Leslie Sansone July 2020 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I did the new Classic Walk on YouTube with Kamilah. It was ok, the transitions to moves was a little ruff, in my opinion. I followed that up with 20 min Upper body workout by Jessica Smith. Apple watch is happy. Now I can move on with my day and advoid the heat. ;)
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    I so was not feeling the walk today even though the sun was shining and it was nice and cool after lots of rain. So I did a little cleaning, started the weekly laundry, and then put Leslie on. It was not my most spirited step session (the kicks were little lol and I skipped a lot of her aerobics and did the very most basic walking in place most of the time) but I got 10k steps in there and finished 4 loads of blessed laundry in the process. I muted Leslie since I was just using her movement as motivation and started my audiobook. That wasn't doing much for me either-- I definitely will be holding more interesting and mysterious books aside for future audiobooks since that was clearly a chunk of motivation last month. Now I'm treating myself to a sugary acai bowl (does anyone else still use food rewards sometimes to motivate through unpleasantness?) and some tv in front of the fan.

Not my best day- I love it when I enjoy the workout for the sake of working out but any day I get the steps in is a day that's probably good for my heart and my muscles as Leslie always reminds me.

Yeah, some days you have to go into auto-pilot to get it done. Good on you for getting it done. 👟👟 :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    salsa81 wrote: »
    Not a great start to the month!

01 July: Ride to the beach and back with my horses bestie = 13,502 steps
    02 July: No walk at dinner / workout due to weather and being at work = 5,685 steps
    = 19,891 total for my half million step challenge

It's early days yet... :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    July Goal: I'm going to try and change things up a bit this month. Going for 3 strength workouts a week every other week. Not a big change, but it's still a challenge (even after all this time) to do ANY strength workouts cause I so don't love them.

7/1.....Strength & Stamina 31 minutes, Radio Remix 44 minutes
    7/2.....2 miles of 5 Boosted Miles and 40 minutes mowing the lawn (Got 15,418 steps today!)
    7/3.....Tone Every Zone 65 minutes and a 12 minute ab workout

@mypinkbikini - Thanks. I'm not letting my amazingly strong ability to procrastinate get in my way this month. :)
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    One LS video per day ( at least 30 mins), 12,000 steps a day AND complete 2 health related audiobooks while walking in nature.
    July 1- WATP 4 mile challenge, love it. 16,666 steps😈. Listened to Fast Food Genocide. Daydreamed quite a bit. Hopefully I will learn to be more attentive. Happy Canada day 🇨🇦
    July 2- TEZ, 15,072 steps ( I just discovered I can get miles off of Fitbit- maybe next month!). Walked outdoors, but husband came, thought it would be rude to listen to a 📚.
    Walk, walk everyone.

• bacpath
    Options
    One LS video per day ( at least 30 mins), 12,000 steps a day AND complete 2 health related audiobooks while walking in nature.
    July 1- WATP 4 mile challenge, love it. 16,666 steps😈. Listened to Fast Food Genocide. Daydreamed quite a bit. Hopefully I will learn to be more attentive. Happy Canada day 🇨🇦
    July 2- TEZ, 15,072 steps ( I just discovered I can get miles off of Fitbit- maybe next month!). Walked outdoors, but husband came, thought it would be rude to listen to 📚
    July 3- 5 fat burning miles. Liked it a lot. Felt tired but energetic afterwards🥺.13,660 steps. A little Bit of outdoor audiobook but, man, do I ever day dream. Might have to switch to thrillers next month.

• VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    July Goal: 155 miles plus daily strength

July 1: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles Walk & Firm + 3 Fast Miles + 20 min HASfit shoulders w/dumbbells
    July 2: 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk + 17 min HASfit legs, thighs, butt w/weights
    July 3: 5 Miles ~ 4 Mile Super Challenge + 1 Mile Classic Walk w/ Kamilah + 20 min HASfit biceps w/dumbbells
    July 4: 6 Miles ~ 5 Advanced Miles + 1 Mile Brisk Walk + 45 min HASfit Tabata full body w/weights

22 of 155 miles
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    I did the new Classic Walk on YouTube with Kamilah. It was ok, the transitions to moves was a little ruff, in my opinion. I followed that up with 20 min Upper body workout by Jessica Smith. Apple watch is happy. Now I can move on with my day and advoid the heat. ;)

@Deeder522 I also tried that walk with Kamilah on YouTube. It was okay, not one of my favorites, although I really like her. Seems like all those videos with the "new" leaders have the exact same music which makes them kinda boring to me.
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    10k yesterday composed of 3 short 15 minute walks spread out plus general life steps at work.

Today I went to work but had to leave early for family illness so I will probably be off the rest of the weekend. I did not step well today, heck I just had my first meal of the day at 7p which I forced down 1000 calories of pasta and fruit because I hadn't felt ok to eat all day but decided maybe full on 0 calorie day wasn't a great plan.

If I feel ok in am im going to try to get my 10k steps in at once then

Hope everybody else had a happier easier 4th of July.

