MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Leona. I'm back for the July challenge! I've been really struggling during this pandemic with my weight loss goals in that I have gained 13 pounds! I joined WW weeks ago and am ready to be back in this game. I've been stalking, just not posting.

@TeresaW1020 , I would like to keep my weigh in date on Wednesdays. Do I use my current weight as the starting point since I was gone for a month?

Good luck everyone!

Hi @leonadixon Welcome back to the challenge part of the spreadsheet! Wednesday is fine. Do you have a current weight from last Wednesday (or something current) we could use for the starting weight?

@broncobuddee , as I was rethinking this, I will do Mondays to keep it consistent with my WW weigh in day. Today's weight is 206.8 last week was 209.6. Which do you want to start with? Thank you!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,870 Member
    @jspanos345 Hi! I also spend a lot of time sitting at my job, I wish it were a little more active. Being a good example for your kids is a great "WHY"! :)

@DesertColibri Hello! Working towards a race, that's very motivating. I'm sure that will help keep you on track. Good luck!

Hello all. I'll re-introduce myself for the benefit of the new members. I've been on the team since maybe April of this year? I'm currently at 229.4 lbs and I have about 74.4 lbs left to lose. My eating plan: I don't track my food in MFP, I'm a member of WW and do all my tracking of food, fitness, etc. there. I live in Southern California with my husband and dog. I'm currently furloughed but hope to be back to work soon. I love to cook and talk about food, so you'll see me post a lot of recipes/talk about food a lot. For that, I apologize! lol My other hobbies include reading, making art and other crafts, and enjoying the outdoors. Welcome to the new people!

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: walk with hubby and the pooch
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 52+ oz of water
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Good morning y'all! My name is Gretchen. I'm 49 and live in Fairfax, Virginia. I'm a single mom to 2 children...1 adult son and a minor daughter. I have struggled with my weight most of my life. I had gastric bypass about 17 years ago now when I weighed just shy of 400 pounds. I have yoyo'd numerous times since then and have lost and gained in excess of 100 pounds twice now since the surgery. The most recent time just a few years ago. I am now just under 300 pounds and am hoping to lose at least 100 and have it be the final time. Quite honestly, I'm tired of proving that it can be done. I know it can be done. I know how to do it. I tend to let life get in the way and I eat my emotions...all of them...as well as other people's...and it shows on the scale.

I was not an active child in sports during middle and high school but found myself completing Half Marathons and challenge weekends in my mid-40s. I was quite shocked! I miss doing them and know that I wouldn't be able to complete one in my current condition. I want to get back to them. I actually miss crossing the finish line...not that anyone is crossing them right now anyways! (Thanks Corona!!!)

I have created some goals for myself starting with July 1 and am ready to get started. A friend told me about Fat2Fit and I'm hoping the additional support will help me.

I'm an open book...so if you have any questions...feel free to ask! You can also send me a FR or a message!

~Gretchen
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    @TeresaW1020 - Thank you for your prayers! Yes, I love card making...my great Aunt introduced it to me back in 1987. We had a local store that sold Precious Moments and Winnie the Pooh stamps. And yes, I still have them :smile: I have taught cardmaking at church several times. Not including Coronatime, I usually do a cardmaking class at church 3 times a year. Super fun!

@2020shih and @GretchenReine - Welcome! I sent you both a friend request!

@MommaGemz - Thank you!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Let's get all our fruits and veggies and lots of water!
  • katyjcrafts
    katyjcrafts Posts: 19 Member
    Hi everyone. I am a newbie to the challenge so thought I would introduce myself. My name is Alison, I am 57 and live in north west England. I have been married 33 years and have 2 daughters who are 28 and 22. The older one lives about 10 minutes walk away and the younger one lives at home. She has high functioning autism so is quite a fussy eater so I usually find myself making separate meals. I have struggled with my weight since childhood which affects my self esteem. I know how to lose weight, just have trouble putting it into practice. I have also found healthy eating has gone out of the window during lockdown as at the beginning I had to make meals based around what was in stock at the supermarket and since she shops have gone back to normal I have struggled to get back on track so hopefully the challenge can help me try to sort myself out
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Welcome @GretchenReine and @katyjcrafts ! I am new to Fat2Fit too - we'll be getting started together :smiley:
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi. I'm Jackie. I live in Southern Ontario, Canada with my hubby of 30yrs and 1 of our 2 adult kids. I've been part of this group for 2yrs. I'm down 25lbs from my heaviest and currently hovering around 199.

I was working in a chocolate factory precovid so being home hasn't hurt my weight loss efforts. Since I'm high risk with leukemia I'm mostly house bound and expect to be for at least another year. In the past few months I got back to my stamping and card making business which I used to do part time. I'm excited to be back to posting cards & videos on my blog (jackietopa.com) again. Now I need to make sure I dont spend my whole day sitting and making cards.

Welcome to all the new members. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

@DesertColibri what's the date of your marathon? If it ends up canceled I'll challenge you to a virtual marathon that day. My goal will be to earn my next Fitbit trophy 45k which is just under a 3/4 marathon.

@Vegan4lyfe2012 I still have my first precious moments stamp too (plus many many more. Mostly Stampin' Up). I hope your appointment goes well.

@MommaGemz I'm excited for you with the upcoming arrival of your stationary bike. Nothing is as inspiring as new equipment. I wear my Fitbit on my ankle or attached to my shoe so I get the benefit of at least half of the step count.
  • MommaGemz
    Jactop wrote: Β»
    @MommaGemz I'm excited for you with the upcoming arrival of your stationary bike. Nothing is as inspiring as new equipment. I wear my Fitbit on my ankle or attached to my shoe so I get the benefit of at least half of the step count.

That is an excellent idea - thank you!!

• melissa2013m
    melissa2013m Posts: 28 Member
    Username- melissa2013m
    Weigh Day- Monday
    Previous- 262.0
    Current- 259.8
  • DesertColibri
    DesertColibri Posts: 20 Member
    Hi everyone!

@Jactop it's October 11th! Love it, let's do it!

@trooworld Thanks, you too! Looking forward to the recipes and such!

@MommaGemz Thank you! We've got this!

@leonadixon Yay New Mexico! Good luck!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks so much, looking forward to it! Also, super cute pup in your user pic!

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited June 2020
    Howdy, Slimpossibles!
    Welcome to all our new members! Hurray to all our returning members!

I'm Austin, one of your three Team Motivators! Along with the super-fabulous @Katmary71 and @raleighgirl09 , I support our fearless Team Captains @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020 and try to help keep the awesome conversation here humming along.

I joined Fat2Fit well over a year ago, part way through my journey, and find this group to be super helpful and supportive. I have lost over 130 pounds since I buckled down on losing weight (January 2018), and have reached a healthy weight. I am now working on to build muscle and maintain/improve my fitness. I study martial arts. For cardio, I love walks and step aerobics, so you'll hopefully see those activities on my check-ins. I love to read up on things, and have studied habit building* and nutritional science** as I have worked on losing weight and getting healthier. Every body and every person is different, and I have enjoyed learning more and engaging in the kind of science experiment of figuring out what works for me. Making it happen has been and is still all about developing new habits for me, so I am a big cheerleader for our Fat2Fit Habit Tracker! (Actually, track habits any way that works for you and I'll be excited, but the group tracker lets you do something other people on the team can see, and I think there is real power in that!)

Hello, July challenge! Here we come!

More about habits and/or nutrition:
    * If interested, check out the work of B.J. Fogg (professor at the Stanford Behavior Design Lab)! One of the people who took his class at Stanford used what he learned to invent Instragram. Fogg has a book called Tiny Habits, which I love. If you want to reprogram your health and fitness habits, the Tiny Habits system is super simple and practical and fun! Free easy way to start -- Fogg's team has a weekly free Tiny Habits course to help you build new tiny habits to make your life better!

For inspiration on habits, see also the work of James Clear (author of Atomic Habits). His talk on How to Get 1% Better Every Day is particularly inspirational to me. He kicks it off this way:
    "So if you were able to improve by 1% each day for an entire year... you would end up 37 times better at the end of the year. And if you were to get 1% worse, you would whittle yourself down almost to zero."
    I just love that message -- you don't need to change something huge to reach your goals. Start small. Keep making small changes. Persistence will get you there!

** If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-based site nutritionfacts.org, as a great place to start. I am partway through listening to Tactics for Sustained Weight Loss, an interview he did with Rich Roll, and am loving it.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited June 2020
    Check-In
    SUNDAY: 🟒/🟑
    Calories: 🟒 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟒
    Exercise 🟒
    Monday Goals 🟒
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟒 (outdoor walk with husband)
    - Bonus workout of some kind πŸ”΄
    - Weights πŸ”΄
    Stretch/Yoga 🟒
    Martial Arts Breathing 🟒
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟒
    Other Goals
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟒
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟒
    - Scary Project #1 🟒🟒🟒
    - Scary Project #2 🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒

MONDAY Goals
    So far, so good! 🟒/🟑
    Monday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟒 (Jenny Ford Ste by Step 2)
    - Bonus workout βšͺ
    - Weights 🟒 (Popsugar Arms workout)
    Stretch/Yoga βšͺ
    Martial Arts Breathing βšͺ
    Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟒
    Other Goals
    - Scary Project #1 βšͺ
    - Scary Project #2 βšͺ

@Jactop - Hurray for holding steady on Onederland!

@leonadixon -- Woohoo! Welcome back to being in the game! And know that you are always welcome, even when quiet!

@vegan4lyfe2012 -- You are being so patient as you do all the work of healing from your surgery. I am so impressed at your tackling your diet as you recover. So inspirational!

@MommaGemz - Hi there! I used to live in Houston. That humidity is a mixed blessing, for sure. It's warm and damp and not always awesome for outdoor recreation. On the plus side, I truly did not understand why lotion was a thing until I moved. So maybe you are helping your skin stay great!

@DesertColibri -- Welcome to the team! We have things in common! I have run marathons in the past (none recently; knees). And I currently study martial arts. Same challenge as you regards meeting in person, but we are studying at home for now!

@jugar - Thank you for the challenge!

You guys! This week's challenge is so great!
    Measuring and logging food is so, so useful! How are you doing at measuring and logging?
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801796/july-2020-week-1-challenge-measure-up#latest
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 690 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Hey gang! I'm one of the team motivators and I love to read all about what folks are up to - from the daily stuff to the challenges to the funny or striking... Share away, we're all primed to get to know one another and cheer each other on!

I am 56 (57, oh-so-soon!) and live in Raleigh, NC, married and have a granddaughter! This month marks a year that I have been a part of this group and it has been a tremendous boost for me and helped me as I ride this journey all the way to maintenance. I have lost about 125 pounds (a repeat - lost 130 many years ago but then battled 50-60 pounds for years), the last 60 have been since April 2019. Maybe 15 more to go....maybe. Who knows for sure until I'm there....? =>

Welcome to the team, all of our new members and our wonderful and illustrious returning members!
  • raleighgirl09
    edited June 2020

30kgd8pb0lh5.jpg

LoveloveLOVE this!! @TeresaW1020 this is awesome - and so true!
  • raleighgirl09
    @AustinRuadhain hey, thanks for reposting the challenge - I just checked it out and it is a really great one! I have been weighing and measuring some things faithfully while other things I always guess - such as my salad dressing. Since I have salad almost daily, that could be quite the misstep if wrong. Starting tomorrow, measuring the dressing! I checked these out and have them earmarked to dive into! "** If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-based site nutritionfacts.org, as a great place to start. I am partway through listening to Tactics for Sustained Weight Loss, an interview he did with Rich Roll, and am loving it."
    @melissa2013m wow, off to a great start, way to go!!! => B)
    @Jactop what a truly sobering thought - so much time in front of us to remain cautious of our actions so we can avoid the virus... I'm glad you are playing it safe!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I sure do hope the cast comes off - as soon as it's time and the needed healing has taken place. I am thinking of you, I hope it is the sooner time frame!!
    @trooworld I love your food posts and recipes! Have not done the crispy tofu yet but it is saved on my 'copy me that' page so that I don't lose it!
    @leonadixon hey, so happy to see ya back in! Sometimes we all need a break but it seems your head is in the game and you're ready to attack - you got this. =>
    @MommaGemz you are so on the right track with the actions and goals, can't wait to hear more about the bike! And hey - weight is weight, we love to see it all go regardless of what it's comprised of.... o:)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,540 Member
    OK, I'm really behind! Great ideas on bags, I'll post something on Next Door and see if anyone can use them. The DNA test is a great idea, is there one you'd recommend?

Having ups and downs, just got my supplement in the mail and started thiamine, then a couple weeks ago B12 and folic acid. So far my walking is slightly better and my brain isn't as foggy.

