker with its native app first (e.g. Misfit, Fitbit, Google Fit, Garmin, etc). Fitrockr SHOULD then automatically fetch your data from the tracker's app after a few minutes. If that's not working, we should reach out to them, as their support has been helpful in the past.

Just an FYI that Fitrockr does not appear to be syncing. I sync my FitBit multiple times a day because it's linked with MFP, but Fitrockr shows a Last Sync date of July 6th for most of the team....

• GretchenReine
    Options
    @trooworld Thank you! I need my children to see a healthy and responsible mom who takes care of herself. That's the best way to get them to take care of themselves. It sounds like you had a great day yesterday! I'm proud of you for taking matters into your own hands. Waiting on him any longer probably wouldn't have made any sense. Did he say anything about you doing it?

@MommaGemz Nice job! Keep it up!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited July 2020
    Options
    MommaGemz wrote: »
    wylayn2ghz0k.jpg

Just an FYI that Fitrockr does not appear to be syncing. I sync my FitBit multiple times a day because it's linked with MFP, but Fitrockr shows a Last Sync date of July 6th for most of the team....

I sent a note to support@fitrockr.com to let them know. It looks like a glitch with the data coming from FitBit, as everyone with a suspiciously low step count is a Fitbit user (currently 6 through 18 on our team rankings). 
    Bethanie P and Michelle M are FitBit users, but their step counts are not so obviously problematic (maybe they just had a larger number of steps in when the issue occurred?).

Their support has been amazingly helpful for a free app (appears to be just a labor of love). Based on past experience, they will sort this out pretty quickly. They are based in Europe, and may not look at this until tomorrow?
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

@AustinRuadhain

I just logged in via my PC and synced and went from #16 to #1 :D:D:D
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 2 weigh in Thursday (09Jul2020)
    Previous weight:174.1
    Current weight: 176.4
    LTD MFP #2 58.6 lbs
    LTD overall 123.6 lbs - interesting how I had to change these numbers as well, not sure I like that but it just is

Yes - that blows chunks! I don't feel like I've done anything to have gained over 2 pounds so I'm thinking water...? I don't know, I was a bit bummed about it when I first weighed (not gonna lie, had to do it a few times to believe it) but I've walked, had a shower, getting ready to go into the office for a second day this week.

So anyway, a couple hours of living with this news has made me a bit 'meh' over it. Next week will be better, even if it isn't back to the 174.1, it should at least be under the 176.4.

Apologies for yet another quickie and not engaging, I am hoping that I can sit quietly and savor all of you guys and your goings on this evening!! =>

Have a good 'un!

@raleighgirl09 this was me last week! You definitely have a better attitude about it than I did! Hang in there - I lost 1 of the 1.5 pounds I gained so sending everyone's positive vibes from a few days ago your way ;)
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @Katmary71 - Steps with your arms counts, since your legs are not so cooperative! I can go back to putting a note on there.

COVID/quarantine positives for me:
    - More time with my family, including more time supporting my teenager and his studies this summer
    - So many date walks with my husband that we are getting to watch the seasonal changes in our neighborhood
    - More meditation; started working more at this to deal with anxiety and it is making changes that I like. It's like diet change, in that I have to be consistent and not look for any quick amazing changes.
    - Finding ways to spend time with people that I am not now running into.
    - Adventurous workouts, many of them thanks to this group! (Is it time to break out the disco videos again? :wink: )

@gwamajtw91 - Woohoo! You are #1!

@MommaGemz - Great weigh-in! Congratulations!

@trooworld - Congratulations on your tapestry project! And on having such a great day overall!

@raleighgirl09 - Hugs and a meh to that number. And I know you know the drill! Remind yourself of how well you are doing -- celebrate that LTD number! And then back to making the good choices that will get you to where you want to get!

@TeresaW1020 - Congratulations on working out a meal schedule that works for everyone! That takes some doing!
    Oh, and by the way -- if you get access to Headspace as part of your WW membership, you might give it a little taste? For what it's worth -- my experience is that it is for those of us who have busy chatty brains that could occasionally use a little calming down. No idea if people who already have quiet brains find it at all useful. They have "wind-down" programs for bedtime that I love. It's not something I'd have gotten for myself, but after my husband quietly used it for 6 months, I finally got curious and now love it.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain, I will look at Headspace again. Maybe before bed. Last night I lay awake for two hours trying to will myself to go to sleep. I went and synced Fitrockr too, but it didn’t put me in the lead or even close to it. :grin:

@gwamajtw91 & @MommaGemz, great weigh-ins this week! Keep it up. B)

@trooworld, good for you for hanging your tapestry. Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do. Glad you drank enough water too. :)

@raleighgirl09, yeah I get it that you were bummed to see the number on the scale. I have been bummed all week and not looking forward to tomorrow. It’s like we are here doing our best and the stupid number still won’t do what’s supposed to. But what to do? Can’t wallow for very long or we will just end up annoying ourselves and we can’t have that, can we? Next week will be better! <3

@GrethenReine, the best thing you can ever do for yourself is to not expect perfection. The simple truth is that you won’t hit every goal that you set for yourself. And sometimes that is going to be totally OK! And if it’s not OK well what can you do? You forgive yourself and you keep on moving forward. I’m glad you realize that and if you ever need a reminder we are here to give it to you. <3 Yayyyy on being able to go to the gym!!