• bacpath
    Options
    July 2- TEZ, 15,072 steps ( I just discovered I can get miles off of Fitbit- maybe next month!). Walked outdoors, but husband came, thought it would be rude to listen to 📚
    July 3- 5 fat burning miles. Liked it a lot. Felt tired but energetic afterwards🥺.13,660 steps. A little Bit of outdoor audiobook but, man, do I ever day dream. Might have to switch to thrillers next month.
    July 4- Happy day to my 🇺🇸 friends. 30 days, both segments. 12,761 steps
  • AnnofB
    Options
    July Goal: I'm going to try and change things up a bit this month. Going for 3 strength workouts a week every other week. Not a big change, but it's still a challenge (even after all this time) to do ANY strength workouts cause I so don't love them.

7/2.....2 miles of 5 Boosted Miles and 40 minutes mowing the lawn (Got 15,418 steps today!)
    7/4.....35 minutes of 5 Mix and Match Miles by Jessica Smith
    7/5.....26 minutes of a strength workout. Free styled it today
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    July Goal: 155 miles plus daily strength

July 1: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles Walk & Firm + 3 Fast Miles + 20 min HASfit shoulders w/dumbbells
    July 2: 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk + 17 min HASfit legs, thighs, butt w/weights
    July 3: 5 Miles ~ 4 Mile Super Challenge + 1 Mile Classic Walk w/ Kamilah + 20 min HASfit biceps w/dumbbells
    July 4: 6 Miles ~ 5 Advanced Miles + 1 Mile Brisk Walk + 45 min HASfit Tabata full body w/weights
    July 5: 6 Miles ~ 4 Mile Punch Up Your Walk + 2 Mile Heart Healthy + 45 min HASfit Tabata full body w/weights

28 of 155 miles
  • Deeder522
    Options
    bacpath wrote: »

I agree, I usually listen to murder mysteries if I'm doing an audiobook with walking. Once I get into the listening groove the next thing I know I've walked at least 3 miles. Not doing a lot of that right now with the heat in the 90's.
  • Deeder522
    edited July 2020
    Options
    July Goals - Update
    Milage goal: 15.16 / 100 miles tracked
    Apple Watch Challenge: 2661 / Burn 17,600 calories 😳 Wish me luck on that one, ha!
    My watch suggests I burn 575 calories each day for the rest of the month. 🤣

I did the 2 Mile SWEAT from Youtube this morning. it got my heart rate up and going. No break from the heat insight so I'll be kicking it inside for a while yet.

Walk Strong!!
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Got through my weekend- I'm pretty tired but got in some short walks of 20 minutes or so each day to get to 5k. Family illness resolving which is good. No fitbit on today (sorry still tired) so no clue what my steps were but I'm calling it a rest day and putting my watch back on tonight with a goal of getting my 10k steps in every day for the rest of the week.

Everyone is doing great the last few days with BIG NUMBERS of steps and sweats! Got 2 new thrillers to keep me engaged over the next week of walking once my work week is over.
  • bacpath
    Options
    [quote="Deeder522;c-45148178"agree, I usually listen to murder mysteries if I'm doing an audiobook with walking. Once I get into the listening groove the next thing I know I've walked at least 3 miles. Not doing a lot of that right now with the heat in the 90's. [/quote]
    Thanks, I think I’m gonna switch to a juicy murder mystery.
  • bacpath
    Options
    ]One LS video per day ( at least 30 mins), 12,000 steps a day AND complete 2 health related audiobooks while walking in nature.
    July 5- No LS, I was sore. I think I need a rest day every 2 weeks. Big outdoor walk, a little bit of book and 17,035 steps 😅

• AnnofB
    Options
    @bacpath - Rest days will help with that soreness. 17,035 steps. Awesome!
  • AnnofB
    Options

7/4.....35 minutes of 5 Mix and Match Miles by Jessica Smith
    7/5.....26 minutes of a strength workout. Free styled it today
    7/6.....Rest day
    7/7.....2 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down

Walk, walk, walk!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    July Goal-Not to gain any weight.

I am going to do the best I can to get through this heat and move as much as I can. I tried Leslie, but even with the AC, it is not enough. I am usually not in MI in July or most if August and I had no idea it got this HOT!!!! My body just cannot take 93, 95, 97, 91F and 82F in the house. It just saps all my energy. So, this month, my goal is to simply not gain any weight, which should be easy since eating is not pleasant in this heat either! :laugh:

7/1-Vivofit tracked-1.8 miles=1.8 miles total
    7/2-Vivofit tracked-1.3 miles=3.1 miles total
    7/3-Vivofit tracked-3.0 miles=6.1 miles total
    7/4-Vivofit tracked-2.0 miles=8.1 miles total
    7/5-Vivofit tracked-1.7 miles=9.8 miles total
    7/6-Vivofit tracked-1.3 miles=11.1 miles total
    7/7-WAH-3 Mile weight Loss Walk-2 miles=13.1 miles total

Welcome to all the new Walkers!!!

Walk Strong Everyone who can take the heat! :bigsmile: