MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options
Cafelelia
Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
75rzzpg1u3ks.jpeg
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers!

Here is your Team chat room for July 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
Downsizers - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am soooo glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of the Fat2Fit moderators and your Mission Slimpossibles captain along with Mark (@broncobuddee) who takes care of recording our weekly weigh-ins. On Team Mission Slimpossibles we also have three incredible motivators, @AustinRuadhain,
    @raleighgirl09, and @Katmary71 who work very hard to keep the conversations going and are always willing to give advice and support!

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:

1)Weekly Weigh-In
    Please read the opening post so that you know how to correctly record your weigh-ins so that @broncobuddee can easily find you every week.

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. Remember the purpose of joining a group like this is not only for accountability to a weigh-in but also because working towards our goals helps when we are surrounded by like-minded people. We are stronger together!!

3) Monthly Step Challenge
    The Slimpossibles Step Challenge uses the website Fitrockr for a fun team competition. @AustinRuadhain is the moderator for our step challenge and will post the weekly winners as well as reminders to sync your data if needed. To join click the link and follow the directions to set up a FitRockr profile, connect your fitness tracker. Join Fitrockr

NEXT, JOIN THE SLIMPOSSIBLES CHALLENGE ON FITROCKR by going here (you'll need to log in or be logged in to FitRockr):
    Slimpossible Step League
    If all went well, you will see the message "Congrats! You just joined the following league: Slimpossibles Weekly Step Challenge"

Once You Are Set Up, you can view the Slimpossibles Step Challenge league at any time using this link, Slimpossibles Weekly Step Challenge
    You can also download the Fitrockr app for your iPhone or Android and keep up with your personal profile and your team challenge

3) Habit Tracker
    Fat 2 Fit has an awesome Habit Tracker on the main page. It will begin fresh each month and you can choose up to five habits that you want to work on. Then it’s up to you to go into the habit tracker each day and check off the habits you have completed.
    “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” ―John C. Maxwell

4) Monthly & Weekly Challenges
    We love challenges because they help us stay mindful of our goals and they allow us to get to know each other better! We will post challenges for the entire Fat2Fit group to do together as well as challenges for just our team. These challenges will always be voluntary.

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction :)

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I'm 54-years-old and live in Georgia. I'm happily married to the love of my life and we are parents to our little fur diva, Maggie Mae. I am the ministry assistant at my small church and love every minute of it. I’ve struggled with my weight most of my life with lots of ups and downs along the way. The one thing I have going for me is that I will NEVER give up!! Right now, I don’t belong to any particular diet plan. I have fully embraced the Intermittent Fasting lifestyle for over a year now and feel like every day I just get stronger and more determined to make this something I will do for the rest of my life. If you are interested in IF, I highly recommend Gin Stephen’s new book, “Fast, Feast, Repeat.” It will give you all the up-to-date and correct information needed to be successful with IF. I also love working out in the privacy of my home and use Beachbody on Demand and walk on my treadmill.

As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. <3

OK…your turn to share! :grin:

30kgd8pb0lh5.jpg

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning Team Mission Slimpossibles!! :) I woke up thinking about us entering the second half of the year and wondering what will the next six months look like. We can all agree that this year has been like no other and we have no idea what is around the corner. There is so much we can't control and that includes going back and changing the things we should have done and didn't. My weight loss goals are not what I set for myself back in January. Maybe yours aren't either. That's is OK!! Today is our day to begin again and finish this year with intention and determination. Maybe you are right on track with your goals. Yayyy!! Then keep at them and don't waiver.

I am excited for the next six months. How about you? <3

mog5f2um4sx6.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you, yes I was doing the happy dance!!! And yes, unfortunately, we've had water issues before but they were with the windows. This time, it's caused by the condo above us. :( We ended up canceling on our friends and getting take out from an Ethiopian restaurant for that reason (too risky). My husband is in a high-risk category and his brother is super-high-risk, so no need to take unnecessary risks like going to dinner!!! Your poor pooch. My dog is the same way. I bet that chicken was perfect and moist.

@raleighgirl09 Wow, good luck with the consulting gig opportunity, I hope it works out, that's fantastic! I hope the visit with your nephew goes well. I feel your pain: I once drove 5 hours there and 5 hours back for a one hour visit with an unappreciative nephew (not saying yours is, but mine was a spoiled, entitled one) that I never get to see. You may have a fantastic visit (and I hope you do!).

Hello everyone! I've got a low-key day today, nothing really planned. My pulled muscle in my arm is still hurting so I'm not really doing any exercising right now besides walking the dog/light walking. I'm going to go for a walk with the dog and the husband right now. Have a great Sunday!

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 52+ oz of water
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Last minute news flash! Two new members just jumped in this morning and will be on their way shortly: @jalalrcr and @jspanos345

Happy July!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    7ledwaxoctrc.gif
    h2qjdjz8vg36.png

crsaqcd5shpw.png
    3cpx0zn54yro.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1. Weight No More 0.59%
    2. Shrinking Assets 0.09%
    3. Mission Slimpossibles 0.03%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1. Weight No More 28.7 lbs
    2. Shrinking Assets 4.8 lbs
    3. Mission Slimpossibles 1.1 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1. @Ademann1 3.17%
    2. @cassiegetsfit2013 2.62%
    3. @timibotkin 2.17%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1. @timibotkin 6.2 lbs
    2. @Ademann1 6.0 lbs
    3. @cassiegetsfit2013 5.4 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Beka3695
    @UCGRocks
    @888Angie888
    @raleighgirl09
    @SMcFall0215
    @trooworld
    @missGYST
    @Gidgetgoescrazy
    @Boehle

2tdppxhan1my.png

• Cafelelia
    Options
    pxb725gg9wzi.jpg
    a8cw9frxm1no.png

4sbcn81i18st.png
    xcyu6ds8wvv6.png
    kd7dd6to9cxk.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1. Trimstones 1.34%
    2. Weight No More 1.28%
    3. WaistAways 1.16%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1. Weight No More 62.3 lbs
    2. Trimstones 58.8 lbs
    3. Downsizers 53.5 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1. @raleighgirl09 5.29%
    2. @kirsten11872 5.08%
    3. @Emmajhare 4.84%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1. @raleighgirl09 9.8lbs
    2. @kirsten11872 9.1 lbs
    3. @missGYST 9.0 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @ltopinka84
    @ELENA01
    @destiny_sierra
    @UCGRocks
    @Beka3695
    @unevano
    @lexabeep
    @Beka3695
    @1theresamcvean

1bzvw9ovkn9h.png

• jspanos345
    jspanos345 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I’m glad to be part of the team!
    My name is Jennifer and I live in Ontario, Canada. I have a lot to lose, but I have been chipping away slowly at it and have made it to my current total of just over 30lbs.
    I work in software, so spend a lot of time sitting. I’m trying to become more active so I can feel better and be an example for my kids.
    I just joined and my weigh in day is today, so no progress this week... yet🙂.

Username jspanos345
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 284
    CW 284
    LTD 31 lbs
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    8iwvyxlo9lyp.gif

June F2F Milestones

Congratulations @JOYfulNoise89 for making it to twoterland!

And for making it to onederland, congratulations to @chassp8pooh, @Jactop, @Arc130, @Beka3695, @sleepymom5 and @lindamtuck2018!

Well done!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    One more general announcement and you can get on with your team chat!

This week's F2F Challenge is up! Give it a try -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801796/july-2020-week-1-challenge-measure-up#latest
  • DesertColibri
    DesertColibri Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new and looking forward to July! Just joined Fitrockr as well. And congrats on your accomplishments in June, those of you who participated last month!

Intro (I won't usually have quite this much to say!):

I live in New Mexico and am getting back into running more seriously. I was training for my first full marathon back before COVID took hold, but was struggling with anemia around the time the race was postponed, about a month into training. I got swamped with work (though I feel very lucky to have my job, so don't mean to complain there) and anxiety about vulnerable family members during COVID and other things, and let myself get into a bit of a depressive slump, not watching what I eat as much or exercising as much, gaining weight, and feeling the consequences in terms of reduced energy levels, concentration, and confidence in addition to tighter clothes, but it's time to get my mind and body back in gear.

I'm not sure the race is going to happen in October either, but I'm telling myself it is to stay motivated. I have been running casually and have run some races up to half-marathon distance in the past, love hiking/backpacking, and more casually/intermittently do some climbing, kayaking, and biking. My partner and I had also grown quite fond of our local martial arts gym before we moved to New Mexico (not competitively just for fitness etc), and just found one we liked here too before COVID hit, but it hasn't re-opened yet.