The guy I'm seeing is meeting my SIL and nephews tomorrow and babysitting with me, I hope this goes well! I should've waited to date until after COVID and my health improved but he's a friend and it kind of happened. I'm going to be nice and let him skip working out, I somehow beat him up last time.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    1bzvw9ovkn9h.png

Wahoooo!! Look at how amazing these three ladies did! So proud of you all. :star::star::star:

@GretchenReine, hello and welcome to the team!! Emotional eating is such a struggle for so many of us and right now with our crazy world it’s a lot harder to stop, isn’t it? We are here to support and encourage you all the way. We have some ladies here who have lost a great deal of weight who are very inspiring to us all. So, jump right in and let us cheer you onward! :)

@katyjcrafts, welcome to the team! The virus has changed so much of how we live our lives but we all have to learn to deal with it and at the same time take care of our health and continue to work on our goals. You have taken a great step towards getting healthy by joining F2F and we are here to support you in every way! :)

@Jactop, I looked at your website and you do amazing work!! It must be fun to be so creative and those little mason jars are adorable!! :)

@Katmary71, Gin Stephens is where I learned about DNA testing to find out your traits and what you should be eating for your body talks about it in her book. She did a 23andMe test and then entered her raw data into a place called Xcode Life. Here is the link https://www.xcode.life/ I’m really wanting to do this but have to get DH in the right mood to spend the money. And since he just bought me a new ring and some office chairs, I need to bide my time. :D

Good morning! Well, yesterday I did a 23 Β½ hour fast and felt amazing! I kept busy by purging and organizing my home office after I did a killer workout with weights and a Barre cardio program. Hubby had to go to the store, so he picked me up a Starbucks iced coffee. It was the first time I had it with no sweetener or cream Just straight up black and it was so good!! I still can’t believe that I love black coffee and I really think I’m going to give up half-n-half even in my eating window. Who am I!!! OK, I’m off to do a Barre Booty workout and head to the grocery store. I don’t know how long I will fast today. I’m just going to listen to my body. :grin:

0bdhvjee0eq6.jpg
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Life has been crazy for me with the ex from hell...way before COVID...so you add that to it...and yes...stopping is not easy! I'm thankful for the support! I'm tired of losing and gaining the weight and am starting to feel way defeated at this point!!! :(

I have created goals for myself for July and am looking forward to starting them tomorrow!

1 gallon of water a day
    7,500 steps per day
    abs/squats (30 day challenge)
    1 mile per day minimum
    Log MFP daily
  • MommaGemz
    @Katmary71 Best wishes on the family gathering! It is so hard to wait with life on hold while we all work our way through Covid, so enjoy these beautiful moments when you can <3

@TeresaW1020 I've always been curious about a fast, so I look forward to reading more about your experiences! I also discovered that black coffee wasn't so bad when I was recently experimenting with IF. Just a little stevia was all I needed.

@raleighgirl09 Congrats on a year with the team! Your experience is very motivational!

Today is the day my stationary bike is supposed to arrive! I will be waiting by the door the entire day :D Then we have to put it together first. Maybe I can get a good first ride in before my Thursday weigh-in.

This Saturday is my 10th wedding anniversary, so that will be a day with no logging or tracking. We're trying to figure out how to make it special given that we're trying to be safe and stay at home with the kids during lockdown. It's looking like champagne, a fancy takeout meal and Netflix. (I may have to fast and stationary bike the day after to get back on track :# but hey, it's once every 10 years!)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,870 Member
    @GretchenReine and @katyjcrafts Welcome!

@raleighgirl09 Oh good, I was hoping I'm not annoying people lol! Congratulations on your first place ranking!!!

@Katmary71 I hope the meeting of the guy and your SIL and nephews today goes well!

@TeresaW1020 My hubby and I love that Starbucks iced coffee from the store. Of course, I add Premier Protein shake to it, but do your thing! lol Have a great day.

@MommaGemz Happy Anniversary (early)! Your plans for Saturday sound fun and perfect to keep safe. That's probably what we'll do for our anniversary in August (I don't think things will be much better by then). Enjoy!!!

Hello all. Things are in a state of upheaval in my household, we are having our whole bathroom remodeled thanks to a leak that happened. Today we will have to go to a hotel, so things are going to be chaotic for a few days. I'll try to check in tomorrow but it may be a few days.

Monday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 52+ oz of water
This discussion has been closed.