@Katmary71, dang! I really want that air fryer tortilla with honey and cinnamon. Good thing I don’t have an air fryer! :D I love your COVID positives and that you have taken the time to see what is so good around you. It’s really easy to wallow in all that we can’t have and do. I’m sure I can come up with one or two things in my own life to be thankful for during the season of COVID.

Hey Team! :) Today, was my day off from working out and I fasted for 20 hours. Eating dinner early last night helped me fast longer today, but when I broke my fast, I still ended up eating too much. My conclusion that I have come to today is that Jiff peanut butter has to leave my life again. I just can’t have it and eat it in moderation. Since I’m really only wanting to eat once a day and only have a little something with a cup of coffee to break my fast, I decided to try Quest bars again. I used to eat them all the time for lunch at work. They might not be the healthiest in the whole food kind of way, but I like them, and I think having one bar and a cup of coffee will be enough until I make a nice wholesome dinner by 4 pm. Hubby went up to the Vitamin Shoppe and got me an assortment so I will give it a try for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. ;)

COVID positives:
    OK here is what I have come up with.
    1) I have kept my job. I only go in one day a week and can easily do what is needed from home at other times when I need to.
    2) My new schedule allows me to get up every morning and have my quiet me time before going into my exercise room and doing my workout.
    3) I am able to take my mom to all her doctor’s appointments. And there’s a lot of them!
    4) Quality time with my wonderful hubby
    5) Lots of fun jigsaw puzzle time while listening to my favorite fasting podcast which keeps me motivated.
    6) Enough time to spend in this group and on my FB groups, which I really value.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I love reading everyone's positives!

LOL @AustinRuadhain It's the same with when I got steps rocking on my love seat, I just want to be straight-forward and let people know I'm not actually walking around. Although I'm going to dance to one stinking song to get my over 15 calories under which is stupid, I just don't like closing my diary in the red unless I really earned it!

I've been craving peanut butter like a madwoman today. I've been really hungry and without protein drinks in the morning my protein is such a pain. Out of the three categories it's the one that drives me crazy since you really don't get a good amount of protein unless it's meat. I tried not worrying about it but with weightlifting especially it makes a difference. In other words, I'd love to eat my protein in all peanut butter today! Out of everything I eat posting a picture of the peanut butter tortilla is the funniest as the air fryer makes a huge puff in my tortillas even with poking holes in it first, the peanut butter gets a little crusty but is melted on the inside, then I put honey and cinnamon on top so it's all brown. My lunch salad is beautiful with a bunch of colors and that's just butt ugly in comparison, I was laughing posting it on my feed. It tastes amazing though for under 350 calories! My depressed buttered popcorn with melted cheese is way higher than that. Man, now I'm missing my binge foods. The last five days if I feel the need to eat it's cucumbers and cabbage dipped in salsa. I go through A LOT of salsa!

Thursday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, hip hop, dance sitting and standing, yoga, earth energy healing, foam rolling. I have a ton of energy but am not sleeping the best so I'm a little run-down, plus I don't want to make my pain worse right now. Oh, I did 1/5 minutes on the bike and wrapped it up when my legs tightened up.
    Water- awesome!

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- done, kicked butt!
    Yoga- done
    Recipe- It's not a food recipe unless I'm daring enough to try cooking with it but I may take my evil marijuana strain and make a topical oil out of it. The guy I'm seeing is coming to visit this weekend so I'll probably make something new. Naked Persian burgers? Depends on how I'm feeling, I may just make turkey taco meat and slap some tortillas on the table so I don't have to stand long. Thanks to Skinnytaste he thinks I'm an amazing cook, I'm getting a great reputation thanks to her recipes!
    Steps- just over 10,000

• GretchenReine
    Options
    MommaGemz wrote: »
    wylayn2ghz0k.jpg

I sent a note to support@fitrockr.com to let them know. It looks like a glitch with the data coming from FitBit, as everyone with a suspiciously low step count is a Fitbit user (currently 6 through 18 on our team rankings). 
    Bethanie P and Michelle M are FitBit users, but their step counts are not so obviously problematic (maybe they just had a larger number of steps in when the issue occurred?).

Their support has been amazingly helpful for a free app (appears to be just a labor of love). Based on past experience, they will sort this out pretty quickly. They are based in Europe, and may not look at this until tomorrow?

It's definitely still not working...I'm only showing 52 steps. I SWEAR I've walked more than that. :D
This discussion has been closed.