I'd like to establish better food and fitness habits for both mental and physical health, improve my athletic performance, get as light and lean as possible without going too far and being unhealthy (e.g. becoming obsessive, malnourished, actually losing strength/speed/stamina), and set a good example/be a good support system for my partner, who is also trying to establish healthier habits and lose some weight (but he is not as into tracking and planning as I am).

Weigh-ins will generally be on Fridays but this week I weighed myself on Wednesday (after months of scale avoidance). I also used calipers and my scale to get an estimate of body fat %, as I might adjust my weight goals a little according to body composition down the road. I know calipers and scale aren't totally accurate but I'm using them more to track changes over time than as absolute numbers.

That said, starting weight as of Wednesday, 6/24: 162.9 lbs, 23.9 % body fat (avg. of scale and calipers but both were close to this).

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    lx4b9glx0sif.png
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! So much to catch up on! Welcome @jalalrcr and @jspanos345 !!

Congrats to our team members who placed - that is quite an inspiration!

Since I'm brand new to this team I'll introduce myself for July. My name is Shannon - I'm married and we have 2 young kids. I'm 45 and live near Houston, TX, where it is very hot, humid, and virusy, so all of our fitness activities are done inside.

I'm currently at weight 191 and I've been trying to get down to 165 for literally... years. Basically ever since I had my second child. I made a great attempt last year, but fizzled out at about 175. My weight creeped up again. Then the virus hit and the lockdowns started. With all the anxiety, changes, uncertainty, and the food hoarding that started when the stay-at-home started - in about 3 months I was back up to 196. Ouch. Then I started home schooling at the beginning of June - another big change.

I'm back in MFP, because truly calorie tracking is the ONLY way that I personally can lose the weight. I've tried Whole30, IF, Keto and really none of it worked for me. Now that our household had settled into a steady routine and this has all started to feel eerily "normal" I have more motivation and mental energy to focus on how we can all become healthier people in our house.

I started 2 weeks ago and managed to shave off the first 5 pounds (of water weight I'm sure), so now it's really just 26 more to go. I've been focusing on tracking calories, getting 10,000 steps a day, and drinking at least 64 oz. of water each day. My husband and I just bought a stationary bike that arrives on Tuesday, so incorporating that will be my main goal for July.

Having a team to work with seems really exciting for me and I look forward to the weekly challenges, FirRockr, and being motivated by everyone's hard work!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new members! My name is Jennifer and I am a single mom of all adult children - son is 24 and in the Navy (currently deployed, his ship just set a record - 164 days at sea with no port calls due to COVID), oldest daughter is 23 and lives with her husband about an hour south of me, and my youngest daughter is 20. She lives at home and is attending the local community college and working. I work in Community Development for my county in Michigan (been there 15 years now). I also love love love to rubber stamp and make cards and sometimes scrapbook. I'm an active member of my church (Board member). I've been vegan for 8 years, but fell into the usual junk food/fast food/convenience food trap and now I have about 45 pounds to lose. I'm your typical yo-yo'er, but I don't want to be anymore. My current diet strategy is ZigZag Calorie Counting – I eat 1200 calories 5 days per week and 1,590 the other 2 days.

I've been in this group for a few months now but currently not posting weekly weigh-ins because I had ankle surgery a month ago and I’ve been in a cast the past 30 days. I go on Tuesday to have the cast removed. The doctor will take an x-ray and determine if I have to be in a cast for an extra two weeks. This may happen because I received a donor tendon and he wants to make sure it takes. (I had surgery last Sept for this and he tried repairing mine…obviously it didn’t work.) Anyway, I have still been getting on the scale, but have no idea how much the cast actually weighs. I am really hoping to join in with the weigh-ins soon!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Leona. I'm back for the July challenge! I've been really struggling during this pandemic with my weight loss goals in that I have gained 13 pounds! I joined WW weeks ago and am ready to be back in this game. I've been stalking, just not posting.

@TeresaW1020 , I would like to keep my weigh in date on Wednesdays. Do I use my current weight as the starting point since I was gone for a month?

Good luck everyone!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new and looking forward to July! Just joined Fitrockr as well. And congrats on your accomplishments in June, those of you who participated last month!

Intro (I won't usually have quite this much to say!):

I live in New Mexico and am getting back into running more seriously. I was training for my first full marathon back before COVID took hold, but was struggling with anemia around the time the race was postponed, about a month into training. I got swamped with work (though I feel very lucky to have my job, so don't mean to complain there) and anxiety about vulnerable family members during COVID and other things, and let myself get into a bit of a depressive slump, not watching what I eat as much or exercising as much, gaining weight, and feeling the consequences in terms of reduced energy levels, concentration, and confidence in addition to tighter clothes, but it's time to get my mind and body back in gear.

I'm not sure the race is going to happen in October either, but I'm telling myself it is to stay motivated. I have been running casually and have run some races up to half-marathon distance in the past, love hiking/backpacking, and more casually/intermittently do some climbing, kayaking, and biking. My partner and I had also grown quite fond of our local martial arts gym before we moved to New Mexico (not competitively just for fitness etc), and just found one we liked here too before COVID hit, but it hasn't re-opened yet.

I'd like to establish better food and fitness habits for both mental and physical health, improve my athletic performance, get as light and lean as possible without going too far and being unhealthy (e.g. becoming obsessive, malnourished, actually losing strength/speed/stamina), and set a good example/be a good support system for my partner, who is also trying to establish healthier habits and lose some weight (but he is not as into tracking and planning as I am).

Weigh-ins will generally be on Fridays but this week I weighed myself on Wednesday (after months of scale avoidance). I also used calipers and my scale to get an estimate of body fat %, as I might adjust my weight goals a little according to body composition down the road. I know calipers and scale aren't totally accurate but I'm using them more to track changes over time than as absolute numbers.

That said, starting weight as of Wednesday, 6/24: 162.9 lbs, 23.9 % body fat (avg. of scale and calipers but both were close to this).

@DesertColibri I'm in NM too!☺
  • 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm June I'm from Staffordshire England.. I joined last month but didn't do to good I gained a pound . this month my kitchen scales are out and if it goes into my mouth its going to be weighed first .
    Any one who wishes to add me as a friend please do . ( I don't have many on here ).
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @jspanos345, hi Jennifer! I’m so happy to have you on our team. Wow, losing over 30 lbs is awesome and slowly chipping away at it is the best way to go. We are here to support and encourage you all the way! :)

@DesertColibri, welcome!! I am so glad that you have joined our group. This terrible virus has thrown so many of us for a major loop. The change in our lifestyle and worry over all that can happen is something we have all been dealing with. You will find the support and accountability in our group. I look forward to getting to know you! :)

@MommaGemz, hi Shannon! I’m so happy to have you on our team! I’m in Georgia so I feel your humidity pain. :grin: I’m glad that you have discovered what works for you to get your weight off and I’m sure you know that the most important factor to any weight loss plan is to do the plan. I encourage you to stay active in the group and let us cheer you on to your goals. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012, hey Jennifer! I didn’t know you love rubber stamping. I have two friends in my church that do that and we have done a couple of ladies events where we made cards. It was super fun! I am praying for good results from your doctor tomorrow! <3

@leonadixon, I am sure that @broncobuddee will see this and keep your weigh in on Wednesday. I assume that you will just use your current weight but he will tell you if that is not the case. :)

@2020shih, hi June! Let last month go and let’s concentrate on making July an awesome month. I sent you a friend request. ;)

Good morning!! I hope you are all ready to have an awesome week and a great month!! Let's do this thing!! B)

d1gl2az1b6i7.jpg

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Leona. I'm back for the July challenge! I've been really struggling during this pandemic with my weight loss goals in that I have gained 13 pounds! I joined WW weeks ago and am ready to be back in this game. I've been stalking, just not posting.

@TeresaW1020 , I would like to keep my weigh in date on Wednesdays. Do I use my current weight as the starting point since I was gone for a month?

Good luck everyone!

Hi @leonadixon Welcome back to the challenge part of the spreadsheet! Wednesday is fine. Do you have a current weight from last Wednesday (or something current) we could use for the starting weight?
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I hope you get your cast off tomorrow!

@DesertColibri I feel you - it's time for me to get out of this COVID slump and get back on track as well. I'm thinking positive about the October race for you!

@leonadixon I probably gained about 13 lbs this year as well. We can conquer it though!

@2020shih I sent you a friend request!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you for your support and the time you take to run the group and keep us motivation!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 199
    Todays Weight: 199
This discussion has been closed.